BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012

335 Lingfield – Emerald Wilderness - 7/2 BOG VC 2/2 over CD and an amazing 6 wins and 6 places from 13 runs on British AW venues. 3 times a winner from 4 rides for Eddie Ahern. He claims that the horse pulls up in front but I’ve not seen much evidence of that on his last 2 visits to the track. Was going very, very easily 2/3f out last time and I am sure he can defy the 5lb raise having once been rated 101.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 *Little Josh - Cheltenham 2:35* Had had a long break this horse, but shows it runs very well fresh when winning at Carlisle in October 2010 , then the following month went to Cheltenham and won the Paddy Power Gold Cup, and it beat Long Run fairly comprehensively that day, a superb run from the front and was not for catching. If it could bring that form to the table tomorrow, it would have a very good chance of filling a place. It has course form, we know it stays up the hill no problem, we know it runs well fresh. It has a record of 8 wins from 16 races, an incredible 50% win strike rate. This is an ultra-competitive race and it could well mean Little Josh could be well out of its depth here, but at the price it is worth an e/w bet. Diamond Harry, Midnight Chase, Time For Rupert and Tidal Bay should all go well, i feel Captain Chris is a poor price as we dont know if it will stay this far so ill stick with Little Josh e/w. *0.5 Points e/w @ 22/1 Hills BOG*

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 D3.55 De Boitron 0.5pt E/W 20/1 Bet365 This horse hasn't been setting the world alight of late, but it follows the same pattern every year in that it only shows anything like its true form in the first few months of the year. Ferdy Murphy is also known for having slow starts to the season with a view to making them better handicapped leading up to Cheltenham time. He puts Graham Lee on board and the horse has been dropped a couple of pounds by the handicapper. The horses runs over the years from Jan-March reveal that the horse is rarely out of the frame and this looks a good e/w shot at a nice price.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 3.20 Leopardstown Silent Creek 1pt EW @ 18/1 Coral Silent Creek finished 6th in this race last year off a 1lb higher mark but is much better off at the weights with a few horses that finished ahead of him that day. He has been in consistent form since that race and won on his last start of last year. On his first outing this year he finished a good 4th behind the progressive Seabass and then finished 3rd last time out at Navan behind Jack the Bus. I have a feeling this is the one they have trained him for and they have put on a good 7lb claimer to take even more weight off his back. He get's almost 2 stone in weight from last years winner Rare Bob and I think he has a cracking chance.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 14:35 Cheltenham Midnight Chase Win (7,00) VictorChandler The 10 year old got a great record on this track. He won four of seven runs and are generally a great jumper. There are some very strong horses in this field, but i doubt that Time For Rupert, Diamond Harry and Captain Chris could out run and jump Midnight Chase as the odds suggests. Midnight Chase had tow rather disapointing runs in a row but both where of a soft/heavy ground. He prefer a slightly faster going, which he will get at Cheltenham. Midnight Chase recent form. 1-1-5-F-3 The jockey Costello are among his regular jockeys. He won 11,9 % of his runs at this track.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 Bit of a monkey this one as he RR last time out at Dundalk over a trip of 1m 4f Don't know much about the Jockey & cant find any info on the going so unsure on that too. His best effort was on the AW back in June at Kempton park and that day he was only about 6L behind the well thought after KEYS at that time with the Roger Charlton yard now with N.Henderson. Even this 4yr old starting is a gamble but i always like to give the benefit of the doubt, just my way sometimes. Its a massive field of 26 runners and i have him down as having as good a chance as any in this line up, well if he runs. Leopardstown 13:10 - Tarkeeba. 0.5 e/w bet @ sp ​Have a nice weekend.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012

