England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December

Spooner

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Chelsea -1.5 v Fulham @ 2.10 Bet365 I'm not normally one for taking on big handicaps but in this case at odds against, I like Chelsea. Fulhams are generally shocking away from home and the Bridge isn't exactly the easiest place to go. i said before the man Utd game that I thought the Europa league was taking its toll on Fulham and that they were looking jaded. They went on to lose that game 5-0 at home. Here we are just 5 days on and a trip away to Chelsea isn't going to see a massive improvement from them in my opinion. Chelsea aren't having an amazing season by their standards but they still have a strong home record. At home to a Fulham side who are poor on the road i think they will win this without any dramas and expect them to win by at least 2 against a side who lost 5-0 in their last match. Sunderland +0 (AH) v Everton @ 1.85 Bet365 It's a tight game this one but I think there is a little bit of value on Sunderland. Everton are a solid team who aren't that easy to beat. But they are massively struggling in the goal scoring department which has resulted in them struggling to win home against the likes of Stoke, Norwich and Swansea where they managed to score just 2 goals against those sides. If you can't find the back of the net you are always going to be facing an uphill battle. Sunderland haven't been in great form at home but O'Neil should have brought a bit of confidence to them and they recorded a 3-2 win in their last away match at QPR. If the mackems can score they have a great chance of beating the toffees who are seriously lacking firepower and I therefore think the value lies on Sunderland's side. Stoke v Aston Villa +0.5 @ 1.875 @ Bet365 The price is dropping on this one and I can understand why. Stoke's home form hasn't been quite as good as in previous seasons although they have had a re-surgance of late. After shipping in far too many goals earlier in the season, Pulis has gone back to basics and put huth back in the middle with Shawcross and that has paid dividends. etherington and pennant were rested in the week against Man City, Crouch should be returning from illness and Shawcross from suspension. So Stoke will have a number of key players coming back into the side fresh which is a big plus for them. Villa looked improved against Arsenal with Agbonlahor up front and N'Zogbia and Albrighton supporting. With 5 effectively in midfield, Villa looke like they benefited from it. Iv'e seen a few shocking away performances this season from Villa with the Spurs match immediately springing to mind. But whilst stoke are good at home, I don't think mcleish will be too intimidated and i can't see him going overly defensive like he has done against the big guns on the road. i expect to see a close game which really could go anyway. but the price on Stoke is just too short for my liking and in turn I think there is ome value on villa's handicap. i wouldn't have Villa any worse than +0.25 at Stoke so the +0.5 line available is one which I'm happy to get involved with.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Wins to null! :) I do like the chance of 3 games to end with only 1 team scoring the goals. Chelsea - Fullham. Chelsea are no doubt in form now and looking for their first win in London mini league. Despite their worries in defense i think Chelsea will manage to make 2nd clean sheet for the season at home after beating Wolves 3-0. Last 5 games btw 2 teams at Stamford, Chelsea had 3 clean sheets. Team 1 win to nil @ 2.05 Liverpool - Blackburn. Liverpool finally found their 4 guys in defense and their performing greatly. Liverpool with the best defense in the league and a total of 7 clean sheets against Blackburn side with 38 goals conceded. Liverpool are no doubt looking for 2nd win at home for the season. Previous 6 meetings at Anfield, Liverpool got 3 clean sheets against BB. Liverpool win to nil @ 1.85 United - Wigan. United are hot again and are playing with ease against Wigan side so i see this like another victory with a possible trashing result for United. Wigan no doubt are in some kind of form but was super lucky against Liverpool last game to not concede a goal. They do have no chance to score in that game and i think the same for today`s game. Jones is back for United as far as i know. Last 5 games at Trafford, United had 4 clean sheets, 4 in a row against Wigan. United win to nil @ 1.7 As a conclusion - 2 out of 3 should be OK. :ok

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December i think blackburn is going to win today because liverpool struggle against mediocre teams at home. that's just my feeling today as liverpool is poor at home and blackburn will have good competitive spirit. i think they have no choice but to stick with the current manager and i think they are not bad although results haven't gone their ways recently. this will be close match and am going for 1-2 for away side

