** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Kroni's Betting Diary

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 5:35 Ascot 10pts e-w Docofthebay @ 20/1 Bet365 Goes well in these big handicaps, c&d winner usually goes well at the track and handles the soft ground. I think the soft ground now should just favour the lower draws so in 13 he should settle in the far side group if they split in two. 5pts e-w Bronze Prince @ 25/1 Bet365 Has course form, handles soft ground, has a lowish draw and has an e-w chance 5pts e-w Mia's Boy @ 25/1 Bet365 Gone well here in the past, better effort lto after a couple of poor efforts and has handled soft ground previously. Should go well from stall 3.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 8:05 Newmarket 10pts e-w Al Khan @ 16/1 PP Unexposed after just the 4 starts, not disgraced in 2 decent races as a 2 year old, poor return but can be forgiven that and should be better for the run and William Buick rides who should be fullof comfidence after his treble at Ascot today.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary terrible yesterday, not much luck at Ascot so far so i'm also going to have a looks at some other meetings today, looks like plenty of rain at Ayr so my selections will be based on the ground being atleast good to soft. 1:55 Ayr 10pts win Bosun Breese @ 9/2 Bet365 10pts win Hazelrigg @ 5/1 Bet365 Bosun Breese has improved plenty this year and could do so again today. Its hard to know how good he is as he keeps winning from the front and could do it again here, but with other front runners in this field it might not be so easy this time and that could set it up for Hazelrigg who ran well lto when 2nd and likes to come from off the pace. I'm expecting the ground to be atleast good to soft by race time which won't be a problem for the selections.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 2:55 Ayr 10pts e-w Stellar Express @ 10/1 Bet365 In great form winning last two starts, has another 5lb to carry for last win where form looks genuine with the 2nd winning nto, likes a soft surface, yard is in decent form and could be more to come.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:05 Ascot 10pts e-w Red Cadeaux @ 9/1 Bet365 Always gives his running and is not out of this, may need some to underperform to get the win but that could happen imo, ground suits better than lto as he did get a little outpaced at one point so i think the slower surface could help him and hinder some others

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:45 Ascot - Betting without the favourite 10pts e-w Sirius Prospect @ 20/1 Bet365 Looked a good prospect last year when racking up a 4 timer, hasn't gone on from that in 3 starts this term but is worth another chance imo, ground will be in his favour, is a C&D winner and if bouncing back with first time headgear has a good chance.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:25 Ascot 10pts e-w Lightning Cloud @ 9/1 Bet365 Ran good 5th here over 7 furlong lto when didn't have the best of track positions, is drawn low here so will race on the far side where i think could be an advantage, drop back to 6 furlongs is no problem and likes the ground. 10pts e-w Maarek @ 12/1 Bet365 Keeps on improving and no reason why he can't again here, goes well in these big fields and will like the ground and should be thereabouts from low draw. 10pts e-w Morache Music @ 20/1 Bet365 Another improving sort has a decent draw imo handles the ground and has won over C&D, ran well in non handicaps last twice and should be more to come.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 5:35 Ascot 10pts e-w Swingkeel @ 16/1 PP Won this last year, only 4lb higher today, not good on comeback but i think this would've been his target and should be ready today with conditions to suit.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 9:20 Haydock 80pts Lay - Mighty Clarets @ BSP Been running in selling company and could struggle back in a handicap here off this mark there looks to be a couple of others with much better chances here so looks a good thing to be against.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary Terrible couple of days, had afew that ran well today and couldn't believe i was about 10pts profit on the day when toting it up, yesterday was a complete disaster on the backing side and just the lay bet coming in. Still think i had too many bets and maybe trying to make things happen after a bad day. Going changes don't seem to have gone in my favour the rain never came at Ayr and it dried out at Ascot which was not what i had based my selections on. 10pts e-w Qaraaba @ 9/1 - Lost -20 20pts Win - Samitar @ 9/2 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Perennial @ 9/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Docofthebay @ 20/1 - Lost -20 5pts e-w Bronze Prince @ 25/1 - Lost -20 5pts e-w Mia's Boy @ 25/1 - Lost -20 1pt e-w Lucky 15 - Lost -30 Samitar @ 5/1 Perennial @ 9/1 Qaraaba @ 8/1 Docofthebay @ 20/1 30pts Lay Al Furat @ BSP 3.04 - Won +13.97 10pts e-w Al Khan @ 16/1 - Lost -20 10pts win Bosun Breese @ 9/2 - Won @ 11/2 +55 10pts win Hazelrigg @ 5/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Stellar Express @ 10/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Red Cadeaux @ 9/1 - Placed +10 10pts e-w Sirius Prospect @ 20/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Lightning Cloud @ 9/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Maarek @ 12/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Morache Music @ 20/1 - Placed +40 1pts e-w Lucky 15 - Lost -30 Stellar Express Lightning Cloud Sirius Prospect W/O fav Anatolian 80pts Lay - Red Roar @ BSP 8.06 Won +10.78 80pts Lay - Mighty Clarets @ BSP 6.02 Won +15.16 Bets - 20 Profitable - 6 Staked - 510 Returned - 384.91 Profit/Loss -125.09 Overall Bets - 51 Profitable 17 Staked - 1176pts Returned - 1098.87pts Profit/Loss -77.13

