** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

RP E-mail

A month or so ago the RP put up it's charges for the various Membership schemes and jiggled them around a bit At the time there was some posts here regarding things that might disappear from the 'free' service and I posted a day or two after the change that I hadn't really noticed any difference.......... Well, I've got an e-mail today informing me that the changes that should have happened a month ago will be happening tonight Thought it might be an idea to have a thread where we can post up any changes to the service that we notice....... I'm particularly worried that I might lose the 'My Ratings' service which is currently free and on which I've got about 3 years worth of speed ratings. I've also got two other accounts on which I store different kinds of ratings. So it's OK to say it's a tenner or so a month, just pay up..............but I've got 3 accounts with different stuff stored on them all. ....................obviously I don't want to have to join 3 times and pay £ 30 a month to keep my 3 sets of data and ratings on the go

Re: RP E-mail They did say a month ago that 'My Notes' would no longer be on the free service.........and I assumed that would include 'My Ratings' as being part of 'My Notes' As it turned out a month ago I could carry on using My Ratings From the e-mail today it seems that for some reason they never actually made the changes they said they would last month............but they are going to do it tonight (site closed from 10 pm) First thing in the morning I'll have to see if My Ratings is still available or not.......if not I'll have to have a rethink about what i do.

Re: RP E-mail They didn't make any changes when they said they were going to, I got this from them on Mar 8th

You will have been advised that we were due to make some developments to your membership package on March 5. Unfortunately we were unable to make these changes to Members' Club due to technical difficulties. This means your package will remain unaltered, including the price, until a later date which is yet to be determined.

Re: RP E-mail They couldn't get it sorted in time so was slightly delayed until now. They have streamlined it to 2 packages now and the extras that you get are access to a certain number of replays. This is a joke as you can get free replays on the RUK and ATR sites anyway, never paid to watch a replay yet. They have forced an extra £4 a month on us for a few replays and it's either accept it or leave. I like the access I get via the RP members section and always felt access to their database and analysis should be at a minimal cost. I don't mind paying to access that but I don't like replays being forced on me at an extra cost when I can get them for free.

Re: RP E-mail Never paid for it and never will. I hate these things that draw you in for free and then introduce a charge down the road, its like the online papers, The Times and The Telegraph were free and now you have to pay. With so many free outlets for stuff online these days i'll get by nicely without them. Before you think it, i'm not a tight git either, I have the Racing Channels plus Raceform but they have always been subscription based and think they are worth it.

Re: RP E-mail What have the price increases been and when are they being introduced? For the basic package, which I'm on it says £2.50 a week (think it was £2 before), yet I just took a look a look at my account and it says I'm charged £8.67 a month, which doesn't add up!

Re: RP E-mail

What have the price increases been and when are they being introduced? For the basic package' date=' which I'm on it says £2.50 a week (think it was £2 before), yet I just took a look a look at my account and it says I'm charged £8.67 a month, which doesn't add up![/quote'] Not sure about it but I gather that as they were unable to make the technical changes a month ago they delayed the price increase ? So it will probably go up next time you pay...........

Phil, can you PM me a copy of the email for members? I don't seem to have received one from RP. Cheers :ok
Just had a look through my inbox and saved emails and I must have already deleted it. It is normally £8.67 a month for basic membership. It is going up £1 a week so will now be around £12 a month from this month. If you contact them they can probably send you the email they originally sent out but as I said main changes were access to replays. I don't think we get access to quotes, tipping etc and don't really care about the tipping section anyway.

Re: RP E-mail They can charge an increase in prices because they can. Once you become addicted to The Racing Post website and it's structure there is no way of getting out of it. I've attemtped to use the ATR website but my eye's find it easier to work on The Racing Post, I've subconciously habituated with the design making me unable to work else where for my form. That's quite sad, but it means I'm the sort of ****er who would pay £20+ if I had to. I'm trapped.

Re: RP E-mail I agree Mr W.............once you get used to the Post you can't go anywhere else Having just become a member today though I'm struggling I've got 3 sets of ratings now - mine, RPR and Topspeed...........too many figures confusing me. I'm chasing my tail around in a circle..............:loon

Re: RP E-mail what you have to consider is 'does the RP make/earn you more per week/year than you pay in subscriptions'. If yes stump up the cash its obviously worth it. If no and you just use it for general viewing then dont stump up and use ATR site. I would imagine RP are working around to a one price for all scenario and this will test the water for 12 months or so before you have to stump up for the job lot so its an all or nothing subscription. :ok

what you have to consider is 'does the RP make/earn you more per week/year than you pay in subscriptions'. If yes stump up the cash its obviously worth it. If no and you just use it for general viewing then dont stump up and use ATR site. I would imagine RP are working around to a one price for all scenario and this will test the water for 12 months or so before you have to stump up for the job lot so its an all or nothing subscription. :ok
Your post makes a lot of sense and, in principle, I agree. However, the frustrating thing is the way they've gone about it. I just want the basic package so feel a little aggrieved having to pay an extra £1 per week for functionality I don't want or need. To go that step further, as you mention, it's probably with a longer term view of making it an 'all or nothing' subscription. Disappointed really but it's a sign of the times. Get as much revenue as possible!

