** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Midweek Championship > 14th February

Jase82

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 14 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Birmingham City v Hull City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brighton & Hove Albion v Millwall (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bristol City v Crystal Palace (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Burnley v Barnsley (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.81 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cardiff City v Peterborough United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Coventry City v Leeds United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derby County v Reading (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Doncaster Rovers v Blackpool (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.06 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Portsmouth v Ipswich Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.48 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Watford v Leicester City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] West Ham v Southampton (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Apologies I randomly deleted the old thread somehow :$ Outstanding price on us I think. We have been pretty good at home of late, and are looking likely to enter administration, which means a loss of 9 points, which puts us just outside the relegation zone currently. The current situation is having a galvanising effect on the squad, as witnessed by our display up at Blackpool. We've won five of our last eight home fixtures, while Ipswich have only won one of their last six away fixtures, losing three. Odds are out of whack IMO and clearly set the way they are because of out predicament. Tuesday is being used by the local PFC supporters group as a kind of rallying cry to get the whole city behind the club. There's been a lot of recent talk in the papers about getting as many people to come down and support the club, so I would expect a bumper crowd and it should be a pretty highly charged emotional evening.

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February

Outstanding price on us I think. We have been pretty good at home of late' date=' and are looking likely to enter administration, which means a loss of 9 points, which puts us just outside the relegation zone currently. The current situation is having a galvanising effect on the squad, as witnessed by our display up at Blackpool. We've won five of our last eight home fixtures, while Ipswich have only won one of their last six away fixtures, losing three. Odds are out of whack IMO and clearly set the way they are because of out predicament. Tuesday is being used by the local PFC supporters group as a kind of rallying cry to get the whole city behind the club. There's been a lot of recent talk in the papers about getting as many people to come down and support the club, so I would expect a bumper crowd and it should be a pretty highly charged emotional evening.[/quote'] It was interesting watching the Blackpool V Portsmouth game the other night as it was the first opportunity I've had to get a proper look at Pompey this season. Huseklepp and Futacs looked very lively upfront for you guys, particularly on the counter. Ipswich have traditionally been quite open this season (away goals: F21, A34) so perhaps those two can expose the tractor boys attacking mentality. I was wondering if you think these two geezers will keep their places V Ipswich even if Varney returns? One thing that does concern me is the recent change in fortunes for Paul Jewells side. The 5-1 thumping of West Ham has surely been a confidence boost. They just edged out Coventry at the Ricoh in the following game (2-3) and also didn't look too shabby in the 37 minutes against Boro. Pompey away should be a different kettle of fish as you guys are pretty solid at Fratton and I know all too well how a dose of footy financial meltdown can really unite fans behind the players and staff which boosts performances in turn. I don't see Ipswich winning this one, I'm currently considering the safer option of Portsmouth DNB @ 3/4 (Betfair)

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February I agree with Jase and Phantom - Portsmouth look very good especially at this price. They've been playing consistently well at home with 8 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. Ipswich's away form isn't this good - 4-3-8 - however, one has to admit that they have this factor of unpredictability about them - for example they beat West Ham at Upton Park and they came back from 2:0 down to beat Barsnley 5:3 when the hosts had had a run of 5 wins and Ipswich had had a run of 6 or so straight defeats. Maybe DNB is the better option. Another bet that screams value is Brighton - Millwall. Brighton are on the rise again and Poyet is happy that he's got the strongest side now after the transfer window. It's not just lip service as they haven't lost a match this year yet (6 league games) and won last three at home with clean sheets. Millwall have a bad away record (2-3-9) and out of last 10 league games they won 2, drew 2 and lost 6. Both teams like to play football based on possesion and passing and when two teams like this meet it's usually the case of the one with most skilled footballers winning. Recent record and league position suggest that it's Brighton, especially on home soil.

