BBOTD Saturday 4th February

cpo

3.00 Lingfield Lockantanks 1pt win @ 7/1 VC Bet Having a look early for tomorrow as the other half is home for the weekend tonight so won’t be able to look at anything later on. One bet I think stands out tomorrow and I fancy having a max bet on him. I don’t have the balls to go straight win but I do think he will take plenty of beating. The horse in question is Lockantanks. I have backed him a couple of times recently and he has done me plenty of favours. He has won 3 of his last 5 races and showed last time out that he is still very much in form. That race came in a higher grade and was full of very decent animals. The race wasn’t run to suit but Lockantanks still ran a cracker to be beaten just over a length into 4th. A bigger field here should play to his strengths as he should get a decent pace to run at. He is a powerful traveller and has a good draw in 3. Even though he wasn’t beaten last time out, I still think there is improvement in him. He is an out and out miler and Lingfield suits him down to the ground. I think 7/1 is rather generous and I would have expected him to be favourite or at least closer to the head of the market. Prince of Burma takes a step up in grade and will find this much tougher than his couple of races. Amitola may be the pace angle in the race but I don’t see him being good enough. Numeral was a good winner last time out but he did get the run of the race that day and this is a step up in grade for him as well. He has been progressive since returning to the all weather and there could be more to come from him. Tarooq is the only other danger for me and he did manage to beat Lockantanks last time out. I expect my selection to turn the form around with that one here though as there should be a stronger pace in this race which will suit Lockantanks. To me Lockantanks is a stand out bet in this race. He is thriving at the moment and there should be more to come from him. Everything looks in place for him to run another good race tomorrow. He takes a drop in grade and I think he will take full advatange.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February *Arteus - Wolverhampton 2:40* Chris Catlin has been riding out of his skin the past few weeks so i am going to go for this horse Arteus to be given an enterprising front-running ride, string the field out and hopefully hang on at the finish. It had previously been a very successful horse for Jane Chapple-Hyam, then was with the Margarson stable and he could not even get a place out of the horse. So back the horse is with Jane again, and she knows how to win with this animal, it is a course and distance winner which is a plus and is very nicely handicapped, being 3 pounds below it's last winning mark. It was given a pipe-opener at Lingfield last time out, going off at 66/1 and trading as low as 5/1 in-running before running out of steam not far out. It should strup much fitter tomorrow and should prove hard to catch if fully tuned, which it should be. Jane is in terrific form with 5 winners from her last 12 runners, the last 2 runners she has sent to Wolverhampton have both won. Chris Catlin has won on 4 of his last 7 rides, prices of 2/1, 9/2, 8/1 and 20/1, he is riding very well. Should bounce out in front, and in my opinion may be hard to peg back this well-handicapped horse. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 VC BOG*

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February W3.15 Honey of a Kitten 0.5pt E/W 33/1 BetVictor BetVictor have this at a standout price so I'll grab it whilst I can (it's currently 16/1 in many other places). It's only run over this c&d once and that was one of its best performances so hopefully a return to the c&d will see a return to form. It's an interesting jockey booking in Jimmy Fortune and the trainer puts the visor on here for the first time. Fortunes strike rate here is phenomenal and nearly double that of most of the other jockeys in the race. As a result of several below par performances, the horse is 7lb lower than that performance over c&d but there are enough positives to argue that the 33/1 is worth taking a chance with.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 5.15 Wolves - McCool Bannanas - given a bad ride by Turner last time, Proper jockey takes over now and off same mark, big run expected. placed several times over CD including from bad draws. much better drawn in 5 here and should be able to stay out of trouble in this smaller field. bet 365, 9/4. 1 pt

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 14:00 Lingfield Waabel 9/2 Bet 365 BOG Didn't get the best of starts last time out but still finished a crediatable third and I feel it could go better tommorrow. 2 victories out of 9 runs over C&D the last of these wins was a year ago at a rating of 75. Rated 61 now and with the jockey claiming an extra 5lbs means that Waabel has an excellent opportunity to get back to winning ways

