** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February I have no idea man, challenger standard players are more erratic than the top 80 players... I have learnt that, I backed Mitchell as well, on two basis's, one he's the home boy and two he beat Duckworth, who has had a brilliant last few months.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February De Schepper K./Martin F. tb. Hanley P./Murray J. @ 2.90 with betway Can't believe the odds for this one. These two French guys, De Schepper/Martin are playing the 6th match together and seems they are doing it great. The are good servers and know each other very well. The other pair is much better ranked pair, but they are not at all in form these days. I think we are going to see a much better French pair in this match and the guys are going to win match!

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Baghdatis vs Kubot Kubot is serving very good these days as we can see from the stats with Viola: 93%. Baghdatis is a good player when returning, but I do not think he will be such a brave to win in 2 sets. He had problems with Rosol which also served well and I think will see another long match! over 2.5 sets @ 2.75 with bet365

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Lacko tb Bogomolov @ 2.15 with bwin Fancy a win here for the Slovakian as he is really on form this year and he wants more and more from him. He has a good height, powerful and precise serve, managed to hit 13 aces against Starace, while his returning seems slightly improved. Bogomolov is not having a great serve, but is good on returning. Agisnt powerful servers always had problems and I see no different here.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Berdych vs Serra Berdych is a serious player and a defeat here or 3 sets are out of discussion. But he can surely have some problems here, against Serra which is not that bad recently. Expect a tight first set and expect Serra to resist and win 3-4 games. 9-10 games in the first set @ 2.00 with bwin

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Mayer vs Mahut My logic here is simple: if Mayer will win, will do it in 2 sets. If not, he will lose this match. Mayer is clearly the favorite in this one and I think he is going to build his form for next grand slam tour after the problems he had in Brsibane. He needs no stop now and will win against Mahut in 2 sets as he did previously. Mayer -1.5 sets @ 2.62 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Hi guys, 1 pick for me for the ATP Zagreb later today: GARCIA-LOPEZ +3 GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT DODIG @1.88 on pinnaclesports Having watched those two players a lot of times, I have no idea to why Garcial-Lopez is an underdog in this match (the odds on him winning the match are 2.75-2.8) - I think he is a better player than Dodig on all surfaces except indoors and they are at the same level indoors where Dodig's big serve is a real weapon.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

Hi guys, 1 pick for me for the ATP Zagreb later today: GARCIA-LOPEZ +3 GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT DODIG @1.88 on pinnaclesports Having watched those two players a lot of times, I have no idea to why Garcial-Lopez is an underdog in this match (the odds on him winning the match are 2.75-2.8) - I think he is a better player than Dodig on all surfaces except indoors and they are at the same level indoors where Dodig's big serve is a real weapon.
They're both pretty miserable last weeks or maybe even months. It could go either way. No bet for me.

Montpellier ATP 250 - Mahut vs F, Mayer - Mahut to Win @ 6/5 with Paddy Power - Stake £50 Florian Mayer had a streaky 2011 where in he pulled off some remarkable wins, one notably off Nadal, however the bloke is very much the sort of player that plays well and turns it on when he can be bothered and when it suits him. So far this year he hasn't looked at all bothered in any way, shape or form.. I watched his match against Giles Muller and Muller had umpteen chances to break him in the first set ... i tuned in @ around 5 all in the first and when it got to 6-5... Giles got ahead @ 0-40 and had 3 set points. Florian did nothing spectacular to save those set points, it was more the ridiculous stupidness from Giles that got him out of the deep end. Giles Muller imploded against Kilzan in his match prior to that losing to Kilzan from being 6-1 up in the first set tie break. The point I am making here is Florian is the type of erratic player that will present most player's of decent quality chances ... right now, the fact he's shown to not care by acting lathargic and very "oh well" .. leads me to feel he's going to present double the amount of chances he does on an average basis. Mahut is not really one to choke or spurn opportunities, he's very much a clutch player, he has the French crowd on his side and will be wanting to do his every best to make a note-able impact in this homeland tournament. To summarise, whilst I feel Florian possesses more talent, Nicolas just plays those big points better for me, Florian is much the opposite and is renound for choking on the big moments. Might take a tie break, but I see Mahut prevailing in the end. 7/10 in the confidence stakes.
Celebraaaaaaaaate good times, CMON! :nana :nana :moon :cow:clap

