** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb Argentina Squad Goalkeeper Leonardo Franco (Atletico Madrid) Defenders Gabriel Milito (Real Zaragoza) Gonzalo Rodriguez (Villarreal) Diego Placente (Bayer Leverkusen) Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan) Fabricio Coloccini (AC Milan) Leandro Cufre (AS Roma) Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United) Midfielders Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal) Lucas Bernardi (Monaco) Pablo Aimar (Valencia) Aldo Duscher, Lionel Scaloni (both Deportivo Coruna) Maximiliano Rodriguez (Espanyol) Leonardo Ponzio (Real Zaragoza) Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso (both Inter Milan) Forwards Luciano Galletti (Real Zaragoza) Javier Saviola (Monaco) Hernan Crespo (AC Milan) German Squad Goalkeepers Oliver Kahn (Bayern Munich) Jens Lehmann (Arsenal) Defenders Frank Fahrenhorst, Christian Schulz (both Werder Bremen) Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin) Andreas Hinkel (Stuttgart) Per Mertesacker (Hannover) Patrick Owomoyela (Arminia Bielefeld) Christian Worns (Borussia Dortmund) Forwards Michael Ballack, Torsten Frings, Bastian Schweinsteiger (all Bayern Munich) Fabian Ernst (Werder Bremen) Paul Freier, Bernd Schneider (both Bayer Leverkusen) Thomas Hitzlsperger (Aston Villa) Gerald Asamoah (Schalke) Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen) Kevin Kuranyi (Stuttgart) Lukas Podolski (Cologne) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Likely German line-up: --------------------- Lehmann -------------------- Owomoyela/Hinkel ----- Mertesacker ----- Wörns ( C) ---- Schulz Schneider ----- Frings ----- Ernst ----- Schweinsteiger --------------- Kuranyi ---- Klose/Asamoah Thats all I can find for that one - hope it helps a little. Most important news Germany wise is that Ballack and Kahn wont start(allegedly.) Had a nibble on South Africa @ 13/10.

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb I fancy England and Wales to both win. I normally side with kiko1983 opinion on England matches but for some reason I think they'll win tonight. Holland are no great shakes and are missing Van the Man and Robben and there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of international class about the rest of the team, Maakoy apart and even he hasn't blossomed at this level. Wales have Toshack at the helm now and he is a manager I'd respect so agaisnt a poor team they should start his second reign with a positive result hopfully a win.

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb Although England have defenseive problems, the Dutch team is very weak. They are missing Davids, Nistelrooy, Robben, Schneijder and V.Hojdoink(??) amongst others. Given were playing a 3 man attack, Owen, Rooney and SWP and lampard, Gerrard and Beckham in midfleild i think we'll have enough to see them off in the first half. Also S. Wright-Phillips First/last Goalscorer @ 14/1 looks a bit generous: He has scored more than any player in the England team in there respective leagues. This was whilst playing right midfield for my team Man City who are nothing more than mid-table. Tonight he is playing up front and with Rooney at 9/2 and SWP at 14/1 it doesnt make sense to me, there both playing up front, surely these odds are value. Tonight for me: England/England 12/5 Wright Phillips 14/1 (first + last goalscorer)

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb You can also get SWP anytime scorer at 4/1, whilst fellow strikers Rooney and Owen are around 6/4. He has bloody scored more than both of these although Owen hasnt started many, but you can say he is playing for Real Madrid and SWP is playing right midfield for Man City. SWP will start as a right sided striker and Rooney as a left sided one so i dont understand why SWP is 4/1 and 14/1 whilst Rooney is 6/4 and 5/1. Not only do i think SWP is a better player but he has a better scoring record in the prem this year. He might not score tonight but he has as a decent chance of scoring, his chances of scoring dont reflect the odds when you compare them.

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb Well i think of its as a weak team...Defensively i dont rate van bronkhurst and melchiot as great defenders, the central pairing are a bit of an experiment..the dutch have as far as i can remember have always been poor defensively also ..its been said all ready davids, van nistelrooy, robben and schneijder and they are big big players for the dutch...Makaay i rate quite highly...but the other two strikers, altho they do well in the dutch league, they aint exactly playing at international standard and this is a big step up for them! I could be wrong...But if i was England i wouldnt be worrying too much!

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb Forgot to mention Van der vaart...he hasnt played a decent, never mind great game against good opposition that i have seen for Holland..Every game he seems to be expected of so much and then isnt seen at all in the game, i can see this happening again tonight.

