Germany v Greece > June 22

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22

Mmm..I'm not so sure' date=' if you have won your previous 3 games in the toughest group in the tournament is it a wise idea to change 75% of the attacking players? I can't see the logic in playing Klose ahead of Gomez, Greece will be defensive and gives even more reason to play someone who is a pure goalscorer - something Gomez is. He doesn't have Klose's all round game but he doesn't need it, he wouldn't be the first choice for Bayern if he was a bad player. I'm heavy into Germany by the way, -1AH, and -1AH-1.5AH, but I'm not overly encouraged about mass changes to a successful starting line-up..[/quote'] He plays klose cause klose combines with Oezil much better. As does Reus and schuerrle have better movement then Podolski and Mueller. Reus can cut inside and score as does Schuerlle. When Podolski shots its most the time obvious and he gets blocked. With this offensive line up they have much more possibilities to play with less room. Germany and espacially oezil had problems to combine with Mueller and Podolski and Gomez when the oppoent sat deep. Podolski needs room to combine and Mueller isnt that of a surprise and form as in 2010. There is no prob in changing them as both are fully fit and hot to play. They know exactly how to play the combination game of germany. I'm heavy in germany too and I think this is good news as germany is now much less predictable while still having the option to bring in Klose, Podolski, Goetze and Mueller in the 2nd half. Also this will be also give the greeks some more to think about. They sure did think gomez podolski and Mueller will play. Any news from greek camp on who plays?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Germany vs Greece So the Portuguese have booked their place in the semi finals, and the winner of this match will go join them. I had a cheeky look at the odds being a layman was was rather surprised at the odds. I knew Germany were gonna be favourites, but chuck in the deviation in fußball you never know whats going to happen. Don't get me wrong. Ive chucked all sorts of Germans on to my fantasy football team, but the odds bet wise seems rather low. I don't enjoy making bets on negative bets or the underdogs as much as the next man, and I'd much rather back the Germans on a handicap and enjoy a evening of attacking football 'supporting' the Germans... The Germans were comfortable in the group stage win you must say. Though they were exposed at times in terms of potentially going out. Spain had their moments too in the group stages, and before Navas scored that goal, it was just a goal separating them from going out. The Danes gave the Germans a good match and though they were on 6 points, there was the small possibility of the Danes eliminating the Germans. The Greeks have been pretty inconsistent. Who would have thought they would make it out of the group? Though it was the easiest of the four, Russia looked on fire on their opening game, and when the Greeks went 2 goals behind in no time against Czechs, they responded to their miserable start. Against the poles, they also fell behind early and were reduced to 10 men with some controversial refereeing. Funnily enough, they should have won that game with 10 men and a goal down against hosts Poland. In their final game, they somehow managed to stir up a win against the Russians. Not even I did I expect that having backed the Russians. I am so modest. Looks like its going to be another negative bet. Die Deutschlanders can have real trouble making their 1/3 superiority show in the long term, and I fancy the Greeks to cook up something to make the Germans spew. Though in tougher games, the dynamics of the group games were different. The Greeks will probably park the bus. Not great for football, but perhaps most effective. Though the Germans finished with 9 points, all 3 games were won by 1 goal margins. 22/6/12 UEC Germany vs Greece Greece +1.5 1.900 188Bet 5/10 OPEN

These changes will bring problems to Loew. Mario Gomez is in great shape. Klose is an excellent player, but Gomez is much better. Reus is a lightweight player, and to be true that he will play in the first team, it will be an easy prey to the Greeks. I still believe to an 0-0 at half time

Mmm..I'm not so sure' date=' if you have won your previous 3 games in the toughest group in the tournament is it a wise idea to change 75% of the attacking players? I can't see the logic in playing Klose ahead of Gomez, Greece will be defensive and gives even more reason to play someone who is a pure goalscorer - something Gomez is. He doesn't have Klose's all round game but he doesn't need it, he wouldn't be the first choice for Bayern if he was a bad player. I'm heavy into Germany by the way, -1AH, and -1AH-1.5AH, but I'm not overly encouraged about mass changes to a successful starting line-up..[/quote'] I don't think I'd be too worried. I don't profess to knowing too much about Reus, but Schurrle seems to score nearly everytime he plays, and I'm sure Klose is raring to go. Maybe Low is worried Gomez won't get the five chances he sometimes needs to get the goal tonight? Germany have won all three games, but I don't think the people dropped, with the exception of Gomez, have done very much, it isn't like they've been on fire. I've got Germany too, and I'm actually excited to see what these boys can do.

