** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb.

staffy

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 21 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aldershot Town v Southend United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.07 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cheltenham Town v AFC Wimbledon (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.71 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crewe Alexandra v Accrington Stanley (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gillingham v Rotherham United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.02 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Northampton Town v Macclesfield Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Oxford United v Barnet (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Swindon Town v Shrewsbury Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 22 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crawley Town v Morecambe (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Northampton 0,-.5 @ 1.79...bet366....stakes 3.4 units.....this was 1.825 when I looked this morning but has dropped already so I put 2.9 units on the win @ 11/10 and .5 unit on the draw @ 12/5 to make 1.79.Anyway I fancied the cobblers to win this one before the match was called off recently and I'm on them again this time round.The silkmen have one of the worst away records in the league with 3-0-11 for 9 ag 22 and haven't won away since October. Northampton aren't exactly setting the world on fire but under Aidy Boothroyd they seem to be slowly starting to turn things around.They have made a couple of astute signings in Clarke Carlisle(Preston) and Silva on loan from Liverpool looks an exciting prospect and came off the bench to set up the winner last Tuesday against the dons.

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. I'm back to finish my Northampton preview.....Macclesfield are definitely missing Tremarco(28 games) suspended,Draper(4 goals),Mattis(1 goal) and Chalmers(1 goal) will miss out through injury.Donnelly(3 goals) will be given a late fitness test and Diagne(3 goals) and Bakare are carrying niggles but should play.Tomlinson and Wedgebury made sub appearances recently and may start but will be a little short of match fitness. The silkmen have just one win from their last 17 in the league and Northampton have 2 wins and a draw from their last 6,the 3 they lost were at home to Southend(where they conceded 3 in the last 9 mins to lose 2-5), A 1-2 home loss to Barnet where they had 14(12 on target) shots and a 1-0 away loss at Torquay where they played well by all accounts....home team not to lose...half stake cover....and sorry I meant to say that Macclesfield's Brisley(3 goals) has moved to Peterborough on loan....

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Earleir in the week I took Swindon to beat Shrewsbury @ 1.91 with Bwin Swindon have recently earned me money in their games against Southend, Barnet (JPT semi), Crawley and Hereford and as a punter I value consistency over anything so I am giving The Robins a chance to land me profit yet again. Seriously though they have been not only very consistent recently - with seven straight wins in the league and just one defeat in 18 matches - but also quite versatile - being able to see off promotion rivals (Southend, Crawley) as well as grind out results against weaker, more defensively minded teams (Macclesfield, Hereford). Moreover, they haven't conceded a goal at County Ground since the beginning of October last year - and this is huge credit to their defense as well as the keeper. In fact, I could go on and on about Swindon and the only problem is that they could become a bit complacent with their results but I will exclude this factor for tomorrow's game due to one fact - a win will finally elevate Swindon to the top of the league. I believe they will be extremely focused to reach their target tomorrow - and stay there till the end of the season. I haven't concentrated much on Shrewsbury - another promotion seeking side. They are a very good team with an outstanding home record (still undefeated!) and an average away record of 6-3-7. Looking through the teams that Shrewsbury beat on the road, however, I can only see bottom half of the table sides - Dagenham, Northampton, Hereford and Barnet. Earlier in the season they also managed to beat Port Vale and Gillingham. They lost to Crawley and Southend and drew with Cheltenham - that's their away record to other promotion contenders. To sum up tomorrow we will see a game between two top L2 sides - but I believe that Swindon will have too much power for Shrewsbury.

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Aldershot vs Southend Aldershot have been good in recent games and managed to score 4 goals in last 3 games despite the fact they have scored just 9 in last 15 games. Their victories over wimbledon, Hereford and Macclesfield are to be hailed, but if we look deeply we can see that only the win over hereford has a great value inside. Southend lived dangerous in couple of games, but in the last 2 expressed their will to promote winning away to Gilliangham and home with Crewe. No problems for these teams in terms of personel respect the last matches! Southend was a competitive side with Gillingham, offered good and conctsnat pressure on the opponent which is something I expect also tonight! The Shrimpers to get the win is the most possible outocme of the game! away win @ 2.49 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Gillingham vs Rotherham Gills have offered good matches against the Millers over the time and I think tonight will manage to escape from that horrible series of 6 consecutive defeats. What is even horrible than that is the fact that they managed to score every game, conceding 2-3! Rotherham won 2 and made 1 draw in last 3 games. The Millers lost 7 matches here and made 2 draws in the entire 9 meetings between these two on KRBS Priestfield Stadium. Everything comes to an end - this time I think will note the end of the losing streak for the Gills. home win @ 2.54 with 5 dimes

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Crewe vs Accrington Stanley Bothe these teams looked good in last period of time, despite their defeats in last round. Accrington surely tries to come up with at least one point from this trip and given their appetite for draws on away games (9 in 15 matches) and the fact that home side has just 2 draws in last 15 games, expect a draw. Should be a normal result tonight in my view! draw @ 3.47 with Pinnacle Sports Oxofrd vs Barnet The days when Oxford was coming with all guns blazing are over by now and they managed only two wins in last 8 games. Barnet are not champions either, but their away attitude it makes me bet on them every time I see them playing against a hurt team. With Holmes and Mcleod in attack they have enough power to get at least one point here! Potter, Craddock, Pittman, Capaldi and heslop are out for the U's , so my bet stands from every aspects! away +0.5 AH @ 2.11 with Canbet

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. One game where there might be some value is Wednesday's Crawley v Morecambe. Crawley home form this season: 11/1/2 Morecambe away form this season: 6/6/3 Added together: 14/7/8 If you say the chances of a draw are 30%, then on the basis of form so far, the odds should be: Crawley 2.2 Morecambe 3.9 Today's odds are: Crawley 1.45 Morecambe 8.5 So at first glance, Morecambe are more than twice the odds they should be ... I'll try and post some more after doing some more research. Anyone else got views on this game?

