** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow)

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow)

Samaras may make it tonight, Hooper, Izaguirre, Forrest and Rogne are all out. IMO, we will miss Forrest the most out of the absentee's from tonight, his pace would provide a good out ball for the defence, however he wasnt even guaranteed to start, so in reality he may not be that much of a miss. With regards to Tony Watt, yes he is 18 years old....however he has the attitude and discipline of an experienced striker, I have been really impressed with the young Scotsman and I think he will relish this opportunity if given the chance. We do however also have the option of play Miku up front, both these guys were on the score sheet at the weekend. I don't think Hoopers absence will have as big an impact as everyone believes. To be honest, if Celtic do score, I see it coming from a set peice (as Barca have not been particulary strong in this area) so the goals are more likely to come from the more physical guys like Wanyama, Wilson, Ledley than it will be from a striker during open play IMO. If Samaras makes it, it will give the home side a massive boost. Depends what you class as a drubbing, but I seriously doubt Celtic will be beaten by a large margin this evening, we have shown time and time again that we are capable of competing at this level at home and in the away leg we hardly recieved a drubbing so I'm fairly confident we won't be on the end of one in this tie. I could of course be wrong. No bet for me, unless it's a novilty first/anytime scorer bet.
So chuffed for Celtic and Tony Watt in particular tonight, this kid has the making of a top striker if he keeps his head down and continues to work hard. Once again the Hoops show they are a force to be reckoned with at Celtic Park. Won money on the Wanyama anytime scorer bet as posted earlier by SOL, once again cheers for the heads up on the odds mate....you won a few people a fair bit of cash tonight!

Re: Group G > Nov 7 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Used my free 50 quid in-play bet on Celtic-Barca to be a draw about 75 minutes in at 2.75, couldn't see Celtic holding on..:lol Fair play to Celtic, thought the price on Barca was too low but at the same time expected them to win. Who would have thought the agg score after the two games would be 3-3? Celtic fans were superb tonight as I expected, think they made a big difference to the players..Barca can look a bit impotent in games like this, lacking a plan b but always sticking to their principles which I respect. Celtic are still capable of raising their game for the big occasion..

Victor Wanyama anytime scorer @21/1 Unibet Big price for the Kenyan here and well out of line with the other firms. For me its a mistake by the odds compilers as Wanyama who is a midfielder is priced up along with other Celtic defenders such as Kelvin Wilson, Adam Matthews and Mikael Lustig, they don't even offer odds on Efe Ambrose which shows they don't seem quite clued up on Celtic. Wilson and Matthews who of course have never scored for Celtic, whereas Wanyama is Celtics top goalscorer in the SPL with four goals. Barcelona look vulnerable from set pieces where Celtic scored from in the Nou Camp and I expect that to be a target for Celtic tonight with the height difference in Celtics favour and Charlie Mulgrew and Kris Commons can both put in excellent deliveries. Wanyama came very close to scoring from a corner in the first game at 1-1 and the powerful Kenyan is very strong in the air. This price is as low as 5/1 with other firms so this is well worth a punt, Wanyama also has a great strike so chances are not just limited to in the air. Victor has 5 goals in 17 appearances this season and although primarily a defensive midfielder he likes to get forward aswell. He is a great talent and is already being touted for big money moves to better leagues and he will be a threat tonight.
Hi guys, delighted the bet won - it was crazy odds. I'm glad a few folk have picked up on the bet and hopefully won some money. I do wish Celtic were given a bit more respect on the forum sometimes, feels like whenever we play in this competition we are being tipped to get beaten comfortably every time, especially the Undertaker who every time we play seems to be hammering home how poor Celtic are. We have only lost one game after four games in the Champions League, and that was a last minute goal in the Camp Nou, the guy backing Barca -3, I mean come on how often do Celtic get hammered at home, its crazy. As a side note I backed Celtic but thats not important, at Celtic Park with the fans behind them Celtic are a force to be reckoned with, 1/3 for Barca was laughable. Anyway, hopefully we can go onto qualify for the last 16. Hail Hail.

Hi guys, delighted the bet won - it was crazy odds. I'm glad a few folk have picked up on the bet and hopefully won some money. I do wish Celtic were given a bit more respect on the forum sometimes, feels like whenever we play in this competition we are being tipped to get beaten comfortably every time, especially the Undertaker who every time we play seems to be hammering home how poor Celtic are. We have only lost one game after four games in the Champions League, and that was a last minute goal in the Camp Nou, the guy backing Barca -3, I mean come on how often do Celtic get hammered at home, its crazy. As a side note I backed Celtic but thats not important, at Celtic Park with the fans behind them Celtic are a force to be reckoned with, 1/3 for Barca was laughable. Anyway, hopefully we can go onto qualify for the last 16. Hail Hail.
Congrats on the win, but 1/3 for barca is hardly laughable. I didn't have a bet on, but when the team has 85 percent of the possesion then they deserve the odds of 1/3. If you played again tommorrow and the odds were say 4/9, then there would be loads of money on it, and i would have easily taken it.

Congrats on the win' date=' but 1/3 for barca is hardly laughable. I didn't have a bet on, but when the team has 85 percent of the possesion then they deserve the odds of 1/3. If you played again tommorrow and the odds were say 4/9, then there would be loads of money on it, and i would have easily taken it.[/quote'] Yeah that was poorly phrased but I just don't see the point in backing at such short odds, Barca were through with a draw, I felt they were pretty short especially after the way the first game panned out and how vulnerable defensively they look.

Yeah that was poorly phrased but I just don't see the point in backing at such short odds' date=' Barca were through with a draw, I felt they were pretty short especially after the way the first game panned out and how vulnerable defensively they look.[/quote'] It's easy to day that after the event though mate :ok with the benefit of hindsight we can look back and say this or that :) I think the only punters on Celtic in this game would have been Scots :lol Superb call with the pick though :clap