** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Kroni's Betting Diary

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:20 Newcastle 10pts e-w Gulf Of Naples @ 17/2 Betvictor Stays well, handles soft ground and is still improving. If things work out i think he should get an easy lead at a slowish pace and could kick on in the final few furlongs and should be hard to pass.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:55 Newcastle 10pts e-w Al Muheer @ 28/1 Betvictor I thought this horse had a chance here 2 days ago but ended up running no sort of race at all and was well beaten, clearly something not right with him that day, interesting he takes his chance again today seems to handle cut in the ground and is worth chancing at the price with yard in good form.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:40 Newmarket 10pts e-w Qushchi @ 25/1 Bet365 This return to faster ground should suit after two poor efforts on softer ground this year. Just 4lb higher than for his win here last year gives him a chance and i wouldn't think this drop in trip is a problem

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:35 Windsor 10pts e-w Lui Rei @ 11/1 Hills Running well until not so good at Ascot lto, i liked the way he won at Epsom 2 starts back and if reproducing something like that here would have every chance with jockey claiming 7lbs.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary Absoulutely shocking few days never had such a bad period, it must be the posting on here is cursed. 10pts e-w Calaf @ 11/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Majestic Breeze @ 16/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Suits Me @ 17/2 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Intense Pink @ 9/1 - Lost -20 *80pts Lay - Watts Up Son @ BSP - NON-RUNNER 50pts Lay - Asterales @ BSP 3.13 - Won +22.33 10pts e-w Nameitwhatyoulike @ 15/2 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Activate @ 10/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Bathwick Street @ 11/1 - Placed +12 1pt e-w Patent @ Bet365 - Lost -10.80 Nameitwhatyoulike @ 8/1 Activate @ 10/1 Bathwick Street @ 11/1 20pts win Libranno @ 9/2 - Won +72 after rule 4 20% *10pts win Firebeam @ 7/2 - NON-RUNNER 5pts win Majestic Myles @ 6/1 - Lost -5 20pts win Dandino @ 4/6 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Mayson @ 13/2 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Valery Borzov @ 14/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Gulf Of Naples @ 17/2 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Al Muheer @ 28/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Qushchi @ 25/1 - Lost -20 10pts e-w Lui Rei @ 11/1 - Lost -20 Bets - 18 Profitable - 3 Staked - 369 Returned - 199.53 Profit/Loss -169.47 Overall Bets - 69 Profitable 20 Staked - 1545pts Returned - 1298.4pts Profit/Loss -246.6

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 6:40 Doncaster 10pts e-w Tabaret @ 20/1 Sportingbet Good 2nd last time to an improver who won again nto, 3rd was 1 1/2 length back, the 5th has also won since. Extra furlong today no worries as he is a C&D winner and 20/1 looks overpriced

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:30 Uttoxeter 10pts e-w Pilgrims Lane @ 25/1 Sportingbet 10pts e-w Ouzbeck @ 12/1 Bet365 Very competetive race with lots of inform horses here, Pilgrims Lane was back to form lto and if running to that form again can get involved here, he is a distance winner, will go on the ground and usually goes well at this time of year. Ouzbeck is a frustrating sort, he has plenty of ability to win a race like this, often gets outpaced at the start and then stays on when the race is over, i'm sure it will all go to plan soon hopefully that will be today with conditions to suit.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:05 Uttoxeter 20pts win Ultravox @ 16/1 Betvictor Been out of form for some time and as a result has come right down in the weights, won off 12lb higher last year, has won at the track, ground fine and could bounce back with tongue tie on today. Yard had a 1st and a 2nd in last 14 days from 2 runners.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 2:45 Windsor 10pts e-w Silver Sycamore @ 25/1 Bet365 Not disgraced last time in better company than this was hampered towards the end aswell so would've of been abit closer but for that. Has switched too a new trainer since and if that has not done any harm should go close here at a good price.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:35 Uttoxeter 20pts win Weybridge Light @ 5/2 Bet365 Won on return lto and could be more to come. That was first run for this trainer and won nicely in the end, McCoy is back on board should be hard to beat

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 5:30 Pontefract 20pts win Minalisa @ 1/2 Betvictor Can't see past this horse in this race, the ground has gone softer at the track than forcast this morning which will suit and if he can reproduce the form of his win last time that should be good enough.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary well this is laughable now, can't even pick a 2/5 shot winner. Everytime i watch the race i just know for some reason my selection is not going win. The only decent run recently was from Ultravox and for some strange reason i went for the straight win instead of my usual e-w and it ended up in 2nd that says it all, its not as if i've been unlucky, just real bad selections which i can't understand as i usually get plenty places with the odd winner, so frustrated now i might have to take a break.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 6:40 Windsor 10pts e-w Sand And Deliver @ 14/1 Bet365 Long odds on fav here will be hard to beat and is some e-w value in Sand And Deliver imo. She has raced twice in maidens which look abit stronger than what her rivals here have raced in and shown some ability to give here a chance here of atleast placing.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary came in last, what a suprise. not sure what was up with the prices there was 14 bar the fav then suddenly they all shortened right in, unlesss it was the RP playing up