Unanimous is beginning to look disappointing and had no excuses on the face of it. That said, Ballyoyle fillies, apparently exposed, can improve as the season progresses.
Having shown promise on occasion last year, he rather lost his way but it may be that he is best fresh. (RE Give Me Shelter).
Archers Road was quite the market move on his debut for Noel Kelly. He looked a brave man´s ride and probably needs headgear.
:rollin We're paying for this shite reviews, dyslexic & stupid.

The RP's Raceform Interactive might an alternative for some, or more likely, a group of folk who could spilt the cost: https://www.racingpost.com/bookshop/raceform-interactive
You cah only download the overnights & result updates to one computer so if you tried to split the cost they would soon twig. Again with Raceform they have lost my custom. Two years ago I had the package just for the flat for six months which ran out just after the St Leger meeting. Just before it ended they wrote to me offering me both flat & NH to the year end at a good price which I took. At the year end they wrote again saying I could have both at £72 per month or the year for £720, 10 months for12. This was a lot more expensive & I declined. Three weeks into the New Year & they offer me the lot for the rest of the year at half price which I accepted. Just before last Xmas they're asking for £72 a month or £720 for the year again so I rang them up & said "I'm not going to pay that & in a few weeks you'll be offering it to me cheaper so why don't we just cut out the messing about & agree on a price now" The bloke I'm speaking to sticks me on hold & obviously goes to speak to his boss & when he returns he tells me they can't do that deal & to ring back in a few weeks, at which point I tell him "Don't hold your breath waiting for my call" Sure enough they wrote to me offering it cheaper but not at half price & just before the flat started they were in touch again with a deal for the flat only that was still more expensive than the Flat & Jumps package I had last year. Maybe they have enough clients to charge what they like & I know they have to make money but it's the messing me about I can't do with. I'm in the same boat now, I have ratings & notes in Raceform up to Xmas which I can still get at but can't continue with unless I pay what I think is over the odds. Still there are ways & means around everything & I'll make do somehow. Rio.

Re: RP E-mail Anyone else having problems viewing the spotlight comments on the RP cards, the only way I can see them is by checking the 'comments' box at the top. When I open the individual comments it just shows me the diomed comment and I can't see the spotlight verdict at all only the diomed one.

Anyone else having problems viewing the spotlight comments on the RP cards' date=' the only way I can see them is by checking the 'comments' box at the top. When I open the individual comments it just shows me the diomed comment and I can't see the spotlight verdict at all only the diomed one.[/quote'] Same here The individual comment button on each horse apears to be set to Diomed Another thing I've noticed is that the Verdict below the racecard appears to be the same for both Diomed and Spotlight, the only difference being that the authors name appears on Spotlight.....

Same here The individual comment button on each horse apears to be set to Diomed Another thing I've noticed is that the Verdict below the racecard appears to be the same for both Diomed and Spotlight, the only difference being that the authors name appears on Spotlight.....
Just going back to this, something minor is bugging me..... I'd prefer to have the Diomed comments on the racecard and I've duly selected 'Diomed' in the option box..............but every time I open a new card it resets to Spotlight It means I have to go back and reselect Diomed every time Is there any way to have Diomed as my default ?

Just going back to this, something minor is bugging me..... I'd prefer to have the Diomed comments on the racecard and I've duly selected 'Diomed' in the option box..............but every time I open a new card it resets to Spotlight It means I have to go back and reselect Diomed every time Is there any way to have Diomed as my default ?
That's weird, I'd prefer Spotlight but my screen defaults to Diomed so I have to reselect Spotlight each time! I'm sure that prior to a recent site upgrade I had it set up so that Spotlight always appeared.

That's weird, I'd prefer Spotlight but my screen defaults to Diomed so I have to reselect Spotlight each time! I'm sure that prior to a recent site upgrade I had it set up so that Spotlight always appeared.
Oh blimey....what a circus !.............:lol Maybe it was just a glitch 'cos I've got Diomed back as default this morning...