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Despite the expectations,that Greece will cause problems,I believe Germany is just a class above Greeks. Greece lost to Czech Republic - quite a mediocre team as we saw yesterday. Furthermore, Greeks had one shot for e whole 90 mins against Russia and were quite lucky to win that one. The draw against Poland with ten men was impressive,but obviously Poland was the weakest team in the competition. On other hand Germany won 3 in a row against really good sides and showed really good football in their first two games. Based on those facts I am taking: Germany HT/FT 1.91 Ladbrokes Germany -1 1.91 Ladbrokes CS: 3-0 @ 9.00 Ladbrokes CS: 4-1 @ 23.00 Ladbrokes Result after 30 min : Germany 2.50 Ladbrokes I expect a huge victory for Germans! Good luck to everyone!

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Interesting discussion in this thread (once everyone calmed down a bit anyway!) :ok I'm not so sure that this current Greek team bears the hallmarks of the 2004 side. For me, they're vulnerable down either flank (but particularly the left) due to their full backs' habit of playing too far up the pitch and leaving space in behind them. Poland took advantage of that in the opening game, then bizarrely became gripped by fear and stopped playing after half an hour or so when goals were there for the taking. The Czechs exploited exactly the same failure next up, suggesting that Santos' team had learned nothing from that torrid opening spell against the Poles. Victory over Russia seemed almost to come from out of nowhere but, having watched the game, not only did Advocaat's team fail to take advantage of good situations, they actually failed to get the ball out wide and isolate the full backs until almost the last minute. Instead, they hammered away through the middle trying to pass through the wall of defensive midfielders that Greece had assembled. I don't see Germany making the same mistake as the Russians did and they certainly have the forward players to stretch the Greek back four. Klose will provide more creativity and, vitally, more movement than Gomez, so he could be the perfect choice for this match. Of course, Low still has the main man on the bench to call upon if the need arises. Given the inevitability of Greece's approach to this game and the fact that somewhere around 75% of it will be played in their half, I like the look of Germany to win to nil @ evens with Ladbrokes. Good luck all. :ok

He plays klose cause klose combines with Oezil much better. As does Reus and schuerrle have better movement then Podolski and Mueller. Reus can cut inside and score as does Schuerlle. When Podolski shots its most the time obvious and he gets blocked. With this offensive line up they have much more possibilities to play with less room. Germany and espacially oezil had problems to combine with Mueller and Podolski and Gomez when the oppoent sat deep. Podolski needs room to combine and Mueller isnt that of a surprise and form as in 2010. There is no prob in changing them as both are fully fit and hot to play. They know exactly how to play the combination game of germany. I'm heavy in germany too and I think this is good news as germany is now much less predictable while still having the option to bring in Klose, Podolski, Goetze and Mueller in the 2nd half. Also this will be also give the greeks some more to think about. They sure did think gomez podolski and Mueller will play.
Your confidence is making me nervous..:lol

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Thought long and hard about this one, I would make the Germans a 1.36 shot so the odds to me are about right. I don't think Germany are 'certs' to win, obviously this doesn't exist in football but there are some 1.36 shots which should be 1.2 or even 1.1 and I don't think this is one of them. I'd rather back Man Utd at home to Fulham or something like that. Greece are a strange side, they lack pace and look very poor at times but seem to have extreme resiliance. Was tempted by 'either team not to score' @ 1.67 (Stan James) as it seems very likely but I am using what Thusprider would call 'mug reasoning' there and a look at past results show that Germany concede a fair bit and Greece score a fair bit, and Germany looked a bit vulnerable from set pieces against Denmark, although you could say Greece haven't played a top side in a while, the last being probably Argentina at the last World Cup in a game they were outclassed. What is sure is that, despite being less defensive than they used to be, Greece will defend from the off, and like someone else has already said I'd imagine they will only start to attack if they are one or even two goals behind with 20 minutes left. It remains to be seen how successful this strategy will be, but it could work. If Germany were playing a similarly weak side but without the potential capacity for digging in I would be all over them at this price, but no bet here for me.

