Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

Hi guys, 2 picks for me: ATP ZAGREB: YOUZHNY +1.5 GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT KARLOVIC @1.8 on pinnaclesports ATP VINA DEL MAR: BERLOCQ TO DEFEAT DELBONIS @1.46 on betfair As with my yesterday's pick on Garcia-Lopez, i have no idea why Youzhny is an underdog in this match. I think he is a better player than Karlovic and he has good return of serve to neutralize Karlovic's serve. Both matches between them finished with comfortable wins for Youzhny including Doha just 4 weeks ago and no reason for Karlovic to be the favorite even on fast indoors court. Delbonis is a young talented player with good game and an above-average serve but Berlocq is such a great clay court player - last 2 seasons he is a top 20 player on clay in my opinion.
No reason? Are you kidding me? He reached the 3rd round of the Australian Open and in the process beat Melzer 3-0? He served 70% first serves last round and is at home in Croatia? I'm not saying Karlovic is definitely going to win, but your logic is flawed, he beat Karlovic in some meaningless exhibition tournament in a tight 3 set tussle and your saying there's no reason for him to be slight favourite? BTW he was slight underdog, but the market moved.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February VTR Open Viña del Mar, Chile F. Gil to beat Chardy @ 2.58 Betfair Gil is on top of his form, went to 3rd round in Australian Open and now playing his favourite surface. He just said that he is playinng his best tennis ever and loves the conditions of this tournament. Last time both played, last year, also on clay, Gil beat Chardy.

ATP Montpellier- Simon vs Rufin - Rufin + 4.5 @ 11/13 Bwin 7/10 Rufin has really impressed me this week, he possesses a big serve and it has been on the money on both matches he has played. By beating too good players (Pospisil & Lopez) both in straight sets I think he deserves better respect than the 4.5-5.29 prices bookies are offering. Simon hasn't been in great form for over a year and despite a SF in Brisbane he fell in the 2nd round of the Aus Open to Benneteau after struggling past Challenger player Udomchoke in Rd 1. Simon doesn't possess a big serve and will give Rufin break chances, I really think it will come down to how Rufin serves, if he serves like Rd 1 & 2 he could win but i'm going to play it safe and back him on the handicap. Pinnacle haven't released their price yet so if you fancy following me wait until they do because they have Rufin at a high of 5.29 so the handicap should easily beat the price offered by Bwin.
Whooooooooooooooosshhhhhhh!!! Rufin covered the line despite falling apart in the 3rd set, tho in fairness it could easily have been a 2-0 win for the young Frenchman who won one & lost one tie break. Good day at the office!!

Whooooooooooooooosshhhhhhh!!! Rufin covered the line despite falling apart in the 3rd set' date=' tho in fairness it could easily have been a 2-0 win for the young Frenchman who won one & lost one tie break. Good day at the office!![/quote'] I took that in running when he was down 2-1 in the first set going with serve, 11/10 I got, £39 staked, healthy profit for me there, good call, I was thinking about doing it and you reaffirmed my faith.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Gil vs Chardy I will go against the dropping odds. Do not understand why Chardy is the favorite, expect that I suspect an arrangement. These guys have played 4 times and last time Gil won. All the 4 matches had 3 sets or more. Expect 3 sets in this one and personally I believe Gil will win! over 2.5 sets @ 2.38 with PaddyPower

fail with Nieminen - Monfils overs' date=' and i stupid followed.. -_-[/quote'] You followed yes you did, YOU followed, no one else asked you too, the tips on this particular thread are hitting more than 60% from the people that are tipping, way to sound ungreatful simply because you followed a wrongun.

Howmany set points did the ugly' date=' lanky Croatian need? FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote'] B*lloxs! ****** cost me treble win of £226 :wall Still sitting here thinking 'how the f**k did he lose that match?' Just can't believe my luck in this tennis betting,sooooo f**king frustrating.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February One for me today, small stakes. Juan Monaco (-3) to beat Albert Montanes @ 1.88 with Pinnacle Monaco was on fire against Andreev, broken in his first service game but crushed the Russian easily after that. Montanes is an aging force for me, way too many strange results lately, losing to Riba on hard for example. This handicap should be closer to the 4 games line imo and I just cannot see Monaco losing here. He is stronger off both wings and should get plenty of support as well.

One for me today, small stakes. Juan Monaco (-3) to beat Albert Montanes @ 1.88 with Pinnacle Monaco was on fire against Andreev, broken in his first service game but crushed the Russian easily after that. Montanes is an aging force for me, way too many strange results lately, losing to Riba on hard for example. This handicap should be closer to the 4 games line imo and I just cannot see Monaco losing here. He is stronger off both wings and should get plenty of support as well.
I agree with this bet, but why should he get plenty of support?