ATP Zagreb Indoors 250 - Dudi Sela vs Andreas Beck - Andreas Beck to Win @ 6/4 with Paddy Power - Stake £40

Andreas Beck is in another league to Dudi Sela on indoor hard surfaces and this was highlighted with his form in the closing end to last year. A, Beck is better under pressure and almost always serves solidly, regardless of his winning form. Sela on the other hand was knocked out in the very first round of the Australian Open by the one dimensional clay courter Thomas Belluci. Reason Sela has the bookies faith is predominantly due to the fact he leads the head to head with a meaningless straights set victory in a challenger in Nottingham on grass. Sela got absolutely battered by Stebe at the Challenger Tour Finals, whereas A, Beck was unlucky to lose to Stebe in the final in a tight tussle losing in the end 5-7, 7-6, 7-6 Can't see anything but a win for Andreas in this one.

Lost, injury probably proved a little too much in the end.
Kunitsyn vs F' date= Lopez- F, Lopez to Win 2-0 @ 3/4 with youwin - Stake £60 Lets be real, can Kunitsyn really take a set of Felly? Nahhhhh, he would struggle to take a set off the bloke on a clay never mind indoors. F, Lopez is more talented in general, but on top of that their forms have been so contrast, Felly made a respectable 4th round at the Aussie Open and definetely showed his worth for being in the top 20 now. Kunitysn's had a run of severe bad form and I wouldn't expect an inform Kunny to squeeze a set of Felly playing like this and I certainly am not now.. Feliciano isn't getting broken and he'll make enough good returns and chip and charges to the net to break the Russian. Confidence rating: (9/10)
Oh yeah, just, played shit, but the serve carried him threw in the end.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Vina del Mar ATP - Zeballos vs Chela - Chela to Win 2-0 @ Evens with Paddy Power - Stake £41 Chela is in a completely different league to Zeballos on general surfaces, but on clay, its a different planet! Chela is a seasoned pro, he knows the tricks of the trade and the ways of keeping your nerve in crucial situations during a match. Zeballos's best surface is clay and that's pretty much why the bookies are leaving a straight sets victory open for half decent odds. However, the bloke is a choker, regularly, the guy is his own worst enemy, he regularly makes a 5 course meal of rather rubbish players on clay and even sometimes loses to them. He has not a great deal of composure, unlike the veteren Chela who has bundles of it. Chela is solid off both sides, forehand and backhand and dictates play on clay like none other, Zeballos will offer up many opportunities and Chela as he always does will make his opponent work really hard to resurrect the situation they've put themselves in, in being break point or break points down. The head to head might be 2-2 but Chela has won 2 of their 3 meetings on clay, both of those 2 being their most recent meetings and IN STRAIGHT SETS in 2010 and 2011. All but a brain fart from Chela, this should be a comprehensive straight sets victory for the Argentinian. Confidence stake is 8/10.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Chela? You mean the same Chela that one year ago in Acapulco (clay) was steamrolling Schwank 6-3 5-1 just to lose 5 games in a row from that point and retire at 6-3 5-6 Ret? LOL. This guy is lazy as hell. I am not saying he is not going to kill this Zeballos character, but Chela is on my blacklist.

