** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

May 13 - May 20

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: May 13 - May 20

Atko, you say you had bets in play the last couple of days? Please do share them as I like to read your write ups and to see you picks. There are quite some picks being posted here but frankly, while I appreciate the posts, the picks are of very streaky quality with low to no value at all. So, Atko, if you have picks, post em up!
'very streaky quality with low to no value at all' I'm sorry but I have to agree. There is one tipster notable by his absence...IMLOVINGIT where are you when we need you? I,m missing all those great priced winners you used to give and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Yes' date=' we should take notice of you...however...in my opinion many of your picks are devoid of value. The odds are way too short and you will simply lose in the long run.[/quote'] Have to agree again. I thought this forum (tell me if I'm wrong) was about taking the bookies with good quality tennis bets and yet you get rid of most readers on heres favourite tipster and keep Shor! What an own goal and costly to those who used to follow I'mlovingit.

Re: May 13 - May 20 I watched Del Potro play Llodra and he had problems with his knee.So a retirement is possible especially if it goes 3 sets (also with the french open coming up Del Potro won't want to risk injury).So a bookie that voids if the match is not completed if backing Del Potro or a bookie that pays out if there is a retirement if betting Tsonga maybe the safest option. Good luck.

'very streaky quality with low to no value at all' I'm sorry but I have to agree. There is one tipster notable by his absence...IMLOVINGIT where are you when we need you? I,m missing all those great priced winners you used to give and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I absolutely 100% agree. I don't actually think I've won a tennis bet since his ban. He found VALUE and had good reasoning. Not all but a vast majority of the other tips here are 'hunches' with terrible value and poor reasoning that can be easily picked apart. It's an absolute shame but I can't bet on tennis anymore and I used to love reading IMLOVINGIT's previews. They all filled me with confidence to place a bet whereas the majority of the remaining tips are 'what ifs and maybes'. I fully expected to lose some of IMLOVINGIT's bets of course, he is no god, but I felt he provided me with excellent tools to make a decision. Other tipsters here don't and it's costing me. Does anyone know if he has gone to a different website?

Re: May 13 - May 20 Christ, the mourning over ImLovinIt is pathetic. Get over it. I was all for bringing him back here but it's done, just learn to live with the forum's decision. He made plenty of enemies as well as followers (and had plenty of losers as well as winners, like us all). Got to be honest, the atmosphere stinks here right now. Not that I'm in great form myself but enjoy my betting more when I don't read some of the sh!te on here. Will be cooling my jets PL-wise for the foreseeable. Keep pining over your lost ones.

Christ, the mourning over ImLovinIt is pathetic. Get over it. I was all for bringing him back here but it's done, just learn to live with the forum's decision. He made plenty of enemies as well as followers (and had plenty of losers as well as winners, like us all). Got to be honest, the atmosphere stinks here right now. Not that I'm in great form myself but enjoy my betting more when I don't read some of the sh!te on here. Will be cooling my jets PL-wise for the foreseeable. Keep pining over your lost ones.
Well yes, you say he had his enemies but apart from a few (including myself) getting a little peeved off with his celebrations after winning a bet...I am yet to see anyone pipe up on here, in public, who actually wanted him banned.

Well yes' date=' you say he had his enemies but apart from a few (including myself) getting a little peeved off with his celebrations after winning a bet...I am yet to see anyone pipe up on here, in public, who actually wanted him banned.[/quote'] Oh man, nobody wanted him banned. And please, he's not better than us. There are Atko and other guys that can provide great picks. The last weeks in Madrid and Rome were/are just horrible for now, but have patience, please!

It's an absolute shame but I can't bet on tennis anymore and I used to love reading IMLOVINGIT's previews. They all filled me with confidence to place a bet whereas the majority of the remaining tips are 'what ifs and maybes'. I fully expected to lose some of IMLOVINGIT's bets of course, he is no god, but I felt he provided me with excellent tools to make a decision. Other tipsters here don't and it's costing me. Does anyone know if he has gone to a different website?
He's joined a private forum now, but I still often sees him when watching live tennis in sportlemon. You can find him in live chat. Actually one of his write ups led me to this forum. Hope that helps you.

