May 13 - May 20

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: May 13 - May 20

That's not true' date=' you've got Dusseldorf and Nice next week and then the French.[/quote'] What have I told you about correcting me when I'm completely in the wrong ;) For some reason I had it in my head that the French was next week-God knows why.

Re: May 13 - May 20 Wawrinka - Haase Very fine odd here. After two close matches in 2011 on hardcourt (both win by Wawrinka), Wawrinka will be dominating Haase early this year on clay in Estoril (61 64). Wawrinka is in very fine form and he will be showing good perfomance on clay. Last week he had a close lost match against Djokovic in Madrid and he had some days to recover and training on 'normally' clay. Haase is struggling in my eyes. He can't impressive me this year on clay. In the qualification he won in straight sets against Stakhovsky and with 2-1 from Malisse but this will be say nothing. He is not in his best form and i think he will beaten here by Wawrinka. Maybe in two close sets. 2/10 Wawrinka -1.5 set tb. Haase @ 1.74 Pinnacle

Wawrinka - Haase Very fine odd here. After two close matches in 2011 on hardcourt (both win by Wawrinka), Wawrinka will be dominating Haase early this year on clay in Estoril (61 64). Wawrinka is in very fine form and he will be showing good perfomance on clay. Last week he had a close lost match against Djokovic in Madrid and he had some days to recover and training on 'normally' clay. Haase is struggling in my eyes. He can't impressive me this year on clay. In the qualification he won in straight sets against Stakhovsky and with 2-1 from Malisse but this will be say nothing. He is not in his best form and i think he will beaten here by Wawrinka. Maybe in two close sets. 2/10 Wawrinka -1.5 set tb. Haase @ 1.74 Pinnacle
I think odds might be a tad short if you take into account that Haase had a lot more preparation on the new surface, including 5 sets in match form. I expect the bet to come through aswell. Wawrinka will be needing to adapt, so I won't be surprised if he loses the first set. Still expecting it to come through though but at these odds I would pass on it. Just my 2 cents mate.

Re: May 13 - May 20 Tomic - Giraldo Selection: Giraldo 2-0 in sets @ 2.28 (Pinnacle) Great odds being offered here. Tomic is being massively overrated. This guy just recorded his first wins on clay, but let's be honested this guy still has absolutely no clue how to play on clay. And also the wins did not impress me that much either. On the other hand we have Giraldo, a South American bloke that actually knows how to play on hardcourt but certainly knows his way around clay as well. Also not in the very best kind of form but decent enough to easily beat Tomic. Now what is very important to keep in mind, is that it's done with the faster clay, this is Rome. Slooooooow clay. That alone is enough advantage for Giraldo, but also Giraldo has had the time to adapt to the new surface and also having 2 decent wins over Gulbis and Hanescu. All in all I consider this a 8/10 strength and the money line combo-material. Good betting

Re: May 13 - May 20 Albert Ramos - David Nalbandian Selection Albert Ramos +3.5 (8/10) @ 1.70 (Pinnacle) Albert Ramos ML (6/10) @ 2.38 (William Hill) I actually think these odds are not in balance, I consider this a match in which Ramos should be a slight favourite so it is quite easy to take the handicap and ML. Nalbandian is definitely not the player he used to be. He still has those shots but makes weird errors along the way. It actually looks like he just needs more hours on the court in training and playing matches. This was very clear for me in Belgrade. Being in the drivers' seat against Seppi and actually giving it away in Belgrade disappointed me. Albert Ramos also not one of the best players on the tour IMO, but knows his way around clay. He impressed me a bit in Belgrade against Gasquet putting a good performance although I must say that Gasquet was a bit poor. Like in the last pick important factor here is that Ramos already has more rythm on the slow clay recording 2 routine wins over Naso and Gimeno-Traver.

Re: May 13 - May 20 M. J. Martinez Sanchez vs. Sofia Arvidsson Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez from Spain meets Sofia Arvidsson from Sweden in the first round of WTA Premiere event in Rome. Martinez Sanchez is not only one of the most successful doubles players - ranked as high as number 4 in 2010 and winner of 15 doubles titles - but also very good singles player who used to be in Top20 and won 5 WTA Tour titles in her career. The biggest success in her singles career came in 2010 in... Rome as she has won the title here after defeating Schiavone, Wozniacki, Safarova, Ivanovic and Jankovic en route to the title. So she surely has good memories on these clay courts. Martinez Sanchez has had problems with her right thigh lately and had to withdrew from tournaments in Miami and Barcelona due to this injury. So this will be her first singles match in some time but we could see her in action already in Madrid last week and she reached semifinals in doubles competition. Sofia Arvidsson is a player who clearly prefers faster surfaces and indoors hardcourts suit her game best and she won her second WTA Tour title in Memphis earlier this year. The two have met last year on clay courts in Bastad with Arvidsson surprisingly winning 46 76 76 but Martinez Sanchez was priced as low as 1.20 favourite that time. And now she has good chance to make the Head 2 Head even on her favourite clay courts. This time we can make a tennis pick on Martinez Sanchez with much higher odds than just a few months ago. Starting Time: 14 May 2012, 15:30 CET Bet: Martinez Sanchez Odds: 1.709 Stake: 7 units Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports

