** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan

Bolton v Wolves: Draw (13/5) with William Hill As a rule, I'm not a great believer of the law of averages but I am interested in the Bolton game to draw considering they have yet to draw a league game all season. Bolton have had the upper hand in recent head to heads but Bolton's form this season does make it almost impossible to put money on them to win. I know the Prem is capable of surprises with all teams capable of taking points off each other (except Wigan against Man Utd!!!) and so anyting could happen in a game like this but as I lack confidence to back either team I can't help but think the draw is the safest option?
:nana

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.71 :D Man Utd - Blackburn over 4.5 @ 3.00 :D Arsenal -2.5 @ 2.85 :( Chelsea -2.5 @ 3.00 :( Leaning on the other 4 games tomorrow to end as draws :rollin All 4 remaining games finished as draws but not too confident in betting on them. Season record: 73-101 (+4.94)

Chelsea - Aston Villa This bet is more like a gamble than anything so I advise everyone not to place large stakes on any of the selections I suggest. In 2007 the same game was played on Boxing Day and it finished 4-4, this year when it was played on 2 January 2011 it ended 3-3, so I will take a gamble with small stakes that something similar will happen on the New Year’s Eve. Over 5.5 Goals @ 9.00 (1 unit) William Hill Draw 3-3 @ 81.00 (0.5 unit) William Hill Draw 4-4 @ 401.00 (0.5 unit) Bet365
Gamble did not pay off :(
Arsenal - QPR Taking into account Arsenal recent form I would say that the price on the Gunners is too short. Arsenal have failed to beat teams like Fulham and Wolves at home. The only decent odds on Arsenal in this game would be a handicap, but bearing in mind how inconsistent both teams are I am not willing to back Arsenal on a handicap in this game. So the best thing would be to focus on goals. I have noticed during this and last season most of the games at the Emirates produced more goals in the second half and draw was also common result at half time. This season so far Arsenal have scored 13 goals in the first half and 21 in the second. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 2.05 (2 units) William Hill
Ended this month with 15.85 units profit. Guess it's not bad.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Not a bad week! Under 5.5 Man Utd v Blackburn (Alternative Total Goals) 31/12/2011 None 1.14 Won 2 Under 5.5 Bolton v Wolverhampton (Alternative Total Goals) 31/12/2011 None 1.062 To Run 3 Under 5.5 Chelsea v Aston Villa (Alternative Total Goals) 31/12/2011 None 1.062 Won 4 Under 5.5 Norwich v Fulham (Alternative Total Goals) 31/12/2011 None 1.04 To Run 5 Under 5.5 Stoke v Wigan (Alternative Total Goals) 31/12/2011 None 1.03 To Run 6 Arsenal Arsenal v QPR (Full Time Result) 31/12/2011 None 1.25 Won 7 Over 0.5 Nottm Forest v Cardiff (Alternative Total Goals)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan another annoying weekend for me, predicted the draws for both the swansea and norwich games but bet way too much money on the chelsea game due to the short odds and just ended up evens - finding it difficult to get past my inital depost amount - just keep yo-yoing up and down on it!

Looking at the odds on Blackburn on correct score market' date=' going to have a few bob on Blackburn 0-2@ 310@340 which I have taken on betfair. Blackburn have scored in all away matches, and are needing to get points on the board. I am only looking for blackburn to score first to make profit, reading a few comments on here about Man Utd v Wigan game, defence was looking a little shaky so willing to take a shot at this.[/quote'] Decent end to the year for me, seemed to be focused on this match from the start of the week. Had £50 on 0-2 from 310 to 380 kept going back each day for a little more, also had £20 on blackburn@30 for win. Layed off a good bit just before h/T from 50 to 29, still had 4 grand on 0-2 going into second half. Then the radio on my laptop went off just at the start of second half, so was pussying about trying to get this back on and forgot to put in lower odds for the rest off the bet. Got radio back on just when Man Utd scored to make it 1-2, I was fcuking raging that with pussying about with radio missed the chance of unloading most of the 4 grand. When blackburn went 2-3 up I refused to lay off my win bet was still raging. 3 mins to go and knowing Man Utd are one of the luckiest teams for getting last second goals still refused which was insane, but was still fuming about the fcuking radio going off just after h/t. Very silly, but got a break a break with the finishing score.

another annoying weekend for me, predicted the draws for both the swansea and norwich games but bet way too much money on the chelsea game due to the short odds and just ended up evens - finding it difficult to get past my inital depost amount - just keep yo-yoing up and down on it!
Its not all bad, there are always plenty of games just round the corner!! Maybe you should narrow down the number of bets you place on any given day. Try studying all the info / stats taking your own opinions into consideration before placing any bets & then only bet on what you are confident on winning. This is not always reliable as we have seen today with Man Utd & Chelsea but personally i would never back any heavy favourites in any situation & i am sure many people on here would agree with that. Everyone has their own way of betting, personally i prefer to lay something rather than bet on something individually but thats just my way, you just need to find what is comfortable for your situation.It is possible to build a healthy bank with disciplined betting. Hope this helps a little! Good Luck for 2012!! :ok

