** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Championship > 24th/25th August

staffy

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 24 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bolton Wanderers v Nottingham Forest (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.09 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 25 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bristol City v Cardiff City (13:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.47 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackburn Rovers v Leicester City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackpool v Ipswich Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brighton & Hove Albion v Barnsley (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Charlton Athletic v Hull City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Huddersfield Town v Burnley (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Peterborough United v Leeds United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield Wednesday v Millwall (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Watford v Birmingham City (17:20 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.88 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August Alarmingly there are quite a few I fancy this weekend so I will keep the summaries short. Prices are already coming in on a lot of these. Bolton v Forest +0.5 @ 1.80 VCbet (3 points) Considering Forset are one of the favourites for promotion wand they've made so many signings, a 0.5 handicap looks generous here. They have made a decent start to the season and they were unlucky not to win away at Huddersfield in the week. Bolton have had a mixed start and will be in for a tough game against a decent Forest side Blackpool v Ipswich @ 2.00 VCbet (4 points) Holloways men have continued this season in the same manner they finished the las and if they keep it up they will be promoted. The Tangerines are a match for anyone at home and evens on them against a team who I expect to struggle this year in Ipswich looks very fair. Brighton v Barnsley @ 1.80 Ladbrokes (6 points) I must admitt that this isn't a great price on Brighton but I strongly fancy them to win this one. They have been solid in defence so far and created chances but they just havent been able to put them away. Vicente and Will Buckley should be returning this weekend though and I think they will have too much for this Barnsley side who have just lost 3-1 away at Wolves. With a long trip down to Hove I don't expect them to come away with any points in this one either. Home win for me. Middlesborough v Crystal Palace @ 1.80 Bet365 ( 5 points) The price is coming in on this and I can understand why. Palace have shipped in 7 goals in their 2 league games and it's looking quite grim for them. It took 3 fantastic goals for Boro to beat Burnley in the week but they got the job done. I strongly fancy them to get the win here against a Palace side who could be in trouble this season. Home win

Wisey you had the same thinking as me.... Especially forest away at bolton.... But I need to think some more as usually when a load of games come up that look as though they're easy to call, the majority end up failing. Just because the championship is so hard to call it often pays to go against even your own thoughts!

I think Wednesday could be worth a stab given the way in which they've started. They certainly have goals in them, and I can't see milwall finishing too high up the table this season. They had a decent result mideek winning 2-1 away to peterborough, but I can't see them pulling off too many wins away. Wednesday seem nicely priced to continue their great start.

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August Brighton-Barnsley 1 1.80 5/10 ladbrokes Brighton has just one point on their account but their match against Cardiff was superb. Both teams had a few very good chances to score with both keepers having to save several good efforts. New signing Kuszczak from Man United did produce some very good saves as hid counterpart, Marshall on the other side who had to make even more saves to prevent Cardiff from a defeat. Birghton should have won this match as they had more and also the better chances in fornt of a record 25,518 crowd at the Amex Stadium. The Seagulls made more pressure in that much, resulting in a 14-5 corners stats in favour of Brighton. Barnsley lost their match 1-3 to Wolverhampton. Barnsley are traditionally poor travellers. To add, they have the poorest squad of all Championship teams and furthermore they have several players out with injuries. To sum up, Brighton has a decent squad with a highly promising performance agianst one of the top contenders for the promotion. If they continue to play this way on saturday against poor Barnsley, I definitely see them winning this one.

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August

I think Wednesday could be worth a stab given the way in which they've started. They certainly have goals in them' date=' and I can't see milwall finishing too high up the table this season. They had a decent result mideek winning 2-1 away to peterborough, but I can't see them pulling off too many wins away. Wednesday seem nicely priced to continue their great start.[/quote'] to follow up on this Jase the way wednesday are setting up with 2 wingers and reda johnson at left back makes me think there will be goals in each game wednesday play. Jermaine johnson is playing in front of reda johnson who is offered little protection but has scored in both league games to date. He can also be reckless and gave away a penalty in midweek. Whilst Jones persists with this attacking formation the opportunity is there to back goals. I would also expect wednesday to concede in most games. Maybe 3-1 to the owls on saturday. The threat to this sort of formation is if we lose and a more defensive set up is employed. It should be exciting until that point. I have not watched wednesday yet but rhys mccabe a 20 yr old from rangers is getting rave reviews and comparisons to tommy craig who came from aberdeen 40 odd years ago. There is talk of Bothroyd, and barkley from everton coming in. That remains to be seen but wednesday could be live outsiders this year.