It was interesting watching the Blackpool V Portsmouth game the other night as it was the first opportunity I've had to get a proper look at Pompey this season. Huseklepp and Futacs looked very lively upfront for you guys, particularly on the counter. Ipswich have traditionally been quite open this season (away goals: F21, A34) so perhaps those two can expose the tractor boys attacking mentality. I was wondering if you think these two geezers will keep their places V Ipswich even if Varney returns?
Tough one. We'll have to wait and see. Depends on the fitness of all three....Varney's been out for a while, while the other two played of course on Saturday. Don't forget we have Benjani still. So, it depends on whether he chooses to mix things up a bit. I think tbh he'll stick with what we have, as our options are pretty limited, and why change a slightly winning formula.

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February I'd be going for Ipswich DNB myself. Team totally changed recently for the better concentrating on youth and pace. Only worry is a shakey defence which could cost us in counter attack. I actually think a draw would be fair result.

How current are those odds please?
:welcometo PL ls-217 The odds were current at the time this thread was opened (you'll see Jase created it at 19.10 yesterday evening). If you want the latest odds, just click on an individual match and the link will take you through to our Odds Comparison site. :ok

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Birmingham vs Hull - Under 2.5goals - 1.70 Stan James Birmingham play very tight at home and usually win by the odd goal, they have only conceded 6 at St Andrews and Hull are a side that struggle to score more than one in a game. I can see this ending 0-0 or 1-0 Strength - 4/5

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Brighton vs Millwall Brighton are currently top of the form table. They are undefeated since the start of the year, only picking up 1 draw in that run which was away at Peterbrough. They are playing some good stuff and in this case have put themselves back into the play-off picture. This game is so important for Brighton, I have read of fans saying this game is more important than their trip to Anfield on the weekend. If they win this, they are certainly back in the race for promotion and the players will certainly know of that. As for Millwall, they seem to only play when Darius Henderson plays. And being a one man team is certainly risky, their away form has poor reading with a sole win at Barnsley their only 3 points since their amazing win at Leicester way back at the start of November. They are not a good side by any stretch and I can see them going down at the end of the season. Both sides like to pass the ball around and neither rarely change their approach of this. And with that in mind surely the home side will have more of the ball and retain possesion, normally in the games where both sides do like to keep the ball and pop it round attractively the team who has the more cutting edge and better passers come out on top, this is indeed Brighton. Brighton to Win - Evens at Everywhere

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February AHughes - read my preview and spot the difference! ;)

Another bet that screams value is Brighton - Millwall. Brighton are on the rise again and Poyet is happy that he's got the strongest side now after the transfer window. It's not just lip service as they haven't lost a match this year yet (6 league games) and won last three at home with clean sheets. Millwall have a bad away record (2-3-9) and out of last 10 league games they won 2' date=' drew 2 and lost 6. Both teams like to play football based on possesion and passing and when two teams like this meet it's usually the case of the one with most skilled footballers winning. Recent record and league position suggest that it's Brighton, especially on home soil.[/quote']Following the above I have taken Brighton DNB in a double with Swindon DNB (reasoning in League Two thread) @ 2.59 with Sky Bet. I have also decided not to touch Portsmouth as Ipswich are too unpredictable now.

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Cardiff City vs Peterborough United The last time these two sides met in the Championship Peterborough edged it by one goal in one of their familiar high scoring games (4-3) . Coming into this game both sides will be looking to win the game i feel, Cardiff won't want to lose any more ground in the race for gaining an automatic promotion spot and Peterborough haven't won in 6 Championship games and they'll be looking to change that at the Cardiff City stadium. I think both clubs will be playing for a win here and that coupled with the fact that only 3 teams in the Championship have managed to stop Peterborough scoring on the road so far i'm going to go for BTTS @4/5 with SkyBet because i feel it is very generous so i will be placing a high stake on it!

