Tennis: 31st December -8th January

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January Regarding the other matches today: Begu can beat Baltacha and I see no reason for pricing her at 2.06 with Pinnacle. She is so much more talented than Baltacha that it is unreal. She would be around 1.6 if this was not her first match of the season and I am willing to take the risk. Cirstea is priced at 1.91 with one-ball Bwin against Pervak, who retired in her last match just a week ago. Cirstea played a great match against Pennetta and should be a decent favourite in this. You can take better odds elsewhere, but I want the retirement on my side. Pinnacle are at 1.88 on Cibulkovaagainst Peng and I have to take it. Cibulkova lost narrowly to Hantuchova,, while Peng has been awful against Hradecka and barely beat Rezai. Paddy Power are at 1.83 for Barrois against Watson, which is value imo. Barrois usually makes it through the quallies against lesser opponents, while Watson only plays well on the big stage. Solid play is what wins the quallies. And finally, I will actually be taking Jie Zheng against Pennetta at 3.28. She had a day's rest, so I am not worried about that small injury anymore and I liked her a bit more than Pennetta. She actually had to play some tennis, while Pennetta has been gifted three victories in a row by Baltacha, Vesnina and Kerber. If she plays like she played against Kuznetsova, she can win this one.

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January Just one thing to add about Jie Zheng against Pennetta. Due to persistent rain at Auckland there is very high possibility that this match is going to be moved indoors, just like all ATP quallies matches that were played yesterday.

The singles final will be played at 11am at the ASB Tennis Centre on centre court. Tickets for Saturday's session are valid for the single's final. In case of rain, the final will be held on an indoor court at the ASB Tennis Centre (again this is at the players' request)
. If so,its worth to mention that Pennetta has way better indoor record than Zheng, and also Pennetta has played her doubles final yesterday indoors !

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January And also a notice to ones who are going to make some bets on ATP quallies in Auckland, the matches are highly likely to take place indoors (like all of the matches yesterday) as it's raining ATM there and the weather forecast is just awful for the rest of the day. edit: In fact, it's official these matches will be played indoors.

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January Stephane Bohli to beat Arnau Brugues-Davi @ 4/5 BET 365 STRENGTH (6/10) As has been mentioned above, alot of these games are going to be played indoors, and I feel this makes Bohli a favourite over the Spaniard. He's got more victories in indoor conditions and has played on it more. Davi has put in some decent performances under the roof but he has also been spanked quite a few times, while Bohli nearly always remains competitive, taking sets off the likes of Cilic, so I really struggle to see the Spaniard winning the two sets in these conditions. They both played Steve Darcis in Geneva recently and Darcis brushed aside Davi comfortably in two, while Bohli pushed him to three sets the next day. Everything suggests the Swiss should get through this one and a Davi win will be a turn up for the books. :hope

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January What do ye think of Raonic/Tipsarevic in the Chennai final? Odds look set about right to me, but I have to say I would be inclined to back Raonic more in that one, he'll be tough to break I feel. Probably best left alone. Scrolling through womens odds, just seen Errani @ 1.18 to bt Larsson.....:unsure...fave yeah, she may even win comfortably, but those odds are a farce.

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January

Stephane Bohli to beat Arnau Brugues-Davi @ 4/5 BET 365 STRENGTH (6/10) As has been mentioned above, alot of these games are going to be played indoors, and I feel this makes Bohli a favourite over the Spaniard. He's got more victories in indoor conditions and has played on it more. Davi has put in some decent performances under the roof but he has also been spanked quite a few times, while Bohli nearly always remains competitive, taking sets off the likes of Cilic, so I really struggle to see the Spaniard winning the two sets in these conditions. They both played Steve Darcis in Geneva recently and Darcis brushed aside Davi comfortably in two, while Bohli pushed him to three sets the next day. Everything suggests the Swiss should get through this one and a Davi win will be a turn up for the books. :hope
Well, a win is a win. Very odd match, lots of breaks. On some sites the match seemed to be voided betting wise despite the match clearly being completed. Even on BET 365 the bet was still "to run" for about forty five minutes before they finally made their minds up and coughed up.

What do ye think of Raonic/Tipsarevic in the Chennai final? Odds look set about right to me, but I have to say I would be inclined to back Raonic more in that one, he'll be tough to break I feel. Probably best left alone. Scrolling through womens odds, just seen Errani @ 1.18 to bt Larsson.....:unsure...fave yeah, she may even win comfortably, but those odds are a farce.
Tipsy has the game to diffuse Raonic but it seems as if Raonic looks more up for it and will put more into the match. Tipsy hasn't needed to leave cruise control yet this week and might be found wanting if he needs to.

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January Murray - Dolgopolov This is the final match in Australia Brisbane Andy Murray, searching for new start and to relief his career after some unsuccessful performances, changed the coach and will try something different this season. Its perfect that he got the chance to start with tittle here and I expect him strong motivated to do it. But In most of such moments when he is under pressure, he is making some mistakes, and even here against Muller and Kukushkin he lost a set already. After that won over Muller and Tomic, but Muller is weak, and Tomic was really nervous and showed huge respect, which affect on his performance. Dolgopolov is the good surpirse of the tournament, as he overplayed Simon and Stepanek as underdong here already. Against Andreev and Stepanek he got 3 -set matches. Dolgopolov got great serve and movement on the court and I expect him strong motivated to show hist best at this final, as this is gonna be historical game, and chance for tittle just at the begginning of the season, which could be quite important moment and step i his career. I expect close game and I see 3 sets here O 2.5 sets 3.00 @ Bet365

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January Hopefully, Cibulkova can get there from *4-3 and make it 4-1 for the day with Begu, Zheng and Cirstea winning. Nice day. (2/10) Raonic to beat Tipsarevic @ 2.20 Why should he be the underdog? Has not lost a set throughout the week and needed just one TB, which shows tha his baseline play is clicking at the moment. Tipsarevic had easier opponents and still managed to lose a set. Cannot see him holding his serve long enough here, so 2.20 is value. 50/50 match at worst.

Begu can beat Baltacha and I see no reason for pricing her at 2.06 with Pinnacle. She is so much more talented than Baltacha that it is unreal. She would be around 1.6 if this was not her first match of the season and I am willing to take the risk. Cirstea is priced at 1.91 with one-ball Bwin against Pervak, who retired in her last match just a week ago. Cirstea played a great match against Pennetta and should be a decent favourite in this. You can take better odds elsewhere, but I want the retirement on my side.
Nice, all Romanian girls from Hobart won, even Halep. :clap But she did not win in straight sets like your two! :) Actually Niculescu was the only one who lost, there was an exception, she disappointed again.

Re: Tennis: 31st December -8th January Zheng was rather fortuitous to win against Penetta it has to be said, especially on an indoor court with her dismal record on that surface, however a win is a win and at 3.35 I am not complaining:eyes. My basic point about her being relatively injury free now means I think she could have a good season. I hope so because she is one of my favourite players, she has a great attitude to the game.