3.35 Lingfield Licence To Till is a useful AW and turf performer perhaps a 1lb or 2 better on the AW and mark reflects that. He remains 6lb above last AW winning mark (2 wins have come at Dundalk) but does have fitness to prove now on the back of a break but a yard can usually ready them if they want too and in good form but will need a career best. Junoob has been well placed this winter winning 2 claimers on the AW before finishing 2nd on a CD listed event, handicapper took a harsh view of that with a 5lb rise in the handicap. Was a comfortable winner of a 4 runner condition event last time out but probably needs a career best back in handicaps but does remain unexposed on the surface. Sunset Kitty has continued her good form on this surface for new yard recently but this demands more in a much stronger race off a 3lb higher mark and stepped up 2f in trip may just find her out this time. Greyfriarschorista is 15lb higher than his last win on this surface, still well treated on the very best of his form but well below par last time out reportly bled that is the concern here today not just mentally on him but also should he bleed again and looks a risky option. Emmas Gift looks to need everything to fall right which hasnt happened recently in lesser affairs, will need to step up on those efforts from a 1lb out of the weights and in a stronger grade. Tinshu was a winner of that said Listed event where Junoob ran 2nd. Had previously won a handicap before that but found a 11lb rise in the weights too much when 3 lengths behind Emarald Witness. 5lb better off with that rival today but unlikely to prove enough here. Emarald Witness has returned to something like his best recently winning his last 2 success's and looks good value for the hatrick in this race. Has previously won off this mark and was a comfortable winner last time out having travelled strongly throughout just off a decent pace before quickening up smartly without being asked too many questions to record a comfortable success and 5lb rise in the weights for that doesnt look excessive in any way and in his current form he is the one they all have to beat. 5pt win Emarald Witness 11/4

VC

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 3:40 Cheltenham - Big Buck's - Back Pretty unoriginal but I've napped him a number of times and he's never let me down yet and I'm not about to stop napping him now. I feel privileged to be able to say I've watched this horse at his peak as he truly is a 1 in a million. He's won 14 in a row and remains unbeaten in his career over hurdles. Given that most of those races have been at Grade 1 level, that is a truly staggering feat. He was seemingly made to work by Dynaste lto, but in fairness as soon as Big Buck's really got into top gear, he brushed him aside fairly easily and had him along way back in 3rd in the end. He's beaten all of todays opposition before pretty comprehensively, and although Mourad looks the one for the forecast, it's nigh on impossible to see any of them reversing form with the brilliant Big Buck's here 1pt win @ 1/4 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 HIGH STORM (16:15) is a huge price in this contest and although Hinterland looks a strong enough favourite, it’s a fair ask for him to win a race like this with the relatively small experience he’s had. High Storm will need to bounce back from a poor run in the Tolworth Hurdle but he had excuses that day and the handicapper has relented somewhat in light of it, I’m actually really confident of a cracking effort as long as there’s no more rain (not forecast) and even at these big odds, he’s worthy of a good bet. Rebecca Curtis trained, and showed a fair amount of promise in Bumpers. Needed his debut over hurdles but really caught the eye on his second start in this sphere, finishing 4th in a race won by Prospect Wells. Although beaten 7 ½ lengths, he was a big eyecatcher, and almost certainly would have finished a fair bit closer to the winner had he been given a more positive ride, instead of the likely “education” that occurred. His subsequent start was very creditable either, probably being caught out by the sharp Bangor track when being beaten by Distime (now rated 126). He was in receipt of 5lbs then but he looked almost certain to improve once granted a slightly stiffer test. After bombing out on soft ground, he ran an absolute brilliant race in first-time cheekpieces over C&D behind Darlan, whose obviously gone on to frank the form. Although certain things can be said about Darlan having not been fully wound up, it was still a taking enough performance by High Storm, as he battled right the way to the line and any sort of replication of that effort, would see him go mightily close today I feel. The way that race panned out might not have suited, as they slowed up mid-way through and it was a effort worth notching up a few lbs on the bare form. Originally allotted a handicap mark of 130, he was pitched into the Tolworth Hurdle which took place on soft ground three weeks ago. The cheekpieces were discarded and he never really travelled throughout, a combination of the soft ground and the removal of the headgear likely contributing to the poor effort. He wasn’t the only one to disappoint on that surface, so he’s most definitely worth another chance today. Although I wouldn’t be so keen to tip him up running in this contest off a mark of 130, the handicapper has dropped him 8lbs and he also has the assistance of Brendan Powell, who is excellent value for his 5lb claim and a strong jockey booking. The likely decent pace should suit High Storm, as he’s been shaping like a stiffer test will suit and he obviously can perform here at Cheltenham. I think he’s easily capable of running to around a mark of 130, which off effectively a rating of 117, means he’s well-handicapped in my book. Alongside this, he’s absolutely huge value at his current 25/1 odds, as I’d almost be keen to still be backing him at 9/1. Even though there are obvious dangers, such as Hinterland who is able to receive 11lbs due to his age, I’d much rather oppose him especially in a race like this as it might just come a bit too soon. Module is an unknown quantity and it’s difficult to know how good he is on his French form, and his mark on the face of things looks fair. Art Professor is at least extremely genuine; having won over last year’s renewal but might not be open to a great deal of further progression off his current mark and 6’s is fair. Dare Me is talented, but after 450 days off the track, it’ll be a fantastic training performance for him to win here, and in a race like this, it’s difficult to see him do it. Overall, I’m very hopeful of a big run by High Storm, who I think is well-handicapped off his current rating with a talented 5lb claimer only helping to ease the burden. Rebecca Curtis is amongst the winners and this 25/1 price is ridiculous, and worthy of a decent investment. 16:15 Cheltenham - High Storm; 1pts @ 25/1 Ladbrokes (bog)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 2.05 Chelt - Woolcombe Folly - win at 12/1 Skybet I've got a shocking case of seconditis on the AW so am looking at the jumps for a change This horse looked like making up into a top class two miler last year and went off 3rd favourite for the Queen Mother but he wasn't up to the task, as he hadn't been the previous year. This looks more his level and he appears to have been crying out for a step up in trip having been outpaced in his last few runs at around 2 miles. He's won here a couple of times and acts on the ground Nicholls runs 3 in this handicap and Walsh is on Aeriel. I don't know if Walsh ever picks the wrong one but Ryan mahon claiming 3 lbs looks an able deputy and has won on the horse before. I expect the odds on Woolcombe are bigger than they should be because walsh has got on the other horse ?

