** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December

Spooner

Monday 26 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Chelsea v Fulham (13:00 GMT) 1.33 5.5 13.5 100.59 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United (15:00 GMT) 2.6 3.5 2.88 101.76 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers (15:00 GMT) 1.3 6 15 100.26 %
maximize.gif Manchester United v Wigan Athletic (15:00 GMT) 1.18 9 25 99.73 %
maximize.gif Sunderland v Everton (15:00 GMT) 2.5 3.45 3.1 101.24 %
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City (15:00 GMT) 8.2 4.8 1.5 99.70 %
maximize.gif Stoke City v Aston Villa (19:45 GMT) 1.97 3.6 4.5 100.76 %
Tuesday 27 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 GMT) 1.25 6.8 16.5 100.77 %
maximize.gif Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers (17:00 GMT) 2.12 3.5 3.95 101.06 %
maximize.gif Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur (19:30 GMT) 5 3.9 1.82 100.59 %

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December

Sunderland under MON look to be a better team - they managed to beat QPR last game with a morale boosting 3-2 win, even if they let a 2-0 lead slip. Out of their last 5 games, they've lost only 1, winning 1 and drawing 3. Everton's away form is 2 wins and 3 losses. THeir goalscoring problems is well documented. Given Sunderland's recent positive momentum I'd take them to win or Draw No bet - as a likelier possibility.

Sunderland under MON look to be a better team - they managed to beat QPR last game with a morale boosting 3-2 win, even if they let a 2-0 lead slip. Out of their last 5 games, they've lost only 1, winning 1 and drawing 3. Everton's away form is 2 wins and 3 losses. THeir goalscoring problems is well documented. Given Sunderland's recent positive momentum I'd take them to win or Draw No bet - as a likelier possibility.
That's what needed here. Not a doctoral essay, just a few words :ok

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Bolton is a very poor home team with 1 win and 7 loses. Sure they won against Blackburn, but Newcastle is a much much better team than Blackburn. The only concern for me is the is the injury situation in Newcastle, anyone knows which players will be missing?

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Don't forget Newcastle haven't won in six now ;) and Bolton will be buoyed by the win over Blackburn. That price on Stoke can't be for real. I know Villa have slipped somewhat, but I'd still make them about 3.5 as an away side tbh. Stoke haven't had as good a home record as past seasons, and the way Villa approached the Arsenal game can provide encouragement.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December I've gone for a bit of a punt this week. An over 2.5 goal Acca Man Utd v Wigan Chelsea v Fulham West Brom V Man City Arsenal V Wolves Odds 6.05 through Paddy Power. The reasoning was as simple as Man City & United have been ruthless in attack recently and Chelsea and Arsenal are always strong at home. With the exception of Wigan (i.e relying on United to score 3) I believe the other 3 opponents are capable of scoring as well to ease the burden. Best of luck and happy Xmas all :clap

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Sunderland to beat Everton 6/4 Bet365, Victor Chandler, William Hill, Betfred Sunderland are a much better team now with two wins out of three. They managed a total of 23 shots on target in the games against Blackburn and QPR. With that kind of performance 6/4 seems good value against a mediocre Everton side.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December First bet for me for the Boxing Day games: Bolton vs Newcastle OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (Boyles:6pts) This just has the feel of an overs game. Bolton got a massive win away to Blackburn but again, defensively they just cannot shut up shop. Samba had a great chance to make it 2-2 but missed a header, they really struggle to keep clean sheets and their home form has been terrible this season: *Played 8, 1 Win, 0 Draws, 7 Losses. Scored 10, Conceded 21. I have no doubt that they will be buoyed by a massive win at Blackburn but Bolton still look like a very shaky team, I expect they'll have a good go at Newcastle who are rocking recently, so potential for openings at both ends of the pitch IMO. Newcastle's results have expectedly dipped in recent weeks(didnt quite expect the last couple of results though), changes at the back and loss of continuity in midfield has really hurt them, with Taylor's injury and Tiote and Cabaye have both missed the odd game. Both of them should play this one which is a massive boost for the Toon but their defence is still not at it's best these days so I would expect Bolton to cause them problems at home, test them down the flanks where they've had issues. By the same token Newcastle have goals in them, and have been reasonably good on the road this season: * Played 8, 3 Wins, 3 Draws, 2 Losses. Scored 11, Conceded 11. With Ba up front being one of the signings of the season and a shaky Bolton backline, it's hard to see Newcastle not scoring in this one. Overs for me. GL!

