Sweden v England - June 15

Re: Sweden v England - June 15

Based on the history and matches between these two sides I guess draw is the most likely outcome here.
No way would the draw ever be the most likely outcome here, An England win is still going to be the favourites. But I agree with you that this game as with a lot of group game fixtures looks like a draw. Im also not expecting fireworks in this game, but as always neither will anyone else. Perhaps the odds can be inflated enough for me to take a punt on the over 2.5 market. Some over 2.5s were backable at 3.15 on Betfair, which was ridiculous in my opinion.

No way would the draw ever be the most likely outcome here, An England win is still going to be the favourites. But I agree with you that this game as with a lot of group game fixtures looks like a draw. Im also not expecting fireworks in this game, but as always neither will anyone else. Perhaps the odds can be inflated enough for me to take a punt on the over 2.5 market. Some over 2.5s were backable at 3.15 on Betfair, which was ridiculous in my opinion.
3.15 on overs is a really good price, but I guess both to score is also a good option @ 1.95 - 2.00, which will drop closer to kick off.

3.15 on overs is a really good price' date=' but I guess both to score is also a good option @ 1.95 - 2.00, which will drop closer to kick off.[/quote'] Oh no I think you may have misunderstood me. I meant that some overs as in some group games, not this one specifically. I havent seen the odds just yet but now had a look at over 2.5 and its at around 13/10 at best for this game.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 england is very weak team. i do not like the way they play. maybe they are strong but they play weak football. its all negative and its shameful for their country. i think sweden played well and of course only little complacency cost them against ukraine but in this game i think sweden will be strong because ibrahimovic is expert against highly defensive teams and can be the creative force to break though england bunker tactics. he does it all the time and italy so for that reason i think sweden to win 1-0

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 I think the prices are a bit skewed and the value is on a straight up Sweden win. The reason Sweden did not handle Ukraine was because of complacent attitudes and the players being in a bad headspace. I don't think this will happen vs England, because the players have nothing to lose now and the pressure from the first game is gone. I think we will see a very determined and collected Swedish side playing the offensive football which worked so well for us in the qualifiers producing some great results and I don't think it will be a walk for England. I punt Sweden win @ 3.82 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 In my opinion England managed a draw against France mainly because both sides were happy with that outcome. They are still without Rooney so I can't see them creating much up front. After losing against Ukraine, Sweden must get something out of this game and I think the Swedish players know that they can achieve that, especially since they haven't lost a competitive fixture against England, recording 2 wins and 5 draws. However, since England have lost only 1 friendly game in the last 2 years, while they were unbeaten in their qualifiers. So it is hard for me to see England losing this game and based on the previous meetings between these sides I can see this one ending in a draw. Draw @ 3.30 ​Bet365

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Looking at the stats below they point to a draw. The Swedes apparently have off-the field problems with disharmony in the dressing room, however the English radio rumour-mill suggests that although both will start, Parker & Gerrard have injury niggles, if either of these players are withdrawn there is no-one with the relevant experience to fill that role, apart from possibly Milner. Last 38 Game Success Rating - Sweden 71% v England 74% Euro 2012 Record inc Qualifying Sweden 40% Draw 20% England 40% Last 10 Competitive Games Sweden 40% Draw 20% England 40% Head To Head (all) Sweden 28.6 % Draw 42.8 % England 28.6% So why is all the above important...because Sweden DNB 2.75 with Ladbrokes. I'll chance my arm with that.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Can't judge much since i have not watched the matches from this group yet, Sweden on paper look good to at least get a draw out of this which they at least have to to keep hopes of making it to the next round alive. Sweden on the AH seems like a decent bet, thoughts anyone?