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 sorry for short write up ive got to be up in an hour or wto so need some kip ! BIG BUCKS , cleve hurle cheltenham SP simply want to get off my bad run , not much in the way of value but simply a different class of horse and nothing in this feild will beat him , run off best mark , incredible run of wins , ruby on board , goes on any ground , fellas time to remorgage the house

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 2.50 Doncaster - 1pt win Wymott @ 18/1 (Hills) Posted this before his Sandown run:

3.10 Sandown - 1.5pts e/w Wymott @ 12/1 (Ladbrokes) Donald McCain's string are in good form at the moment and I think this represents a good chance to put Wymott back on the racing map. A very progressive horse over hurdles and fences, this fella has won 6 out of his 13 career starts and looked a staying chaser to follow prior to the Cheltenham festival last year. An injury prevented him from performing in the RSA and that run can safely be ignored. He did prove he was still a classy animal when returning in the Hennessy and ran a cracker to be 6th of 18 on that occasion. With natural improvement for the run, he was a well-fancied 2/1 favourite on bottomless ground at Haydock last time out. However, he was ridden with restraint - something which doesn't seem to bring out the best in his qualities. He's more of a galloper and he had little chance picking up under those tough conditions. I expect him to bounce back here under a more positive ride and a repeat of his Hennessy run will see him go close here.
Even though he was well held in the end, he shaped with so much more promise on this occasion. After a slow jump at the second, he jumped most of his fences pretty well. A couple of errors down the back on the final circuit cost him a little bit of momentum also, but it was a decent effort. He travelled well on the whole and looked a big threat. However, he, and other prominent racer The Knoxs fell in a hole, and those outpaced came past them late on. Only the third-placed horse could keep going at any sort of pace so it seems that they went a yard too quick in front. Sandown wouldn't be this horse's ideal track either and a course like Doncaster should be more up his street. He does still have his quirks, though, with his high head-carriage, and he can jump left and/or right during his races. The blinkers are reached for today which could be the making of him should he react positively. He does have a bit of a mind of his own seemingly, but he's a talented horse and if given a positive ride today he can go well at a fancy price. The fact Brian Harding is 0-40 at the track is a concern, but hopefully there's nothing in that statistic. Whilst on the topic of statistics, no horse has won with more than 11-2 on their back in this race in the last eight runnings, and that is the exact weight that my selection carries today. Strictly speaking, that would rule many out of the race. However, the race attracts higher-quality horses nowadays, but is still worth a mention. Of those carrying a relatively low-weight, he's fairly high up in the betting. It's a bit of a gamble with this tricky customer, but he's no forlorn hope here.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 1.30 cheltenham CARPINCHO - I've been very impressed by the way this fella jumps, and in a 16 runner novices handicap chase around Cheltenham jumping is going to be tested and it is the toughest test most of these novices have faced, wasn't a bad hurdler rated 137 by the end of 2011 season finishing off 9th in the grade 3 at aintree. Still has potential to improve past his mark of 130 in my opinion so rates a decent bet in a trappy race. 1pt win 10/1 laddys, 365