Sunderland to beat Everton 6/4 Bet365, Victor Chandler, William Hill, Betfred Sunderland are a much better team now with two wins out of three. They managed a total of 23 shots on target in the games against Blackburn and QPR. With that kind of performance 6/4 seems good value against a mediocre Everton side.
For some reason I had a thought in my mind that O'Neill cancelled training on Christmas eve/day.. can anyone confirm or deny this? His record given the opposition isn't too bad so it suggests they do train:: Looking at Wiki.. his Villa side lost 3-0 at Arsenal 2 years ago (were Arsenal on a poor run at the time though?) Drew 2-2 at home to Arsenal 3 years ago Drew 4-4 at Chelsea 4 years ago Lost 2-1 at Spurs 5 years ago

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Had done a big write-up on this but lost it, so key points: West Brom V Man City - City have only dropped 7 points all season, and excluding games against the top 6, their record reads P12 W11 D1 L0 F39 A10. - So an average of 3.25 goals per game - 25 away goals scored in 8 games all told, average of 3.125 - Both teams scored in 7 of 8 aways (3 of 4 excluding top 6) - West Brom only won 2 of 8 at home this season - Vs Top 6 at home - Man Utd (L 1-2) Liverpool (L 0-2) Spurs (L 1-3) - Both teams scored in last 6 Successfully opposed West Brom plenty of times this season, however since Long has returned, the trio of himself, Brunt and Odemwinge have been functioning very well. Have won their last 2 on the road, including 3-2 v Newcastle mid-week. However they gave up 10 corners and 21 goal attempts to Newcastle along with the 2 goals. Also at home, if they fall behind, they are very vunerable on the break. Liverpool could have had 5 or 6 (story of their season!!). City were imperious vs Stoke midweek, racking up 20 goal attempts, 16 on target. What puts me off taking City on a handicap is West Brom's recent goal threat, and City's sloppy defending away from home (2-3 wins at Bolton & QPR and 2-2 at Fulham). So will back team goals instead. City are 1.65 to win the Race To 2 Goals, and 2.7 to win the Race to 3 goals, with William Hill. However I will play it safer and just back the team goals. Will leave a push on 2 goals. 3pts Over 1.5 Man City Team Goals @1.5 - Bet365 1.5pts Over 2.5 Man City Team Goals @2.5 - Bet365 :hope

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December As a spurs fan I hate to say that I like the price on Norwich. Norwich have had 2 extra days to prepare for this match and Spurs have just come off the back of a tough game against Chelsea. Spurs will be missing Van Der Vaart and Lennon for sure which means Modric might end up playing on the right side of midfield again which means we lose his effectiveness in the middle of the pitch. Norwich have been fairly impressive this season and seem likely to avoid relegation. They score plenty but also concede quite a few as well. They don't have any star names but seem to be a well organised outfit who have given a tough game to the other top PL teams both home and away so far this season. I'm not completely confident that Norwich can win this, but 4/1 to win is bigger than I thought the price would be, so I definitely think there is some value in their price. Norwich or the draw at 2.05 (william hill) is also a bet that I think has some value. I'm not taking them myself as i'm not going to back against my team but just thought i'd highlight the prices for other punters to take advantage of.

Bolton is a very poor home team with 1 win and 7 loses. Sure they won against Blackburn, but Newcastle is a much much better team than Blackburn. The only concern for me is the is the injury situation in Newcastle, anyone knows which players will be missing?
Newcastle will have Cabaye back from suspension and he will add a lot to the midfield which was all at sea along with the defence on Wednesday night. Tiote will be pleased to have him back and with only Santon (knee) a worry except from the long term absentees S. Taylor, Marveaux & Guthrie. The team will probably be ; - Krul, Simpson, Santon/Taylor, Collo, Perch, Obertan, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Best/HBA, Ba We were very unlucky against Swansea and then on Wednesday nite West Brom keep hitting us with sucker punches on the break with Long/Odenwinge up front. NUFC had a couple of goals chalked off, hit the bar and Foster made a few good saves and at the moment we just aren't getting the breaks. However I don't expect the same attacking force from Bolton who have Ngog & Klasnic and maybe Davies and think we will get a result? Saying that Newcastle have a terrible record on Boxing Day with 6 defeats & 3 draws out of the last 9 years. 2001/02 was the last win on Boxing day against Middlesborough so it's a hard one to call. Both teams are conceeding goals for fun at the moment so it's likely to see goals and the way Ba is playing he looks like scoring every time he gets the ball. Therefore my selections would be ; - Bolton - Newcastle Draw 15/8 Skybet 6pts 2-2 Draw 14/1 Betfred 3pts Ba to score first 5/1 Paddy Power 4pts