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Am I the only one who thinks that England could win this? I quite liked the way they looked defensively in the draw with France in the opening game.. They will want 3 points from this one, both them & France consider themselves good enough and are expected to beat Ukraine & Sweden. I think the pace of Wellbeck & co will trouble the Swedish back line and can see England edging this match. Having said that I also fancy both to score, as the Swedes have more than enough in the attacking sense. I will write up a full preview tomorrow.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 A question for you - does anybody find a "ball possession" market?! I think it could be a good bet to choose Sweden to have more possession if the coefficients are fine. As I like F.C. Liverpool, I watched nearly each game during Roy Hodjson short time at Anfield. His style is very consistent and predictable: tight defense, midfield very close to the back line, attempt to finish off attacks quickly. The outcome was that Liverpool was systematically being dominated in terms of possession, even against smaller sides at Anfield. From what I've seen in the two England's games under Hodjson (friendly with Norway, and 1:1 with France), the style is the same as the one in Liverpool. I suppose that it is more than 50% likely that Sweden will dominate possession. If the bookies haven't caught this factor, it would be a good bet.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 ^^ Fedar ya I think the bookies have cottoned on to that fact, but still might be a good bet if someone can post odds. Im optomistic on Englands chnces of winning against Sweden. What better manager than Hodgeson to work out the swedes. I was dismisive of Englands chances pre tornament, but can see some light with the way we play. Over 2.5 match goals are higher odds than under 2.5 for this fixture, i think there is value there. Will sleep on it and formulate bets tomorrow. But tonight my thoughts are England win and over 2.5 goals.

A question for you - does anybody find a "ball possession" market?! I think it could be a good bet to choose Sweden to have more possession if the coefficients are fine. As I like F.C. Liverpool, I watched nearly each game during Roy Hodjson short time at Anfield. His style is very consistent and predictable: tight defense, midfield very close to the back line, attempt to finish off attacks quickly. The outcome was that Liverpool was systematically being dominated in terms of possession, even against smaller sides at Anfield. From what I've seen in the two England's games under Hodjson (friendly with Norway, and 1:1 with France), the style is the same as the one in Liverpool. I suppose that it is more than 50% likely that Sweden will dominate possession. If the bookies haven't caught this factor, it would be a good bet.
According to oddschecker, bwin are offering a market on most possession: England 1.8 Sweden 1.9 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/sweden-v-england/most-time-in-possession

Am I the only one who thinks that England could win this? I quite liked the way they looked defensively in the draw with France in the opening game.. They will want 3 points from this one, both them & France consider themselves good enough and are expected to beat Ukraine & Sweden. I think the pace of Wellbeck & co will trouble the Swedish back line and can see England edging this match. Having said that I also fancy both to score, as the Swedes have more than enough in the attacking sense. I will write up a full preview tomorrow.
Some real bizaare tipping in this thread :loon ,from what i saw of SWEDEN they were possibly the worst team i have seen in the competition,with only IBRAHIMAVICH looking to pose any sort of threat,England need only to keep him quiet to prevent SWEDEN from scoring,as for ENGLAND scoring,well thats a little less certain,their back 4 has a distinct lack of pace and surely the pace of WELLBECK,WALLCOTT,ETC will yield a few opportunties to score,will they have the composure to convert nay these opportunities??...well that remains to be seen.i would expect ball posession in this match to be fairly even. i just feel ENGLAND may just edge this 1-0...................but it wouldnt suprise me if it ended a draw,no way can i see SWEDEN winning.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Just off the top of my head - Sweden have 0 points England have 1 point Sweden need the points more here Both sides will benefit from knowing the result of the earlier Ukraine v France game by the time this one kicks off. I thought both teams were poor in their first game but England looking slightly the better for their resilience against France. I think England should be favourites here and Sweden might find it hard against a defensively minded England team. On the other hand, if England sit too deep, it might hand the initiative to Sweden, who do need the points more here. No value on England for me at 2.2.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 4pts England to beat Sweden 5/4 BetVictor

Traditionally England don’t beat Sweden in major competitions despite the two meeting on plenty of occasions. However I think that could be different this time. There is a defensive organisation and philosophy that makes England tough to break down and with more focus on going forward in this match I expect England to have the goal threat to win this game. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sweden-vs-england-betting--england-can-take-a-huge-leap-towards-the-quarter-finals-with-win-in-kiev