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Wisey, how often do you see one team get thrashed in a fixture and then thrashed again in the following game? I don't think it happens too often. Most teams are wary of getting thrashed again and so play not to lose. I think Chelsea will win by 1 or 2 goals tops. 2 goals would win for you but it's less likely than a 1 goal win in my mind. Of course, Fulham could lose 6-0 and it would show I know nothing.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Bolton vs Newcastle – over 2.5 goals 1.83 at Boyle Sports (2 Units) This bet is pretty much based on the last Newcastle game, which I saw and was a real end to end cracker, so I’m hoping this one will be too. Newcastle don’t look anywhere as defensively strong without the Taylor / Collocini partnership, and its seems that Williamson is still a doubt so it could mean playing Perch at CB and he was troubled a lot by West Brom. Santon is also out with injury. Despite this Newcastle are still strong going forward, Ba hit another brace and they have Cabeye back who will add more dynamism to the midfield. As for Bolton, the win vs Blackburn should have buoyed them and like West Brom did they will surely be able to test this Newcastle defence. However any defence with Zat Knight in it would be a worry and Bolton in general are not very strong defensively with only one clean sheet all season I think, and that came in the opening game of this year. West Brom vs Man City – Man City -1AH 1.75 at bet265 (2.5 units) The way City beat Stoke last week was impressive, picking them off with ease and I feel they should be able to do similar against West Brom, who although being a decent enough team are nowhere near the quality of City. The like of Silva and Aguero really shouldn’t have too much trouble getting at the Albion defence who Hodgsen has organised well but ultimately don’t have enough quality to shut out City for the whole game in my opinion. Steven Reid, the ever present right back is out long term following surgery and I believe Mulumbu could be a doubt as well, both of which go to strengthen the case for a decent City win here. Stoke vs Aston Villa – Stoke over 1.5 team goals 2.10 at bet365 (2 units) Unsurprisingly I feel this game could be won or lost on the set pieces, and given how good Stoke are at them, and how bad Villa have been at defending them recently, I feel Stoke could have a lot of dominance in these situations. With the aerial threat they pose, potentially 5 or 6 strong threats in the team, I think Villa will be overawed, as other than the centre back paring and maybe Clark if he plays they are not strong enough in these situations and that has been proven throughout the season. Allowing Yossi Benayoun to score a header in the last match vs Arsenal is all the proof you need of Villa’s inability to defend set pieces.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December

Wisey' date=' how often do you see one team get thrashed in a fixture and then thrashed again in the following game? I don't think it happens too often. Most teams are wary of getting thrashed again and so play not to lose. I think Chelsea will win by 1 or 2 goals tops. 2 goals would win for you but it's less likely than a 1 goal win in my mind. Of course, Fulham could lose 6-0 and it would show I know nothing.[/quote'] I see your point but I just fancy taking Fulham on. I thought they were going to be jaded going into the utd game with the Europa taking its toll on them. They did get thrashed 5-0 which suggested their smallish squad was indeed knackered. Fulham are also very poor on the road generally speaking and just 5 days since their last match, with a busy schedule ahead, I don't see things being much better here. i don't know Jol too much, but many managers in such circumstances would view todays game as a bit of a write off and be more focused on the next winnable game. Chelsea aren't having the best of seasons for them but theyv'e still covered this handicap in plenty of games this season. As i say, I don't normally like taking such handicaps. But given the circumstances, i think there is plenty in Chelsea's favour today and I fnacy them to cover it. At odds against, it's a risk i'm willing to take. I take on board your point though:ok

Wisey' date=' [b']how often do you see one team get thrashed in a fixture and then thrashed again in the following game? I don't think it happens too often. Most teams are wary of getting thrashed again and so play not to lose. I think Chelsea will win by 1 or 2 goals tops. 2 goals would win for you but it's less likely than a 1 goal win in my mind. Of course, Fulham could lose 6-0 and it would show I know nothing.
Exactly. Things like that might happen in Spain or Holland, but not in EPL.