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August Bristol City v Cardiff Home win @ 3.2 Great 4-1 win for bristol city midweek will have the confidence sky high. Cardiff looked poor last week and very lucky with injury time winner at home to huddersfield and Brighton will be still wondering how they did not put 3 or 4 past cardiff midweek they battered them.

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August Hi all.On Tuesday Doncaster managed to beat their opponents and so do Wolves. That started my betting campaign on English league in a positive way.This accumulator was something like a warming after the vacation so I will put my first researched bet here. Watford were taken by a mighty sponsor and declared their ambitions for the upcoming season.The new owners achieved much with Udinese and I think it will not be impossible to maintain a decent team in the Championship at least.New strong players were brought and the newly appointed manager Zola has proven his abilities in the Premiership.The season started well with an away win to Crystal Palace but it was followed by a home defeat on Tuesday.I don't pay much attention to that 0:1 against Ipswich because it is first midweek game and Tuesday night has always been linked with surprises.Tomorrow is the first Saturday home game for Watford.Experienced Cassetti is expected to set his debut in the back and captain Eustace is back after missing the game with Ipswich. Birmingham have a strong squad and will probably chase promotion but they are not so convincing away from home.As i know they have no major problems with the squad for tomorrow's match.Zigic and King are ready to score but defense is not so hard as they conceded 4 goals in 2 Championship games.Even Barnet managed to score a goal in the first Carling fixture before being smashed by Birmingham's attack.Also I wish to add that Birmingham started slowly the previous season and things seem similar as they have only one point from two games drawing at home with Charlton at the opening. So my prediction for the game is Watford - Birmingham Watford +0 8/10(draw no bet) which is rated 1.95 with Bet365.Wish you all good luck.

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August 4pts Bolton to beat Notts Forest 23/20 Bodog I like the look of Bolton this season and I think they will go well. I particularly expect them to go well at home and already those thoughts have been proved correct with the win over Derby. This will be a tougher test for Wanderers because Forest pose a real goal threat but they also look a little more susceptible at the back for the likes of Eagles and Afobe to cause mischief against. I’m still not convinced by Forest under Sean O’Driscoll and fancy the home side here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bolton-vs-nottingham-forest-betting-bolton-can-secure-back-to-back-home-wins-in-front-of-the-tv-cameras

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August My ratings have Millwall putting in a very good away performance albeit against Peterboro, but they were good for a 2 or 3 goal win on the stats. Sheffield Wednesday will be much tougher obviously, but they don't deserve to be 4.10 Millwall, could be a much tighter match and a potential shock.

The Severnside derby kicks off early and is sold out. Both scots go into their second season in charge of their respective clubs with expectations very different. However, it's derby day and alls fair in love and war. Despite there being 5 goals in brizzle's home opener vs palace, I expect them to tighten up more for this game. Baldock has signed from west ham and should feature somewhere. Cardiff have totalled one goal from 2 games with Huddersfield and Brighton trying to reduce to threat of our promising attacking threat. At the back, we retain the same defence from last year who appear solid and well drilled. Last years derbies produced 3 goals in England and 5 in Wales but, at this stage of the season, teams may not be so willing to chase the game as eagerly as when they're forced to. Betvictor go 2.10 for under 2.25 goals - I'd say there's a bit of value there IMO :hope

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August Boro are too short at 1.80 Bailey is out injured so they look light in midfield and it was struggle in mid week against Burnley and very poor performance at Barnsley last week. Thomson, Carayol also injured from the midfield. Last season they really struggled in these sort of home games drawing with the likes of Millwall, Coventry, Peterboro, Doncaster. Correct odds are 2.0

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August One final one for me... wolves -0.5 v Derby ​@ 1.90 Bet365 (4 points) There has been a drift on Wolves to the point that they are now very appealing for me. It is probably in the relation to the news that Jarvis has left and Henry is out injured. Edwards is an adequate replacement for Henry though and it was only a matter of time untill Jarvis left. Wolves still have plenty of decent championship players though and I expect them to win a lot of home matches this season. Their new manager is trying to get them to play a bit of football and the 3-1 win in midweek will have been a massive relief for them. I think they can push on from this now and challenge for promotion. Derby on The other hand could struggle this season after having lost a few key players in the summer in Shackell, Green and Davies. They've got 1 point on the board so far and I think they will do well to come away with anything from this match. The championship is hard to predict but on paper, this is a team who I expect to finish in the top 6 at home against a team I think will finish bottom 6. On paper that makes the 10/11 available for the home win value in my opinion.