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February Mccool Bannanas - 5.15 Wolverhampton This horse is still a maiden after twelve races. Although it has not run without credit in some of the races as it has been placed in 5 races. The last of these coming over course and distance where it only lost by something like half a length. It will run under on the same mark as its course and distance second so it should go close again. Looks like there's been money for it as well... I'm sure it was 11/4 earlier... But I may have been looking at a different horse Mccool Bannanas win @ 9/4 Bet 365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 3.00 Lingfield - Titan Triumph 1pt win 7/1 bet365 Knight has been in good form of late , with 3/4 runners in last 2 weeks making top 2 with a further 4th. Titan Triumph was a 2nd placed nk behind Forefull Appeal just 7days ago over CD , pulled to track the runners at back of field and started to move coming round the final bend , gaining ground all the time and if poss kept a little closer to the pack should have a good chance of going close especially as the majority of the field like to be prominent or up with the pace that could set it up for Titan to close in final couple of furlongs and assert. even more convinced looking at penultimate run when similar tactics deployed , two fast finishers on outside just getting there on the line. Now rated 80 after going up 2lbs but last win was off same mark so not out of it it , i just hope Kelly gets it right but combined with knight they have a good s.r and last combination produced a win.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 15:00 Lingfield: Tarooq, 5/1 Bet365, 1pt Win Tarooq has been in decent form lately, finishing second in a class 2 event at Lingfield lto. He likes it around Lingfield with a record of one win and one second from two runs. Richard Fahey has a 20% strike rate over the last two weeks and hopefully Tarooq can keep his good form going.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February Hoping Ffos Las survives the weather and this one gets the go ahead: 2:45 Ffos Las - Oscar Whiskey - Back He really should be winning this if he is seriously trying to challenge Big Buck's in the World Hurdle in just a few weeks. Was an unfortunate faller when right in there with a chance 3 starts ago but since then he's bounced back with 2 straight wins and should complete the hat trick here. Only Starluck looks capable of making a race of it based on ratings but he tends to find one or two too good and will probably have to settle for 2nd here. The rest look to be fighting for the minor honours 1pt win @ 4/11 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February tarooq wolv 15:00 SP win this horse is a model of consistancy and hits the frame alot and does his fair share of winning . last time out he ran a C2 and beat the res of the feild 2 weeks out and 2nd by a neck leaving the likes of lockantanks in 4th a length behind . carrying a nce weight . trainers flying and interesting mount but one i thinks actulay quite tallented , stands a chance