WIN - 8pts Newcastle Team Goals: Over 0.5 @ 8/11 [Ladbrokes] LOSS - 4pts Manchester United Team Goals: Over 2.5 (vs. Blackburn) x Wolves: Over 0.5 (vs. Bolton) @ 2.27 [stanJames]
Unreal result in the United game. One goal away from a clean sweep too with Wolves scoring as predicted. Bookies really must've cleaned up today. Well done to any winners this weekend.

Decent end to the year for me' date=' seemed to be focused on this match from the start of the week. Had £50 on 0-2 from 310 to 380 kept going back each day for a little more, also had £20 on blackburn@30 for win. Layed off a good bit just before h/T from 50 to 29, still had 4 grand on 0-2 going into second half. Then the radio on my laptop went off just at the start of second half, so was pussying about trying to get this back on and forgot to put in lower odds for the rest off the bet. Got radio back on just when Man Utd scored to make it 1-2, I was fcuking raging that with pussying about with radio missed the chance of unloading most of the 4 grand. When blackburn went 2-3 up I refused to lay off my win bet was still raging. 3 mins to go and knowing Man Utd are one of the luckiest teams for getting last second goals still refused which was insane, but was still fuming about the fcuking radio going off just after h/t. Very silly, but got a break a break with the finishing score.[/quote'] £20 on blackburn, insane bet but congratulations nevertheless!

£20 on blackburn' date=' insane bet but congratulations nevertheless![/quote'] Why is it insane? its not barcelona v east fife. 2 premiership teams one overrated at the moment and one desperate for points. Blackburn are usually a team that dont pull their shorts down and take it up the cheesecake. Man Utd have recently scored goals in the first few seconds of games taking the pressure off, before that it was mostly scrapping wins.

Why is it insane? its not barcelona v east fife. 2 premiership teams one overrated at the moment and one desperate for points. Blackburn are usually a team that dont pull their shorts down and take it up the cheesecake. Man Utd have recently scored goals in the first few seconds of games taking the pressure off' date=' before that it was mostly scrapping wins.[/quote'] well it's pretty insane because United were undefeated in 9 (the last being City) and they were hot off the back of a 5-0 win over Wigan and were joint top of the table (minus goal difference) and blackburn were at the bottom, this is reflected in the odds (though I agree there was value at 30)

well it's pretty insane because United were undefeated in 9 (the last being City) and they were hot off the back of a 5-0 win over Wigan and were joint top of the table (minus goal difference) and blackburn were at the bottom' date=' this is reflected in the odds (though I agree there was value at 30)[/quote'] You have your way of punting, and I will stick to backing against teams that are overrated. To be fair it was blackburn reserves they were playing today.

You have your way of punting' date=' and I will stick to backing against teams that are overrated. To be fair it was blackburn reserves they were playing today.[/quote'] I back against overated teams too and have profited from it, I've won a fair amount of money better against England ; p I just think that this is the shock result of the season and was unexpected.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Sunderland v Manchester City > 2 Sunderland last 6: LLWLWD Man City last 6: WWLWWD Team News Sunderland: out; M.Angeleri, F. Campbell, C. Gordon , M. Turner, C Wickham + S Mignolet doubtful; K Richardson, T Bramble + P Badsley Man City: -- Sunderland have showed a steady recovery since the instalment of Martin O'Neil, picking up 7 points from there 4 games under the Ulster man. Here they face a stern test in City and have a real tough defensive situation. If their doubts prove not to make it, they will have a makeshift defense in place v a quality attacking outfit. City did stumble v a very stubborn WBA side at the Hawthorns in a game which they had 73% possession yet only mustered 4 shots on target. I think this may have came a tad early for Martin O'Neil's new start, and added to their injury woes, I can see Man City capitalising on Uniteds shock loss to Blackburn and securing a win here. Manchester City 8/15 Bet365 :hope Small stakes on Sunderland 1-3 Man City 11/1 Bet365 :hope

Decent end to the year for me' date=' seemed to be focused on this match from the start of the week. Had £50 on 0-2 from 310 to 380 kept going back each day for a little more, also had £20 on blackburn@30 for win. Layed off a good bit just before h/T from 50 to 29, still had 4 grand on 0-2 going into second half. Then the radio on my laptop went off just at the start of second half, so was pussying about trying to get this back on and forgot to put in lower odds for the rest off the bet. Got radio back on just when Man Utd scored to make it 1-2, I was fcuking raging that with pussying about with radio missed the chance of unloading most of the 4 grand. When blackburn went 2-3 up I refused to lay off my win bet was still raging. 3 mins to go and knowing Man Utd are one of the luckiest teams for getting last second goals still refused which was insane, but was still fuming about the fcuking radio going off just after h/t. Very silly, but got a break a break with the finishing score.[/quote'] Oh come on, a radio? Are you from the past? :P Why not watch a video stream of the game :cigar