Re: May 13 - May 20 The conditions in Rome are dreadful right now ... it's almost impossible to play with this wind. Here are a few predictions anyway. Giraldo to beat Tomic @1.53 Ok. I pray the wind slows down for the start of this one. Last year Giraldo played Fish right here in similar conditions and I'd say he didn't manage to deal with them well. Basically my arguments for this pick are - Giraldo qualifying, being a much better and proven clay courter while Tomic is none of that, the youngster is clearly not comfortable on the dirt. Especially seeing that he didn't do anything on the blue, fast clay, what chances here ... Berlocq to beat Kavcic @1.37 You probably won't like the odds on this one, but I can't imagine a more locked match. Berlocq in his current state is one of the toughest clay players out there and considering that it's a Masters as well, can you see Kavcic doing any damage ? Chela +1.5 to beat Stepanek @1.75; Chela to beat Stepanek @2.95 I don't quite get the odds here. Ok I buy that Stepanek's in better form, but if you look at his results, you'll see that he just won one match(on clay) on the fast clay last week against Tomic. In my opinion Chela's not convincing results in the past two clay Masters events came for these particular reasons - 1.Getting an inspired Dolgopolov in Monte Carlo and actually not trying as hard; 2.He didn't like the surface in Madrid and faced a very well playing Falla. Rome's clay is the perfect surface for him, you see he did very well last year here and knowing that he'll have to defend a lot of stuff in the French Open, it's evident that the argentinian needs the win badly. Almagro to beat Cilic @1.53 This is a must play. If you saw how Almagro was playing last week on the blue clay, you would know what I am talking about. I think the spaniard will be getting into some hot form as he surely wants to do damage on the big stage in a few weeks. Everybody knows that Almagro is a better player on this surface and I am certain that will be seen later today. *All the odds I am posting are from Unibet as it's the bookie I currently use. Good luck. Hope that helps.

Re: May 13 - May 20 Maybe now some in play options on Giraldo. Giraldo was very steady on his service before the break in the second 2. Will be save some energy and lost the second set. Tomic not fit, doktor by him after the second set. Think Giraldo win this match.

Tomic - Giraldo Selection: Giraldo 2-0 in sets @ 2.28 (Pinnacle) Great odds being offered here. Tomic is being massively overrated. This guy just recorded his first wins on clay, but let's be honested this guy still has absolutely no clue how to play on clay. And also the wins did not impress me that much either. On the other hand we have Giraldo, a South American bloke that actually knows how to play on hardcourt but certainly knows his way around clay as well. Also not in the very best kind of form but decent enough to easily beat Tomic. Now what is very important to keep in mind, is that it's done with the faster clay, this is Rome. Slooooooow clay. That alone is enough advantage for Giraldo, but also Giraldo has had the time to adapt to the new surface and also having 2 decent wins over Gulbis and Hanescu. All in all I consider this a 8/10 strength and the money line combo-material. Good betting
:wall Loss Lol horrendous tennis from both players. Maybe because of the hard conditions with all the wind. But after being a set up with 2 break points in the openinggame of Tomic, Giraldo's level of tennis was bad. Will be looking forward to the under line for Tomic against Djokovic, it's going to be a massacreeee.

:wall Loss Lol horrendous tennis from both players. Maybe because of the hard conditions with all the wind. But after being a set up with 2 break points in the openinggame of Tomic, Giraldo's level of tennis was bad. Will be looking forward to the under line for Tomic against Djokovic, it's going to be a massacreeee.
The faults that Giraldo produced in the third set are very poor. He had must be win this match easy. Tomic only in the push mode. Will be looking forward to that indeed.

Giraldo's just not that good. Too streaky and will cough up errors against sparrers. Tomic has more ability than him and is getting better on clay. You've got to weigh up the value on guys like Santi - 1,55 for him? Sorry guys, it's naive to bet like that.

Giraldo's just not that good. Too streaky and will cough up errors against sparrers. Tomic has more ability than him and is getting better on clay. You've got to weigh up the value on guys like Santi - 1' date='55 for him? Sorry guys, it's naive to bet like that.[/quote'] It's easy to talk like this when it's already lost man. Sometimes very bad luck comes to the stuff. I mean honestly Giraldo is beating Tomic 15 times out of 18 on such a surface. Are you telling me he beat Gulbis and Hanescu with this sort of play ? Come on.

