Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August I have two bets for today´s round Tromso vs Metalurg Doneck - TROMSO Hosts have arteficial grass, so this can be an advatage, weather conditions in both countries are different and Doneck have 0 poinst from three league games with score 1-5 Tromso for 2.4 with sportingbet is IMHO worth a try with medium stakes Ruch Chorzov vs Plzen - Ruch DNB Plzen is actually better team than Ruch, has experiences from Champions league, but for today they must perform without Marek Bakos / three matches ban/, by far the best scorer, and without Cisovsky, regular defender-i think these are significant missings Ruch Chorzov DNB 2.05

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August @fpicks00, very useful first post from you :welcome

If you asked any of their fans to pick a starting xi' date=' they'd pick the one which will start tonight.[/quote'] There is also Anto Flood, by the way Pats have been boosted with the news that the registration of new signing Vinny Faherty (also striker) has been completed.

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August

Europe League Arsenal Kiev - Mura after more than 10years Arsenal Kiev is back in Europe League. But Arsenal will have problems in team for today match,they miss Khomin(df 17/0),Florescu(mf 22/2),Lampi(df 12/1) and striker Quansah. Coach must rotate much in defence because 2 regulars are out. Mura play closed in all matches in Europe League and all matches finish under 2,5 goals ... Mura also will have problem today,they will miss top scorer Fajic who is suspeded. Mura have financial problems but atmphsfere in club is good
According to betinfo.cc Arsenal arent missing players for today and Mura 05 will be without Horvat and Fajic . Grats.

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August I was also thinking about possible bet on Legia ,maybe DNB @ 1.8 bet365. I've watched Ried in their last match against Wolfsberger and to be honnest they were pretty shocking in front of goal. The away side were defending all the time and Ried were attacking and making huge misses . Maybe with the problems that they have with injured players they wont be so tough to be beaten by the Polish side which is very strong imo.

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August I would echo the thoughts of many on our game tonight and would say that the Under 2.5 Goals at Even Money is value. As pointed out already Carroll has not travelled to Belarus, Bellamy and Suarez are at the Olympics and Borini is not expected to start. I think we are going to go for something along these lines. GK - Jones RB - Flanagan/Kelly CB- Carragher CB- Skrtel LB- Jose Enrique CDM- Spearing/Lucas CM- Shelvey/Henderson CM- Adam RW- Sterling/Cole LW - Downing ST - Morgan/Borini

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August I believe Eskisehirspor can hold Marseille. In Turkish league Eskisehir is very hard to beat in their home ground. Imo they have the best supporters outside Istanbul clubs. They have a band and matches in this city are usually fun. They have experienced ex Turkey national team coach Ersun Yenal. Ersun Yenal's teams is known for their first half performance and starting performance of the season. Usually his teams finish first half in top 5. Es-es also had 2 competitive games vs Motherwell. I don't know much about Marseille's current squad or ambitions but i know they are not the team 2 years ago. Probable eskisehir line up : Buffin, Veysel, Servet, Diego, Dede, Erkan, Hürriyet, Malecki, Alper Potuk, Tello ve Kamara. They have experienced defence line with servet diego and dede i think Eskisehir won't lose this match. Good luck. Eskisehir +0,5 AH @ 1.70 Betsson