Oh come on, a radio? Are you from the past? :P Why not watch a video stream of the game :cigar
HaHa quality, dont get a good enough connection speed to watch most things, just with being out in the country. Would'nt have thought of that though :loon

HaHa quality' date=' dont get a good enough connection speed to watch most things, just with being out in the country. Would'nt have thought of that though :loon[/quote'] I watch all games live on my laptop and I am quite sure that internet in Australia is much better than here :ok Use this link in the future http://sporttvhd.tv/

Sunderland vs. Manchester City

It's pretty scary to take bets in England these days considering the surprises we seen lately but I'll give it a shot with Manchester City today. City welcome back Micah Richards and Aleksandar Kolarov so therefore they will have available a full strength squad today. On the other hand, Sunderland will have some trouble defensive like with Phil Bardsley and Titus Bramble being major doubts for this game. The injury list continues with Connor Wickham, Fraizer Campbell, Craig Gordon, Simon Mignolet all injured and Kieran Richardson a doubt also. Tiring days in England with the clubs playing very often but I'll stick my chances with Manchester City to be able to rotate their squad and put some fresh legs on the field always. With Manchester United losing yesterday this is a good chance for City to take some lead and considering they will play Liverpool on 3rd January they should not skip this chance. I don't like these kind of odds moreover when the odds are available away from home but I'll just try this and cover it with a correct score. Selection: Away Win @ 1,60 - 8 Units Selection: CS 2:2 @ 14,00 - 0.5 Units

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan West Brom - Everton The home team are in great shape, picking up 7 points from their last 3 games. They beat both Newcastle and Blackburn away from home and drew with Man City at home. I watched their last 4 games, including the defeat to Wigan at home, and I can say that outside the top 4 teams in the league, they playing the best soccer. Odemwingie, Long and Brunt all show ability to penetrate and also very good cohision between them. They will miss Mulumbu, which is a key player, but not an unreplaceable one. Everton showed good form lately as well, but I'm much less impressed with their offensive qualities and they didn't score more than once in a game in their last 5 games. They are a tough team to beat, but will miss Fellaini in this game and Donovan can't play yet. I don't think it will be easy game by any means, but right now I think the West Brom attack looks too good for Everton to handle and therefore my pick is on the home team. Pick : Home win Confidence : 7/10

West Brom - Everton The home team are in great shape, picking up 7 points from their last 3 games. They beat both Newcastle and Blackburn away from home and drew with Man City at home. I watched their last 4 games, including the defeat to Wigan at home, and I can say that outside the top 4 teams in the league, they playing the best soccer. Odemwingie, Long and Brunt all show ability to penetrate and also very good cohision between them. They will miss Mulumbu, which is a key player, but not an unreplaceable one. Everton showed good form lately as well, but I'm much less impressed with their offensive qualities and they didn't score more than once in a game in their last 5 games. They are a tough team to beat, but will miss Fellaini in this game and Donovan can't play yet. I don't think it will be easy game by any means, but right now I think the West Brom attack looks too good for Everton to handle and therefore my pick is on the home team. Pick : Home win Confidence : 7/10
:welcome and Good luck! :cheers

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventWest Brom v Everton
SelectionUnder 2.5 goals
Strength2/10
Date01/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 1.80
ReasoningA game where both teams dont score many goals. West Brom have only scores 7 goals in 9 home games this season including a very good 0 v 0 last time out against Chelsea. Everton have only scored 9 goals in 8 away games. I can see both sides lining up defensively and both sides will struggle to score.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventSunderland v Man City
SelectionMan City
Strength2/10
Date01/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceWilliam Hill @ 1.53
ReasoningWith Man UTD and Spurs slipping up yesterday what better way to punish them by going out there and winning your game. Sunderland have a few problems and cant see them keeping City out. Last time out City failed to find the net and only managed a few shots. I think we can see a few more efforts on target today. Man City also have an exceptional goalkeeper and really dont see Sunderland scoring. Score prediction 0 v 2
Close Window