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February [TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Svetlana Kuznetsova - Carla Suarez Navarro [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Carla Suarez Navarro [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 04/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Bwin @ 4.75 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] I see a suprise here. Svetlana Kuznetsova is a favorite but I have no doubt that Carla Suarez Navarro is able to beat Svetlana. Kuznetsova is not in great shape. What is worth noting, Carla Suarez Navarro won the last match against Kuznetsova. It was two years ago on hardcourt in Indian Wells. Carla Suarez Navarro won in three sets. It is not easy to play against her. For exaple she won one set against Kvitova at Australian Open this year. What is more she led in the third set. Her backhand is really dangerous. She plays great in rallies and for me odd at bwin too high! [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Berrer to bt Youzhny @3.26 Pinnacle Was praying for plus money for Berrer in which case I was ready to jump on it imediately. I was astonished by 3.26. Berrer leads H2H 1-0 (Moscow 2007 on I-hard), was twice in the finals here including the last year, has solid serve and solid shots. On the other hand, Youzhnyi is erratic as hell and was lucky today to get past dr.Ivo. I expect Berrer not to collapse the way Ivo has today. IMO the price will drop dramatically in hours to come. GL :hope

One for me today, small stakes. Juan Monaco (-3) to beat Albert Montanes @ 1.88 with Pinnacle Monaco was on fire against Andreev, broken in his first service game but crushed the Russian easily after that. Montanes is an aging force for me, way too many strange results lately, losing to Riba on hard for example. This handicap should be closer to the 4 games line imo and I just cannot see Monaco losing here. He is stronger off both wings and should get plenty of support as well.

FacebookTwitter

page7?p=2107975

FacebookTwitter

page7?p=2107975 I was contemplating going for it but went in hard after the whole South American stuff you were going on about. Bloody nerve jangling stuff, really wish I had gone harder on Monaco @ a set down. Oh well.... around about a £100 profit, can't complain really, especially as I was only going to go in light until I read your post after the crowd support. I don't think it made much of an impact in the end tbh but you were the reason I went in with over £300 on the line, so thanks.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Vina del Mar ATP - Berlocq vs Chela - Berlocq to Win @ 9/10 with Stan James - Stake - £41 Okay you might say there is barely anything seperating these two on clay and I would agree with you, granted both of them were performing to their peak levels, Chela, right now, is not performing anything near his peak level. He is scraping through these matches by playing the big points well. Souza should have beaten him, but the bloke was cagey and extremely tight on match points. Berlocq is a guy that doesn't let chances get away from him often and I can see him over-coming an ageing Chela in this one. Chela has also consumed a lot more energy than Berlocq in the last week. He had a long drawn out battle with Zeballos even though it was only two sets and a mammoth marathon against Souza. Berloqc has not lost a match on clay in over half a year, granted most of those matches were challengers, he still beat some half decent opposition. http://www.tennisinsight.com/match_preview_activity.php?match_id=172444402&player=1&activity=2 Berloqc also to note plays the most tournaments by any single tennis player on tour in a tennis calendar, the bloke has stamina in abundance, Chela will need to produce time after time after time, I see lots of breaks in this match, but in the end, only one winner. Confidence stake: 8/10

Montpellier ATP 250 - Nieminen vs Monfils - Over 21.5 games @ 17/20 with Uni Bet - £41 Monfils is a clown, lets be honest and he regularly clownishly gets his way through matches in closely scored fashion, the dude really should be blowing away most of his opponents, but he just doesn't know when to play aggressively, if he did it all the time, he'd be fine, but nah, he does it just enough that he gets taken to tie breaks. Now, Nieminen is no push-over, atleast especially not in this form, the dude is on absolute FIIIIRE and he may very well beat Monfils, however for me to put a decent stake, I'd rather be on him using + handicap or overs market. Both players possess aggressive potent serves, well Monfils when he's not being a clown.... and both players are comfortable at the net. I believe Nieminen's clutch play and perseverance in rallies will set him well in this match and I can only see an extremely tight contest. The line is stupidly low let me say! Confidence stake: 8/10
:unsure Was never going to come off, Monfils was playing to consistently well and it was because of the crowd support. I should have anticipated a much more professional and well polished display performance from the flamboyant French man ... sorry to all those whom followed.
Zagreb ATP - Karlovic vs Youzhny - Karlovic to Win @ 11/10 with Stan James - Stake £71 Going with the home dude here, Karlovic served 70% first serves in his last match and he beat Melzer in straight sets at the Aussie Open. Youzhny is a head-case and I see him spraying errors all over the place, he also doesn't have a defence either, you need some sort of defence to realistically get a consistent play on Ivo's serve, otherwise how are you going to break? You are not. Confidence stake: 7/10
:@ :wall Should really have won and would have won had Karlovic taken one of the umpteen set points he had in that first set, in the end it came down to a tie break decider, a toss of the coin and Youzhny took it, kind of gutted in the end as I had this as a single and as part of a treble which would have come off had Karlovic finished his man off as he was given the opportunity to in that first. Again, apologies to all those whom followed.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Zagreb ATP - Lukas Lacko vs Marcos Baghdatis Lukas Lacko to Win @ 2/1 with Bet Victor - Stake - £41 (But doubled with Monfils @ 1/2) Come on now Lacko has been in scintillating form in recent months, blowing away players on part with Marcos's standard, if not higher. He's so clutch its unbelievable and the sort of shots he can pull off is equally as unbelievable, the guy has talent and is finally relinquishing his talent. He is not consistent and a remarkable shot-maker, whereas both he was just only shades of consistency with the shot-making stunts. Lacko beat Baghdatis in the first round of Wimbledon on grass in four sets, quite comprehensively in the end and the grass is not to dissimilar in terms of speediness with the trajectory of the ball when it bounces to indoor surfaces. Not only that but Lacko wasn't half the player back then as he is now. Marcos struggled to close the match out today against Dodig who can't play from the back of the court to anywhere near the same standard and intensity Lacko can. Confidence stake: 6/10

