** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

ATP Zagreb Indoors 250 - Dudi Sela vs Andreas Beck - Andreas Beck to Win @ 6/4 with Paddy Power - Stake £40

Andreas Beck is in another league to Dudi Sela on indoor hard surfaces and this was highlighted with his form in the closing end to last year. A, Beck is better under pressure and almost always serves solidly, regardless of his winning form. Sela on the other hand was knocked out in the very first round of the Australian Open by the one dimensional clay courter Thomas Belluci. Reason Sela has the bookies faith is predominantly due to the fact he leads the head to head with a meaningless straights set victory in a challenger in Nottingham on grass. Sela got absolutely battered by Stebe at the Challenger Tour Finals, whereas A, Beck was unlucky to lose to Stebe in the final in a tight tussle losing in the end 5-7, 7-6, 7-6 Can't see anything but a win for Andreas in this one.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Burnie Challenger: Ze Xhang vs Vishnu Vardhan "Vishnu is the future of Indian tennis" said Paes! Vishnu played well in Davis Cup despite the loss against Nishikori, won 40 matches in 2011 on hard and lost just 15. He had 5 match points with Dodig, but in the end lost the match few weeks ago. Zheng is one of the best in CHina, won 22 and lost 18 matches on hard surface. I think the experience is much more with Vishnu and I favor him to win this match! Vishnu Vardhan @ 1.85 with bwin

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February ImLovinIt, good reasoning there mate but what does £40 mean as far as the stake goes? £40 out of what? A bit hard to gauge your confidence with a money value without knowing what the maximum is that you will risk. 40 pound/points out of 100 means something. 40 pound/points on its own means nothing.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Thread looks a little empty and as I've done my reading, I'll chip in with some outrights and some match bets for those who are looking for some involvement tomorrow. Outrights first... Gael Monfils to win Montpellier Open- 4/1 Ladbrokes- (2/10) E/W Think this could be a good week for the Frenchman and he has every chance of taking the trophy here. Some decent quality on show over in France with the big 4 if you like; Berdych, Gasquet, Simon and Monfils. Now barring any unexpected results, it should really be those 4 guys in the semis as there's very few guys in the field who could cause an upset. Monfils' draw up to that point will probably see him face Mannarino, who doesn't have the weapons to deal with Monfils and then Nieminen, a guy who the Frenchman has a 100% record over as he beat him twice last season. In the semis as I've mentioned it will probably be Simon, or it could be Lopez if the Spaniard beats him but in both of those matchups I'd fancy Monfils as a big favourite. Simon really didn't do anything indoors last season and the conditions don't suit him too well whilst Lopez only has his serve with little else to cause problems so from his half of the draw, Monfils really should be looking to reach the final minimum. If he gets there, more than likely it will be with Berdych although there are a few potential banana skins in that top half. If he faces Berdych, Monfils has the game to beat the Czech and with the crowd behind him, I think he has every chance. The Frenchman's record indoor last season was very impressive with a title win in Stockholm to his name, and fully rested from his third round exist in the Aussie Open, I'll back the man with clownlike antics to win here this week. Ivo Karlovic to win Zagreb Open- 8/1 Ladbrokes- (1.5/10) E/W Alex Bogomolov Jr to win Zagreb Open- 10/1 Ladbrokes- (1.5/10) E/W Taken a couple over in Zagreb as well with one in both halves. First of all is the Big Croat in the top half who will have the home support here. Zagreb traditionally brings surprise results and the home players do alright, seen last year with Dodig taking the title. The big man did well in Melbourne, beating Melzer and remaining competitive against Federer in the third round and in this conditions, it's a mighty task to create chances on Karlovic's serve, let alone breaking him. There's nobody superb to stand in the way of him here, and the likes of Youzhny and Ljubicic are certainly beatable for Karlovic. With the home support and that mighty serve he has, I fancy him to go well in his home tournament. Bogomolov is my pick from the bottom half and is less fancied purely because Baghdatis is in this bottom half. However whether he has recovered enough mentally from the Aussie Open to win a pretty small event I'm not sure. He usually doesn't play his best stuff in the smaller tournaments without the top players and Bogomolov is quite capable of beating him. Dodig is another seed that will play Baghdatis before Bogomolov so there's a chance he may not face the Russian in any case. Bogomolov hasn't anything that should test him until the quarters, potentially against Haase but he's short of matches and Bogomolov beat him in Sydney a few weeks back and he'll fancy his chances there. I've spoken about Baghdatis and with given Bogomolov's decent draw, I'll take a small punt on him and I'll hope he can make up for that agonizing loss to Llodra last week.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Few match bets as well. Doing these quickly as I want some sleep :lol Daniel Brands vs Andreas Seppi- Over 21.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Line looks a little low to me. Seppi's been in the better form this season as Brands hasn't won a match but in these conditions, he should be able to hold serve for the majority given the power of it. A tie break somewhere in the match or a couple of tight competitive sets should cover the overs here. Nikolay Davydenko (-3.5 games) to beat Stephane Robert- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Not my favourite player to back the Russian but he should have enough here to win comfortably. The Frenchman was easily beaten by Nishikori in Melbourne and doesn't have the game to really trouble anyone in the top 50/60 or so. Davydenko hasn't won a match this season but fancy that to change here after that Aussie Open shock defeat. He hammered Robert in their only previous meeting and I'll hope he does the same again. Matthias Bachinger (-4.5 games) to beat Izak Van der Merwe- Evens Bet365- (3/10) The German is a level up from the South African, who has already been beaten by a couple of really average players this season. Bachinger ran Troicki close in the first set set Doha and was decent against Sweeting in the slam and should have more than enough to win this one. Potito Starace vs Lukas Lacko- Over 21.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Line looks on the low side again. Quick conditions in Zagreb and both should be holding serve relatively comfortable for long periods. Neither are the greatest returners in the world as well so wouldn't be surprised to see a tie break or 3 sets in this one. Ivan Ljubicic (-4.5 games) to beat Karol Beck- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Usually would take this handicap with much higher stakes on Ljubicic in this matchup but given he has only played the one match this season, best to be cautious. He's a few levels above Beck though who has really struggled this season and been hammered by guys ranked much lower than Ljubicic. The Croat only made the second round here last year so will be looking to pick some ranking points up and he should beat Beck with some to spare. Gilles Muller to beat Florian Mayer- 11/8 Blue Square- (3/10) Odds look a little high to me and would have these two a lot closer. I fancy Muller though and despite having a poor start to the season, these conditions should really suit him. With his serve and the quicker courts, it plays right into his hands and he could surprise a few people this week. Mayer hasn't played for almost a month now and he won't be able to settle into any sort of rhythm against Muller. He beat Gasquet and Petzschner last season indoors which shows he can deliver the goods and I fancy him to win this one.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Kunitsyn vs F, Lopez- F, Lopez to Win 2-0 @ 3/4 with youwin - Stake £60 Lets be real, can Kunitsyn really take a set of Felly? Nahhhhh, he would struggle to take a set off the bloke on a clay never mind indoors. F, Lopez is more talented in general, but on top of that their forms have been so contrast, Felly made a respectable 4th round at the Aussie Open and definetely showed his worth for being in the top 20 now. Kunitysn's had a run of severe bad form and I wouldn't expect an inform Kunny to squeeze a set of Felly playing like this and I certainly am not now.. Feliciano isn't getting broken and he'll make enough good returns and chip and charges to the net to break the Russian. Confidence rating: (9/10)