Am I the only one who thinks that England could win this? I quite liked the way they looked defensively in the draw with France in the opening game.. They will want 3 points from this one, both them & France consider themselves good enough and are expected to beat Ukraine & Sweden. I think the pace of Wellbeck & co will trouble the Swedish back line and can see England edging this match. Having said that I also fancy both to score, as the Swedes have more than enough in the attacking sense. I will write up a full preview tomorrow.
Both to score might be a better option instead of a draw. Each top side has a so called "boogie team". Like for example Germany struggles against Eastern European sides (2-2 against Yugoslavia in 1998, 0-1 against Serbia in 2006 and 1-2 against Croatia in 2008). Another example: Italy haven't beaten Croatia in the competitive fixture since Croatia became an independent state and this was proven again yesterday. As I have mentioned in my earlier post England also have the same negative record against Sweden. I know that history will change one day, but for now I don't think that England can win this, especially draw won't be the end of the world. Rooney will be back for the match against Ukraine and that's where I think the English will secure qualification to the next round.

2 Point double on Shevchenko and Carroll to score first for Ukraine and England Respectively @ 10 x 8 = 80.00 odds (Found the odds at ladbrokes) I'll post my thoughts on Carroll here and Shevchenko will be in the Ukraine thread . England seems to be focusing on smash and grab so far in this tournament , defending deep and attacking on set pieces . We saw how they score against france . Given the fact that games between these 2 nations are always close , I see that Starting carroll might be a good option for england and if carroll starts , i think first goalscorer would be a nice bet as carroll would cause sweden plenty of problems on set pieces .

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 I am on England here. Personally think that we can win and win comfortably. We have showed we can defend and I believe with the attacking players that we have we can also score a couple of goals. Stake 10 points on England with WH odds 2.20

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Sweden - England. Sweden lost in first round. Ibrahimovic managed to open the score, but Shevchenko scored two goals in seven minutes. Ukraine won with 2-1. Sweden has zero points. But did not play bad in the first stage. England drew in first stage, 1-1 with France. Lescott managed to score, bringing England in advantage, but France equalized to 1-1. Both teams still have chances of qualification in next phase. There are many calculations made ??here by coaches, players. There are a lot of "if". Will be a very disputed match. I think Sweden and England will be able to score in this match. Ibrahimovic can score. England has good players. Even if has many players unavailable, Hodgson has a choice. Both teams have players who can score, have players who can make the difference. Is 23rd match between Sweden and England. Sweden has six wins, England has seven wins and nine matches ended in a draw. Only five matches ended 0-0 in the history of direct matches. Both teams can score today. I think it will be 2-1 for England. Source: TFB

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 I'll get involved in tonight's match - ENGLAND -0.25AH v Sweden (Olympic Stadium, Kiev) @ 1.80 with panbet The odds are dropping rapidly on the English this evening and I think that's a logical move. There will be plenty of people factoring in Sweden's draw record over their adversaries in tournament football but for me, the bare facts are that this Sweden team is a wounded one. Under Erik Hamren, there appears to be a whiff of discontent within the ranks. Many players don't get along with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the talisman and undoubtedly the most talented man of this team, while others fail to grasp Hamren's tactics. Against Ukraine, we saw the incompetence of their defence to deal with balls crossed into their penalty box, and with England manager Roy Hodgson starting the industrial but potent Andy Carroll, the English will have a striker alongside Danny Welbeck more than capable of feasting on cross balls from Ashley Young, James Milner and Steven Gerrard. I fear for the Swedes in this department. I don't think they have enough protection on the flanks to shut down Young and Milner and I also think that their two centre-halves, Andreas Granqvist and Olof Mellberg, don't have the wherewithal to deal with Carroll, Welbeck and supporting midfielders in the box. The stats back this school of though up: most of Sweden's concessions have been through headers, and their back four were off the pace when Andriy Shevchenko, hardly a lampost amongst traffic cones in the danger area, nodded home from twice from crosses. I think that major facet of this encounter will hamstring the Swedes. England have already said they'll be more cavalier than they were against the French. They will look to win this match. Of course, they are not bombproof - no England team is - but their defence is strong with John Terry and Joleon Lescott in tow and Scott Parker is a good enough player to keep a watch on Ibrahimovic, who drops deep and roams but never quite does enough against English teams to back up his form in Italy. This is England though, and with history showing they've underestimated Sweden in the past at tournament level, I've plumped for half draw cover at my bet threshold of 1.80. Braver punters will take them on the nose; others may look towards the Scandinavians. Personally, I feel this Sweden team aren't a patch on their predecessors who have run England close in the past. England, in my opinion, will get the job done in Kiev tonight. :hope