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August I don't have time for a huge write-up, but I've taken 4 bets tonight. Eskisehirspor v Marseille Eskisehirspor+0.5 @ 1.76 I backed Eskisehirspor at home to St Johnstone in the last leg, and they won comfortably. As I said in my write-up of the last game, they have made some very good signings in the summer and now have a good squad which I expect to challenge towards the top again this season. Marseille were terrible last season, and the future of a few of their best players is up in the air at the moment. The likes of Remy, M'Bia and Azpilcueta may not be there by September 1st, and the likes of Gignac have had no form for what seems like an age. I also don't particularly rate their new coach. As Eskisehirspor have already played 2 qualifiers, and this is Marseille's first game of the season, I expect a hard-fought victory for the home side, but odds of 1.76 with full draw cover are good enough value for me to take instead. HNK Hajduk Split v Inter Milan HNK Hajduk Split+1 @ 1.93 I will confess that this is slightly more speculative. Having seen Hajduk in last season's group stages, they did not particularly impress me. However, they did make their opponents fight for their victories, notably with two 1-0 losses to Stoke. As this game against Inter is probably their biggest in recent history, I can imagine they will be very fired up. Do Inter really want to play in the Europa league? They are in a transitional phase at the moment and will hope to turn a page this season and challenge for the title again. Europa League will be probably not be at the top of their priorities. Again, as it is their first game of the season, as opposed to Hajduk's fifth, I am happy to take on Inter at just under evens, with +1 on the AH. [N] Saint Patricks Athletic FC v Hannover 96 Hannover 96-1.5 @ 1.88 Quite a lot has been said about this game already, so I won't bother adding much. Hannover were great last season and they haven't changed much for this season. St Pats are part-timers and away from their own ground, I expect a fairly straightforward victory for Hannover. Not too high stakes on this one, considering it is Hannover's first competitive game. Dundee United FC v Dinamo Moscow Dundee United FC+0.5 @ 1.95 I've watched a couple of Dinamo's games this season and they have been very poor. I don't remember them having a shot against Zenit on the weekend. Their squad is not the same as last season: several players have fallen out with the coach, and Voronin has been shipped out after an argument. Samedov is also gone and he was a key player for them last season. Dundee Utd will 'get at em' and I can't see Dinamo being 100% up for this. Full draw cover at just udner evens is great value in my opinion. Good luck all.

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August Saint Patricks Athletic FC v Hannover 96 Was slightly tempted to get involved with this but it looks a little to risky to me. If you look at 2 similar mismatches this season in europe Cefn Druids V My PA and then TNS V Helsingborg both were 0-0 then the weaker sides got smashed away from home. Problem is that Hannover dont need to win yet. They can just wait until next week.

Dundee United FC v Dinamo Moscow Dundee United FC+0.5 @ 1.95 I've watched a couple of Dinamo's games this season and they have been very poor. I don't remember them having a shot against Zenit on the weekend. Their squad is not the same as last season: several players have fallen out with the coach, and Voronin has been shipped out after an argument. Samedov is also gone and he was a key player for them last season. Dundee Utd will 'get at em' and I can't see Dinamo being 100% up for this. Full draw cover at just udner evens is great value in my opinion. Good luck all.
I think that Dinamo squad is basically the same, it is even reinforced now. They got Feyenoord star Bakkal. They have top players like Kurani, Dzsudzsak, Misimovic, Kokorin, Semshov, Schildenfeld...Russian league two first game should not be very indicative, because the level there is way above that of Dundee. Having watched how easy Pao got victory vs. Motherwell, I expect something similar tonight.

Saint Patricks Athletic FC v Hannover 96 Was slightly tempted to get involved with this but it looks a little to risky to me. If you look at 2 similar mismatches this season in europe Cefn Druids V My PA and then TNS V Helsingborg both were 0-0 then the weaker sides got smashed away from home. Problem is that Hannover dont need to win yet. They can just wait until next week.
I agree with caution on the Hannover win at that price. However, I think the clean sheet is still a good call, and it still came in in those games you mention. The market on both teams to score is all over the place. 365 have yes @ 2.63, whilst Paddy Power have no @ 1.8. Got to be value on one of those prices and I think it's with Paddys. They let me put £20 on which is strange, perhaps they are confident because it's an Irish club? I put the rest of my stake on with Betfair.