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Birmingham City vs Hull City These two sides are up in the League and mainly cause they have both disciplined defenses. Nothing is random and hardly you score against them. The Blues conceded just 6 goals home. Only 3 matches of Hull have been over 2 goals in last 15 away matches. Last 4 matches of Hull away from home have ended with under 2 goals. Zigic and Marlon King will be assessed before the match. Expect at maximum 2 goals and in these conditions I must say 1.70 is a good price although is not 1.80 my minimum betting price. under 2.5 goals @ 1.70 with StanJames Bristol City vs Crystal Palace In last 6 matches between these two teams we can note 5 times a result of under 1.5 goals and once a 1-1. Bristol lost just once at home with the London team, winning 4 and drawing 3. The Robins scored so far only 5 goals in last 12 matches and only one time 2 goals in a match, in the 2-1 over Doncaster. Palace are not at all a good scoring side, scored just once 2 goals in 90 minutes, in the 2-0 win with Southampton in the League Cup, on 25/10/2011, 21 matches ago! I think that a 1-0 for Palace is great bet in these circumstances, but I also fancy a 0-0. The bookies seems to know that and that 1.65 for under 2.5 goals is not at all good for me. under 2 goals @ 2.06 with Pinnacle Sports Doncaster vs Blackpool No Billy Sharp as he went for the Saints, but still ambitious with a 0-0 to Hull City 2 weeks ago. Blackpool played continuously and this means they have a better fitness level. Just 1 win for Blackpool here, many draws, 50% of the games, but I think it is a class between these two and I expect the Tangerines to improve their record over Donny. Blackpool -0.25 AH @ 1.96 with Ladbrokers Cardiff vs Peterborough Great match here and a tricky one for sure. Win less in last 7 matches, the Posh are coming to play against a team that wants promotion. But if you look deeper you will see the Posh having just 1 defeat in last 5 away matches. Cardiff is also win less in last 4 matches, but they had serious matches in this period: the Saints, The Tangerines and Leicester. Expect a match with couple of goals and the both teams to score option is a great call @ 1.80 with Ladbrokers

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Brighton vs Millwall Millwall signs of improvement are visible, but here they will meet another in form team and I am not sure if they can handle with Poyet's team. Brighton can stick their nose in the PLay offs affair with a win and I think they are looking exactly for that. Millwall have Andy Keogh as striker and he might deputize for the first time from the first minute. Sparrow is suspended from Brighton. The great form that Brighton has pushes me to take with confidence this bet! home win @ 2.09 with Pinnacle Sports Derby vs Reading The Rams are in a "too-good-to-be-true" series of victories at home having 5 of the last 5 matches, not considering the 0-2 defeat against Stoke in the FA Cup. Reading are on 7th spot and they tend to get involved in the Play Off battles. Derby are not a threaten according to the history between these two as we can see many Reading victories against them. Reading will not have McAnuff, but Mills should play instead. Griffin and Cummings are out as they have been in last match (victory against Coventry), so Connolly and ex Leeds Crazy Gang captain Harte will play. Expect Reading to win here. Reading 0 AH @ 1.83 with Canbet Watford vs Leicester I am absolutely sure that the Foxes will fight till the last drop of energy for a Play off position. A good side in terms of players, not the greatest results as team expression. Reasons are various, but seems that Nigel Pearson will deal well with this ending part of the season. Watford are strong at home, but this will be a real test for them. The win over Cardiff must have been a real boost for the away side and I go for their win with high confidence. away 0 AH @ 1.71 with 188bet