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 England -0.25 (AH) @2.075 Bet365 Ive just written a big write up and lost it so will keep this brief. On paper, I think England are the superior team. They are much stronger in defence, should get the better of Sweden in midfield and though Ibrahimovic is the best striker playing, the lack of a decent partner also gives England the edge in attack IMHO. I was unimpressed with Sweden in their opening match while England were steady if unspectacular. The main worry for England is lack of fitness and options in centre midfield. Hodgsons side will be well drilled and should keep things tight; a 1 0 score line looks most likely. As always with England, there is the worry of them failing to get the job done and whilst I don't think they will get beat, it's difficult to fully rule out the draw. But with this handicap at evens, half stake is returned in the event of the draw and considering the price and the fact England look to be the superior team, it's a tempting enough handicap for me to get involved.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 English national team has not been a top-team for such a long time and has not won any thropy or beaten some of the great powers (Spain,Germany,Italy etc.), that is why no one outside Great Britain considers them as anything special - they are just a mediocre team. Therefore, I cannot understand why people think, that England will win this game. For me odds for double chance (Sweden or draw) at 1.64 have very good value. Sweden is not what they used to be, but still they can get the draw without any problems. Having in mind, that England might also be satisfied with the draw, the odds are perfect. Sweden - England 1X @ 1.64 Ladbrokes Good luck to everybody.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Have gone for 1-1, plus Lescott 1st scorer 28/1 and Ibrahimovic last scorer @ 13/2. How many games has it been in major tourneys where england have been the first scorer? 28/1 for a lescott header is better value than a Carroll one.

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Over 2.5 @ 2.43 pinnacle Surprised to see Sweden lose against Ukraine as they gave up opportunities to score before they eventually did, but their defence was exposed twice in the air by Shevchenko and it may see the inclusion of Carroll, as his aerial presence will cause them problems. Sweden have conceded 6 of their last 7 goals in the air so with Carroll there nd Wellbeck running off him, it will be no surprise to see how England approach this game. Sweden though have a very good record against England and are not a team that play two bad games in a row. Expect them to bounce back here with a more complete performance as they should be able to cause problems in this English defence with some service for Ibrahimovic. He has scored in each of Sweden's last four games and can see him getting the better of Lescott and Terry specailly if Sweden can domainte possession like France did against them. Sweden has no point s and another draw is not good for them while England have one point and also a point is not enough for them going into the last game if they wish to be the masters of their own destiny. Like the look of goals in this game as both team should be able to score on the other, but also need to win if they are to progress through to the next rounds

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 England to win this. Taken 2.5 at Betfair. The history means nothing. All I have heard is England are yet to beat Sweden in a competitive international.... so what? Unless it is the same players, same managers, same tactics etc, this means nothing! Sweden have one player who would get into the English side, in my opinion. The rest are second rate. I think this tournament is currently unbalanced. There are 2 really poor groups, and 2 really strong ones. This group is weak. Sweden are not the side they were a few years ago. England, with a more attacking line up should be far too strong for Sweden

Re: Sweden v England - June 15 Well , i'm doing an accumulator so i dun mind the slightly low odds on carroll . If he starts , he gets more threat than lescott does i feel

Have gone for 1-1, plus Lescott 1st scorer 28/1 and Ibrahimovic last scorer @ 13/2. How many games has it been in major tourneys where england have been the first scorer? 28/1 for a lescott header is better value than a Carroll one.