Berrer to bt Youzhny @3.26 Pinnacle Was praying for plus money for Berrer in which case I was ready to jump on it imediately. I was astonished by 3.26. Berrer leads H2H 1-0 (Moscow 2007 on I-hard), was twice in the finals here including the last year, has solid serve and solid shots. On the other hand, Youzhnyi is erratic as hell and was lucky today to get past dr.Ivo. I expect Berrer not to collapse the way Ivo has today. IMO the price will drop dramatically in hours to come. GL :hope
Just to save me posting the tip, I echo every word you've said here, I'd make Berrer favourite for this one, Youzhny came through on not only luck but also the get out of jail cards he could play in persistently peppering the Karlovic backhand and I have a better backhand than Karlovic. Berrer has a strong solid backhand that can create angles and what not, should be tight but I see Berrer being more clutch in those crucial moments and coming through. Confidence stake: 6/10

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Lacko +3.5 games vs Baghdatis @ 1.90 (Bwin:3pts) Gonna go with Lacko again here, tipped him against Haase yesterday and also had him as a dog vs Bogomolov(which I didnt get time to post) but it's been an interesting week for him. Conditions suit him well, he's serving well, playing attacking tennis and I would at least expect him to play a competitive match against Baghdatis. I favour the handicap because we are getting into the tight portions of the draw with players trying to reach finals, Lacko has always been a player with a good game but mentally at times he just hasnt been as strong as others. So I'd probably favour Baghy if it went to a 3rd or tight two sets but Lacko is playing well enough to really get at him I think. Youzhny vs Berrer OVER 21.5 games @ 1.75 (Bwin:3pts) Like the look of the overs here, I can see a tie-break at least and possibly 3 sets tbh. Berrer loves it in Zagreb reaching the finals in the last 2 years, he's beaten Ljubo, and Melzer this week, the serve is working well and he does like these indoor conditions. Youzhny also loves indoor courts and he'll see this as a great chance to reach the final now, he was lucky vs Karlovic in that 1st set, really should have been put to bed there. Would set the line at 22.5 games here so willing to play this one. Monfils (to bt Simon) x Monaco (to bt Chardy) @ 2.040 (Pinnacle:2pts) Couldn't find any handicaps I like here so just gonna double these bad boys up. Monfils has a losing head to head with Simon but my only concern here is whether Gael remains fit for the match. He surely has to win this one, Simon is in swift decline these days, conditions suit Monfils well and he's playing good tennis this year bar that Kukushkin match, seems to be attacking better at the right times. Simon will hope for a Monfils implosion, get balls back, but I dont think it will be enough today. Watching him against Rufin, he seems a couple of levels below what he was 3 years ago for example. Also have to favour Monaco to take Chardy down. The Frenchman is having a good week beating old grinder Prodon, Leo Mayer and Gil all in 2 sets, but Monaco is a step up from all them I think and has taken out dangerous Andreev and Montanes. Moves brilliantly, good on both wings and doesnt make loads of errors. Chardy has the advantage on serve and has a massive forehand but he's a headcase, goes walkabouts, makes tons of errors, hasnt happened this week yet but Monaco has the consistency to frustrate him I think.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Berdych vs Kohlschreiber over 21.5 games @2.13 Pinnacle Berdy huge favourite here, but I seriously doubt he wipes off Kohli in two easy sets. I did bet under 20.5 in Berdy's match against Mahut. There was a moment I felt uneasy in that bet and namely when Mahut broke Berdy in the 2nd set and took 3:0 lead. But Berdy then regrouped and took 5 games in a row (which was to be expected against a player of Mahut level) and the bet came through. Now this is not going to work against Kohli. This man is in good shape this season (took a set off Nadal in Doha this year and in this tournament he sent packing the home player Gasquet). Kohli fires aces all over and is really tough to break. Berdy leads H2H massively, but none of the matches has been played on indoor or grass - the best Kohli's surfaces. IMO the line just one game higher than against poor Mahut is way too low. GL :hope

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February ErlichJ/RamA-BaghdatM/MYou-1 1,55 stake:10/10 bagdatis and youzn1 of this before the match has SINGLES erilch Iram while resting and relaxed they will be greeted with this uigraniji are opposed to that advanced previously dvvojice first time playing together