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 2.50 Doncaster Sky Bet Chase (Handicap) (Listed Race) (formerly the Great Yorkshire Chase) Cl1 3m FRUITY O'ROONEY 20/1 bog (Boylesports, Victor Chandler) Amazing race with most of the 16 runners standing a good chance but at these prices I can't miss Fruity O'Rooney. First a quick a look at his opponents. Shalimar Fromentro beat my selection 5L one year ago but in that 3-runner race Fruity O'Rooney tried to make all the race and was forced by the odds-on favourite (Nicky Henderson-trained Peveril who had a fatal fall at the last) to up the tempo in the final stages and consequently weakened badly in the straight and was overtook by Shalimar Fromentro who never jumped so well and was never looking to be a threat for the two. Shalimar Fromentro is the baby of the race (aged 6 and the others are at least 8) and so it's still open to a lot of improvements but in such a big and high quality field I rate his jumping issues to come out soon or later in the race and after that win at Warwick this Nick Williams-trained grey gelding raced only once in UK falling at the Bechers Brook in a Listed at Aintree two months ago. Abroad Shalimar Fromentro collected one win but was disqualified in France in his second last start, finished 4th in his first start of this winter campaign and fell in his last start in March 2011, always in France. Before that race vs Fruity O'Rooney at Warwick he had finished close second to Wymott on slightly better terms than today. So there are good reasons to think he can run a good race and is one of the seven horses with odds between 7/1 and 9/1 but I prefer Fruity O'Rooney who has 4 wins and 5 seconds in 10 chases so far, is still lightly raced being a 9yo and has started his handicap career just last November improving a lot in each of his three races until winning in very style last time out at Kempton beating Midnight Appeal who carries a line that puts my selection ahead of another single digit priced horse, Emma Lavelle-trained Qianshan Leader, who is in very good form (two wins in his last two starts) but has gone up 8l from his last C&D success and in his second last win at Kempton in November over 21f Qianshan Leader beat Midnight Appeal 5 3/4L receiving 5lb and the same horse was the runner-up to Fruity O'Rooney one month later again at Kempton but over 3m and finished 3 1/2L behind my selection even if Midnight Appeal had sensibly improved with the visor on for the first time and the step up in trip anyway Fruity O'Rooney was giving him 11lb that day. I don't like the chances of the other horses at their current prices for different reasons. Wymott was a very useful novice last season and started with a good 6th in the Hennessy Gold Cup but was very disappointing in his last two starts and the blinkers on for the first time imho underlines he has some problem that McCain's trying to solve with this adjustment. Galaxy Rock was more than disappointing in the Welsh National and even if back on his best level when he won here a good handicap it's not an easy task to carry 9lb (from that win) even if he partners perfectly well with A P McCoy. Imho Galaxy Rock is a bit too exposed at the moment in the handicap sphere and others have more room for improvements and better odds. Shakalakaboomboom is the Nicky Henderson's card for the Grand National and it's a very nice horse who kept on improving and has a very good record over fences (4 wins in 8 starts) but his goal is the big handicap in April and I don't think they want him to be at the top 11 weeks before and just before the weights for the GN will be published moreover he beat Inside Dealer one year ago and that horse carries a line with both Qianshan Leader and my selection that puts Shakalakaboomboom a bit behind them even if his last two wins showed plenty of improvements since his two wins achieved in 2011. Wayward Prince was a close third of the RSA Chase but his switch to handicaps has been more than disappointing so far. He likes it here (won his only start at the track over hurdles) but I see him as a horse who left his best behind him and is still very high in the rating to collect such a big handicap at the moment. Aiteen Thirtythree never raced well in such a big field (pulled up in the RSA Chase last year and down the field in the Hennessy Gold Cup last time out). Calgary Bay showed he is still able to win good races when cruising home in a good handicap at Cheltenham last time out. Upped 6lb and over a track he never liked as much as Cheltenham even if he is a C&D winner I can't see this lovely Henrietta Knight's fighter repeating that exploit so high in the weight. Cape Tribulation was 5th behind Calgary Bay last time out and never fullfilled his early promise so even if his in-form trainer Malcolm Jefferson has been hitting hard in these super handicaps of late and he gets 7lb from Calgary Bay from that race I can't see him winning today. I'msingingtheblues is the representative of David Pipe here and has been in very good form all the Winter so far but that sent him very high in the weight and the record of the high weights in this race is more than poor (something that gives a big minus to Calgary Bay and Aiteen Thirtythree too). He seemed to stay well 3m and trip shouldn't be a problem and gets a nice 10lb claim for the booking of Thomas Bellamy (3 wins this season, 2 with Pipe's horses, 1 with a nice ride on the high quality Swing Bill). Imho I'msingingtheblues will go close once again but is not the winner even if his price is quite juicy for an EW shot at least. Fantastic race to watch and happy to get more involved supporting the 20/1 chances of Fruity O'Rooney.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 Chelt 4.15 High Storm win - 25/1 Lads Just beaten by Darlan over C&D here and also a very good 2nd to a horse, who went close to Barbatos in his next run. Flopped twice on soft ground, but return to stiff 2m on better ground will suit and off very low weight I won't be surprised if he outruns his price today.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 12.50 Lingfield Whodunit - multiple CD winner, including on penultimate start when winning easily by 4lengths. Went up 8lb for that but rates better than bare form last time after going off too fast. On the clock, is capable of mixing it up with the jolly if back to his best, and looks drastically overpriced - should probably be half of these odds. 14/1 Ladbrokes, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 1.30 Cheltenham - Pentiffic - He won last time out over 2m 4f on soft going so todays distance and going shouldn't pose any problems today, but he does need to improve on that here. Tranier, Miss V Williams has won this race three times from the last seven runnings and this is her only runner in this race, she has had 3 wins and 5 places from her last 20 runners for a L.S.P of +28pts, indicating some big prices have won. Trainer/jockey combo is running to 7 wins and 2 places from 20 for a L.S.P of +65pts. This looks to be an open handicap where the winner could come from anywhere and most would need to show improvement to win, but I'll stick with Miss V Williams stats for this. Bless The Wings looks to be the righful favourite as the winner and 5th from his last race both went on to win their next race. Best current price is 22/1 with Stan James, but I'll go BOG @ 20/1 with Bet365.