ATP Zagreb Indoors 250 - Dudi Sela vs Andreas Beck - Andreas Beck to Win @ 6/4 with Paddy Power - Stake £40

Andreas Beck is in another league to Dudi Sela on indoor hard surfaces and this was highlighted with his form in the closing end to last year. A, Beck is better under pressure and almost always serves solidly, regardless of his winning form. Sela on the other hand was knocked out in the very first round of the Australian Open by the one dimensional clay courter Thomas Belluci. Reason Sela has the bookies faith is predominantly due to the fact he leads the head to head with a meaningless straights set victory in a challenger in Nottingham on grass. Sela got absolutely battered by Stebe at the Challenger Tour Finals, whereas A, Beck was unlucky to lose to Stebe in the final in a tight tussle losing in the end 5-7, 7-6, 7-6 Can't see anything but a win for Andreas in this one.

It looks like quite even match up and i don't think that odds which favour Sela are because of his win on grass last year, but because of back injury, which Beck suffered during Australian Open and couldn't play vs Federer in second round. I went to his website and he was receiving some treatment last week, but he is now in Zagreb and eager to get started. Maybe you have some more info about his injury? Nevertheless you should choose a bookie in which match will be voided if injury occurs.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February ATP Zagreb Evans vs Bohli Bohli is a solid player with a solid serve and will meet a guy that is staying pretty well in terms of morale as he got many wins lately. But Bohli experience should be at his best and I think we can see a match ended with under 22.5 games! under 22.5 games @ 1.72 with bet365

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February De Voest vs Chiudinelli Chiudinelli showed good service and De Voest showed problems on returning when facing a good serve provider. The score between these two old guys is 1-1, but the matches are long time ago. Both guys are over 30 years, but I think Marco can win today. I see him fresher than his opponent is! Chiudinelli @ 2.50 with bwin