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:10 Pontefract 10pts e-w Calaf @ 11/1 Bet365 Won nicely at Doncaster afew starts back which looks decent form, had 3 starts since all at Chester wasn't disgraced in those runs but had some excuses and hopefully he can bounce back for this change of track

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary Calaf finished where all good e-w punts come in, 4th 9:20 Thirsk 10pts e-w Majestic Breeze @ 16/1 Hills Very competetive 20 runner handicap and i think its worth taking a chance on the filly Majestic Breeze. She has been running well in defeat over 5 furlongs and i think this step up to 6 furlong will suit as it does look like she lacks a little speed and things are happening too quickly for her. Trainer Brian Ellison is in good form and it is his only runner today which is interesting.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:00 Newcastle 10pts e-w Suits Me @ 17/2 Betvictor I think this drop in trip may suit the selection today if on a going day. Drawn in stall 1 which is ideal for his front running tactics and if he can get an easy lead which is poosible as there are plenty of hold up types in the race, could be hard to peg back in the testing ground which he has gone well on before.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:40 Warwick 10pts e-w Intense Pink @ 9/1 PP This much easier than group 1 at Ascot 6 days ago. You would think she must of come out of that race fine to be racing again here, handles cut in the ground, won her maiden impressively 3 starts back, 7 furlongs should suit and should be more to come.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:30 Newcastle 80pts Lay - Watts Up Son @ BSP Never won off markin the 70s, 76 today looks tough, had his own way in front when winning lto and may struggle to do that here with the heavy ground.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 6:50 Hamilton 50pts Lay - Asterales @ BSP All out to win narrowly last time and has 6lb penalty to carry here, finished last on only start on heavy going so the soft ground today may be against him, Amateur riders race can sometimes be abit unpredictable and there are some more experienced jockeys on other runners.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:35 Doncaster 10pts e-w Nameitwhatyoulike @ 15/2 Betvictor A bit below par last 2 starts but this step back up to 1 mile in his favour and hopefully can bounce back for return to Doncaster where he won off 5lb lower in April. That form looks pretty good and if running to that level should have a decent chance here.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:10 Doncaster 10pts e-w Activate @ 10/1 Bet365 Best effort for some time lto and hopefully can build on that here, is on a good mark if he can reproduce something like his best, trainers horses are running well.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 7:35 Newmarket 10pts e-w Bathwick Street @ 11/1 Bet365 Improving last few runs and i liked the way he won lto and i think there should be more improvement to come today. Plenty of unexposed type in this race but at the prices Bathweick Street looks worth chancing.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary I can't beleive how bad this thread is going, so many selections just not even at the races would of thought i'd have atleast got afew more places so i'm going to try a different approach to things tomorrow. 15:35 Newmarket 20pts win Libranno @ 9/2 Ladbrokes 10pts win Firebeam @ 7/2 Hills 5pts win Majestic Myles @ 6/1 Bet365 I can't see Hoof It winning here today, he's been well beaten all 3 starts over this trip, was not at his best last month and the yard is out of form. I like Libranno here, he won this race last year and was back to form lto and should have every chance again. The main dangers look to be Firebeam who could still be open to improvement, is running well and comes from an inform yard and Majestic Myles who ran a decent 2nd lto in a group 3 and if reproducing that run would have a good chance if things pan out.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:00 Newmarket 20pts win Dandino @ 4/6 Bet365 With all kinds of doubts about the opposition Dandino looks the one to side with here, form of his latest 2nd should be good enough to win this unless his rivals can bounce back or find abit more.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 2:15 Newcastle 10pts e-w Mayson @ 13/2 Betvictor Easy enough to put a line through latest run, before that was progressing nicely in some decent races which would put him in the mix here, ran a decent 2nd last year on soft ground so i'm hoping the heavy ground today won't be a problem.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 2:45 Newcastle 10pts e-w Valery Borzov @ 14/1 Betvictor Going to take a chance on Valery Borzov here who will like the ground today, recent efforts are not too encouraging but he is on a good mark on old form and only 2lb higher than his last win and Lee Topliss is back on board today who has partnered him for his last two wins and usually thereabouts under this jockey.