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 7:10 Stratford 20pts win Peachey Moment @ 5/1 Betvictor 5pts win Spock @ 3/1 Betvictor Improved nicely last year when landing a hatrick, won impressively on return this year, up 10lbs for that but could be more to come. Spock also won lto, is up 9lbs and looks the main danger so is worth a saver. Its abit of an unknown if these two will handle the ground if it goes soft but no reason why they shouldn't on their pedigree.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 2:15 Brighton 40pts Place Lay Scommettitrice @ BSP All out to win lto and will find it alot tougher here with 6lb penalty. The extra furlong and softening ground may not be in his favour and is exposed should struggle to get involved here.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary i thought to myself i bet Scommettritrice somehow wins but didn't actually think it could happen. just can't get my head around this at the moment, its driving me crazy.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 4:30 Hamilton 40pts win Solar View @ 7/4 PP Inform trainer send just this 1 horse to Hamilton today where he does well, the selection was very disappointing lto when favourite and must be capable of better step up in trip and ground should suit.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary

i thought to myself i bet Scommettritrice somehow wins but didn't actually think it could happen. just can't get my head around this at the moment' date=' its driving me crazy.[/quote'] Not nice to watch Kroni - have a break mate... I'm trying to find the bloody thing but 2 of Mark Coton's 'hints' in his book are, 'watch your mood' and 'beware the self-fulfilling prophecy'... Like me, you thought that posting your selections on here would result in disaster - and so it is proving. Are you sure you're not putting yourself under too much pressure posting on here - as you say, your selections are normally much better... Are you having more or less bets than normal since posting in your thread? Just a thought. I almost sacked posting on BBOTD last month after 3 consecutive days of posting the wrong one from my 2 bets on those particular days!! If you are going to take a break - then do it properly. I wouldn't normally advocate it but you seem to be in a whole world of turmoil.... Don't be looking at racecards unless you are going to consider a bet in the normal fashion - if you select one and don't back it then we both know what will happen! Hope you turn it round m8, be it publically or privately. As we have discussed, I have considered starting my own thread on a few occassions but won't do it. I'm fragile enough when it comes to the mind-set of this business already... Good Luck :ok

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary

4:30 Hamilton 40pts win Solar View @ 7/4 PP Inform trainer send just this 1 horse to Hamilton today where he does well, the selection was very disappointing lto when favourite and must be capable of better step up in trip and ground should suit.
Fux sake - doesn't help when Jim McGrath can't give an accurate commentary either.... :(

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary Thanks for your advice, ive been thinking of taking a break not sure if it will help or not but its probably wise before i smash my laptop up. I think i may have started makin more selections as things started going wrong, i usually keep to the better class races for my backing in which you don't normally get many during the week but there have been more recently. Still have a couple in mind today so ill carry on with them. 5:45 Brighton 10pts e-w Cape Royal @ 14/1 Bet365 Close 3rd here lto winner won again nto, same mark and wont have any problem with the ground and Cathy Gannon takes the ride again.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 8:50 Kempton 10pts e-w Ballyhegue @ 16/1 Bet365 C&D winner two starts back in first time blinkers first 2 well clear of 3rd, not good last time on turf but hopefully the return here can see him bounce back. Still open to improvement.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 8:20 Kempton 20pts win Amoralist @ 5/1 Bet365 Won a maiden nicely at wolverhampton as 2yo and ran well enough lto on turf, return to this surface may suit and with trainer inform, William Buick on board could be hard to beat.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 8:10 Stratford 20pts win Paddy the hare @ 9/2 Bet365 Ability over hurdles and should be more to come now switched to fences. Trainer in good form and sends just the 1 runner here today. Conditions should suit and has every chance if jumping well.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary no good again couple ran well and couple finished last. really liked Amoralist but was always last, Ballyhague went off way too quick and had no chance in the end. Cape Royal might of won if it went on the part of the track where the winner raced, Paddy the hare found the 1 too good but was well beaten

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 2:10 Worcester 100pts Lay Bobby Bullock @ BSP Plenty to prove after 3 poor runs after a long absence, won on good to soft but has been poor on worse and others look more convincing.

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 2:40 Worcester 100pts Lay Everdon Brook @ BSP Has 8lb rise for win lto, much different conditions today with drop in trip and testing ground will find it much tougher

Re: Kroni's Betting Diary 3:10 Worcester 100pts Lay Jubilee Night @ BSP Plenty of unknowns in this race and this favourite is far too short in race of this nature on debut and has to be opposed.