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February ATP Zagreb Bachinger vs Van der Merwe Bachinger will try to end quick this match and his main weapon is the serve. vand er merwe is from South Africa, palced on 118 ATP, but nothing special for his 195 cm. Expect Bachinger to have an easy match! under 21.5 games @ 1.80 with betsson

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Bolleli vs Teixeira In Montpellier we have a tough match between two players that are not able to win matches quickly. Both are having good serves and have problems on returning, especially against this type of player that can serve strong. therefor we can easily have 3 sets in this match! over 22.5 games @ 1.90 with bet365

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Starace vs Lacko Both these guys have good serve and both will have problems in breaking serve to another. I favor here a Lacko win. But a much better priceyou get when you go on AH in favor of Lacko. He impressed me in Melbourne and I think is much better than this Italian. Lacko -4 games @ 1.85 with Nordicbet

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February One final one for me that I didn't put up last night. Price has dropped over night though. Robin Haase vs Kristijan Mesaros- Over 18.5 games- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) Haase is the far better player but the local Croat players have a tendency of doing alright in Zagreb. Dodig won here last year and this tournament throws up some surprising results. Now I'm not saying Mesaros will win or anything, but on these quick courts, I'd fancy him to remain competitive for a set and that could cover the line itself. He took a set of Kubot in qualification for Wimbledon so he's clearly not useless and with these strange happenings in Croatia, I'll back him to keep it tight for a while.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February M. Bachinger (h-3, 5)-Van De (30.01. 13:10) 1 1,50 Lacko L.-P. Starace (30.01. 13:10) 1 1.30 Course: 1,950 stake:2/10 What about provome pair: Matthias Bachinger German, born 02-Apr-1987 ... prefers playing on hard, has a very strong service, in good shape, although the drop in advanced previously in the tournament second round of pospilsa .... currently the on 89 mijestu ATP rankings this year are expected to be progress in the top 50 ... And now a few words about Izak van der Merwe-jušnoafrikanac, 84 year, in very bad shape, there is a srevu, prosijecan player that says place 114th in the ATP rankings. second match: Area where you will be playing in Zagreb, definitely fits much better Lacko game, while the old man has a poor record on hard courts in Carrer. He is known for his slow play and build up points wise, but I do not think it will have too much time to think under pressure from the big picture of basic Lacko.uz to lacko in great shape and arrived at the school where trecek confessions of hope. ....

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February You lads never stop do you......:lol Just gonna play a small double myself, card doesn't look too appealing today, or at least there's enough reasons for me to completely overlook certain matches. Seppi (to bt Brands) x Bachinger (to bt Van Der Merwe) @ 1.635 (Pinnacle:3pts) Seppi's results in the opening rd of this event a few years back would concern me a little bit, hope he's here to really play this time. Definitely a winnable match against an average player like Brands. Guy is all serve, quick conditions in Zagreb but he's still not a good player and his serve can desert him. Seppi should be too solid from the back of the court. Bachinger has done reasonably well in recent months, solid player with a good serve. Van Der Merwe has been awful for a while, some of his results have been terribly bad tbh. Would expect Bachinger to come through with a bit to spare in this one.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February [TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Guillaume Rufin - Vasek Pospisil [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Guillaume Rufin -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 30/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Bwin @ 5.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] First of all Guillaume Rufin plays at home. He is a young player. Vasek Pospisil isn't a great player so I don't understand why we can see odd like this for Guillaume Rufin's win. What is more they played a three years ago and Rufin won in two sets. It was in Bytom. Guillaume Rufin destroyed Vasek Pospisil 6-3 6-1. Undoubtedly Vasek Pospisil possesses strong service, that is his advantage. His favourite surface is hard. I think Guillaume Rufin feels better on clay but he has chances here. Pospisil takes part in the tournament for the first time. It is not very important tournament for him. I think Guillaume Rufin is able to win 2-0. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Ljubicic vs Beck Ljubicic has a bombing serve but is very weak when returning. He rarely wins in 2 sets, but against a very weak opponent on hard surface should be able to break the serve twice. I think will have a short match here and a win for the Croatian which is playing at home! under 21 games @ 2.00 with 5dimes

Gilles Muller to beat Florian Mayer- 11/8 Blue Square- (3/10) Odds look a little high to me and would have these two a lot closer. I fancy Muller though and despite having a poor start to the season, these conditions should really suit him. With his serve and the quicker courts, it plays right into his hands and he could surprise a few people this week. Mayer hasn't played for almost a month now and he won't be able to settle into any sort of rhythm against Muller. He beat Gasquet and Petzschner last season indoors which shows he can deliver the goods and I fancy him to win this one.
Price on Muller dropping heavily all over the place, you would be lucky to still get him at evens!

