** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Tuesday 24th July

3:30 Musselburgh - Cadore - 1pt Win (16/1, Bet365/BetVictor) Either going for the win or will bomb out completely but looks to be very well handicapped for a very shrewd stable and be interesting if the money comes for it tonight/tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be ground dependant as gone close on soft in the past as well as good to firm ground. Was rated 73 and finished half length 2nd back in July 2011 at Chester in a 5 runner field. Tried over hurdles since December 2011 and went close in May in a handicap hurdle race off a mark of 106 (8 pound claimer on board) on soft ground. Did have a flat race before that off a mark of 73 and finished 9 lengths off the winner that day, and a flat race since the hurdle race off a mark of 69 where it bombed out completely. It's mark therefore has been dropped from 73 to 63 in 2 races which seems to be a small gift from the handicapper if the horse can translate fairly decent hurdle form to the flat. As I say a complete risky bet but at the early odds I'm willing to take the chance.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July *Soap Wars - Yarmouth 4:20* Booking of William Buick is very interesting here. It is his first time riding the horse. This horse has had a nice break, but has won fresh before, and normally runs well fresh. Was 2nd over course and distance when last seen and runs off the same mark tomorrow. Hugo Palmer is in good nick with 2 winners from his last 5 runners, he is a relatively new trainer, but he has a very impressive record, 93 runners, 13 winners, profit of +£56.77 to level stakes. This is also the first time Buick has ever ridden for them, that may be significant. *1 Point WIN @ 9/2 Ladbrokes BOG*

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 4.00 Musselburgh Crimson Knot is consistent but struggles to win, likely to find one or two too good again and others better treated on present form. Bronze Beau has some form on soft ground although best form comes on fast ground and likely rain gonna make things tougher and still looks plenty high enough in the weights. Quaroma clearly has ability but clearly had plenty of problems having several breaks in her career and although did run well on latest start now has to back that up again after a 40 day break, and untried on soft ground. Liberty Island is another that has been in good form and usually holds his form. Wasnt able to back recent win up over same CD last time out, ground looked to be likely cause although has always struggled off marks in the 70's so likely to struggle for win purposes again. Sandwith needs fast ground and has shaped as if handicapper has him at present. The Nifty Fox could be the safest option despite being unoriginal, hit a rich vein of form recently winning twice before finishing a good 2nd last time out. Further 2lb higher today but still well treated on his very best form. Handles cut in the ground and drop back in trip likely to suit once more with course form to boot. Yard in hot form aswell and hard to oppose in this race! 1pt win The Nifty Fox 11/4 hills

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July AP McCoy returns at Southwell and has a good book of rides. One that has seen money is Im The Decider 2.40 which is 9/2 with PP and a few others. Stepping up again to three miles should bring the best out of this boy after he finished down the field over a shorter trip in his last appearance. This horse seems to know when there is money for it and hits form when it wants to so lets hope that today is one of them days. IM THE DECIDER 9/2 PP 240 SOUTHWELL

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July FFOS LAS 7.05 Lucky Suit - 1pt Win 3/1 (>Bet365) BOG A bit of a project bet in this nursery race. Lucky suit seems the best out of the starting sextet after having a convincing win in a selling race (Class 5) one month ago. Debut under a 63 mark which seems challenging but still reasonable, also considering the 5lb claim of jockey Darren Egan. It will be her first run under Ronald Harris and of course and considering how his stable is performing recently a good run is expected. Senora Lobo scored too lto but a shorter price is a minus and the rest of the field is somewhat not so appealing.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 17.50 Yarmouth: Karister @ EW 25/1 VC Surly not the most confident selection but she might not be without a chance in a very poor race. To say she didn't show much in all her three starts so far would be an understatement, SP's ranging from 66/1 to 100/1 and she ran accordingly. It's her Handicap debut todaythough and a step up in trip which may be the key for some improvement. Her opening mark of 52 could be lenient if she has got a bit of the talent which her sire Montjeu had. Apprentice Ryan Clarke has a 24% strike rate here at Yarmouth and also does well for trainer Tom Keddy so I think there is fair chance that Karister is in the race for winning purposes. Can finish last but can also win this I think, so I'll give it a go for a big price.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 2:30 Musselburgh - Lady Margeaux - Back Has the combination here of having the most experience of any of today's runners, having had 3 career runs thus far, and also having the best actual form on offer. Has run a 3rd and 2 2nds but he looks genuine enough and this is the easiest task he's faced thus far. Looks standout here and seemingly only has the newcomer to beat. Should put his experience to good use and win this 1pt win @ 4/6 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July Yarmouth 4.20 - Picabo 1pts win 4/1 BetFred Put in a much better effort lto when beaten 1 length by Jarrow that was another decent run but the best of late. Coming up to around this time last year he was in good nick too so Im hoping lto effort was a hint that that may happen again.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 645 Bangor: Nataani (2/1 Bet365) Nice little novice chase and three in with a chance. Fav Ixora has won his last two but can hit flat spots in his races and cant afford to do that on this sharp track and fancy Nataani to beat him today. Trainer Jo Davis has her horses in good nick and this one won with loads in hand last time when winning at Worcester. Loves the better ground thats around at the minute and Timmy Murphy gets back on board. Paul Nicholls runs Like Minded which will keep the prices honest enough but he hasn't won since 2009 and cant see him beating both of the fancied runners here.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 2.40 Southwell - 1pt win Sun Tzu @ 12/1 (PP) Taking a leap of faith on a horse I took to my heart last summer when he rolled up a five-timer and a string of poor efforts since have seen him return to his last winning mark. His winning came in June last year so he could be at his best at this time of year and conditions today suit with the track, ground and trip up his street. Got tired last time out - no huge surprise given it was his first run for several months and came on soft ground. He seems happiest on a sounder surface which he gets today and he relishes getting out in front. He should get a decent lead here today with little seemingly wanting to take him on and if he gets in a rhythm from the front he can be tough to catch as he's a good jumper on his day. He can sulk when he doesn't get his own way so that's a concern but this is a small field and I just think it will suit him as long as he jumps out okay and pings the first fence or two. Outsider of the party but that doesn't worry me really and I hope he can bounce back here.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July