Re: Championship > 24th/25th August 3pts Birmingham to beat Watford 17/10 Ladbrokes Both sides are in a bit of a transition phase under new managers but Birmingham look to have the better players and for me that will count for something in this match. Watford will take a lot longer to gel than Birmingham because their players are coming in from a different country so at 17/10 there looks to be some value in a Birmingham win here given the fact that of the two they are most expected to be in the promotion mix and should be more settled. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/watford-vs-birmingham-betting-birmingham-can-pick-up-their-first-league-win-at-vicarage-road-

Boro v palace both to score - yes @ 2.05 - StanJames Boro usually struggle when priced as favourites at home, and although I would expect palace to struggle this season they look like they can score. It's just defensively they are all over the place, and speroni looks uncomfortable. I think the bookies are expecting a comfortable boro win, but I don't think it'll be plain sailing here.

The Severnside derby kicks off early and is sold out. Both scots go into their second season in charge of their respective clubs with expectations very different. However, it's derby day and alls fair in love and war. Despite there being 5 goals in brizzle's home opener vs palace, I expect them to tighten up more for this game. Baldock has signed from west ham and should feature somewhere. Cardiff have totalled one goal from 2 games with Huddersfield and Brighton trying to reduce to threat of our promising attacking threat. At the back, we retain the same defence from last year who appear solid and well drilled. Last years derbies produced 3 goals in England and 5 in Wales but, at this stage of the season, teams may not be so willing to chase the game as eagerly as when they're forced to. Betvictor go 2.10 for under 2.25 goals - I'd say there's a bit of value there IMO :hope
First wrong tip of the new season :ok Will be interested to see why the qpr signings went straight into the side...

Brighton-Barnsley 1 1.80 5/10 ladbrokes Brighton has just one point on their account but their match against Cardiff was superb. Both teams had a few very good chances to score with both keepers having to save several good efforts. New signing Kuszczak from Man United did produce some very good saves as hid counterpart, Marshall on the other side who had to make even more saves to prevent Cardiff from a defeat. Birghton should have won this match as they had more and also the better chances in fornt of a record 25,518 crowd at the Amex Stadium. The Seagulls made more pressure in that much, resulting in a 14-5 corners stats in favour of Brighton. Barnsley lost their match 1-3 to Wolverhampton. Barnsley are traditionally poor travellers. To add, they have the poorest squad of all Championship teams and furthermore they have several players out with injuries. To sum up, Brighton has a decent squad with a highly promising performance agianst one of the top contenders for the promotion. If they continue to play this way on saturday against poor Barnsley, I definitely see them winning this one.
5:1

Hi all.On Tuesday Doncaster managed to beat their opponents and so do Wolves. That started my betting campaign on English league in a positive way.This accumulator was something like a warming after the vacation so I will put my first researched bet here. Watford were taken by a mighty sponsor and declared their ambitions for the upcoming season.The new owners achieved much with Udinese and I think it will not be impossible to maintain a decent team in the Championship at least.New strong players were brought and the newly appointed manager Zola has proven his abilities in the Premiership.The season started well with an away win to Crystal Palace but it was followed by a home defeat on Tuesday.I don't pay much attention to that 0:1 against Ipswich because it is first midweek game and Tuesday night has always been linked with surprises.Tomorrow is the first Saturday home game for Watford.Experienced Cassetti is expected to set his debut in the back and captain Eustace is back after missing the game with Ipswich. Birmingham have a strong squad and will probably chase promotion but they are not so convincing away from home.As i know they have no major problems with the squad for tomorrow's match.Zigic and King are ready to score but defense is not so hard as they conceded 4 goals in 2 Championship games.Even Barnet managed to score a goal in the first Carling fixture before being smashed by Birmingham's attack.Also I wish to add that Birmingham started slowly the previous season and things seem similar as they have only one point from two games drawing at home with Charlton at the opening. So my prediction for the game is Watford - Birmingham Watford +0 8/10(draw no bet) which is rated 1.95 with Bet365.Wish you all good luck.
Good start.Watford seem to be a very good team.To use the same post I'd like to know where is the thread for Scotland? Thanks and have a nice Sunday.