I see your point but I just fancy taking Fulham on. I thought they were going to be jaded going into the utd game with the Europa taking its toll on them. They did get thrashed 5-0 which suggested their smallish squad was indeed knackered. Fulham are also very poor on the road generally speaking and just 5 days since their last match, with a busy schedule ahead, I don't see things being much better here. i don't know Jol too much, but many managers in such circumstances would view todays game as a bit of a write off and be more focused on the next winnable game. Chelsea aren't having the best of seasons for them but theyv'e still covered this handicap in plenty of games this season. As i say, I don't normally like taking such handicaps. But given the circumstances, i think there is plenty in Chelsea's favour today and I fnacy them to cover it. At odds against, it's a risk i'm willing to take. I take on board your point though:ok
Also check head to head meetings between these two sides. As I have said in my earlier post Chelsea bet Fulham by more than 1 goal once in their last 10 games.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Chelsea - Fulham under 2.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Chelsea are coming off successive 1-1 draws away to Tottenham and Wigan, while they did beat a 10-man Man City side in their last home game. They are having some problems in getting their forward line right, and the chances though they are being created, they are not doing so in abundance. Fulham also are having some problems scoring goals as they have not scored in their last 3 EPL games, and on the road, they have scored in just two of their last 6 road games. Defensively, they are doing pretty well, allowing 5 goals in these 6 away games, with 3 clean sheets (all 6 away games going under), so looks like they are content to pick a point on the road. With this being a local derby, then doubt that these two teams will give much away, and can see this being a pretty tight game. Chelsea will probbaly edge this, but doubt that there wil be too many goals in this. Bolton - Newcastle over 2.5 @ 1.85 pinnacle Bolton will have some confidence coming into this game on the back of their win over Blackburn. However while they scored twice, their defence remains a problem as they have allowed a goal in each of their last 6 games, while they have given up at least two goals in 5 of these 6 games. With Cahill probably already thinking about his move to Chelsea, doubt that he will be on his game, not that he has been all season, and like Ba to do well against him, as Newcastle have scored in 6 of their last 8 games. Newcastle have just two draws and 4 losses in their last 6 games, as they have had to contend with injuries in their defence. They have just one clean sheet in their last 8 games, and have allowed at least two goals in 5 of these 8 games, so Bolton will be confident of scoring on them here. Bolton have yet to draw, so while both teams are likely to score, then can see at least one of the sides getting ther second goal to send it over. Liverpool -2 (EH) @ 2.65 centrebet It just seems to go from bad to worse for Blackburn. Not only are they missing quite a few of their defenders like Nelson, Dann, Olson and Givet, their are doubts about their keeper Robinson playing. They are coming off a 2-1 loss to Bolton midweek, and now face a Liverpool side looking to make up for their disappointment of drawing to Wigan when they had the chances to wrap it up early on. While scoring has been a problem for them, Liverpool continue to create chances, and they are due to give a team a pasting. With the injury problems Blackburn has, they have allowed 3 goals in 3 of their last 4 games to sides like Stoke, Wigan and Norwich, and though they have scored in some of these games, they face the best defence in the league. Doubt that they will score, but Liverpool should score a few here, if they continue to create the chances Man Utd - Wigan under 2.5 @ 2.75 bet365 Having drawn 1-1 with Chelsea and 0-0 with Liverpool, Wigan have shown that they are not a side that are easily outplayed, and expect this fortitude to carry on from here. Also with 2-1 wins in their last two away games at West Brom and Sunderland, they are a team that is carrying some form into this game. This will be a much tougher test as they go to Old Trafford, as Man Utd have scored 11 goals in their last 3 games, and allowed just one goal. In 13 games with Wigan, Man Utd have allowed just 4 goals and they will find it very difficult to score here. Liking Wigan to keep this pretty close but getting something here will be very difficult. However their recent form is