Re: May 13 - May 20 Ultimate choke from Wawrinka, 6 match points missed then Seppi cheered on by a very passionate crowd wins on his 1st MP. Stan played a very strange game, from being very aggressive in beating Tipsy yesterday to a very negative approach against the Italian. Cost me a bloody fortune in the process ffs!!!!

Tennis ATP Italy' date= Rome - Internazionali BNL D'Italia R16 - Clay 21:00 J.M.Del Potro vs J-W.Tsonga Tsonga Odds 4.14 Bookie: Pinnacle I will give also the previews from the site ******.ru. Payed 50 $ for this one. ****** picks only tennis with a record: Tips won: 77 Tips lost: 30 The amount of each bet: $ 500 Sum of winnings: $ 22,960 1 pick = 50 $ 5 picks = 200 $ 10 picks = 350 $ " Del Potro played three consecutive weeks. Very heavy schedule. The tournament in Estoril on clay was a "pleasure" , not very strong contenders. Then the tournament in Madrid, where Juan Martin was in the semifinals. Here the courts were quick convenient (blue clay = pretty fast surface), but Berdych was a form of better in semis. After that, the current Masters in Rome. Already in the first round vs french Llodra gave away one set and the quality of tennis has fallen markedly. Courts in Rome require freshness and good physical readiness. Argentines do not like this, its still tight strikes work confidently on faster surfaces. I look forward to Tsonga, the frenchman to get on his game. And about Del Potro, I think hes not in the condition to show the best tennis. Bookies profoundly mistaken, odds 3.5 looks very sweet, not every day are safe bets with this coefficient. "
--KavkaZ, thanks for again sharing another very nice winning pick!!!! cheers!

yeah' date=' I'd be shocked if Tsonga pulls this out in his current form.[/quote'] I'll stand corrected. What a weird couple of weeks it has been in the Tennis circuit... or circus. Atmosphere is down yes. But you'll see how quickly it goes back up again once people start posting winning picks again.

Re: May 13 - May 20 I am going for Tsonga (+1.5 sets) @ 2.50 with Pinnacle today, Djokovic was pretty awful against Monaco and Tsonga has always been able to get under his skin in their H2H meetings. Still thinking about Kerber to beat Kvitova and Berdych/Nadal overs, both bets look quite nice to be honest.

Tennis ATP Italy' date= Rome - Internazionali BNL D'Italia R16 - Clay 21:00 J.M.Del Potro vs J-W.Tsonga Tsonga Odds 4.14 Bookie: Pinnacle I will give also the previews from the site ******.ru. Payed 50 $ for this one. ****** picks only tennis with a record: Tips won: 77 Tips lost: 30 The amount of each bet: $ 500 Sum of winnings: $ 22,960 1 pick = 50 $ 5 picks = 200 $ 10 picks = 350 $ " Del Potro played three consecutive weeks. Very heavy schedule. The tournament in Estoril on clay was a "pleasure" , not very strong contenders. Then the tournament in Madrid, where Juan Martin was in the semifinals. Here the courts were quick convenient (blue clay = pretty fast surface), but Berdych was a form of better in semis. After that, the current Masters in Rome. Already in the first round vs french Llodra gave away one set and the quality of tennis has fallen markedly. Courts in Rome require freshness and good physical readiness. Argentines do not like this, its still tight strikes work confidently on faster surfaces. I look forward to Tsonga, the frenchman to get on his game. And about Del Potro, I think hes not in the condition to show the best tennis. Bookies profoundly mistaken, odds 3.5 looks very sweet, not every day are safe bets with this coefficient. "
Thanks KavkaZ Another fantastic tip and what a price! and because of the write up also did 2-0!! (missed the 11/2 but got 9/2) also followed your last tip on Giraldo which also won at a good price.Great picks so thanks again.