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Man Utd - Wigan Man Utd to win to nil 4/5 Can't see anything other than a comfortable United victory and this market seems the best way to profit from that. This would have come in 7 of the previous 8 times the two sides have met, including the last 4 meetings at Old Trafford. Even with United's defensive absentees I just don't see Wigan posing much of a threat and Martinez doesn't tend to throw caution to the wind when Wigan do go behind. I'll probably wait to see the team news but I'm quite liking the price of Stoke to beat Villa. Stoke didn't go all out for it against City and seemed to be leaving something in the tank for this game. Stoke's potency from set-pieces combined with Villa's inability to defend corners at the moment could be decisive.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Norwich v Spurs: Over 2.5 goals @ 4/6 with Stanjames Quite simply each of these teams usually guarantee goals in their matches and both play attacking football. 75% of Norwich home games have gone over 2.5 87.5% of Spurs' away games have gone over 2.5 I see this being an end-to-end classic really and don't think expecting at least 3 goals to be scored is out of the question.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Liverpool - Blackburn Liverpool kept clean sheet only in 2 out of 8 home games this season while Blackbrun failed to score in only 3 out of 9 home games but they did score in all of their away games. Moreover, they have scored in 9 out of their last 10 games. After checking head to head stats between these 2 sides I have noticed that in the last 5 games between these two sides at Anfield both teams scored in 4 out of 5 games. Both to Score @ 2.20 (3 units) William Hill

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December West Brom v Man City Man City-Man City Half Time/Full Time @ 6/5 Strength 10/10 West Brom have picked up two away wins of late at Blackburn and Newcastle but both games could have easily gone the other way. West Brom have only led once at half time in their 8 home games this season. City on the other hand are still looking irresistible and with the strike force they have you cannot see the bagies holding them off for 45 mins, defending side of things their last two games have ended in clean sheets, Van Persie and co troubled them but couldn't break through and they fended off Stoke with ease in midweek after Stoke hardly troubled Joe Hart at all. Bet: Half Time/Full Time Result: Man City-Man City Odds: 6/5 Strength: 10/10

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December I think Swansea are good value at over evens to beat QPR on the 27th. At home this season, Swansea have impressed, having won 4, drawn 3 and lost just the one game which was a solitary one goal loss against Manchester United. Swansea have been strong defensively too as they have conceded only 2 goals out of those 8 games, they have scored 10 in those 8 games. QPR conversely have lost 5 and won 3 of their away games this season. The side have scored 9 goals in their away fixtures but conceded 16! QPR struggle defensively and conceded 3 in their most recent home fixture against Sunderland. I think Swansea will have enough to merit backing them at odds of 11/10 with Paddy Power. I would go 10/10 for them to win.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December That bet on Sunderland and it was a long time thinking . Sundelandu begins to flourish two of three match victory and one defeat and a great addition to Tottenham striker . As Evrtonu worried the game in front in the last round victory over close vydřel Swansea , Sunderland For this match , although handsome in a state of 2:0 to give two goals left , but in the end he managed to win over QPR What do a little mutual balance is suspended when Sunderland beat Evrton 22.12 2,001th So perhaps after ten years and five days again Sunderland will again ?

Že vsadím na Sunderland a tom už delší dobu přemýšlím. Sundelandu se začíná dařit ze tří zápasu 2 vítěství a jedna prohra a to navíc proti výborně hrajícímu Tottenhamu. Co se týče Evrtonu trápí se ve hře do předu v posledním kole vydřel těsné vítěství nad Swansea' date=' Za to Sunderland v pohledném zápase sice za stavu 2:0 si nechal dát dvě branky, ale na konec se mu podařilo vyhrát nad Q.P.R. Nad čím se trochu pozastavuji je vzájemná bilance kdy Sunderland porazil Evrton 22.12. 2001. Tak snad po deseti letech a pěti dnech se to opět Sunderlandu opět povede?[/quote'] Eh?????

That bet on Sunderland and it was a long time thinking . Sundelandu begins to flourish two of three match victory and one defeat and a great addition to Tottenham striker . As Evrtonu worried the game in front in the last round victory over close vydřel Swansea ' date=' Sunderland For this match , although handsome in a state of 2:0 to give two goals left , but in the end he managed to win over QPR What do a little mutual balance is suspended when Sunderland beat Evrton 22.12 2,001th So perhaps after ten years and five days again Sunderland will again ?[/quote'] Eh?? No

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Ladbrokes Striker Bet Coupon Posted about this a while back, but didn't collect. To remind, the aim is to name any 3 anytime scorers in that round of the PL fixtures. Price is 11.0. With a number of strongly fancied favourites, it looks to be well worth a pop this week. 1. Van Persie - on fire at present. 3 in last 4, 7 in last 7, 13 in last 11. Takes penalties and with Arsenal at home to goals, you would expect him to score. 2. Rooney - has come out of his goal drought at last, and has netted 4 times in his last 3 games. United home to Wigan and so there should be a few goals around. Takes penalties as well. 2. Suarez - Might not be everyones pick, but really fancy Liverpool to put a few past Blackburn, and think Suarez will be among the goals. Blackburn very depleted at the back, and Liverpool's movement will be too much for them imo. As I said before, don't normally like taking these enhanced specials. However given that the best price for the treble on the highstreet is 4.77 with BWin, then the 11.0 has to be worth a pop. These are my 3, but with Chelsea and City also being strong favourites, there are plenty of decent looking options. 1pt Ladbrokes Striker Treble (as above) @11.0 :hope