encouraging enough to suggest that they will not get blown out, and like them to play their part in a low scoring game Sunderland - Everton over 2.5 @ 2.21 pinnacle Sunderland have got some confidence back with a new manager and 2 wins in their last 3 games. They have scored at least twice in these wins but the problems is still their defence, that has allowed goals in their last 5 games, with at least two goals allowed in 3 of these 5 games. Everton will relish their visit to Sunderland as they have won 10 and drawn 3 of their last 13 games against Sunderland, so they are their bogey side. They managed to beat Swansea 1-0 at home and drew 1-1 with Norwich where they should have scored a few more, and they have won 2 of their last 4 away games, winning 2-0 at Bolton and 3-1 at Fulham, so they can score on the road, scoring in 4 of their last 5 road games. These two sides drew 2-2 last year in the corresponding game, and can see both sides scoring, and with the improving form they bring into this game, doubt either side will settle for a point West Brom - Man City over 3.5 @ 2.55 pinnacle West Brom have won their last two games, which were both on the road, as they beat Newcastle 3-2 and Blackburn 2-1. Now at home they look to do the same but trying to do that against the competition leaders will be too much for them. They have not had a clean sheet in their last 9 games, allowing at least two goals in 5 of them, with both Tottenham and Arsenal scoring three times on them. Man City will like their chances of scoring a few goals here, as they have scored at least three goals in 5 of their last 8 games, as well as in 4 of their last 7 road games. However they have conceded in 6 of these 7 road games, so like West Brom to get one here to help send it over. Stoke - Aston Villa under 2.5 @ 2.12 pinnacle Expect Stoke to have quite a bit of success from set pieces against Aston Villa, who have conceded goals in this way to Liverpool and Arsenal in their last two games. Stoke have scored in 6 of their last 8 games, as well as scoring at least twice in 4 of their last 6 games. Like them to score on this Villa defence that has allowed at least two goals in their last 7 games. Conversely, Stoke have conceded in 7 of their last 8 games, and with Villa having scored in 5 of thier last 7 games, then the odds look good for both teams to only score here, but also send it over. With Bent likely to be back, to help Agbolnahor up front, then can see them doing well on this Stoke defence. Stoke won 2-1 in the corresponding game last year, and they have gone over in 2 of their last 3 games at Stoke, so like this game to have a few goals in it Arsenal -2.5 @ 2.68 bet365 Wolves have lost their last 6 games on the road and doubt that this will change here. They have allowed goals to the top sides in the league, losing 4-1 at Man Utd, 3-0 at Chelsea and 3-1 at Man City, and will be wary of it happening here too, especially with the likes of van Persie in very good goalscoring form. Like this Arsenal defence to hold Wolves in check, as they have allowed just two goals in their last 4 games, and have allowed Wolves to score just once against them in their last 4 meetings. Plenty of height to stop anything that Wolves may play in the air, while Arsenal should have too much pace and movement down the flanks for them. Swansea @ 2.03 pinnacle Swansea have the defence to stop whatever QPR can throw at them, as they have 3 clean sheets in their last 5 games, as well as allowing just two goals in their 8 home games this season. With 4 wins and 3 wins in these 8 home games, like them to be too good for a QPR side that has a draw and 4 losses in their last 5 games, and a win and 4 losses in their last 5 away games. They have allowed at least two goals in 4 of these 5 away games, and like Swansea to do enough to win this game, with their defence being the key to their win. Tottenham @ 1.81 pinnacle Norwich have scored and conceded in 11 of their last 12 games, and though they have 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses in these 12 games, these losses have been to the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City. They have allowed at least two goals in 7 of these 12 games, and though they can score, their defence do give up goals. They face a Spurs side that has won 7 of its last 9 games, and have scored at least two goals in 6 of these games. Defensively, they have just 3 clean sheets, but have allowed just one goal in 5 other games, relying on their attack to score more than the other side. They should have too much class for Norwich that have given up goals this season, and expect them to do so again. Season record: 69-92 (+9.19)

