PLO

Nade

Re: PLO Position is even more important than in NLH as are stack sizes as some players will be very deep and others very shallow allthough as far as I can see all the short stackers do is spew money. You'll also find players buying in for the max and apparently throwing money away but I think all they are trying to do is create a deeper stacked game which they think they can exploit. Dont know if you plan using software and mutitabling, but I would suggest sticking to one table if you dont plan using software. I multitable a lot but basically I only really play to generate loyalty points quickly which is why I have moved to hi/lo. The starting hands and flop play are easier there. Good luck and do let us know how it go's

Re: PLO Played about 2200 hands so far mostly at 10plo made 7 buy-ins probably running super hot, then made 3 buy-ins at 25plo but well over EV after this hand which i don't think is the worst play in the world, unless the guy behind me goes all-in too which he did. Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 1900177 DeucesCracked Poker VideosHand History Converter Hero (UTG): $26.76 CO: $39.61 BTN: $17.82 SB: $25.00 BB: $18.84 Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Qspade.png Jdiamond.png Qclub.png Jclub.png Hero raises to $0.63, CO calls $0.63, 1 fold, SB calls $0.53, BB raises to $3.15, Hero calls $2.52, CO calls $2.52, SB calls $2.52 Flop: ($12.60) 2heart.png 9club.png 5club.png(4 players) SB checks, BB bets $12.03, Hero raises to $23.61 all in, CO folds, SB calls $21.85 all in, BB calls $3.66 all in Turn: ($71.99) Tdiamond.png(3 players - 3 are all in) River: ($71.99) 8diamond.png(3 players - 3 are all in) Final Pot: $71.99 Hero shows Qspade.png Jdiamond.png Qclub.png Jclub.png (a straight, Eight to Queen) SB shows 9diamond.png Kdiamond.png 6club.png Aclub.png (a pair of Nines) BB shows 6spade.png Aheart.png Tclub.png Adiamond.png (a pair of Aces) Hero wins $12.32 Hero wins $57.67 (Rake: $2.00)

Re: PLO Ok true story time... when i first signed up on FullTilt 5 years ago the game i played first was... PLO. I wanted to emulate durrrr so i started out 4 tabling 25 or 50plo all that time ago. It went pretty bad so i switched to NLHE and the rest is history. I still love watching the high-stakes PLO on Stars does anyone else watch those games?

Re: PLO I like the way you played the hand at those stakes when somebody 3 bets from the blinds pre it's usually aces and you have the equity to get it in and of course you couldn't envisage what the sb would do. Playing that style though out of position with a multiple callers is always going to be high variance but who wants to play like a nit?

Re: PLO PLO such a strange game. So much to say so little time. I just found out on a A2345 board KQ wins (i had KQ, it was 3 way and checked all the way down). Also there's some strange **** that confuses my brain when there's 3 of the same card on a board like 777xx or something like that where the winning hand is a ton smaller than it should appear. There's a few things like this which make me very happy with my decision to start off at micro-stakes! Have had a huge swing at 25plo that i'll show tomorrow!

Re: PLO This is my graph so far at 10plo+25plo. Running miles above EV but +EV. That huge spike downwards was the start of yesterday, basically i was just watching too much highstakes and thought people were stacking off with less than the nuts (lol mistake). So i just got my grind on and went back to how i was playing before that and it ground it back and then some! Although i don't know omaha too well being vastly experienced from NLHE is a huge help in knowing when i'm playing terrible and how to play better. Just checked - i played 10hrs yesterday. Nearly got a 10BI stack on a table but only got to 9 in the end. YYGww.jpg

Re: PLO Meh don't like what i've seen of PLO this week. Played 9k hands which is a small sample overall but i don't see any winners even at 25plo. The nits are getting absolutely crushed into oblivion. Most people are playing 40vpip+ and i guess that's creating a lottery i don't know but the game is going to be too swingy to care about really. I'm obviously down 10buy-ins :D

Re: PLO

Played 9k hands which is a small sample overall but i don't see any winners even at 25plo.
Big problem at micro/small stakes you are permanently raked at 5% and its also impossible to take a pot down preflop. If you look at your $100-$200 Nl games and took $10-$15 of every stacking pot your profits would be way down. If it wasn't for the fact that I am the bestest Omaha hi/lo player in the world the rake would bankrupt me. Rake in Hi/lo games is criminal and I really doubt if any one can make a profit at these games long term. Fed up winning half the pot and losing money. Biggest difference to my profitability on-line was years ago when microgaming joined every one else rake wise. Before that there was no rake until pot reached $5 and the no further rake until $10 At $1/$2 fixed limit were most pots ended at or before $4.5 it was massive.

• 3 months later...

Re: PLO What kind of person are you ? Do you tilt easily, will money swings really affect you ? PLO is a very volatile game, and the swings (emotion, mood , cash) are massive. If you are easily affected by these things this game is not for you ...