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 205 Wolves – Gala Spirit – 100/30 - WH This horse appears to barely stay the 7f but todays race has a lot of trash in it and a repeat of last times effort should ensure that he goes close. Since joining Peter Niven he has finished a creditable 4th over a mile having travelled well before running down the field on the completely different Southwell surface. He then won off a mark of 50 easily with Hannagan up and cheek pieces on. They stayed on for his next run back at Wolves in which he was absolutely mugged on the line off 55 finishing 4th beaten less than half a length in total. 3rd on his last run at Kempton he met 2 very well hcapped horses and finished 2.25 and a further 3 lengths ahead of the 4th and 5th. This followed a 75 day break so it is completely possible that he will come on a little although I think he will go close regardless. On the downside, for some reason, the cheek pieces are off today but I didn’t overly see an improvement for them and will be with this one regardless.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 205 Wolves – Gala Spirit – 100/30 - Hills This horse appears to barely stay the 7f but todays race has a lot of trash in it and a repeat of last times effort should ensure that he goes close. Since joining Peter Niven he has finished a creditable 4th over a mile having travelled well before running down the field on the completely different Southwell surface. He then won off a mark of 50 easily with Hannagan up and cheek pieces on. They stayed on for his next run back at Wolves in which he was absolutely mugged on the line off 55 finishing 4th beaten less than half a length in total. 3rd on his last run at Kempton he met 2 very well hcapped horses and finished 2.25 and a further 3 lengths ahead of the 4th and 5th. This followed a 75 day break so it is completely possible that he will come on a little although I think he will go close regardless. On the downside, for some reason, the cheek pieces are off today but I didn’t overly see an improvement for them and will be with this one regardless.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 12.55 Lingfield Bet On Today´s Football At Bluesq.com Apprentice Handicap Cl6 7f MONADREEN DANCER 10/3 bog (Paddy Power) The opening race of this frozen Saturday seems a match between Monadreen Dancer and Crocodile Bay. Crocodile Bay beat 1/2L my selection over C&D ten days ago and thanks to the 3lb claim of Charles Eddery the 9yo trained by Richard Guest will run off 2lb lower compared to my selection since Crocodile Bay has been upped 3lb from that win (raced already lto with his new mark) so it stays on the same mark of that race with the adjusted figures while Monadreen Dancer has been upped 2lb for that second. The reason I'm going with Monadreen Dancer is that I saw in the horse more room for improvements (a lightly raced 4yo vs a veteran 9yo that achieved his 3rd career win on AW 10 days ago ending a 34-race losing streak). Monadreen Dancer is just a 4yo and with his trainer Daniel Mark Loughnane has made big steps forward in each start during this Winter campaign that started with a poor 11th 2 months ago and went on up to the nice second achieved last time out with a decent 5th in between. The horse shaped very well in the last furlong last time out and with the best apprentice jockey on board today I guess Monadreen Dancer has a very good chance to snatch his first victory (Raul Da Silva deserves all the 3lb difference with Charles Eddery who rode not so convincingly more than once imho). Batchworth Blaise is a triple course winner and a C&D winner but last win came in 2010 and his last efforts have been really poor even if today's mark is the lowest of the last 12 months. Cristaliyev is still maiden after 17 races and even if with blinkers on he reached the frame in a couple of C&D claimers it has a lot to prove to beat the main rivals today. Saucy Book is best watched imho making his debut for the new yard even if he has shown skills in the past and wears blinkers on for the first time today. Still it doesn't look his race and he probably needs a furlong less (1 win, 1 second and 2 thirds in his career on flat all at 5f and the same score on AW all over 6f). Graceful Spirit is another coming back after a very long break (241 days) and makes his debut for David Evans. He made the frame for Des Donovan in a couple of fast-ground races at Yarmouth but has plenty to prove after such a break. Kucharova collected a good 3rd here over 1m and last time out didn't stay at Kempton over 10f. Those were her first starts for the new yard and dropped back in trip she could improve but never looked a filly able to win (quite one paced even if still lightly raced and with a very good pedigree). All in all at these prices Monadreen Dancer with the best apprentice jockey of the race on (2 wins with his last 4 rides for Raul Da Silva) is my choice.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February Fairyhouse 2.05 Darwins Fox 4-1 Betfred (bog) Thought enough of to contest a Listed race on only his second start over hurdles, he won that race well, quickening up after the last. Disappointed back in novice Grade 2 company next time but had excuses. Has won previously after a long break.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 3.45 Wolves Penangdouble O One is on a very tempting mark now and the drop in grade here after a good run lto could do the trick. Also the reapplying of cheekpieces could also encourage a return to the form that saw him go very close a few races back. Has a very good jockey on board here who rides him for the first time and its interesting that there is some market confidence already this morning. 1 Pt win 9/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 16.15 - Fairyhouse - Rathlin 1pt win @ 8/11 - PaddyPower (BOG) Rathlin made all in a very convincing victory over C&D last time out and could follow up here today. The fitting of a tongue-tie seems to have worked wonders for Mouse Morris' 7yo who will be more than comfortable on todays heavy ground. The main danger will probably come from Banjaxed Girl who made a promising debut for her new yard on New Years Day however has subsequently fell lto so is worth opposing.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February

2.30 Lingfield The Wee Chief could be of interest, he has gone close and won on all seasonal reappearances but has never been the most straightforward individual and given he has been running in tongue tie and cheekpieves recently they have been left off which indicates he may need the run this time round. Diamond Vine didnt win with a lot to spare last time out and a 3lb rise leaves him needing to find more on that run and although won off higher marks hasnt looked anywhere near as good since but atleast in form. Chjimes finally cashed in on a career low mark over a trip that he probably struggles over these days should be well suited to the return to 6f only 3lb higher but needs everything to fall apart and a decent gallop to chase. This is defenetily the weaker of the 2 divisions with it hard to make a case for many of the other runners apart from Picansort who I tipped up last time out, he wasnt beaten far that day and this jockey gave him an awful ride he was travelling very strongly off a strong pace and he may be reliant on that again today, but he went up the slowest part of the track and never really got put into the race and not pushed hard, down another 1lb and now 4lb below last winning mark and looks danerously handicapped in this company if given a slightly better ride. 1pt win Picansort 6/1

