1.01 on betfair system already in trouble!

Hi Guys, I have an idea for laying the 1.01s on Betfair. I basically pick a horse I think will get beat even though it will look like it's gonna win and lay it on Betfair at 1.01 You only lose £1 if it wins but win £100 should it lose after being 1.01 I tried this today with scent of roses and it got beat by a nose. It went to 1.01 and I thought Bingo, I'm rich, but my bet didn't get matched, even though I had ticked the "keep bet in running" box. There was 800 matched so I don't understand why mine didn't get any of that. Any ideas what went wrong for me?

Re: 1.01 on betfair system already in trouble!

Hi Guys, I have an idea for laying the 1.01s on Betfair. I basically pick a horse I think will get beat even though it will look like it's gonna win and lay it on Betfair at 1.01 You only lose £1 if it wins but win £100 should it lose after being 1.01 I tried this today with scent of roses and it got beat by a nose. It went to 1.01 and I thought Bingo, I'm rich, but my bet didn't get matched, even though I had ticked the "keep bet in running" box. There was 800 matched so I don't understand why mine didn't get any of that. Any ideas what went wrong for me?
You must not have been in the first £800 waiting to get matched at 1.01... I would think alot of people take out insurance at that price tbh... Bad Luck

Re: 1.01 on betfair system already in trouble! I know of a few punters who take out insurance at 1.01. If you look at a graph of your backing results it can smooth it out a lot if you adopt an insurance strategy. Also I think people with subscription betting bots get first dibs on available prices. They use the bot the place the bets and pay the subscription because they know they stand a better chance of getting matched.

• 2 weeks later...

How does a betting bot know what time Betfair will put up the next days races? And, what does 800 traded mean? 800 as in 8 euros at lay 1.01 meaning 8 euros at 100/1, so that only 8 euros was actually liability? Confused.
800 traded means 400 has been matched from either side, the backer and the layer

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: 1.01 on betfair system already in trouble! Just an update to this. It seems that as soon as a race is put up by Betfair, 24 hours previous sometimes, a queue forms at the 1.01 end. Usually for about £3,000. When a horse gets beat at 1.01, the early birds clean up. Most beaten 1.01s get matched for between £500 and £2000, so anyone after the early birds won't get matched. So anyone foolish enough (like me) to think they can make money at this, will lose long term because they can't get matched. But they will get matched for all the times when a horse wins at 1.01, which is most races. The trick is how to get in early, but I think betfair have that wrapped up, it must be them, who else can get in that early?

Out of interest if you matched at 1.02 wouldn't that jump the queue. The fav at Taunton today gotdone at 1.01
Yes, that does work, nearly everytime. But your stake increases to £2 to win the same £100, and there isn't enough 1.02's/1.01s (that get matched) to make profit In fact out of the last 5833 races only 35 were beat at 1.02 meaning a stake of £11,666 (£2 liability per race) and winnings of £1,715, good job I wasn't following that system!

Yes, that does work, nearly everytime. But your stake increases to £2 to win the same £100, and there isn't enough 1.02's/1.01s (that get matched) to make profit In fact out of the last 5833 races only 35 were beat at 1.02 meaning a stake of £11,666 (£2 liability per race) and winnings of £1,715, good job I wasn't following that system!
Don't know were you got these figures but surely that means that at 1.01 if you had got on all of them, you would have reduced your liability in half but still made a loss as your winnings would stay the same? Or reduced depending on how many of the losers traded at only 1.02. Or are these stats missing out the ones that lost at 1.01 that must have traded at 1.02?