** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benfica v Spartak Moscow (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Celtic v FC Barcelona (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) At first glance I see goals written all-over these two games.. Spartak Moscow average 2 goals a game under Emeri in this season's CL, yet they have only 3 points; wit every chance of coming second. I can see Benfica scoring so BTTS & OVER 2.5 would be the obvious choice. Barca should look to earn a point at least v Celtic where its never easy to come and play given the atmosphere. I think a draw in this one would pretty much guarantee the first spot in the group. Celtic gave them a right go at the Nou Camp in the reverse fixture and will now they have to outscore them in order to get anything here, and this Barca team do have a weakness and do leak goals even against average teams. Looking forward to everyones previews and opinions on these :)

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) From a clear betting perspective they are perhaps a value bet here tonight in terms of scoring a goal. They have a relatively impressive home record in the CL and do create a good atmosphere on these nights which can really spur on their team. Barcelona have big problems in defence with Pique and Puyol missing among others but of course still merit being strong favourites considering their attack. Celtc were absolutely pounded in Spain but nearly managed to hang on, I'd expect a slightly more attacking mentality at home, and I will have some money on Celtc to score one goal 3/2 with Bwin.

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Emenike is out and I think that is big blow for Spartak. They have some improvement in their defense lately and without Emenike their primary goal will be to get at least a point here. I'm not impressed by Benfica offense also they struggle to score just 1 goal so far so i'm expecting low scoring game here and odds around 2.00 are more than good

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) with all the missings Celtic have, injuries etc I seriously believe they will struggle to score. samaras and hooper are out by the looks of things and thy are missing a defender as well. I dont think Celtic will score with 18yeat old Watts up front. will barcelona rest any players? if they play with a full squad then i can see a drubbing as celtic wont be able to be quite so defensive at home.

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow)

with all the missings Celtic have' date=' injuries etc I seriously believe they will struggle to score. samaras and hooper are out by the looks of things and thy are missing a defender as well. I dont think Celtic will score with 18yeat old Watts up front. will barcelona rest any players? if they play with a full squad then i can see a drubbing as celtic wont be able to be quite so defensive at home.[/quote'] Samaras may make it tonight, Hooper, Izaguirre, Forrest and Rogne are all out. IMO, we will miss Forrest the most out of the absentee's from tonight, his pace would provide a good out ball for the defence, however he wasnt even guaranteed to start, so in reality he may not be that much of a miss. With regards to Tony Watt, yes he is 18 years old....however he has the attitude and discipline of an experienced striker, I have been really impressed with the young Scotsman and I think he will relish this opportunity if given the chance. We do however also have the option of play Miku up front, both these guys were on the score sheet at the weekend. I don't think Hoopers absence will have as big an impact as everyone believes. To be honest, if Celtic do score, I see it coming from a set peice (as Barca have not been particulary strong in this area) so the goals are more likely to come from the more physical guys like Wanyama, Wilson, Ledley than it will be from a striker during open play IMO. If Samaras makes it, it will give the home side a massive boost. Depends what you class as a drubbing, but I seriously doubt Celtic will be beaten by a large margin this evening, we have shown time and time again that we are capable of competing at this level at home and in the away leg we hardly recieved a drubbing so I'm fairly confident we won't be on the end of one in this tie. I could of course be wrong. No bet for me, unless it's a novilty first/anytime scorer bet.

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Victor Wanyama anytime scorer @21/1 Unibet Big price for the Kenyan here and well out of line with the other firms. For me its a mistake by the odds compilers as Wanyama who is a midfielder is priced up along with other Celtic defenders such as Kelvin Wilson, Adam Matthews and Mikael Lustig, they don't even offer odds on Efe Ambrose which shows they don't seem quite clued up on Celtic. Wilson and Matthews who of course have never scored for Celtic, whereas Wanyama is Celtics top goalscorer in the SPL with four goals. Barcelona look vulnerable from set pieces where Celtic scored from in the Nou Camp and I expect that to be a target for Celtic tonight with the height difference in Celtics favour and Charlie Mulgrew and Kris Commons can both put in excellent deliveries. Wanyama came very close to scoring from a corner in the first game at 1-1 and the powerful Kenyan is very strong in the air. This price is as low as 5/1 with other firms so this is well worth a punt, Wanyama also has a great strike so chances are not just limited to in the air. Victor has 5 goals in 17 appearances this season and although primarily a defensive midfielder he likes to get forward aswell. He is a great talent and is already being touted for big money moves to better leagues and he will be a threat tonight.