Tennis WTA Italy, Rome - Internazionali BNL D'Italia QF - Clay 21:00 -

:hope

A. Kerber vs P. Kvitova A. Kerber Odds: 2.22 Bookie: Pinnacle

"Petra Kvitova holds little competitions, with each competitor putting her problems, every game she makes a lot of unforced errors. Angelique Kerber game seems much more reliable than Petra Kvitova's, so today we put on the german player"

Tennis WTA Italy' date= Rome - Internazionali BNL D'Italia QF - Clay 21:00 -

"Petra Kvitova holds little competitions, with each competitor putting her problems, every game she makes a lot of unforced errors. Angelique Kerber game seems much more reliable than Petra Kvitova's, so today we put on the german player"

Kavkaz well done on another excellent selection. A major wobble in the 2ndvset but to be expected from these psychologically deranged female tennis players. Thanks again - keep them coming

Re: May 13 - May 20 Na Li vs Serena Williams. Over 19.5 games. 1.80 @ Bet365 (6/10) Serena most likely is going to win as she has done in 5 of 6 meetings against Li, but I expect a close match. Li is peaking at the right time and is playing her best tennis heading towards French Open which will be big for her this year. Li can serve, not as good as Williams obviously, but still. And the Chinese #1 is the one who can actually live with Serena on the baseline. Every single of their previous six meetings has been very close and neither had less than 21 games. Williams dropped a set against Petrova earlier this week. And Li's game is similar to that of the Russian. Decent serve, not afraid to hit and actually make big shots. Can see a tie-break in one of the sets which would cover the overs line. Rafael Nadal vs David Ferrer. Under 21 games. 1.76 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Nadal has been playing really good tennis this week. He had a bit of trouble against Berdych who was leading 4-2 yesterday but failed to close it out. Berdych has got serve and devastating forehand which he at times used pretty well going after Nadal's forehand. Ferrer has not got such a weapons. He is a better defender but more often than not won't be able to hit Nadal off the court. Ferrer had a great chance to beat Nadal in Barcelona final but collapsed mentally. Same thing should happen here. Rafa's been too good this week and I can't see more than one close set. Last time they played here, was 2010 final. Nadal beat Ferrer 7-5, 6-2 on the day and the same result would be fine today. Angelique Kerber vs Maria Sharapova. Under 22 games. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Kerber is in the Top 10 for the first time in her career. Huge achievement etc. She had nothing to do with yesterday's win over Kvitova, though. Kvitova was able to find a motivation for just one set which was the the middle set which she won 6-1. Other than that she was all over the place. Failed to serve out the first set at 5-4, never bothered even trying in the 3rd set. Kvitova made 50 unforced errors. Kerber beat Sharapova in Paris indoors earlier this year, prior to that Sharapova ha destroyed her in Oz Open. I'd go with Sharapova today as she has been better this week but anything can happen. Kerber has big shots, can defend very well and with Sharapova's double faults you just never know. They way I see this match go, is 1) Sharapova will win in straight sets or 2) Kerber has her way and the German takes advantages of Masha's serving problems. Anyway 22 games looks a bit big here in any scenario. Roger Federer to beat Novak Djokovic. 2.06 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Djokovic has failed to impress me this week. Tomic can't play on clay, so no surprises there. Nole was set and break down against Monaco... Tsonga checked out yesterday after failing to get a break at 5-5 in the first set. Federer on the other hand has been flying and playing exhibition tennis at times. He has had crap opponents in 2 of his 3 matches but still. He is well rested, serving well, attacking and having good variation to his game. Djokovic might be in trouble today. He has lost his invincibility of last year. Federer is 3-1 against Djokovic on clay and beat Djokovic when the Serbian was at his very best - French Open last year. That was Djokovic's first loss in 2011. Of course, Federer has ability to mess it up and gift this one to Djokovic after wasting couple match points but I'm still willing to go for Fed here.

Tennis WTA Italy, Rome - Internazionali BNL D'Italia QF - Clay 21:00 -

Yet another quality pick KavkaZ.Cheers!

Re: May 13 - May 20 Underdogs in both finals in Rome for me. One wins and I'm good. Djokovic to beat Nadal. 2.33 @ Pinnacle (7/10) This is a no-brainer. For the first time in months I don't believe Rafa can beat Djokovic, even on clay. Nadal was poor against Ferrer but hang on and waited the moment David fell apart like he has done so many times before. Djokovic didn't had to play on Saturday as Federer simply didn't show up. Really impressed with Djokovic's movement, defense was great. All in all, Rafa will get beat once again. The Spaniard managed to win their last meeting dropping just 4 games in Monte Carlo final but Djokovic was **** that week because of very well documented reasons. Pick Djokovic here, odds will go down for sure. Li to beat Sharapova. 3.36 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Li had beaten Sharapova 4 times in a row prior to their meeting in Miami this year. Saw that match and Li basically didn't want to play on that day. She had a very good rest yesterday coz of Williams's back injury. Sharapova had to play and was a bit shaky, yet won in straights vs Kerber. Li is very well capable of beating Sharapova. She won't be hit off the court and on the other hand can hit some heavy blows. Unless she has a mental break down and doesn't want to play, she can win. I truly believe that. Sharapova has her serve issues and if the first one goes missing, better watch out. Li can hit come cracking returns. That is, provided she doesn't go for too much. This is a final and she definitely needs to win, so she can go to Paris in a very good mood. She beat Sharapova in FO semies last year and like I said, I believe she can win today as well. The game is there, the head needs to be, too.