Also check head to head meetings between these two sides. As I have said in my earlier post Chelsea bet Fulham by more than 1 goal once in their last 10 games.
It's more to do with current circumstances that I'm basing the bet on rather than past stats. Though the fact that Fulham have scored just 4 goals on the road in 8 games is in this bets favour. fulhan haven't won at Stamford bridge since 1964 and they have won just 4 of their last 44 away matches. But ultimately, the bet is based on what I see as current circumstances which in my eyes definitely gives Chelsea the edge. Fulham lost their last away game 2-0 to swansea and I fancy Chelsea to be able to match that margin, especially considering Fulham have had a very busy schedule since then. I fully understand people not fancying large handicaps. I don't usually, but in this case I see something I like. Man Utd and Liverpool are -2 in their respective matches, Arsenal -1.75. With all factors considered, I think the -1.5 on chelsea is a fair price. Good luck with your bets:ok

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December short thoughts: Villa - Stoke draw This game promises to be a tight affair. Villa played a good game against Arsenal, with some players back from sidelines and this should give Villa players conifdence. Stoke tough team to play against as Pulis made them a battling team, and they will have Crouch back from ilness. all in all, with Villa tendency do draw away game i see some value int he odds and draw is the bet here. City -1 I know odds are bad, but i simply cant see anything apart from City win. WBA no way in same level as City who has full team with two doubts which are replacalbe easily. no need for long storire, better team should win here. Sunderland 0ah Excellent odds for Sunderland at least not to loose. I reckon Oneill is wokrking his charms already and despite they werent solid at back against QPR, they did manage to win it. Overall home team do have enough quality in the team to come from this positions. i believe they are mch closer to the win as Everton., but still, dnb looks safety switch here.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Today West Brom vs Manchester City Manchester City is with 53 scoring Goals the Goalmachine of the League, they've scored 53 Goals in just 17 Matches, thats amazing I think. West Brom is taking place on the 10th in the League Table, I think thats a good one for West Brom. I think that there will be very much goals in this Match right here, because of the Bombing Offensive of Man City. Furthermore West Brom is in the position to score goals also. Look, they`ve scored every time in the last 6 Matches. I will look forward to place some bets on the overs and goalscorers. Kun Agüero is with 23 Years one of the best strikers of the world and he’s amazing. He had scored 13 Goals in just 16 Matches, very good Statistic I think so. Over 2,5 Goals @1,67 betfair (7/10) Over 3,5 Goals@2,62 betfair(4/10) Agüero to score @ 2,08 betfair (2/10) Probable Team Lineups:: West Bromwich Foster - Shorey - McAuley - Olsson - Jones - Thomas - Scharner - Mulumbu - Brunt - Odemwingie - Long Manchester City Hart - Clichy - Lescott - Kompany - Zabaleta - Kolo Toure - Barry - Nasri - David Silva - Balotelli -Kun Agüero __________________ Manchester United vs Wigan Athletic Another Bet with good value in my opinion is Wayne Rooney To score. I think that ManU will win this game is clear but I cant see anyvalue in here. The Handicap doesnt have value too I think so. Wayne Rooney is in a fine form, did well. He scored 13 Goals in 16 Matches like Agüero did it for Man City. I think Wayne Rooney to score have good value. Wayner Rooney to score @ 1,72 betfair (4/10) Probable Team Lineups: Man Utd: De Gea, Evra, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Giggs, Carrick, Valencia, Nani, Rooney,Welbeck. Wigan: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Stam, Diame, Jones, Gomez, McCarthy, Sammon, Moses. PS: Sorry that my english isn't perfect...I'm not an englisch men :unsure

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Today I took a 2 match accumulator....the picks are: Manchester Utd -1 (normal handicap) and Arsenal -1AH combined odds 1,98@BET365 strength 10/10 I had chosen the Man UTD -1 handicap bet (odds 1,5) cause I googled their history with Wigan and I realized that they won 12 previous matches against WIGAN. They failed to cover this handicap only 3times in those matchces. On the other hand wigan is one of the worst visitors in premier league, they have scored 6 goals while conceded 16 outside of the house. They havent lost in their last 3 matches. They drew against liverpool and chelsea...but it was at home. Man Utd won quite a few battles against better teams in recent weeks...they are on a roll now...and they look very consistent with in form rooney on their side and many others that are going to support him....I think this bet is a banker. Arsenal -1AH Arsenal won the previous 6 encounters against Wolves. And failed only once to cover my handicap. They look that they finally gain some consistency and are prepared to produce good results. Wolves are shit at the moment...they are leaking goals from every side...they have a very poor form as guests 6 goals scored 17 conceded...only swansea city is worse...I think -1 normal handicap would have more value...but i am betting my liferoll on this bet so I took the safer road...I think arsenal at home will have too much for strugling wovlves...Only thing that concerns my mind is that I heard rumors about Van Persie starting on the bench....despite the possibility that he can break a record...I hope he will start ´cause If not It will be much tougher for my beloved gunners.... Wish u all luck...hope you do the same for me...any opinions are welcomed :ok

Bet: Arsenal -2 Odds: 8/5 Strength: 8/10 Arsenal have worked extremely hard to get back into the mix for the race for 4th place and Wolves at the emirates shouldn't deem to much trouble, the mix of arsenals slick attacking style and Van Persie needing two goals to beat the yearly record screams goals for arsenal. Wolves have shipped two or more goals in their last six away games and the last 4 fixture between these two sides at the emirates have finished with an Arsenal clean sheet.