Racing Genk-FK Aktobe Genk line-up: Köteles,Fernandez,Anele,Nadson,Tshimanga,Buffel,Hyland,Gorius,Monrose,Vossen,Benteke Aktobe line up: Gidelnikov,Badlo,Primus,Logivinenko,Kenzhisarev,Smakov,Kapadze,Khayrullin,Kovalchuk,Bikmaev,Bajer Genk injuries/suspensions: Sandomierski,Koulibaly,Joneleit,Simaeys Aktobe injuries/suspensions: ? I will take here the over 2.5 @ 1.71 Genk misses 3 defenders: Joneleit, Simaeys and Koulibaly. So there they are vulnerable. But Vossen and Benteke are quite good, and they are the ideal match together. Genk played in their first game of the season 3-3 against Cercle Brugge (2 goals Benteke, 1 Vossen) Aktobe played in the second qualifying round against Milsami-Ursidos (Away: 4-2, Home 3-0) :hope
Easy win 2-1 At HT :nana

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August Full Time Score - FC Gomel 0 - 1 Liverpool Gomel Dominated for periods of the game and most of the first half threatening largely, Liverpool came out in the 2nd a bit more confident and the goal from Downing (which was a cracker) blew the wind out of the sails of the Belarus side.

Full Time Score - FC Gomel 0 - 1 Liverpool Gomel Dominated for periods of the game and most of the first half threatening largely, Liverpool came out in the 2nd a bit more confident and the goal from Downing (which was a cracker) blew the wind out of the sails of the Belarus side.
Liverpool were a bit lucky from what I saw. Gomel paid for not taking their chances.

St Patricks Athletic -v- Hannover 96 (5/10 units) Hannover 96 -1.5 AH available at around 10/11 with various bookies. St Patricks Athletic arguably play the most attractive football in the League of Ireland and have a full team available for tomorrow's game against Hannover. This will be a very difficult game for them however, considering they are a semi-professional team and will be up against last year's quarter finalists and one of Germany's best teams. The two teams are quite literally leagues apart. That said, St. Pats are midway through their season and have been performing very well under Liam Buckley. They don't concede many, and look to play possession football. Hannover could find it difficult in their first competitive game against a match fit St. Pats team to begin with, but over the course of 90 minutes should get the job done. Now, there is a big disadvantage for St. Pats. Their home ground isn't up to the standards for UEFA for the third qualifying round, and so they have to play at Shamrock Rovers ground instead. Their home advantage is a crucial factor in my opinion. They won all their home games last season and this season in Europe, and have a pretty impressive home record overall when playing at Richmond Park. Also the Germans reportedly have 1,500 - 2,000 travelling fans coming, so it could be 50-50 in terms of support. Hannover should win this game 2-0. I'm even going to put something small on it being the correct score. -1.5 AH is a good price and so I recommend it. Good luck.
St Pats 0 Hannover 3 :ok From what I saw, Hannover pretty much dominated the play and St Pats had a hard time creating chances.