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Liverpool V Blackburn As mentioned above, I expect Liverpool to be amongst the goals on Boxing Day. It is of course a concern that Liverpool have only managed 20 goals in their 17 games to date. But they have missed 3 penalties, and hit the woodwork no less than 17 times. They have been creating plenty of chances, and should of/could of had 5-6 against Villa and QPR, and also beaten Fulham and Wigan comfortably. Their opponents Blackburn will offer up chances, no doubt. A few stats: - No clean sheet all season - Have conceded 2 or more in 13 of 17 this season - Have conceded at least 2 in last 6, against the likes of Bolton, Wigan, West Brom and Swansea - On the road shipped 19 in 8, and 11 in last 4 Blackburn are obviously struggling in defence, and are clearly missing Neilsen, Dann and Givet. With Liverpool getting plenty of width via their marauding full backs, it should come down to whether Liverpool can convert enough of many opportunites imo. I struggle to see how they don;t get at least 2. Took the goal prices a couple of days ago, so bit shorter now. Push on 2 goals. I don't normally like backing goalscorer markets, but I think there might be a play in this game. I watched the highlights of the Blackburn V West Brom game, and thought that Blackburn looked vunerable on the left hand side of defence. With the current injuries, and the Salgado shenanigans, this is no suprise. Odemwinge scored the winner cutting in from the right, onto his left-foot, and while it was a fine finish, the space he got was unbelievable. On the right for Liverpool are Stewart Downing supported by Glen Johnson. While right-footed, Johnson is not afraid to cut in onto his left and has notched a few times with this peg. In addition, since switching to the right-hand side in recent weeks, Downing has looked more comfortable imo. He links much better with Johnson on that side, than with Enrique on the left. Enrique and Downing seemed to be continually running into each others space. I can see left-footed Downing cutting inside regularly, and if afforded the space that Odemwinge was given, should have a good chance of scoring. Downing is currently best price 4.5 to score anytime, and Johnson 7.0. Would hope to be able to get a bit better than this on Betfair nearer to kick-off. And will probably split a point between both 0.5pts Stewart Downing Anytime scorer @ best price 0.5pts Glen Johson Anytime scorer @ best price 4pts Over 1.5 Liverpool Team Goals @1.5 - Boylesports 2pts Over 2.5 Liverpool Team Goals @2.25 - Boylesports :hope

Re: England > Boxing Day > Barclays Premier League > 26-27 December Kiddo, I'm guessing this is an in the shop coupon? Couldn't find it online, incredibly though on ladbrokes own website they have an 'enhanced multiple' of Rooney, Drogba and Saurez to score at 3/1! So you can either take this or nip down to your local shop at take 10/1:loon. Really good value in this multiple this week, thanks for sharing.

Ladbrokes Striker Bet Coupon Posted about this a while back, but didn't collect. To remind, the aim is to name any 3 anytime scorers in that round of the PL fixtures. Price is 11.0. With a number of strongly fancied favourites, it looks to be well worth a pop this week. 1. Van Persie - on fire at present. 3 in last 4, 7 in last 7, 13 in last 11. Takes penalties and with Arsenal at home to goals, you would expect him to score. 2. Rooney - has come out of his goal drought at last, and has netted 4 times in his last 3 games. United home to Wigan and so there should be a few goals around. Takes penalties as well. 2. Suarez - Might not be everyones pick, but really fancy Liverpool to put a few past Blackburn, and think Suarez will be among the goals. Blackburn very depleted at the back, and Liverpool's movement will be too much for them imo. As I said before, don't normally like taking these enhanced specials. However given that the best price for the treble on the highstreet is 4.77 with BWin, then the 11.0 has to be worth a pop. These are my 3, but with Chelsea and City also being strong favourites, there are plenty of decent looking options. 1pt Ladbrokes Striker Treble (as above) @11.0 :hope
This seems far good to be true, I remember you posting about this the last time and I couldnt find the coupon in my local Ladbrokes. Could you post an image of this?

This seems far good to be true' date=' I remember you posting about this the last time and I couldnt find the coupon in my local Ladbrokes. Could you post an image of this?[/quote'] Sorry pal, don't have one to hand. From other feedback, I'm fairly sure this is an "in-shop" only offer. A few people in the UK had said it was Ireland only, but would be very suprised at this as Ireland is such a small market for Ladbrokes. They definitey produce a coupon same as all the others (long-list, BTTS, etc).

I was at the recent Everton vs Stoke match, and Everton were toothless not a shot on target, although they did defend reasonably well. I think an away win may be a step too far, but it certainly looks like a draw maybee 0-0