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 I think the game will start off pretty slow with greece making it hard work for the germans every man behind the ball ,Germany will have loads of chances and unlike the russians i think will score ,especially in second half when greece get tired and mistakes happen Most goals second half evens betfred

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 confirmed. Gomez, podolski, muller all start on the bench. Full squad list to follow. Germany (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Reus, Ozil, Schurrle; Klose.

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Greece: Sifakis, Maniatis, Tzavellas, Papadopoulos, Torossidis, Papastathopoulos, Makos, Ninis, Katsouranis, Samaras, Salpingidis SUBS: Chalkias, Tzorvas, Malezas, Fotakis, Fortounis, Fetfatzidis, Liberopoulos, Mitroglou, Gekas. void.gif Germany: Neuer, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm, Boateng, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Özil, Schürrle, Reus, Klose SUBS: Wiese, Zieler, Schmelzer, Höwedes, Mertesacker, Gündoğan, Müller, Bender, Kroos, Götze, Podolski, Gomez.

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Both teams to score @ 2.50 bet365 I definitely think Germany will win this but im not really one for 1/3 shots. I fully expect Germany to score with their attacking options so the time of their first goal will have a massive bearing on this bet. If they get one earlyish, Greece will need to come out of their shell a bit. The Germans are masters at seeing out results but they did concede in 2 of their 3 group games. What Greece lack in quality, they make up for in spirit and they will create some chances in this match. At 6/4 I think theres a bit of value on btts here. The Germans could do a proper job and win to nil but the Greeks will get opportunities at some point. The price on them converting one of those chances is too big at this price and as such that is where my money is going tonight.

Hi new here. If I bet on Germany with -1.5 handicap does that mean they have to win by 2 clear goals for the bet to win?
Yup, you simply add +1.5 goal to Greece. For example Germany won 2-0 so with hc you have score 2-1.5 so bet won! :)

Would like to see the screenshoot mate ? At the end of the day I don't give a smallest **it if you believe me or not. Every time I play I always play with bigger sums and thats how I like it.
Nobody suffers after-timer's here! Go talk crap elsewhere.

Would like to see the screenshoot mate ? At the end of the day I don't give a smallest **it if you believe me or not. Every time I play I always play with bigger sums and thats how I like it.
Mate, as has been said. After eventing is frowned upon on the forum :ok Please post your bets WITH reasoning BEFORE the even, and preferably without using real sums ;)
Lol
What are you lol'ing about?

I think the game will start off pretty slow with greece making it hard work for the germans every man behind the ball ,Germany will have loads of chances and unlike the russians i think will score ,especially in second half when greece get tired and mistakes happen Most goals second half evens betfred
bet won :nana well dont to all other winners

Greece are lucky to be here after Russia's poor performance in the last group game. With Karagounis missing they are considerably weakened, he's there leader on the pitch and is a big influence on the team. Germany have yet to kick into top form in the tournament but qualified with ease and were still impressive in doing so. Greece will look to keep the game tight and soak up the pressure that Germany will put them under. It will be like the Portugal Germany game in the group stages with Germany dominating and Greece not offering much of a threat going forward. Germany 1.36 WilliamHill Germany To Win To Nil 2.0 Ladbrokes Germany -1AH 1.48 Bet365 Germany 2-0 at 6.00 Ladbrokes
Minimal profit out of this

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Jase82, just a quick question. On another forum that I currently use, it has an after timers thread so if anyone claims to an after timing bet, that proof has to be shown in it or a ban is ensued. Has this ever been considered on punterslounge??