Re: May 13 - May 20 Surprised anyone didn't post this one. Xavier Malisse to beat Yen Hsun Lu 2-0. 1.8 at bet365 Statistics speak for themselves here, Lu has played only 17 matches in his career up to now (28 year old) winning three of them, the guy has neither the strength needed to hit winners on a slow surface neither the stamina or speed to outplay his opponent although when playing against Malisse speed or stamina aren't such an issue. Lu also seems to be in a rather poor form and has stepped down to playing mostly on the challenger tour and the mandatory events. Here i guess he came to play to have at least a match under his belt before the RG. I think there's some good value here, i'm going to go with a 5/10 confidence on this one, if Malisse wouldn't be such an indolent pig i would go with a higher stake but the guy is a joke sometimes, this match really should be a walk in the park for him

Re: May 13 - May 20 Djokovic - 1.5 sets @ 4.02 pinnaclesports It is my opinion that for Rafa to challenge Novak, he needs a slowish hard court. On slow clay, Nadal doesn't have any weapons to hurt the Serb. Djokovic has had Rafa s number in the past year or so. I think Novak will test Nadal's serve and exploit the Spaniard's weak backhand, move him around the court, outhit nadal and win in two straight sets. Cheers and good luck.

Surprised anyone didn't post this one. Xavier Malisse to beat Yen Hsun Lu 2-0. 1.8 at bet365 Statistics speak for themselves here, Lu has played only 17 matches in his career up to now (28 year old) winning three of them, the guy has neither the strength needed to hit winners on a slow surface neither the stamina or speed to outplay his opponent although when playing against Malisse speed or stamina aren't such an issue. Lu also seems to be in a rather poor form and has stepped down to playing mostly on the challenger tour and the mandatory events. Here i guess he came to play to have at least a match under his belt before the RG. I think there's some good value here, i'm going to go with a 5/10 confidence on this one, if Malisse wouldn't be such an indolent pig i would go with a higher stake but the guy is a joke sometimes, this match really should be a walk in the park for him
Don't want to sound too funny, but the fact is that I saw a similar reasoning last year in Madrid when Lu was about to play with Verdasco :rollinGuess how it ended? Lu won 7-6 7-5 at odds above 10.0, I remember I placed a small amount on Lu in that match without really hoping for success, just thinking that the bad shape of Nando he was in at that moment perhaps shows up, and it did :-) Not telling that your reasoning lacks sense, just recalling a real life story :-)

Don't want to sound too funny, but the fact is that I saw a similar reasoning last year in Madrid when Lu was about to play with Verdasco :rollinGuess how it ended? Lu won 7-6 7-5 at odds above 10.0, I remember I placed a small amount on Lu in that match without really hoping for success, just thinking that the bad shape of Nando he was in at that moment perhaps shows up, and it did :-) Not telling that your reasoning lacks sense, just recalling a real life story :-)
I remember the match, it was one of the most embarrasing losses of the year even though pretty much anyone could beat Verdasco last year, made some nice money constantly betting against him, that match was also one of the reasons why i didn't go with a higher stake here. But Lu is in a really bad shape, recently losing to much weaker players. If you recall last year if there was a challenger event in Asia and Lu went there he would usually pick up the trophy, now he seems to really struggle. Hope he manages to pick himself up because he's one of the players i really respect because of his commitment and intelligent play, much like Rochus you gotta give credit to the guy for making a name for himself in the game although his physique doesn't really help him at all. But hope he picks himself up after this game, first set went the right way, just one more to go, hope it won't be delayed too much though