A Handicap Draw' date=' means that Team A, must win by one goal. If its marked (0-1) : x.[/quote'] I still don't get it. As in Bet365, they have it as handicap result For example in the Arsenal - Wolves game, they have Arsenal (-2) odds2.62, Tie -(Wolves +2) odds4 and wolves(+2) odds2.05 Initially I thought it works just as in Asian Handicap but once I did bet on the tie (team B +2) and the score was 0-0. My bet loss and when I enquired with Bet365, they told me that the bet would only win if team B scored a goal. :sadSorry for being clueless but I'm really confuse on this.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Bolton v Newcastle OVER 2.5 @ 1.75 Feeling pretty confident that this match has goals in it. Watched Newcastle's home defeat to WBA and I thought it could have easily been a home win, trully entertaining stuff from both teams.. Pardrew likes his team scoring goals and they have done so in each of their last 5 away games. 4/5 of them were overs The home side recorded a very important away win at hopeless Blackburn. I thought Coyle got his tactics spot on, applying pressure early on and then shut up shop. The thing is, I really don't rate Bolton's defence. Two average clowns playing fullbacks, and Gary Cahill who must be dreaming of playing CL football with Chelsea in the near future. Bolton needs to add to their 12 points so far in the league, Newcastle have gone 6 without winning. WBA v MAN CITY OVER 2.5 @ 1.55 Its worth mentioning that West Brom scored in each of their last 6 PL games. Last round they got a nice 3:2 away win at Newcastle, playing some nice attacking football.. I can see them scoring a set piece of some sort against City today. Long & Odemwingie are decent forwards too. As for City, no team has been able to prevent them from scoring, domestically. They have plently of talent on show, and goals always come from somewhere.. If they are to win the league, this should be a win, against a mid table side at most. I'm going to consistently post my predictions, and keep track of my record from today onwards. Normally when i post my picks, i jinx my bets so today is hopefully a new start :)

Liverpool V Blackburn As mentioned above, I expect Liverpool to be amongst the goals on Boxing Day. It is of course a concern that Liverpool have only managed 20 goals in their 17 games to date. But they have missed 3 penalties, and hit the woodwork no less than 17 times. They have been creating plenty of chances, and should of/could of had 5-6 against Villa and QPR, and also beaten Fulham and Wigan comfortably. Their opponents Blackburn will offer up chances, no doubt. A few stats: - No clean sheet all season - Have conceded 2 or more in 13 of 17 this season - Have conceded at least 2 in last 6, against the likes of Bolton, Wigan, West Brom and Swansea - On the road shipped 19 in 8, and 11 in last 4 Blackburn are obviously struggling in defence, and are clearly missing Neilsen, Dann and Givet. With Liverpool getting plenty of width via their marauding full backs, it should come down to whether Liverpool can convert enough of many opportunites imo. I struggle to see how they don;t get at least 2. Took the goal prices a couple of days ago, so bit shorter now. Push on 2 goals. I don't normally like backing goalscorer markets, but I think there might be a play in this game. I watched the highlights of the Blackburn V West Brom game, and thought that Blackburn looked vunerable on the left hand side of defence. With the current injuries, and the Salgado shenanigans, this is no suprise. Odemwinge scored the winner cutting in from the right, onto his left-foot, and while it was a fine finish, the space he got was unbelievable. On the right for Liverpool are Stewart Downing supported by Glen Johnson. While right-footed, Johnson is not afraid to cut in onto his left and has notched a few times with this peg. In addition, since switching to the right-hand side in recent weeks, Downing has looked more comfortable imo. He links much better with Johnson on that side, than with Enrique on the left. Enrique and Downing seemed to be continually running into each others space. I can see left-footed Downing cutting inside regularly, and if afforded the space that Odemwinge was given, should have a good chance of scoring. Downing is currently best price 4.5 to score anytime, and Johnson 7.0. Would hope to be able to get a bit better than this on Betfair nearer to kick-off. And will probably split a point between both 0.5pts Stewart Downing Anytime scorer @ best price 0.5pts Glen Johson Anytime scorer @ best price 4pts Over 1.5 Liverpool Team Goals @1.5 - Boylesports 2pts Over 2.5 Liverpool Team Goals @2.25 - Boylesports :hope
Got the anytime goalscorer bets matched. Increased the stake on Downing as the price was very nice imo 0.5pts Glen Johnson @9.0 1pts Stewart Downing @7.4