Montpellier ATP 250 - Mahut vs F, Mayer - Mahut to Win @ 6/5 with Paddy Power - Stake £50 Florian Mayer had a streaky 2011 where in he pulled off some remarkable wins, one notably off Nadal, however the bloke is very much the sort of player that plays well and turns it on when he can be bothered and when it suits him. So far this year he hasn't looked at all bothered in any way, shape or form.. I watched his match against Giles Muller and Muller had umpteen chances to break him in the first set ... i tuned in @ around 5 all in the first and when it got to 6-5... Giles got ahead @ 0-40 and had 3 set points. Florian did nothing spectacular to save those set points, it was more the ridiculous stupidness from Giles that got him out of the deep end. Giles Muller imploded against Kilzan in his match prior to that losing to Kilzan from being 6-1 up in the first set tie break. The point I am making here is Florian is the type of erratic player that will present most player's of decent quality chances ... right now, the fact he's shown to not care by acting lathargic and very "oh well" .. leads me to feel he's going to present double the amount of chances he does on an average basis. Mahut is not really one to choke or spurn opportunities, he's very much a clutch player, he has the French crowd on his side and will be wanting to do his every best to make a note-able impact in this homeland tournament. To summarise, whilst I feel Florian possesses more talent, Nicolas just plays those big points better for me, Florian is much the opposite and is renound for choking on the big moments. Might take a tie break, but I see Mahut prevailing in the end. 7/10 in the confidence stakes.
good call pal. cheers

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February any thoughts on Nieminen - Mathieu match? I fancy 2,70 on Mathieu, cause the fin lost a set from the unknown Teixeira the other day and the odds dont seem too fair.Has the french man any chances?I read the PL tipping page and it says that PH Mathieu is in comeback trend.He plays in home ground so?opinions?

any thoughts on Nieminen - Mathieu match? I fancy 2,70 on Mathieu, cause the fin lost a set from the unknown Teixeira the other day and the odds dont seem too fair.Has the french man any chances?I read the PL tipping page and it says that PH Mathieu is in comeback trend.He plays in home ground so?opinions?
Can't really see it man, I believe there's value in overs though, although I wouldn't be suprised if it ended 6-2, 6-2. He hasn't played for two years prior to a month back, he got here through a wild card cause he isn't even ranked. He's not even played any challengers, Nieminen has been in sic form recently.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February ATP Montpellier- Simon vs Rufin - Rufin + 4.5 @ 11/13 Bwin 7/10 Rufin has really impressed me this week, he possesses a big serve and it has been on the money on both matches he has played. By beating too good players (Pospisil & Lopez) both in straight sets I think he deserves better respect than the 4.5-5.29 prices bookies are offering. Simon hasn't been in great form for over a year and despite a SF in Brisbane he fell in the 2nd round of the Aus Open to Benneteau after struggling past Challenger player Udomchoke in Rd 1. Simon doesn't possess a big serve and will give Rufin break chances, I really think it will come down to how Rufin serves, if he serves like Rd 1 & 2 he could win but i'm going to play it safe and back him on the handicap. Pinnacle haven't released their price yet so if you fancy following me wait until they do because they have Rufin at a high of 5.29 so the handicap should easily beat the price offered by Bwin.

Vina del Mar ATP - Zeballos vs Chela - Chela to Win 2-0 @ Evens with Paddy Power - Stake £41 Chela is in a completely different league to Zeballos on general surfaces, but on clay, its a different planet! Chela is a seasoned pro, he knows the tricks of the trade and the ways of keeping your nerve in crucial situations during a match. Zeballos's best surface is clay and that's pretty much why the bookies are leaving a straight sets victory open for half decent odds. However, the bloke is a choker, regularly, the guy is his own worst enemy, he regularly makes a 5 course meal of rather rubbish players on clay and even sometimes loses to them. He has not a great deal of composure, unlike the veteren Chela who has bundles of it. Chela is solid off both sides, forehand and backhand and dictates play on clay like none other, Zeballos will offer up many opportunities and Chela as he always does will make his opponent work really hard to resurrect the situation they've put themselves in, in being break point or break points down. The head to head might be 2-2 but Chela has won 2 of their 3 meetings on clay, both of those 2 being their most recent meetings and IN STRAIGHT SETS in 2010 and 2011. All but a brain fart from Chela, this should be a comprehensive straight sets victory for the Argentinian. Confidence stake is 8/10.
Wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :nana :) :cigar