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb

Forgot to mention Van der vaart...he hasnt played a decent' date=' never mind great game against good opposition that i have seen for Holland..Every game he seems to be expected of so much and then isnt seen at all in the game, i can see this happening again tonight.[/quote'] Cheers kiko, some very valid points mate, and perhaps if this were a serious match i would not think twice about backing England against this Holland side but at these odds, in a friendly, i think the correct score system or first/last small wagers is best. SWP is on great form so your first/last looks good value @14.5 For the match i think my correct scores covers all likely results, i can see Holland scoring. The team is a little experimental but then so is England's, the formation alone is a huge step and 4-3-3 is very hard to play, seen many teams switch as ambitions grow and fail badly..Holland's line up has a few good players and i can see them making the effort for England Edwin van der Sar is on great form, the defenders are only average but England are mixing that area up too Denny Landzaat (AZ) is having a great season and van der Vaart is capable of great things, granted this year has not been his best, upfront Kuijt is on top form and Yildirim very clever player IMO. No mistaking Roy McKaay's threat on his day. I really think the game will be 1-1 or 2-1 either way hence the focus on my selections - Goodluck for tonight. EDIT: FT 0-0 i thought Holland looked the better side i game that got duller as it went on SWP and Gerard missed chances but Kuyt and van Bommel did too...the only bet i did not cover....:crytook same system for Wales though and 2-0 is max payout...:hope

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb Don't know if this is blind faith but I really see N.Ireland beating Canada tonight. We have been due a home win for some time and having been hitting the bar recently. Although Canada are above us in the rankings I see us scoring a couple of goals tonight. Some of the fringe players brought in for tonight have a point to prove for our next game - England away. Healy our top scorer has also passed a fitness test and will start. Canada have left some of their better players out and are trying some younger ones. N.Ireland 1/1 N.Ireland -1 goal 13/5

Although I am Polish I don`t think I `ll back Poland this Wednesday. Poland meets Belarus in the unique double game on Wednesday and Saturday. The first game will be played with the strongest possible squad at the moment. Most of the first lineup will be players playing in the foreign leagues. The Polish league unfortunately has a long break and the most Polish based players aren`t in form nowadays. That`s makes me worry about the attacking duo of Frankowski and Żurawski - both Polish champion (Wisła) players. Dudek between the posts should be ok. The defence is rather decent but the offence is rather weak. There ain`t many creative players there considering the fact that rather important midfilelder Szymkowiak won`t play. Hth with Belarus at home: 4:1 Euro quali 2001 1:1 friendly 1996 1:1 friendly 1994 Belarus away results indicate that they are strong travelling teams - mind 3:4 in Italy, 1:1 in Norway, 2:1 in Turkey in the second half of last year. I can`t see value in backin Poles at the odds of @1.5. I`d rather look for >@7 for guests. Since I don`t like to bet against my country I `ll skip it this time or play just for fun over 2.5 with Pinnacle @2.09 snatch
Absolutely cracking call, mate. I had a gander at it and doubled up with a France and Sweden draw. Lunacy, I know, but it came in at 22-1. Delightful :)

Don't know if this is blind faith but I really see N.Ireland beating Canada tonight. We have been due a home win for some time and having been hitting the bar recently. Although Canada are above us in the rankings I see us scoring a couple of goals tonight. Some of the fringe players brought in for tonight have a point to prove for our next game - England away. Healy our top scorer has also passed a fitness test and will start. Canada have left some of their better players out and are trying some younger ones. N.Ireland 1/1 N.Ireland -1 goal 13/5
SHOCKING, Still cant get over this game. Don't ever listen to me again... :unsure

Absolutely cracking call' date=' mate. I had a gander at it and doubled up with a France and Sweden draw. Lunacy, I know, but it came in at 22-1. Delightful :)[/quote'] Gotta echo that and say a huge thankyou to the people tipping Belarus...its made my night! Absolutely cracking shout. :ok Wintz, you posted your thoughts and predictions, which had a lot of sense in them - no harm in that(i thought NI would sneak a win too.) :cheers

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb What a big big let down that England game was...i guess i shouldve stuck to my notion to keep away from them as they are such a boring international team to watch...Andy Johnson on the right wing? What the hell is that all about? Everyone bleats on about what a good manager sven is...but the way i see it, he picks the same team anyone else would...except most people wouldnt put Heskey on the left wing!! Great win for Wales...And Qlpol...it could be worse - you could be Scottish :(

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb Great to hear that we Poles who tipped against our own team helped all u to gain some cash. As I wrote in my post I didn`t bet against Poles but took over 2.5 bet (also profitable);) . I had small entertaining ht/ft 2/1 bet @29 at lads but it was wasted by that lousy wooden bastard Rasiak who didn`t make the score having empty goal before him.:wall He was standing less then 10m before the goal... :spank Well, I don`t know how is he scoring in Derby games. Gotta see it some time cause it`s hard to believe...:dude cheers guys:cheers yours snatch

Re: International Friendlies - 8th/9th Feb well it was worth the chance this time Cyprus v Austria £6.40 Ivory Coast v DR Congo £6.40 Bulgaria v Serbia & Montenegro £7 Azerbaijan v Moldova £6.40 Israel v Croatia £6.50 South Africa v Australia £6.40 England v Holland £6.40 Germany v Argentina £6.50 France v Sweden £7 Slovakia v Romania £7 Turkey v Tunisia Void £2 Return £68 for £54 staked Didn't back Austria v Latvia as I didn't see it on the original list so never went looking for it (1-1 draw BTW) or Cyprus v Finland (1-2) either and Algeria V Bukino Faso was settled as a loser even though I have no idea what the score was as I couldn't find it anywhere..... Not too sure what this proves but I have done it twice when a big day of meaningless friendlies comes up and twice I've made a small profit For the record 7 of the other games were settled by 1 goal. N.B I don't have a BETFAIR a/c since a little falling out with them so I'm sure better prices for the draws were available there... Hope this is of use to somebody.....:\