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) 4pts Barcelona to win to nil 5/4 Ladbrokes Barcelona have conceded a lot of goals throughout this season but in their last three matches they have only conceded one and that was a goalkeeping error so they are gradually getting better in that department. Apart from the own goal which came their way in the Nou Camp, Celtic didn’t offer a whole lot going forward as you would expect and with injuries biting them here they may not offer a lot more in this match either so I can see Barcelona winning this and with them getting better at the back, winning it to nil too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/celtic-vs-barcelona-betting-barcelona-should-have-things-much-easier-than-a-fortnight-ago

Victor Wanyama anytime scorer @21/1 Unibet Big price for the Kenyan here and well out of line with the other firms. For me its a mistake by the odds compilers as Wanyama who is a midfielder is priced up along with other Celtic defenders such as Kelvin Wilson, Adam Matthews and Mikael Lustig, they don't even offer odds on Efe Ambrose which shows they don't seem quite clued up on Celtic. Wilson and Matthews who of course have never scored for Celtic, whereas Wanyama is Celtics top goalscorer in the SPL with four goals. Barcelona look vulnerable from set pieces where Celtic scored from in the Nou Camp and I expect that to be a target for Celtic tonight with the height difference in Celtics favour and Charlie Mulgrew and Kris Commons can both put in excellent deliveries. Wanyama came very close to scoring from a corner in the first game at 1-1 and the powerful Kenyan is very strong in the air. This price is as low as 5/1 with other firms so this is well worth a punt, Wanyama also has a great strike so chances are not just limited to in the air. Victor has 5 goals in 17 appearances this season and although primarily a defensive midfielder he likes to get forward aswell. He is a great talent and is already being touted for big money moves to better leagues and he will be a threat tonight.
Tremendous spot there SOL, I followed with 2 points @ 21/1, Victor is always capable of scoring with his shooting and heading ability. Cracking value considering the prices on other sites! Well done mate and thanks again.

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Celtic v Barcelona Barcelona -3 Handicap @ 9/2 Paddypower Alba anytime scorer @ 7/1 Bwin Messi Hat trick @ 8/1 Stanjames Despite Celtics heroic defensive display against Barca last time out I really feel the Scots were punching above there weight and to do the same against Barca twice in a row is asking alot. Celtic will get fantastic home support but this won't phase Barca, they play the same football what ever situation they are put in so expect another show of dominance from the catalan giants tonight. After the below par display at the Nou Camp Barca will want to prove last time out was a blip and show Celtic just how good they can be on these Champion league nights, also a win should just about see them take the group and qualify for the next round. I have also seen a couple of bets i like in the goalscorers category, Jordi Alba for me is a great bet as he gets forward alot and tonight should be no different, he's very comfortable in the last 3rd as he has shown on occasion and will be another threat for Celtic. Messi to score a hat trick also looks decent value to me, he didn't score against Celtic last time out despite a number of chances and tonight could see him punish the Scottish champions on home turf.

Over 1.5 goals in the 1st half is 2.1 (11/10) with paddypower
His stake would be returned if there was exactly one goal in the first half and he would win his bet if there were 2 or more goals in the first half. Given the odds and the way the bet was written, I believe that is the case. :ok

His stake would be returned if there was exactly one goal in the first half and he would win his bet if there were 2 or more goals in the first half. Given the odds and the way the bet was written, I believe that is the case. :ok
Ah right, didn't realize that. Cheers for the info.

off topic but have u ever had trouble withdrawing from betsafe? heard lots of complaints.
I have heard and had problems myself, but if you don't brake their rules, then they can't do anything about you. If not, just contact LGA or wherever they're registrated and they will more than kind to u :)

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Celtic - Barcelona Under 3.5 goals 1.83 @ Betfair - Celtic were so close to getting a point at the Nou Camp two weeks ago and Barca found it difficult to break them down and as this match is being played at Celtic the atmosphere will obviously be rocking. Celti have a few injury problems and Forrest is out which is a miss for them. I can't see Celtic scoring more than 1 goal tonight so the only way that i can see this game going over 3.5 goals is by Barcelona winning 4-0 or 3-1. I'm not too sure Barca will score 4 tonight as they just managed to squeeze past Celtic 2-1 two weeks ago so 1.83 in under 3.5 goals seems like a decent price here.

Victor Wanyama anytime scorer @21/1 Unibet Big price for the Kenyan here and well out of line with the other firms. For me its a mistake by the odds compilers as Wanyama who is a midfielder is priced up along with other Celtic defenders such as Kelvin Wilson, Adam Matthews and Mikael Lustig, they don't even offer odds on Efe Ambrose which shows they don't seem quite clued up on Celtic. Wilson and Matthews who of course have never scored for Celtic, whereas Wanyama is Celtics top goalscorer in the SPL with four goals. Barcelona look vulnerable from set pieces where Celtic scored from in the Nou Camp and I expect that to be a target for Celtic tonight with the height difference in Celtics favour and Charlie Mulgrew and Kris Commons can both put in excellent deliveries. Wanyama came very close to scoring from a corner in the first game at 1-1 and the powerful Kenyan is very strong in the air. This price is as low as 5/1 with other firms so this is well worth a punt, Wanyama also has a great strike so chances are not just limited to in the air. Victor has 5 goals in 17 appearances this season and although primarily a defensive midfielder he likes to get forward aswell. He is a great talent and is already being touted for big money moves to better leagues and he will be a threat tonight.
No way!!! :clap

:clap Superb!

Great shout here! :clap

Absolutely great shout, you called it as if you'd seen it in a crystal ball!! It's a shame I only read your post half an hour before kick-off and those silly silly odds compilers at Unibet had long since corrected their crazy mistake!! I'll be reading your mystic-Meg-esque shouts a little earlier from now on!!!:cry