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Montpellier ATP 250 - Nieminen vs Monfils - Over 21.5 games @ 17/20 with Uni Bet - £41 Monfils is a clown, lets be honest and he regularly clownishly gets his way through matches in closely scored fashion, the dude really should be blowing away most of his opponents, but he just doesn't know when to play aggressively, if he did it all the time, he'd be fine, but nah, he does it just enough that he gets taken to tie breaks. Now, Nieminen is no push-over, atleast especially not in this form, the dude is on absolute FIIIIRE and he may very well beat Monfils, however for me to put a decent stake, I'd rather be on him using + handicap or overs market. Both players possess aggressive potent serves, well Monfils when he's not being a clown.... and both players are comfortable at the net. I believe Nieminen's clutch play and perseverance in rallies will set him well in this match and I can only see an extremely tight contest. The line is stupidly low let me say! Confidence stake: 8/10

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Zagreb ATP - Karlovic vs Youzhny - Karlovic to Win @ 11/10 with Stan James - Stake £71 Going with the home dude here, Karlovic served 70% first serves in his last match and he beat Melzer in straight sets at the Aussie Open. Youzhny is a head-case and I see him spraying errors all over the place, he also doesn't have a defence either, you need some sort of defence to realistically get a consistent play on Ivo's serve, otherwise how are you going to break? You are not. Confidence stake: 7/10

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Robin Haase vs Lukas Lacko Lacko is very in form, he simply destroyed yesterday Bogomolov, 6-0, 6-7, 6-1 has a great serve and returns pretty good. Haase had a weaker start of this year, but in the end he managed here to win against Mesaros and Bachinger. Lacko should win as he likes the long rallies, he is fast and always attacks. Lacko @ 2.01 with Pinnacle Sports Berdych vs Mahut Berdych is the favorite no.1 in this tournament and started yesterday extremely well, 6-0, 6-2 with Serra. He will meet now a guy that knows how to serve and I think will be a much tougher match. I think that first set will be a strong one, although an early break will settle the things out. 9-10 games in the first set @ 1.87 with bwin Nieminen vs Monfils When these guys met before we had overs here: 7-5, 3-6, 6-2, 7-5, 7-6, both matches went in the Monfils way. He is the favorite, but not for 1.30 odds. Both these matches have been played last year, both on surface Indoor hard like here. Monfils is bombing from his first serve and that is his main weapon. He also returns well. Nimeminen has a good second serve also and from these characteristics we will see a balanced match. Over 2.5 sets @ 2.75 with bet365 Youzhny vs Karlovic Two guys the know how to serve, but Karlovic has clear problems in returning. He served 20 aces last time against the Russian player and in the end lost the match. Youzhny won the other match between them also and Karlovic served 11 aces. Youzhny showed quality here and will to win this tournament therefore I think he will find the proper tools to win against Ivo. Youzhny @ 2.06 with Pinnacle Sports Gasquet vs Kohlschreiber These two are very solid tennis players. Always problems instead for the German when met the French guy, but always ready to win a set. Might be a stronger and more in form player the Frenchman these days, but Kohlschreiber is also in form and will fight here to win. Will see a spectacular match in 3 sets. Over 2.5 sets @ 2.62 with bet365

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Berdych vs Mahut under 20.5 games @2.04 Pinnacle Mahut did never beat Berdy, althouth their two mutual matches are rather old to be of important significance (2008 and older). Mahut has got big serve and home crowd support, but, frankly, Berdy is completely different league. I would not support Berdy in a relatively low importance 250 event, but this tournament is a preparation for CZE vs ITA Davis cup next week that will be played on the similar surface in Ostrava, Czech Republic. Berdy is not going to tamper with his own confidence and will beat Mahut in two straight sets. GL :hope