One final one for me that I didn't put up last night. Price has dropped over night though. Robin Haase vs Kristijan Mesaros- Over 18.5 games- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) Haase is the far better player but the local Croat players have a tendency of doing alright in Zagreb. Dodig won here last year and this tournament throws up some surprising results. Now I'm not saying Mesaros will win or anything, but on these quick courts, I'd fancy him to remain competitive for a set and that could cover the line itself. He took a set of Kubot in qualification for Wimbledon so he's clearly not useless and with these strange happenings in Croatia, I'll back him to keep it tight for a while.
It used to be so in 2009 and 2010, but last year, in R1, 11 out of 12 matches were won by favourites. Something you don't see very often, so I'd be cautious with statements about surprising results :-)

It used to be so in 2009 and 2010' date=' but last year, in R1, [u']11 out of 12 matches were won by favourites. Something you don't see very often, so I'd be cautious with statements about surprising results :-)
A surprising result would be the Croat troubling Haase a little. Not saying he'll win or come close in the end hence the overs and not the handicap.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Santiago Giraldo vs Leonardo Mayer Giraldo is in a good form and can win here in 2 sets without problems. Djokovic, Almagro and Simon are the name of the players that won against him this year, everyone else being defeated quickly! Expect another display in force from him here and a long torunament as he is the favorite no 6. Giraldo -1.5 sets @ 2.23 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Volandri vs Joao Souza Their last meeting was in Bucharest last year and Volandri won 2-0 due to a bad service of Joao Souza. He still hasn't improve much in that aspect and also has a poor returning. Volandri hasn;t the best serve, but his return is good. Both players are liking this surface, but I will go for the experience of Volandri which is huge comparative with young Souza. It is the first match for both this players on clay, but I favor a straight win for the Italian. The Italians let me down today, hope that Volandri will win my bet! Volandri -1.5 sets @ 2.47 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February De Schepper/Martin tb. Cipolla/Elgin @ 2.20 with Paddy Power De Schepper / Martin are already having 2 wins and 2 defeats together. The defeats were at the limit, just 1 break difference! Both players are good servers and are facing players that are not so good on service and returning. Cippola is the best on returning than all the others, but I do not see this a great vantage. Cippola and Elgin haven't played on doubles since now, so I think they will lose this match.

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Robin Haase - Kristijan Mesaros [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Robin Haase -5.5 games (Asian-handicap) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 5/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 30/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Pinnacle Sports @ 1.80 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Kristijan Mesaros plays at home and in my opinion it is only advantage for him. He is a poor player. Robin Haase likes play on hardcourt, especially indoors. He possesses strong service. What is more, he plays great in rallies so I see many opportunities to break opponent's serve. Robin Haase played in the quarterfinal in Zagreb 4 years ago. Then he was very young. For me Kristijan Mesaros is no name. His favourite surface is clay so I think he has no chances indoors. Handicap -5.5 games seems to be good option. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Daniel Brands - Andreas Seppi [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] over 21.5 games [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 5/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 30/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Bet365 @ 2.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Andreas Seppi is a favorite in this match. He played very good tennis in the last season. For instance he played in the third round at ATP Paris Masters, defeated Querrey, Davydenko or Nicolas Almagro. In this year he won one set against Roger Federer at ATP Doha. He plays well - good service, his forehand is dangerous. For me here may be over 21.5 games. Daniel Brands likes play on this surface. What is more he can hold his serve, plays many tie-breaks. Brands won Helsinki challenger in the last year on this surface. Undoubtedly he can play on high level. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Santiago Giraldo - Leonardo Mayer[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Santiago Giraldo -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 30/01/2012[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Pinnacle Sports @ 2.20[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Santiago Giraldo is a big favorite for me here. I like his style. He can play offensively, hit ball strongly. He likes play on clay. Giraldo showed great tennis at Australian Open - won match in the first round in three sets but in the second waited Novak Djokovic. Giraldo won 6 games, in the first set was really close to make surprise. Leonardo Mayers's favourite surface is claycourt and it may be close match but in my opinion Santiago Giraldo made big progress and he should win in two sets. Odd is really good at pinnacle sports - worth trying.[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Volandri vs Joao Souza Their last meeting was in Bucharest last year and Volandri won 2-0 due to a bad service of Joao Souza. He still hasn't improve much in that aspect and also has a poor returning. Volandri hasn;t the best serve, but his return is good. Both players are liking this surface, but I will go for the experience of Volandri which is huge comparative with young Souza. It is the first match for both this players on clay, but I favor a straight win for the Italian. The Italians let me down today, hope that Volandri will win my bet! Volandri -1.5 sets @ 2.47 with Pinnacle Sports
;)