Sunderland vs. Manchester City

It's pretty scary to take bets in England these days considering the surprises we seen lately but I'll give it a shot with Manchester City today. City welcome back Micah Richards and Aleksandar Kolarov so therefore they will have available a full strength squad today. On the other hand, Sunderland will have some trouble defensive like with Phil Bardsley and Titus Bramble being major doubts for this game. The injury list continues with Connor Wickham, Fraizer Campbell, Craig Gordon, Simon Mignolet all injured and Kieran Richardson a doubt also. Tiring days in England with the clubs playing very often but I'll stick my chances with Manchester City to be able to rotate their squad and put some fresh legs on the field always. With Manchester United losing yesterday this is a good chance for City to take some lead and considering they will play Liverpool on 3rd January they should not skip this chance. I don't like these kind of odds moreover when the odds are available away from home but I'll just try this and cover it with a correct score. Selection: Away Win @ 1,60 - 8 Units Selection: CS 2:2 @ 14,00 - 0.5 Units

saya tidak terkejut dengan skor akhir-akhir ini. mengapa anda tidak belajar pada pengalaman di tahun-tahun yang lalu? setiap tahun, menjelang tahun baru skor yang tidak terduga akan hadir. menjelang tahun baru = musim draw. begitu juga menjelang tahun baru cina, anda lihat saja nanti menjelang tahun baru cina, anda akan melihat hasil yang sama seperti ini.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan 49KVi.gif From the very far mystical East (Russia) to the wonderfull West and from the deepest South to the coldest North wish you all happy holidays and a happy new year!!! Jsacx.gif :\ Hope to end the bad streak on the PL tips , godammit. :lol When the russian footbal leagues re-starts??? :drums In the New Year's morning my brain refuses to work, and even more try so hard to find a good bet, still will get direct into 3rd gear WBA v Everton Based on the league table, both teams are satisfied at the moment and can arrange for a draw. From the relegation zone Wigan, the teams separates by seven and six points respectively. If clubs settle for draw, then this gap will increase by another point. If you look at how the clubs perform this season and, more recently, the specific differences between them are hard to find. They are in the middle of the table, and the more goals cannot achieve. Tasks to play in European competition for Everton, and do not put West Brom goals for European Competition... they just have to "take off" or make it with a cruising speed. Interestingly, in personal meetings there is also sharing points. A slight advantage for the West Brom - 44 wins against 42, and 29 times was a draw. WBA at home playing pretty poorly, winning only two games out of nine. Two more games a team has brought to the ends with a draw. However, the majority of the five lost matches against teams from the first 8, but the general picture of the performances of the club is not impressive. Everton has always been a strong middle team. His place in the top eight, where he is likely to return late in the season. But now Liverpool boys do not shine. Everton lost on the road to all the top clubs (4 games out of 4), but with teams from the second half of the table plays more confidently and not yet lost a single match. Usually difficult to justify a bet on a draw, but in this situation, this outcome looks quite attractive, and most important suits to both. Like: Draw @ 3.40 Bet365 "Black Cats" Sunderland v Manchester City In the final match of round 19, Manchester City will go on a visit to Sunderland. Manchester City has an excellent opportunity to regain sole leadership. After yesterday's embarrassment for the favorites Man Utd and Chelea, it offers excellent prospects to regain the top spot. City in the championship receive few goals (15 goals in 18 games), but when visiting an average of more goals per game (11 goals in 9 games). Moreover, more than half of them scored by teams from the second half of the table. Sunderland, in my opinion, takes its place - midle table position. Yes, the "Black Cats" have passed some bad moments, now they began to wake up, looks an improuved team with the arrival of select coach O'Neill who can punish anyone, including the English Premier League giants. On the effectiveness of the team also does not complain, scoring 22 goals in 18 games, home 13 goals in 9 matches. Matches between these two rivals are not boring, and the average number of goals in them is more than 3/game. Sunderland won at home more than half of all games (29 of 56), and the goal difference 97:83. I think that today's match will be no exception, point are neededed by both. Let's look at things realistically - Sunderland may they have some improuving latey, but with a lots of luck, late goals, defeat the main competitor simply obliges the citizens deal with Sunderland, so we put -1 Asian handicap for Balotelli & company. Like: * Manchester City -1 AH @ 2.06 Bet365

saya tidak terkejut dengan skor akhir-akhir ini. mengapa anda tidak belajar pada pengalaman di tahun-tahun yang lalu? setiap tahun, menjelang tahun baru skor yang tidak terduga akan hadir. menjelang tahun baru = musim draw. begitu juga menjelang tahun baru cina, anda lihat saja nanti menjelang tahun baru cina, anda akan melihat hasil yang sama seperti ini.
Totally agree!!! Happy new year to one and all:beer

F.Y.I I was not surprised by the scores of late. why you did not learn the experiences in years past? each year, a new score by the unexpected will be present. = season of the new year draw. as well as Chinese new year, you will see only later by the Chinese new year, you will see results similar to this.:nana

F.Y.I I was not surprised by the scores of late. why you did not learn the experiences in years past? each year, a new score by the unexpected will be present. = season of the new year draw. as well as Chinese new year, you will see only later by the Chinese new year, you will see results similar to this.:nana
a malaysian in aberdeen? whoaaa