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February ATP Zagreb: Lacko to bt Haase @ 1.926 (Pinnacle;4pts) Like Lacko's chances in this one, he is playing well in the last couple of weeks, had a super run at the Australian Open, winning 3 qualifiers, then beating Ljubicic and Young to reach the 3rd round before falling to Nadal. The conditions in Zagreb seem to suit him well, served very well in beating Starace and Bogomolov, 19 aces over the 2 matches only broken once. Still not convinced Haase is playing that great right now, the Bachinger match really could have went either way, he was broken 4 times and Bachinger actually won more pts over the match. Doesnt seem like he was too great against Mesaros in rd 1 either despite a comfy scoreline. I'd give the edge to Lacko on form, happy enough with the price.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Hi guys, 2 picks for me: ATP ZAGREB: YOUZHNY +1.5 GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT KARLOVIC @1.8 on pinnaclesports ATP VINA DEL MAR: BERLOCQ TO DEFEAT DELBONIS @1.46 on betfair As with my yesterday's pick on Garcia-Lopez, i have no idea why Youzhny is an underdog in this match. I think he is a better player than Karlovic and he has good return of serve to neutralize Karlovic's serve. Both matches between them finished with comfortable wins for Youzhny including Doha just 4 weeks ago and no reason for Karlovic to be the favorite even on fast indoors court. Delbonis is a young talented player with good game and an above-average serve but Berlocq is such a great clay court player - last 2 seasons he is a top 20 player on clay in my opinion.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Well day off work today so have had a bit of time to look at things and I’ve found a fair few bets that I like the look off. All on a minimal one unit stake. In Montpellier Nicolas Mahut vs Tomas Berdych – Over 19.5 games 1.73 at bet365 Given the two previous H2H and Mahut’s decent ability on this surface (and home advantage of course) I think this line is set a little bit too low. In the previous to matches between the two both have gone over, with Mahut keeping things very close, particularly in the first set. If he can do that again here then this bet should be a winner. Mahut has won or gone over this game line in matches on indoor hard surface against the likes of Ferrer, Ferrero, Tomic, Tsonga, Soderling and Murray within the last year and so is pretty useful on these courts and has already shown his ability in this tournament with a couple of impressive wins. Whilst Berdych may have the overall quality to get the win, I don’t see it being easy for him. Jarko Nieminem vs Gael Monfils – over 21.5 games 1.78 at Bwin Nieminem is a pretty solid player, decent on this surface and should be able to keep things tight against the erratic Monfils. Indeed he has done in both H2H, both of which were on this surface and in the last year. Those matches had 29 and 25 games in them and I see no reason why this one can’t go over this games line either. Richard Gasquet vs Phillip Kohlscrieber – Gasquet to win 2-0 2.0 at Ladbrokes Well for me Gasquet is the superior player in this match up and that’s a fact back up by a 2-0 H2H record in the Frenchman’s favour. I can see nothing but a Gasquet win here so the question is how straightforward it will be and the odds are decent enough for me to back the 2-0 win. He played well against Davydenko and if he can carry that momentum plus the fans backing in this match then it will be a tough task for Kohlscrieber to break him down. I don’t think it will be a thrashing but Gasquet should be able to take his opportunities when presented to him. Also like the look of a couple in Zagreb Mikael Youzhny vs Ivo Karlovic – Youzhy to win 2.0 at bet365 I remember seeing Youzhny priced at about 8 or 9 at the beginning of the tournament to win this event and almost took that bet and in hindsight I wish I had. He was on the easier side of the draw and with top seed Ljubicic now gone, it’s opened up well for him and I think he has the tools to reach the final for sure as long as he can keep his head. Today he’s up against the big serving Karlovic and whilst he has been using that weapon well this event with 70% first serves in his match up, in the 2 previous H2H’s Youzhny has been able to cope with the serve and won on both occasions, so I fancy him to grind out the win here as well. The concern always over Youzhny is that he can lose concentration but he’s been reasonably professional in his first couple of matches at this event and is still relatively fresh at the start of this new season so I’m hopeful that not too many problems should arise. Lukas Lacko vs Robin Haase – Lacko to win 1.91 at Ladbrokes Total agree with IAmGooner that Lacko is playing some great tennis right now and will be buoyed by a good performance at the Aussie Open and 2 impressive wins against higher ranked opponents here. I see these pair as overall pretty even in quality but momentum can be important in tennis and as Lacko has the edge in that regard then I think he can get the win here. Lacko also leads the H2H 1-0. :hope