Chelsea - Fulham Even though Fulham was beaten 5-0 by Man.United I can't see why Chelsea are such a strong favorites taking into account their inconsistent form. It is very rare in Premier League to see a team get beaten heavily 2 games in a row. Moreover, Chelsea did not have easy games against Fulham in the recent years. Chelsea won 6 out of the last 10 games against Fulham and only once did they manage to win by more than 1 goal. Fulham have some decent player and they did manage to take a point from Arsenal at the Emirates and taking into account their record against Chelsea I can't see them losing this game by more than 1 goal. Fulham + 1.5 @ 1.93 (2 units) Bet365
Nice start for the holidays :beer

Liverpool - Blackburn Liverpool kept clean sheet only in 2 out of 8 home games this season while Blackbrun failed to score in only 3 out of 9 home games but they did score in all of their away games. Moreover, they have scored in 9 out of their last 10 games. After checking head to head stats between these 2 sides I have noticed that in the last 5 games between these two sides at Anfield both teams scored in 4 out of 5 games. Both to Score @ 2.20 (3 units) William Hill
This one won :cheers
Man.United -1 & Man.City @ 2.02 (4 units) William Hill
Man.City were really poor today as if they have drunk a lot yesterday. Main bet lost but thanks to other winning ones made a tiny profit today.

Had done a big write-up on this but lost it, so key points: West Brom V Man City - City have only dropped 7 points all season, and excluding games against the top 6, their record reads P12 W11 D1 L0 F39 A10. - So an average of 3.25 goals per game - 25 away goals scored in 8 games all told, average of 3.125 - Both teams scored in 7 of 8 aways (3 of 4 excluding top 6) - West Brom only won 2 of 8 at home this season - Vs Top 6 at home - Man Utd (L 1-2) Liverpool (L 0-2) Spurs (L 1-3) - Both teams scored in last 6 Successfully opposed West Brom plenty of times this season, however since Long has returned, the trio of himself, Brunt and Odemwinge have been functioning very well. Have won their last 2 on the road, including 3-2 v Newcastle mid-week. However they gave up 10 corners and 21 goal attempts to Newcastle along with the 2 goals. Also at home, if they fall behind, they are very vunerable on the break. Liverpool could have had 5 or 6 (story of their season!!). City were imperious vs Stoke midweek, racking up 20 goal attempts, 16 on target. What puts me off taking City on a handicap is West Brom's recent goal threat, and City's sloppy defending away from home (2-3 wins at Bolton & QPR and 2-2 at Fulham). So will back team goals instead. City are 1.65 to win the Race To 2 Goals, and 2.7 to win the Race to 3 goals, with William Hill. However I will play it safer and just back the team goals. Will leave a push on 2 goals. 3pts Over 1.5 Man City Team Goals @1.5 - Bet365 1.5pts Over 2.5 Man City Team Goals @2.5 - Bet365 :hope
0-0 City very poor :(