1.30 Cheltenham: Pentiffic - 1pt win @ 20/1 Bet365 (BOG)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 2.20 Doncaster Big easy has its first run in a handicap. Step up in trip should suit and off a fair mark of 110. A race which has horses out of form and the form horses are running off career high marks with big weights. The ground is going to be sticky and there has been a few quid for him this morning. The slight worry is trainer form but it will turn at some point so i am happy to go with this one. 1pt Big Easy @ 3/1 @ bet V

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 2.50 Doncaster: Wayward Prince EW (9/1 Bet365) Skybet chase at Donny looks pretty competitive but a class horse usually wins this race and Wayward Prince looks well weighted to me after coming down the handicap slightly due to a poor run in the Hennessy where a bad blunder cost him any chance, he ran with more promise at Wetherby last time out but probably had to make up too much ground and had nothing left by the second last, not many got into the race that day. Timmy Murphy takes the ride again and I reckon he will sit a bit more handier and as long as he can escape the odd blunder he should be therabouts turning for home. He stays well, will like the ground and has won at Donny over hurdles. On his run at the festival last year he has a very solid chance in this company and the odds are fair enough.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 Cheltenham 3.10 Batonnier 14-1 (bog) Bet365 Alan King's yard are going well and this one improved again when a good second to Barbatos over the same course and distance last time out, staying on well up the hill after landing flat footed at the last. Further improvement is needed but also expected.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 Grumeti 12.55 Cheltenham 1pt Win 6/4 PP I put Grumeti up on his debut and see no reason to desert him today. Baby Mix is obviously a serious horse who's form has been franked and has won at the track. But Grumeti just ozzes class and looks the real deal to me. He slipped up the last day when he cruised through the race. I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't put up a big show today. Re: BBOTD - Friday 30th December