I'm with you on this. Whichever way you look at it this is a massive mismatch, if St Pats were playing at their home ground I would say the line is a bit of a stretch but the fact is they're not. Been playing with this one in my head for a few days but there aren't many reasons not to take it on. Semi professional against professional does make a big difference, we have seen this many times in all these qualifiers so far. For St Pats Dean Kelly (groin) and Stephen O’Flynn, who scored the crucial away goal in Iceland against IBV, has a broken rib and they will both miss the game, Hannover have Felipe, Hiroki Sakai out and Adrian Nikci is a doubt. I'm not going to pretend to know much about Hannover, but the main concern is obviously that they're not match fit yet (which they probably ain't!) but they have been playing a fair few friendlies, including one using the same Umbro balls that will be used tonight. I doubt very much if St Pats would have got this far if they hadn't been playing games on their home pitch, their journey will certainly end against the Germans but what will the score difference be over the two legs? I can't see them 'taking it easy', not really in the German mentality and this is still an important game for them, watched plenty of these qualifiers this season and Fenerbahce last night were the first side I've seen massively underperform to what expectations were. Most won't be surprised to know I'm on the clean sheet bet again, this is an obvious game to play it in, St Pats won't have much of the ball in advanced areas and they are hardly prolific in front of goal anyway. There is obviously always the chance they could nick one but thats why its gambling, at 1.9 I'm willing to take the chance, I would have it nearer 1.6 based on previous experience of these games. Hannover Clean Sheet - 1.87-1.9 - betfair - 12.5 Points WIN Hannover -1AH - 1.45 - bet365 - 10 Points WIN Hannover -1EH - 1.9 - ladbrokes - 5 Points WIN If I remember correctly MaierhofersNeck was pretty good with calling the Irish sides in Europe last year, hopefully the run will continue.
3-0 looks very comfortable on paper, it was far from that :lol..thought St Pats were superb, largely dominated possession in the second half although they struggled to create clear chances. Hannover also created little, they missed a great chance on 60mins which I could have scored but apart from that they seemed to score whenever they got the ball on target. St Pats can certainly hold their heads high, the danger of the clean sheet bet is that you are still panicking like mad when the game is seemingly virtually over at 3-0, all it takes is one chance and you're buggered. Comfortable win in the end but credit must go to the part-timers.

Gomel V Liverpool Under 2.5 Available at evens with Ladbrokes. Price is a little high in my view. A lot of factors point to an unders game. Liverpool lack top quality strikers no Carroll, Suarez, Bellamy and Borini has only just returned from holiday this week as has Gerard. Gerard may not start anyhow. Another major factor in favour of unders is Gomel have an awesome defensive record in the Belarus league they have been under 2.5 in 12 of their last 15 home league games and have only let in 7 goals in 15 games. Also they dont score many either just 19 in 15 games this season. Liverpool last season were very sound defensively and have essentially the same back 4 if they are selected. Reina may start or maybe not. Gomel have their best Defender with the Belarus Olympic side but despite that the weight of the evidence seems strongly in favour of under 2.5.
Excellent call, am gutted I missed this, by the time I saw your post it was best priced 1.8 so I left it. Had a lot on this week, not enough time for my betting! Probably was still value but "never regret not placing a bet" and all that. Well done HastGill and other Hannover backers as well...it was nice to take some money off Paddy Power even though it was only £16!

Ried 2:1 Legia Warsaw Ried were in the middle of the table, but were placed in Europe as they played a cup final last season. They lost Rotpuller (reg df), mf duo Beichler and Lex, Nacho Casanova (reg fw), but brought Reiter (df) and Schicker (mf) from Wiener Neustadt, Gartler (fw) from Rapid and Walch (mf) from Kaiserslautern. Although team seem to be weaker than last season, this is definitely a great football day for a small town with about 10 thousand inhabitants. But it is true that Ried started poorly this season: they're hardly kicked out Belarusian Sahtor in last round (1:1 and 0:0), followed by a defeat against promoted team last weekend (0:2 at home). Regular strikers Gartler and Nacho are very doubtful, as well as Hinum (reg mf). Legia finished last season in third place (with just three points behind champions) and won the Cup. Team hasn't changed much from last season, no significant departures but experienced Suler (df) and Saganowski (fw) have arrived there. They were better than the Latvian Ventspils in the last round (2:2 and 5:1). All important players are ready because Vrdoljak (mf, captain) and Ljuboja (fw, topscorer last season) recovered. It is true Poland Ekstraklasa has not yet started, but Legia will have a great support tonight (their fans are known for hooliganism, will be over 1000 away fans versus 500 police officers there:) ), so I expect a better team to win already in the first leg. Legia @2.60 Stan James min stake
poor call this time... :(

Excellent call' date=' am gutted I missed this, by the time I saw your post it was best priced 1.8 so I left it. Had a lot on this week, not enough time for my betting! Probably was still value but "never regret not placing a bet" and all that. Well done HastGill and other Hannover backers as well...it was nice to take some money off Paddy Power even though it was only £16![/quote'] Cheers..you'll never be able to get another bet on with paddypower now! :lol