Ladbrokes Striker Bet Coupon Posted about this a while back, but didn't collect. To remind, the aim is to name any 3 anytime scorers in that round of the PL fixtures. Price is 11.0. With a number of strongly fancied favourites, it looks to be well worth a pop this week. 1. Van Persie - on fire at present. 3 in last 4, 7 in last 7, 13 in last 11. Takes penalties and with Arsenal at home to goals, you would expect him to score. 2. Rooney - has come out of his goal drought at last, and has netted 4 times in his last 3 games. United home to Wigan and so there should be a few goals around. Takes penalties as well. 2. Suarez - Might not be everyones pick, but really fancy Liverpool to put a few past Blackburn, and think Suarez will be among the goals. Blackburn very depleted at the back, and Liverpool's movement will be too much for them imo. As I said before, don't normally like taking these enhanced specials. However given that the best price for the treble on the highstreet is 4.77 with BWin, then the 11.0 has to be worth a pop. These are my 3, but with Chelsea and City also being strong favourites, there are plenty of decent looking options. 1pt Ladbrokes Striker Treble (as above) @11.0 :hope
P'ah!! Suarez couldn't fionish his dinner lately Rooney didn't start and let Berb take the peno for his hatrick

Liverpool V Blackburn As mentioned above, I expect Liverpool to be amongst the goals on Boxing Day. It is of course a concern that Liverpool have only managed 20 goals in their 17 games to date. But they have missed 3 penalties, and hit the woodwork no less than 17 times. They have been creating plenty of chances, and should of/could of had 5-6 against Villa and QPR, and also beaten Fulham and Wigan comfortably. Their opponents Blackburn will offer up chances, no doubt. A few stats: - No clean sheet all season - Have conceded 2 or more in 13 of 17 this season - Have conceded at least 2 in last 6, against the likes of Bolton, Wigan, West Brom and Swansea - On the road shipped 19 in 8, and 11 in last 4 Blackburn are obviously struggling in defence, and are clearly missing Neilsen, Dann and Givet. With Liverpool getting plenty of width via their marauding full backs, it should come down to whether Liverpool can convert enough of many opportunites imo. I struggle to see how they don;t get at least 2. Took the goal prices a couple of days ago, so bit shorter now. Push on 2 goals. I don't normally like backing goalscorer markets, but I think there might be a play in this game. I watched the highlights of the Blackburn V West Brom game, and thought that Blackburn looked vunerable on the left hand side of defence. With the current injuries, and the Salgado shenanigans, this is no suprise. Odemwinge scored the winner cutting in from the right, onto his left-foot, and while it was a fine finish, the space he got was unbelievable. On the right for Liverpool are Stewart Downing supported by Glen Johnson. While right-footed, Johnson is not afraid to cut in onto his left and has notched a few times with this peg. In addition, since switching to the right-hand side in recent weeks, Downing has looked more comfortable imo. He links much better with Johnson on that side, than with Enrique on the left. Enrique and Downing seemed to be continually running into each others space. I can see left-footed Downing cutting inside regularly, and if afforded the space that Odemwinge was given, should have a good chance of scoring. Downing is currently best price 4.5 to score anytime, and Johnson 7.0. Would hope to be able to get a bit better than this on Betfair nearer to kick-off. And will probably split a point between both 0.5pts Stewart Downing Anytime scorer @ best price 0.5pts Glen Johson Anytime scorer @ best price 4pts Over 1.5 Liverpool Team Goals @1.5 - Boylesports 2pts Over 2.5 Liverpool Team Goals @2.25 - Boylesports :hope
Bad day at the office!! :puke Same old story for Liverpool, can't score and away keeper has a blinder. 27 goal attempts, 12 on target!! And yet one goal. Downing had a couple of good chances, but looks to be badly lacking confidence infront of goal. Sorry for anyone that followed :$ Bookies xmas paid for already with Chelsea, Liverpool and City all failing!!

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December I suck, bet the opposite of me and u'll be rich Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Stoke City - Aston Villa Selection Over 3.5 goals Strength 3/10 Date 26/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 3.76 Reasoning Idiot day, last chance to try and salvage something. Stoke City rested its main players in the game lost 3-0 at Manchester City. Obviously they will treat this game very seriously and anything but a win would be considered a dissapointment. Defender Shawcross returns for Stoke, after being suspended against City. As for Aston Villa, they finally showed some life in their 1-2 loss at home to Arsenal. They looked very dangerous at time up-front, however their defense was a mess every time they had to defend set pieces. And if it's one team who knows how to take advantage of this, that is Stoke City. Stoke can play high scoring games at home, especially lately, 4 goals here isn't impossible.