** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O Squeaky bum time, Aidy:eek Been a classic match though, lots of ups & downs with some pretty average snooker in amongst some decent stuff. The winner will have to improve considerably to go deep into this.

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O

Squeaky bum time, Aidy:eek Been a classic match though, lots of ups & downs with some pretty average snooker in amongst some decent stuff. The winner will have to improve considerably to go deep into this.
The only thing that saved Higgin's bacon there was Liang's long potting. It was all over the place. John can count himself lucky... Needs to play a lot better to win in Round 2.

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O I thought Marco Fu had a shocker yesterday, but I'm struggling to remember the last time I saw a pro play as badly as poor old Graeme Dott has today. On a side note, it's interesting to see how many of the qualifiers have put up really strong showings up to now. I'd guess that's partly a result of how much more snooker they're playing these days, but also how close the qualifying event was to the main tournament this year. Might be something to bear in mind if the calendar is the same next season.

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O I am actually in disbelief at how badly John Higgins is playing here. Pots that i would get myself with my eyes closed he is missing... I just hope he hasn't got himself involved in the Chinese Black Betting Market again, there is no way a world champion can play this awful.

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O have to agree with you there aidy higgins is having a shocker, hendry hasn't exactly played well in this session, both players have had so many chances if one of them was playing well they could of won all 8 frames, infact higgins has only won 1 frame from 7 so far this session just shows how bad hes playing.

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O

have to agree with you there aidy higgins is having a shocker' date=' hendry hasn't exactly played well in this session, both players have had so many chances if one of them was playing well they could of won all 8 frames, infact higgins has only won 1 frame from 7 so far this session just shows how bad hes playing.[/quote'] He played bad in the 1st round, but is 10 times worse today... Even the commentator said it is the worst performance of his entire career. Hendry's break-building has been rather poor also, i have never been so peed off at a bet in my life, i thought Higgins had a good chance this year again... As i said, wouldn't be surprised if he was handed 200k to lose 13-4 or 13-5... Don't know how he got away with it the last time, he was caught on fekkin video and he still got away with it.

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O That was some match between Carter and Trump! Carter looked sure to win and Trump came back to the table needing 4 snookers! nearly got them as well! Im so happy for Ali having trailed 9 - 12. Unlucky Judd, im sure he is definitely the next English player to watch!

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O And oh yeah, apart from a mug bet on Bingham in the first round I've stopped betting. Total mug on snooker and though I used to add a bet for abit of extra excitment, its made some uncomfortable evenings. Now I can really enjoybthe snooker!

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O Ali Carter questioned Judd Trump's playing style and etiquette after coming from behind to beat the favourite in the second round. Carter was 12-9 down but recovered to beat last year's runner-up 13-12. "Judd pots them from everywhere but there's more to this game than potting them from everywhere, and I've proved that today," said Carter. "He didn't apologise for any [fluked] shots through the whole match. There's a bit of etiquette in the game." Carter, the beaten finalist in 2008 , denied there was any needle between the two, despite a few instances during the match that suggested otherwise. Trump led 9-7 after Sunday's second session, which led to a short exchange on Twitter, sparked by Carter simply posting "Luck Trump". And at 12-10 down on Monday, Carter clapped sarcastically after what he deemed to be another stroke of luck for his rival. The 22-year-old Trump responded by calling Carter "childish" before suggesting some of his fellow pros were jealous of his success. He said: "A lot of players enjoy me losing. I don't know why, I'm not a bad person, I don't have any beef with anyone. "I haven't got a clue [why Carter clapped sarcastically]. I'm still a lot younger than him and have done a lot better, so let's just let the snooker do the talking." Carter, 32, responded: "He had three or four lashes in the last frame, like he'd been doing in the whole match, and got away with it. "I don't think he realises how much luck he gets, how much he gets away with. "You cannot keep potting balls like that and if he carries on going for them, he will be getting beat. "I've been on too many wrong ends of matches like that and now he can feel what it feels like to have a nasty scar in his career. It's not easy to get over. "He's a great player, has achieved more than me in the game already. He's great for the game, he's like a young Ronnie [O'Sullivan] really. "But he's got to develop a little bit more of a personality, start slagging a few people off, and then people will love him even more I suppose."

Re: World Snooker Chat Thread - Hendry 147 :-O Yes I just saw this on BBC sport Aidy, I would be abit annoyed at Trump, but I don't think I'd publically criticise that and start "beef" in Trumps words. I can understand how Ali feels. I guess this is good for Snooker. Abit of gossip, lol.