The conditions in Rome are dreadful right now ... it's almost impossible to play with this wind. Here are a few predictions anyway. Giraldo to beat Tomic @1.53 Ok. I pray the wind slows down for the start of this one. Last year Giraldo played Fish right here in similar conditions and I'd say he didn't manage to deal with them well. Basically my arguments for this pick are - Giraldo qualifying, being a much better and proven clay courter while Tomic is none of that, the youngster is clearly not comfortable on the dirt. Especially seeing that he didn't do anything on the blue, fast clay, what chances here ... Berlocq to beat Kavcic @1.37 You probably won't like the odds on this one, but I can't imagine a more locked match. Berlocq in his current state is one of the toughest clay players out there and considering that it's a Masters as well, can you see Kavcic doing any damage ? Chela +1.5 to beat Stepanek @1.75; Chela to beat Stepanek @2.95 I don't quite get the odds here. Ok I buy that Stepanek's in better form, but if you look at his results, you'll see that he just won one match(on clay) on the fast clay last week against Tomic. In my opinion Chela's not convincing results in the past two clay Masters events came for these particular reasons - 1.Getting an inspired Dolgopolov in Monte Carlo and actually not trying as hard; 2.He didn't like the surface in Madrid and faced a very well playing Falla. Rome's clay is the perfect surface for him, you see he did very well last year here and knowing that he'll have to defend a lot of stuff in the French Open, it's evident that the argentinian needs the win badly. Almagro to beat Cilic @1.53 This is a must play. If you saw how Almagro was playing last week on the blue clay, you would know what I am talking about. I think the spaniard will be getting into some hot form as he surely wants to do damage on the big stage in a few weeks. Everybody knows that Almagro is a better player on this surface and I am certain that will be seen later today. *All the odds I am posting are from Unibet as it's the bookie I currently use. Good luck. Hope that helps.
I really won't bother with Giraldo in the future. He's a joke.

It's easy to talk like this when it's already lost man. Sometimes very bad luck comes to the stuff. I mean honestly Giraldo is beating Tomic 15 times out of 18 on such a surface. Are you telling me he beat Gulbis and Hanescu with this sort of play ? Come on.
Where you've come to the stat that Giraldo will beat Tomic 15 out of 18 times on clay escapes me. As Atko has noted, Tomic is a promising youngster and is improving on the clay. The fact that Giraldo has already beaten Hanescu and Gulbis doesn't prove too much especially Gulbis who has been horrible this year in all honesty. Hanescu isn't the competitive force he once was anymore either so basing your point that Giraldo should beat Tomic on those couple of results is hugely risky-especially given the odds you got on him.

Where you've come to the stat that Giraldo will beat Tomic 15 out of 18 times on clay escapes me. As Atko has noted' date=' Tomic is a promising youngster and is improving on the clay. The fact that Giraldo has already beaten Hanescu and Gulbis doesn't prove too much especially Gulbis who has been horrible this year in all honesty. Hanescu isn't the competitive force he once was anymore either so basing your point that Giraldo should beat Tomic on those couple of results is hugely risky-especially given the odds you got on him.[/quote'] Well mate, I have the worst luck in the world. I can change how a player would play in a particular match and I could change the outcome respectively. I know you'll say bull**** and so ... but it's true. In australian open qualies in the start of the year I had Lajovic to beat Viola and he lost from 0-5 0-40. If you don't believe I'll show you the slip. I mean that was just the top of all, but I have a good collection of crazy losses.

It's all about value. Honestly, there was never any juice in Santi at 1.55. Tomic is a big step up from Gulbis and Hanescu. The fact he went the distance with Ernie says it all. Make sure you find value. That's the biggest tip I can give. Then you'll avoid stupid losers.

It's all about value. Honestly, there was never any juice in Santi at 1.55. Tomic is a big step up from Gulbis and Hanescu. The fact he went the distance with Ernie says it all. Make sure you find value. That's the biggest tip I can give. Then you'll avoid stupid losers.
Well okay. But no Tomic is not a big step up from Gulbis(ok f**k him, maybe from him is) and Hanescu. Let Tomic play Giraldo or Hanescu in French Open and see what happens. Why I mentioned Gulbis was because he usually plays great in Rome. Almost beat Nadal in a semi 2 years ago.

