BBOTD Saturday 22nd September

Newbury 310 - Mister Music 8/1 Bet365 BOG I backed this horse when it finished third at Goodwood and came thundering home after being stone cold last a couple of furlongs out and meeting trouble en route. He also met trouble well again finishing third of five over this trip at Newmarket in a conditions race, but after getting going too late he picked up nicely at the end of the race to at least prove that he gets the trip. Back in a handicap here, and at a wide galloping track that generally favours hold up horses, if there was any time this horse will come in then it is tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September Ayr 14:20 - Grissom Tim Easterby’s trained Grissom looks some value to me here – Acts on any going (from firm to heavy). Has won over 5, 6 and 7 furlongs. In the Stewards Cup Grissom was only beaten a few lengths by a couple of contenders for the Gold cup, like Hawkeyethenoo. Last time he raced in this grade he won, at Pontefract. 22/1 @ WilliamHill - 0.5 Points EW (1/4 5places)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 3.55 Newmarket - 1pt win Bernie The Bolt @ 11/1 (PP) I have a feeling that Andrew Balding's horse is going to run a cracker here in an attempt to win the race for the second time having been successful in 2009. His only other victory since then came off a mark 5lbs higher than this but he has had excuses on many of his runs of late. Ran plenty well enough on his seasonal return this year before possibly bouncing here next time in what proved to be an extremely hot race which has worked out very well. The combination of ground and distance seemed to catch him out at the Royal meeting before shaping okay back at Ascot last time when the race was run totally not to suit (nothing came from off pace - did best of those from rear). Steps back up to 2m2f here and to the course and distance he's won at previously and is off a nice mark. Ground is fine for him and all three of his wins have come in August/September so this could be his time of year also. Hopeful of a good effort.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 1530 ayr 1pt win maarek 12/1 betfred prefers soft ground and will get that today, thats for sure, won well at the curragh last time out when ridden by spencer at his best, up 5lb for that but has got a capable apprentice taking that off with his allowance

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September Grissom #2.20 Ayr (20/1) bet365 M. Easterbys gelding has all conditions in his favour and should run a big race. The 19 draw should be fine, I hope, and a fast run 6f on ground with plenty of give is ideal and is only 2lb higher than his last winning mark . .5pt e/w (1/4 odds 5 places)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 5.15 Ayr xilerator 1pt win 10/1 stanjames Dandy has ended up swerving the silver cup with this horse and putting him in this easier race which he won last year. To me that says he wants to win with this horse today going for the easier option. Ground should not be a problem for him and I expect an improvement on what he has shown in recent starts.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 3.30 Ayr Alben Star - fifth in Stewards Cup when drawn further away from the action than ideal. Needs to bounce back from latest disappointment at Ripon but has generally held his form well this year. Hopefully the ground dries out for him. 20/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 355 Newmarket: Bernie The Bolt EW (10/1 BetVic) A winner over course and distance when he won this contest in 2009 and runs off the same mark today and not many in this field can guarantee getting home so looks a solid EW bet to me. Has been running in good class company all season and although he has had his problems he has now put four runs together and should be about to hit form and hopefully will go on to run in the Cesarewitch next month.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September A3.30 Boastful 1pt win 25/1 William Hill I picked this one out last night and it's encouraging to see that Bowles fancies it on his trends thread and Ted also likes the look of it. The horse will absolutely love these conditions and if he's drawn on the right side (drawn 25 of 27) it could make a really bold show. The horse is still really lightly raced and has been running in group races so is clearly well thought of. This is also the first time that this useful 3lb claimer has taken the ride which is another positive and indeed this trainer/jockey combo provided an easy 14/1 winner at the meeting yesterday.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 2:20 Ayr: Klynch 1pt win 33/1 Bet365 This course and distance winner has not been near the frame on his last four runs, however there is a chance is largely due to the going rather than being out of form. As a result Klynch has dropped to his last winning mark and while it does require a fair leap of faith to see a sudden return to form, with conditions to suit he might just bounce back.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 16.55 Newbury: Capo Rosso 12/1 Bet365 Just surprised to see such a big price available for Capo Rosso as I feel he is very progressive and despite a 2lb rise in the mark for a 3rd place at Haydock recently I think he can improve further. He was probably the best horse in the Haydock race two weeks ago but had a real horror run. He was pretty much short of room from 3f out on and was also hampered by the eventual winner a bit later. When he finally found a bit of daylight deep inside the final furlong the bird was flown but it was impressive how he still ran on to finish third. He confirmed the good impression which he gave at Haydock in August when he won on his handicap debut - a form which works out very well.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September 2:30 Listowel - Reine Angevine - Back Ran a good race on debut when 3rd two starts ago. Built upon that promise when winning really nicely lto and jumped really smoothly. That makes him the standout option in this company and he could well prove to be a fair bit better than this lot in the long run 1pt win @ 8/11 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September *Jeer - Wolverhampton 9:20* Course form can be vital at this track, and apart from the favourite, Jeer is the only other course winner, a 2 time course and distance winner at this track. Won off a mark of 66 here in February, and runs of 65 today. Not only that, but has a 7 pound claimer on board, so is effectively 8 pounds lighter now. Big chance if it can get back near it's best. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG*

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September DEAR BOSS 4.45 Listowel. 1 point win. Chase debut, and although needs to find more on all known hurdling form, I think chasing should suit better and he could be the surprise in the pack. The trip and ground hold no problems and the odds are certainly there to take a chance. The favourite fell on his chase debut, so anything could happen and the value lies with us. 25/1 Ladbrokes BOG.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 22nd September

*Jeer - Wolverhampton 9:20* Course form can be vital at this track, and apart from the favourite, Jeer is the only other course winner, a 2 time course and distance winner at this track. Won off a mark of 66 here in February, and runs of 65 today. Not only that, but has a 7 pound claimer on board, so is effectively 8 pounds lighter now. Big chance if it can get back near it's best. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG*
:clap