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb.

One game where there might be some value is Wednesday's Crawley v Morecambe.Crawley home form this season:11/1/2Morecambe away form this season:6/6/3Added together:14/7/8If you say the chances of a draw are 30%' date= then on the basis of form so far, the odds should be:Crawley 2.2Morecambe 3.9Today's odds are:Crawley 1.45Morecambe 8.5So at first glance, Morecambe are more than twice the odds they should be ...I'll try and post some more after doing some more research. Anyone else got views on this game?
When I first saw your post I was going to reply that even despite value being on Morecambe I wouldn't go against Crawley at home at this stage of the season when they need points like fish need water. But then I got home, logged in and I see that they sold Barnett to Peterborough. With Tubbs gone last month that's basically their whole strikeforce this season. Maybe Morecambe are now worth a punt?

Earleir in the week I took Swindon to beat Shrewsbury @ 1.91 with Bwin
2:1 - Bet won. But with Shrewsbury leading 0:1 at half time it was nervy... I tried to follow the game on BBC live text and it sounded like Shrewsbury had the better of the first half (Swindon had just one shot on target) and lead desrevedly. Second half sounded completely different and I think Swindon proved they have bigger depth in squad - Connel came on at half time and scored two goals to take them top of the table and win my bet.

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Crawley vs Morecambe=over (1.72) bet365 stake 6/10 Crawley position 6° points 55 Morecambe position 14° points 40 Preview: Crawley: injured: Hunt (midfielder 26/0); available: Hawley (striker 2/0), Clarke (striker 2/0); absent because it was sold: Matt Tubbs (striker); debut: Batt (striker). Morecambe: in doubt: Haining (defender 26/0). The Crawley has a score in the home of w11-d1-l2 goals scored 33 goals against 13 while Morecambe has a score out of the house w6-d6-l3 goals scored 22 goals against 16. The Crawley has lost their last 2 games against teams such as Swindon, Stoke and Morecambe in the last 15 games has seen only 2 wins, is going through a bad patch of form. Both teams play a very attacking football Crawley in the last 15 games and recorded 7 over the last 15 games in Morecambe has recorded over 9. In the end I think the most logical choice is over. Quote of the sign falling over a lot of books. Tyrone Barnett Crawley is the leading scorer with 13 goals. Kevin Ellison has made ​​11 for Morecambe :hope

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Seriously think that it could be worth backing Morecambe in some way tonight. Crawley have lost their two best strikers who have really put them where they are in Matt Tubbs and Tyronne Barnett and their replacements are not a sratch on what they are. Morecambe are pretty impressive away from home and at one point were the last team in the football league undefeated away from home. Crawley have suffered 2 heavy defeats within a week to Swindon & Stoke so they're going through a little bit of a wobble at the moment, certainly in which a side like Morecambe can take advantage off.

Seriously think that it could be worth backing Morecambe in some way tonight. Crawley have lost their two best strikers who have really put them where they are in Matt Tubbs and Tyronne Barnett and their replacements are not a sratch on what they are. Morecambe are pretty impressive away from home and at one point were the last team in the football league undefeated away from home. Crawley have suffered 2 heavy defeats within a week to Swindon & Stoke so they're going through a little bit of a wobble at the moment, certainly in which a side like Morecambe can take advantage off.
Yes, Tyrone Barnett has gone on loan to Peterborough - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/21425/7536458/Posh-snap-up-striker-Barnett There's a preview with team news on Skysports website - http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3491354,00.html As far as I can see the main points are: Crawley Have striker Shaun Batt on loan from Millwall Right back David Hunt was injured in the game against Stoke and is 'set to miss out' First choice goalkeeper Scott Shearer is out and on loan keeper Rene Gilmartin makes his league debut. Morecambe Defender Will Haining could miss out due to a tight hamstring Winger Izak Reid could return after a long absence with a hernia problem

Re: Midweek > League 2 > 21/22 feb. Crawley also have this guy Watt on loan from Arsenal - he scored two goals against Cheltenham. I am tempted by Morecambe +0.5 or straight draw as I really doubt they can win. The thing is though at this moment in time I am working on the 'discipline' part of my betting so am going to give it a miss.

I am working on the 'discipline' part of my betting so am going to give it a miss.
No harm in doing that :ok I'm convinced that most punters (including me) have far too many bets, and if we all had about 1/10 the number of bets, we'd do a lot better.

Crawley vs Morecambe=over (1.72) bet365 stake 6/10 Crawley position 6° points 55 Morecambe position 14° points 40 Preview: Crawley: injured: Hunt (midfielder 26/0); available: Hawley (striker 2/0), Clarke (striker 2/0); absent because it was sold: Matt Tubbs (striker); debut: Batt (striker). Morecambe: in doubt: Haining (defender 26/0). The Crawley has a score in the home of w11-d1-l2 goals scored 33 goals against 13 while Morecambe has a score out of the house w6-d6-l3 goals scored 22 goals against 16. The Crawley has lost their last 2 games against teams such as Swindon, Stoke and Morecambe in the last 15 games has seen only 2 wins, is going through a bad patch of form. Both teams play a very attacking football Crawley in the last 15 games and recorded 7 over the last 15 games in Morecambe has recorded over 9. In the end I think the most logical choice is over. Quote of the sign falling over a lot of books. Tyrone Barnett Crawley is the leading scorer with 13 goals. Kevin Ellison has made ​​11 for Morecambe :hope
No profit :wall