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Portsmouth vs Ipswich This is a great match to bet on and I think suits best home win and over 2.5 goals. For this site I will choose the over 2.5 variant, but my bets will be the above options separated and combined. Portsmouth is not at all a team of overs especially home, they are not a very spectacular team that creates many chances, but are very hard to be defeated on their home ground. Ipswich hammered the Hammers and than made a thrilling 3-2 to Coventry. Good quality players although the chemistry is a weaker one. They haven;t played in last 2 weeks and that might not be great for them. I do expect an opened match from Ipswich and that should offer us some goals. over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 with Coral West Ham vs Southampton This not at all a fair price for a team that is second in tables versus a team that is on the first spot. The Saints won against Burnley and they tend to raise from their bad period they had with 5 win less games. The Saints will look surely to stay alive here and to consolidate their direct promotion position. Knowing Adkins philosophy pretty well I am absolutely sure he thinks to win here. In fatc the most spectacular team between these two surely the Saints team is. The only one that makes me fear is Nicky Maynard ... Elsewhere midfielder Nolan is suspended. Lambert and Sharp will be upfront and I think with Chaplow and Hammond behind we can see Southampton scoring and getting point(s) here. away +0.5 AH @ 1.71 with 188bet

AHughes - read my preview and spot the difference! ;)Following the above I have taken Brighton DNB in a double with Swindon DNB (reasoning in League Two thread) @ 2.59 with Sky Bet. I have also decided not to touch Portsmouth as Ipswich are too unpredictable now.
Hahaha! How Weird :lol

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Leeds DNB @ 8/11....Padraig Powers ....stakes 2/10.I took this price this morning but it's gone to 8/13 now.This doesn't mean Leeds will win as it's like playing Russian roulette betting on them at the moment.I tipped them away at Bristol City and they came up trumps.They seem to perform a bit better away from the pressure of Elland road.They are 6-4-5 away and Coventry are 5-4-6 at home.Of course the skye blues sold their top man to Boro during the transfer window and they also have a few injuries to contend with.They had 5 first teamers missing before Saturday and skipper Clingan and Wood were added to that list in their 2-0 loss at Reading. I think the Whites will have a bit too much firepower with McCormack, Snodgrass and Becchio.....

Re: England > Midweek Championship > 14th February Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest This isn't going to be a game for the footballing purists with both low scoring teams meeting on a chilly Tuesday night. Forest are a poor side in bad form. They're severely lacking goals and they've managed to recruit a few defenders on loan but haven't expanded on their strike force in the window which is leaving Cotteril frustrated. Forest seem to have a knack for losing to nil and have lost either 1-0 or 2-0 on 10 occasions this season. They have also failed to score in 9 out of their last 12 games in all competitions. They have the worst goalscoring record in the league with 0.79 goals per game. Middlesbrough are very tight at home and are expecting the return of defender and captain Matthew Bates who is returning from illness. 'Boro haven't been in great form and are missing a few key players, but they do have enough quality to see off Forest here. They also played well on both occasions vs Sunderland. 'Boro's last 6 home games have gone under 2.5 goals and 80% of their home games have gone under this season. So not expecting a great game but a low scoring contest in which 'Boro will gain the edge. Only going for smallish stakes but given the stats and form i think the odds on the correct scorelines here are the best bet, rather than a straight 'Boro win or under 2.5 goals. Middlesbrough 1-0 @ 7 Betfred Middlesbrough 2-0 @ 7.5 Betfred

AHughes - read my preview and spot the difference! ;)Following the above I have taken Brighton DNB in a double with Swindon DNB (reasoning in League Two thread) @ 2.59 with Sky Bet. I have also decided not to touch Portsmouth as Ipswich are too unpredictable now.
Really frustrating night with Brighton only drawing 2:2 - and they had to come back twice. Thankfully they did as the other part of the bet was good.

Cardiff City vs Peterborough United The last time these two sides met in the Championship Peterborough edged it by one goal in one of their familiar high scoring games (4-3) . Coming into this game both sides will be looking to win the game i feel, Cardiff won't want to lose any more ground in the race for gaining an automatic promotion spot and Peterborough haven't won in 6 Championship games and they'll be looking to change that at the Cardiff City stadium. I think both clubs will be playing for a win here and that coupled with the fact that only 3 teams in the Championship have managed to stop Peterborough scoring on the road so far i'm going to go for BTTS @4/5 with SkyBet because i feel it is very generous so i will be placing a high stake on it!
The words skin and teeth come into mind but i think Peterborough deserved the goal in the end