VC

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 1.30 Fairyhouse: The Bosses Cousin (4/6 Hills, PP) Willie Mullins cant do much wrong at the minute so will side with his hurdling debutant in the firts at Fairyhouse. He was second to Crash on his bumper debut some time ago, that horse is now rated 128 over hurdles so if he's anything like that he'll take the beating here. Was disappointing next time out but something went wrong that day as he had over 18 months off after that, came back after the absence to win an ordinary bumper quite easily and now is well fancied to open his account over timber, poor price but solid enough as we know he will have been well schooled.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 1515 wolverhampton 1 pt win son vida 9/2 bet 365 not run for over a year, but was so impressive when winning only start, dont know if there was any problem since that run but i will be watching market if thers any support,and 9/2 may be a big price

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 2.00 Lingfield - Waterloo Dock - All five wins are here at Lingfield with four at this distance. He is taking a step up in class today and does need to improve, but he could be capable of progressing with conditons to suit. Lovat Lane, 3rd in Waterloo Dock's last race went on to win next time out. In the 12.55 here both Monadreen Dancer and Crocodile Bay are running, both finished ahead in Waterloo Dock's last race and potentially could frank Waterloo Dock's form today if placing or winning.

2.00 Lingfield: Waterloo Dock - 1pt win @ 8/1 William Hill (BOG)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 15.25 Kenilworth: Mystere @ 17/2 EW sportingbet 2nd career start for the filly. She was far beaten at here debut but ran on well in the closing stages and clocked a fast time for the last 2 furlongs. She has obviously a bit of ability and could be very much in the frame with epected improvement. It looks significant that former South African Champion Jockey F. Coetzee is booked for the ride. He's has a 35% strike rate for trainer Dean Kannemeyer who has his string in good order at the moment. It's Coetzee's only ride for Kannemeyer on the card, so Mystere must really have a good chance today. There is some money for her as well, as she was first 20/1 in SA and can be backed for as short a 8/1 now.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 2:30 High Voltage @ Lingfield - Has won at the distance before and wasn't far away in 7th last month at Wolverhampton.That was the horses first time running on the all weather and was after a 5 month break and a furlong more.Is 3lb lower in the weights than that run and can go well at a nice price for the trainer who only has a small stable. 0.5pt e/w @ 20/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February My original pick is off so: 4:05 Lingfield - Falcon's Reign - Back Ran a really good race on debut when 3rd. He was only beaten 1.75 lengths plus a short head that day but even more importantly the winner has won 3 times since. Falcon's Reign should improve for that and this looks weak so he should be able to score comfortably here 1pt win @ 1/2 Stan James

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 2.30 Lingfield - 1pt win The Wee Chief @ 12/1 (Bet365) Not the easiest horse in the world, but this represents a drop in class off the back of an absence of 226 days. Obviously that's a slight concern, but his record fresh is pretty strong, having had form of 144 after a break of 3 months or more - with both 4th placed finishes being less than 2l behind the winner. His last win came off this mark and was running well on turf in grade 4 handicaps when last seen. Has won on polytrack before and goes well here. The yard's representative Torres Del Paine has been running well and this horse might just cause a bit of an upset today.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 2:40 Wolv - Little Garcon Sole runner that Botti sends to the track today, and first time blinkered. Kirby and Botti have plenty of wins together, with 23 wins in 110 races over the past 365 days. Little Garcon is a previous course winner and past year sire stats point me towards a position in the first 3. Has raced in listed company. 16/1 ew bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February 4.45 Fairyhouse - Yeoman - EW 5/1 Lads Yeoman is an old favourite of mine. He's not getting any younger but he looks a solid option off bottom weight in this handicap chase. He has a nice pull at the weights with the favourite who beat him well lto so has a good chance of reversing the form. Luke's Benefit had a pretty tough race on Sunday so might not be as fresh as the other pair. Yeoman has form over further and on soft ground, so he shouldn't have a problem with conditions. Hard to see him out of the frame.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February MONASTRELL 4.15 Fairyhouse. 1 point win. Disappointed last time with pulling up, but reappears just several days later to suggest nothing is wrong. Before that showed a bit of promise over fences and if can build on that, then can make the favourite work hard today. Not much in this race as it stands and so we look the value bet. 10/1 Bet365 BOG