Giraldo's just not that good. Too streaky and will cough up errors against sparrers. Tomic has more ability than him and is getting better on clay. You've got to weigh up the value on guys like Santi - 1' date='55 for him? Sorry guys, it's naive to bet like that.[/quote'] Bummer that you didn't come with this before the bet was lost.. But okay, how can you call this naive betting? Tomic a young bloke that before the match played 11 ATP matches on clay in his whole carreer and 5 on challenger level. Giraldo on that note 69 on ATP and 151 on challenger level. Not saying that this is decisive for a bet as there are a lot of idiots roaming around pushing themselves to a few points on clay as it's the only thing they know. But what it does say is that Giraldo has way more experience on this surface and knows his way well around it. Even though he proclaims that hardcourt is his best surface. This inexperience of Tomic is very well to be seen when you look at this court movement and the shot decisions he makes being on court. Ridiculous slices falling halfcourt and dropshots out of no where just, giving away that his decisions are born out of uncertainty. Now what was very important in my perspective of seeing value was also the adaptation time that Giraldo had from very fast blue clay to the very slow clay here in Rome. Hanescu and Gulbis aren't the players they used to be, but surely they are still competitive at least in some streaks of the matches. Ultimately it's not the wins over these guys that pulled me over it's the fact that Giraldo had more match time and match rythm going into the Tomic match. 1.55 on Giraldo with more experience, more adaptation time and more match rythm and in my eyes at this moment more skill on clay. You might disagree, but any day for me. Tomic is a man for the future not for yesterday.

Re: May 13 - May 20 Del Potro - Llodra Selection: Under 18.5 games @ 1.95 (Unibet) 8/10 Tasty line on this one. I like how Del Potro is dictating more on clay. We could see it in Madrid and we could see it in Estoril. DP is stepping up his clay game. This match is also all about more time. More time to return Llodra's service and more time to finish the ball when Llodra is at the net. On this slow clay I can't see Llodra getting more than 6 games with his playing style. 1 match played on clay, 63 63 61 at RG back in '09.

Re: May 13 - May 20 Garcia Lopez - Andujar Will be really short here, but match starts in one hour. A match between two good clay players. But i think Andujar have more quality here to win this match. Garcia-Lopez can produce a lot of errors during the match and i think Andujar is steady enough to let Garcia-Lopez make the fault. 2/10 Andujar ML @ 1.94 Pinnacle Tomic - Djokovic Will be place a small stake here. Djokovic have more quality than Tomic, but he is not in his best form. For Djokovic it will be the first match here in Rome. But he lead 1-0 in H2H matches. 3-1 on Wimbledon last year. When i saw Tomic playing yesterday, it looks terrible. Tomic was the whole match in the 'push' mode and don't tennis to win. But he looking not fully fit. I think Djokovic can be really smashes Tomic here, but it will be a little bit tricky line. 1/10 Under 19 games @ 1.78 Pinnacle Lopez - Granollers 1.40/1.45 will be fair here. But this is a little bit to high. Lopez will be a really good player, also he had not a good week in Madrid. But can we name the surface in Madrid as clay? He will showing some good perfomance during this year, i follow him in the most tournaments and he playing well. Granollers is a good player, but in my eyes he stays a little bit to high on the World Tour Ranking. Playing well on this surface at the most times and he like it, but i think he have not enough quality to beat Lopez here. If Lopez will be fully focused during this match, he can win this in straight sets. But i don't bet on that. 3/10 Lopez ML @ 1.52 Pinnacle

Re: May 13 - May 20 Marinko Matosevic vs. Marsel Ilhan ATP Challenger Tour event in Bordeaux is one of the best rated tournaments of this category and usually attracts very good field of tennis players. One of the first round matches this year is duel between Australian Marinko Matosevic and Marcel Ilhan, the best Turkish player. Marinko Matosevic, Australian player with Bosnian origin, is having a breakthrough season this year after his surprising run to the finals in Delray Beach in March. Matosevic found himself ranked in Top100 for the first time in his career this Monday after title in Athens. His strenghts are good serve and sound volleys and he really is maybe the biggest surprise package of this tennis season. Marinko Matosevic has never had any success on red clay but recorded his first ATP Tour level wins on the dirt over Kukushkin and Farah in Munich two weeks ago. He is really playing with confidence now but also played 11 matches in last two weeks, came from green clay in America to red clay in Munich, then to hard court in Athens and now again to red clay, his least favourite surface, in Bordeaux. Very difficult task for any player! And he also played finals in Athens on Sunday then had to travel to Bordeaux and play his match today, so no time to get used to new conditions. His rival, Marcel Ilhan, has had a career-best season in 2011 and recorded some really good wins. Ilhan is not a clay courter but he has really solid record on the dirt and is 22-15 since 2011. The two met twice during last 12 months with Ilhan winning easily in two sets on both occassions and has nice chance to record another victory over confident but tired Matosevic, who could also prefer some rest before the start of French Open qualification. Many reasons to make a tennis pick on Marcel Ilhan here. Starting Time: 15 May 2012, 12:30 CET Bet: Ilhan Odds: 2.10 Stake: 8 units Bookmaker: 5Dimes

post-61678-14429284170392_thumb.jpg