4 points BTTS @ 2.37 Skybet I think this price is too big and I will have a play on BTTS. Most other bookies have this priced around 2.20 so for me Skybet are a fair way out on this one. Of the six games these teams have played in the tournament so far this would have come in 4 out of 6. Both teams have scored in every game with both keeping only one clean sheet. I expect Germany to win this match but I think Greece can at least cause them some problems and get on the scoresheet in the process. Greece showed when down to ten men against Poland they have a decent team spirit coming back to get the draw. They also overcame a better technical side in Russia to progress and I think they will go into this game without any fear. The Germans quality isn't in doubt and I really can't see the Germans failing to score here, so I think we are getting a great price on Greece just getting the one goal.
Happy with that. Stroll in the park for the Germans tbh

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 The Germans were dominant as you would expect. They had great chances to score and it was a excellent shot by Lahm to break the deadlock. Though they were dodgy as I expected, and nearly made the Germans 'spew' after they scored through Samaras. Though the Germans scored a quick fire set of goals... with a late penalty consolation merely to tease me. Thoroughly deserved win for the Germans, though enough to cover the 1.5 handicap enough times is more debatable, especially with the dynamics of the game. Midseason 2012 record +8.15 units Total stake 88 units 22/6/12 UEC Germany vs Greece Greece +1.5 1.900 188Bet 5/10 FT 4 - 2 -5 units

Jase82, just a quick question. On another forum that I currently use, it has an after timers thread so if anyone claims to an after timing bet, that proof has to be shown in it or a ban is ensued. Has this ever been considered on punterslounge??
What does it matter? I just say well done and get on with it.If he is making it up all people do by making a fuss of it is encourage them as they seem to enjoy it. I have met lots of fantasists before. As long as it not offensive dosent bother me.

Germany 1.36 WilliamHill Germany To Win To Nil 2.0 Ladbrokes Germany -1AH 1.48 Bet365 Germany 2-0 at 6.00 Ladbrokes
Minimal profit out of this
Depends on the staking I think. If you'd put level stakes of 10 points on each it would work out like this: Germany 1.36 - WON - Returns 13.6 Germany to win to Nil - LOST Germany -1AH - WON - Returns 14.8 Germany 2-0 - LOST Total stake: 40 points Total return: 28.4 points Loss = 11.6 points Not having a go at you Cider - your picks are often excellent with good reasoning. But just in the interests of accuracy. You could argue that 4 bets are too many to have on an event - is it better to stick with just one or two. It also shows the importance of staking. If you had had, say, 10 points on the straight Germany win, and 1 point on everything else, you would have come out with a profit. Did you have any bets in real life?

Depends on the staking I think. If you'd put level stakes of 10 points on each it would work out like this: Germany 1.36 - WON - Returns 13.6 Germany to win to Nil - LOST Germany -1AH - WON - Returns 14.8 Germany 2-0 - LOST Total stake: 40 points Total return: 28.4 points Loss = 11.6 points Not having a go at you Cider - your picks are often excellent with good reasoning. But just in the interests of accuracy. You could argue that 4 bets are too many to have on an event - is it better to stick with just one or two. It also shows the importance of staking. If you had had, say, 10 points on the straight Germany win, and 1 point on everything else, you would have come out with a profit. Did you have any bets in real life?
I had ten units on Germany outright and the asian handicap. 5 units on them to win to nil and 3 units on 2-0 correct score. Maybe I should of made this clear in my previous post. Yeah possibly 4 was too many, daft to bet on the correct score really. Staking is something I'm not particularly good at

Re: Germany v Greece > June 22 Great game from germans. The attackers are all equaly good. I think Germany did give through this game much thought for next opponents. It was tactical world class decision by Loew. No one knows know who he will face in the next games and Loew can bring any player in offense and he will have impact.

Your confidence is making me nervous..:lol
;) Remember for the next 4-6 years that german offensive line is interchangable. And goetze didnt even participate yet.