Re: Third qualifying round, 1st leg > 2 August Comfortable win in the end for Hannover. As expected, their quality was too good for St. Pats. I am happy with St. Pats efforts tonight. The first goal could easily have not been scored, and it could have been 0-0 at half time. The second goal should never have gone past the keeper. It was always going to be a Hannover win, it was just a question of whether they could score a few and whether Pats wouldn't. Pats could easily have had a goal or two. Fagan missed two good chances, especially near the end. In the end, I'm glad my tip was a good one, and well done to you HastGill1. You were a braver man than me, and you deserve your great profit. :clap

I don't have time for a huge write-up, but I've taken 4 bets tonight. Eskisehirspor v Marseille Eskisehirspor+0.5 @ 1.76 :) I backed Eskisehirspor at home to St Johnstone in the last leg, and they won comfortably. As I said in my write-up of the last game, they have made some very good signings in the summer and now have a good squad which I expect to challenge towards the top again this season. Marseille were terrible last season, and the future of a few of their best players is up in the air at the moment. The likes of Remy, M'Bia and Azpilcueta may not be there by September 1st, and the likes of Gignac have had no form for what seems like an age. I also don't particularly rate their new coach. As Eskisehirspor have already played 2 qualifiers, and this is Marseille's first game of the season, I expect a hard-fought victory for the home side, but odds of 1.76 with full draw cover are good enough value for me to take instead. HNK Hajduk Split v Inter Milan HNK Hajduk Split+1 @ 1.93 :( I will confess that this is slightly more speculative. Having seen Hajduk in last season's group stages, they did not particularly impress me. However, they did make their opponents fight for their victories, notably with two 1-0 losses to Stoke. As this game against Inter is probably their biggest in recent history, I can imagine they will be very fired up. Do Inter really want to play in the Europa league? They are in a transitional phase at the moment and will hope to turn a page this season and challenge for the title again. Europa League will be probably not be at the top of their priorities. Again, as it is their first game of the season, as opposed to Hajduk's fifth, I am happy to take on Inter at just under evens, with +1 on the AH. [N] Saint Patricks Athletic FC v Hannover 96 Hannover 96-1.5 @ 1.88 :) Quite a lot has been said about this game already, so I won't bother adding much. Hannover were great last season and they haven't changed much for this season. St Pats are part-timers and away from their own ground, I expect a fairly straightforward victory for Hannover. Not too high stakes on this one, considering it is Hannover's first competitive game. Dundee United FC v Dinamo Moscow Dundee United FC+0.5 @ 1.95 :) I've watched a couple of Dinamo's games this season and they have been very poor. I don't remember them having a shot against Zenit on the weekend. Their squad is not the same as last season: several players have fallen out with the coach, and Voronin has been shipped out after an argument. Samedov is also gone and he was a key player for them last season. Dundee Utd will 'get at em' and I can't see Dinamo being 100% up for this. Full draw cover at just udner evens is great value in my opinion. Good luck all.
3/4 tonight. Very happy with that, considering how unpredictable this competition can be in the early stages. 1.59 units profit.

I think that Arsenal Kiev are worhty at -1.25 @ 1.62 at bet365 ' date='simply the Ukrainian side are much better than Mura 05.Everybody knows they have huge finnancial problems and only the problems and the lack of class in front of goal by CSKA Sofia last round helped them to qualify ,but i'm sure that the ukranian side will take this seriously and will win this by 2 or more goals.Also they started the campaign in Ukraine with two of the best teams and they lost but in the last match they beated Zarya away comfortable 3;1. So all in one I think Mura05 had too much luck in the past rounds and today everything will came to an end for them.[/quote'] The match was something like 30(11 in door) shots vs 3(1) ..