Grumeti 2.20 Taunton 0.5ew 9/2
Ladbrokes
Bit of a shot in the dark here but Grumeti was a horse I liked on the flat and looks like a very interesting recruit. Rated 84 on the flat, was bought for 100k and has been gelded. He is well regarded by Alan Kings stable and thought to be one of their best juveniles. He's only a 3yo and its his first time over hurdles so its a big ask today. But few are as good as King at getting one ready. War Singer is the one I fear as he ran well on his first start for Pipe when finishing 4th at Newbury. That was one of the better novice's run and King should have a good line on the form as Montbazon finished 2nd that day. Taking a chance on Grumeti though as he gets weight from the whole field and could be a decent horse to follow through the season.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 3.35 Lingfield: Licence To Till @ 15/2 VC Just think he's overpriced at current odds as he's pretty much a very good All-Weather horse. He's 3/6 on Polytrack and was only once out of the money, so It looks certain to get a run for the money at least. He has to overcome a career highest mark but he won well when last time seen on AW at Dundalk. He made almost all in that race and with no confirmed front-runner in today's race he has a decent chance to run his own race from the front and might even get a soft lead. Lingfield is known as a track which is not ideal for front-runners but the last weeks showed that many horses that kicked away at the home turn could hold on and win in the end. It's a bit of a concern that Licence To Till was off the track for 112 days and there is definitely a question about his fitness, however he won already once after a similar lay-off - in 2009, after 108 days off here at Lingfield.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 The Giant Bolster - 2.05 Cheltenham This horse has a course and distance win to its name and course form is always a big factor at Cheltenham. It's jumping is not that good but when it gets round it's a class act. It fell at the first when I think I last had it on here which was disappointing. Although it did finish 2nd to time for rupert in a small runner field. Lots of horses in this one have class and you could make a case for the majority but I'm sticking with the giant bolster who, if he can get round, can win. The giant bolster win @ 4/1 bet 365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 APRIL FOOL 2.00 Lingfield. 1 point win. Funny race this, as it could be run a few ways. I hope there's nobody willing to take them along and then we can hit the font and dictate all the way to the line. The double figure odds (exchanges) make that worth taking the chance on, so with no trip and surface worries and a decent enough mark to work with, has every chance. If the pace is strong, then Titan Triumph should be staying on very strongly, but his odds are no value at all. 8/1 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 Hell's Bay 2.05 Cheltenham. 0.5 points each way. Brendan Powell a very good rider and this horse does have the ability to go close. The fact the blinkers go on today will disturb a few, but I feel they'll sharpen him up and with doing better last time, he can improve again and that gives him every chance. Jumps well enough, stays the trip and goes on the ground, so every chance. 14/1 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 Shalimar Fromentro 2.50 Doncaster 8-1 Bet365 - WIN Lightly raced, only 6 years old and looks progressive while some rivals look exposed and out of form. Has run well over here, finishing 2nd to Wymott and beating Fruity O'Rooney previously. Looks to have a lenient mark of 130 that it could take advantage of. Fell last time out at Aintree but given another chance here, will get the trip and go on the ground.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012

2.20 Doncaster Big easy has its first run in a handicap. Step up in trip should suit and off a fair mark of 110. A race which has horses out of form and the form horses are running off career high marks with big weights. The ground is going to be sticky and there has been a few quid for him this morning. The slight worry is trainer form but it will turn at some point so i am happy to go with this one. 1pt Big Easy @ 3/1 @ bet V
won going away for a trainer out of form..... keep an eye on this one if he turns out again shortly :clap

Re: BBOTD Saturday 28th January 2012 4:25 Lady Sinatra @ Doncaster - Stayed on to finish 5th on debut over a shorter trip.Can improve on that run and the better ground might help.Sam Jones takes the ride and has a 20% strike rate in NHF this season so far and is 2 from 3 for trainer Oliver Sherwood 0.5 pt e/w @ 22/1 VCBet