2.40 Southwell - 1pt win Sun Tzu @ 12/1 (PP) Taking a leap of faith on a horse I took to my heart last summer when he rolled up a five-timer and a string of poor efforts since have seen him return to his last winning mark. His winning came in June last year so he could be at his best at this time of year and conditions today suit with the track, ground and trip up his street. Got tired last time out - no huge surprise given it was his first run for several months and came on soft ground. He seems happiest on a sounder surface which he gets today and he relishes getting out in front. He should get a decent lead here today with little seemingly wanting to take him on and if he gets in a rhythm from the front he can be tough to catch as he's a good jumper on his day. He can sulk when he doesn't get his own way so that's a concern but this is a small field and I just think it will suit him as long as he jumps out okay and pings the first fence or two. Outsider of the party but that doesn't worry me really and I hope he can bounce back here.
Nice winner mate. :ok

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 5.00 Musselburgh: Mick Slates, 11/4 Paddy Power, 1pt win Mick Slates won lto, beating Serene Oasis by a neck and the pair finished seven lengths ahead of the rest of the field. SO won a higher class race nto. My selection has been put up six pounds for that win but he could have a bit in hand over the handicapper and this race doesn't look much stronger than his last. Trainer Declan Carroll has a decent record at Musselburgh. Neil Farley is on board.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 5:20 Yarmouth - Autocracy Rookie trainer, Daniel Kubler sends this 5yo back to Yarmouth today, where he lost by a length at the start of July and is up against just half of 14 runners this time. Barzalona has the ride and can pass the post in 1st like he did on the gelding in June. 2/1paddypower (bog)

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 2105 ffos las 1pt win scommetttirice on a winning streak at the moment, won last 3,and am hopeful it can make it 4, although all the win were at brighton,it has the same ground and distance conditions and willie twiston davies takes the ride again,small field so should be able to run its own race

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 7.35 - Ffos Las - Red Rhythm EW @ 12/1 Hills Would be annoyed if i didnt give this one another chance and he went and did the business tonight. Ran poorly over 6f at Yarmouth last week, not entirely sure why although the draw didnt look to help. Dropped straight back to 5f, a distance he ran well over at Chepstow in June. First time he has encountered a surface better than soft this season so i'm hoping that brings about an improvement too. Still a maiden and his handicap mark has been consistantly dropping since his handicap debut last season. Interesting James Doyle has a £42 profit to level stakes for the stable from 24 rides. Wearing a visor for the first time and i'm hoping his first win is just around the corner.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 24th July 8:15 Bangor SHADOW DANCER win 9-1 Lads/WH/Coral (BOG) Shadow Dancer gets his ground tonight, having won twice on good-firm conditions (also twice on good). I'm putting a line through the last race as it was an Amateur Riders race at Cheltenham which would've had tougher obstacles not to mention an amateur on board. McCoy rode this horse to win the time before that race (interestingly also after an absence, so can go well fresh) off a mark of 117. Although this is slightly tougher off a mark of 121, McCoy has ridden this horse to success four times and the horse has never fallen over the larger obstacles so getting around Bangor shouldn't be a problem. The jockey booking, the ground and the fact the horse can win following a break could work in this ones favour and 9-1 is a great price considering those pluses.

7.35 - Ffos Las - Red Rhythm EW @ 12/1 Hills Would be annoyed if i didnt give this one another chance and he went and did the business tonight. Ran poorly over 6f at Yarmouth last week, not entirely sure why although the draw didnt look to help. Dropped straight back to 5f, a distance he ran well over at Chepstow in June. First time he has encountered a surface better than soft this season so i'm hoping that brings about an improvement too. Still a maiden and his handicap mark has been consistantly dropping since his handicap debut last season. Interesting James Doyle has a £42 profit to level stakes for the stable from 24 rides. Wearing a visor for the first time and i'm hoping his first win is just around the corner.
Bloody glad i did back it :ok firmer surface made alot of difference i feel.

AP McCoy returns at Southwell and has a good book of rides. One that has seen money is Im The Decider 2.40 which is 9/2 with PP and a few others. Stepping up again to three miles should bring the best out of this boy after he finished down the field over a shorter trip in his last appearance. This horse seems to know when there is money for it and hits form when it wants to so lets hope that today is one of them days. IM THE DECIDER 9/2 PP 240 SOUTHWELL
Please do NOT edit bets! If you want to change your selection then do it in another post please.