** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17

Saturday 17 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Braintree Town v AFC Telford United (15:00 GMT) 6/5 12/5 12/5 104.11 %
maximize.gif Darlington v Cambridge United (15:00 GMT) 8/5 23/10 7/4 105.13 %
maximize.gif Forest Green Rovers v Lincoln City (15:00 GMT) 10/11 5/2 7/2 103.27 %
maximize.gif Grimsby Town v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 GMT) 21/20 12/5 3 103.19 %
maximize.gif Hayes & Yeading v Barrow (15:00 GMT) 9/5 12/5 29/20 106.15 %
maximize.gif Kettering Town v Bath City (15:00 GMT) 1/33 1/33 1/33 291.26 %
maximize.gif Newport County v Fleetwood Town (15:00 GMT) 3 12/5 21/20 103.19 %
maximize.gif Southport v Mansfield Town (15:00 GMT) 27/20 12/5 9/4 102.55 %
maximize.gif Stockport County v Alfreton Town (15:00 GMT) 13/10 23/10 9/4 104.55 %
maximize.gif Tamworth v Luton Town (15:00 GMT) 5/2 23/10 6/5 104.09 %
maximize.gif Wrexham v Gateshead (15:00 GMT) 4/6 13/5 9/2 106.11 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Is Luton takeable @ 6/5 (Stan James)? Tamworth look strong at home this season (W6 D3 L1) while Luton have drawn a lot of games away from home but I believe only 1 defeat. Maths says draw but I feel a possible victory for Luton maybe on the cards here. The away side have been under-acheiving so far but surely they will put a run of wins together soon? To be honest my knowledge of the two sides at present is poor, would appreciate views and wisdom from the non-league dynasty.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Luton is a no-bet for me this season. They're too incosistent and are punished for their 'too big to be in this league' mentality. I rate Gary Brabin, their manager, who managed to turn things around after taking over last season and took them to PO final and I agree with you that they should get a good run but IMO it will come later around Feb-March and should be enough to qualify for POs.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17

Is Luton takeable @ 6/5 (Stan James)? Tamworth look strong at home this season (W6 D3 L1) while Luton have drawn a lot of games away from home but I believe only 1 defeat. Maths says draw but I feel a possible victory for Luton maybe on the cards here. The away side have been under-acheiving so far but surely they will put a run of wins together soon? To be honest my knowledge of the two sides at present is poor, would appreciate views and wisdom from the non-league dynasty.
Ive been looking to take Tamworth on as much as possible in recent weeks as I dont think they are as good as the league position suggests. In normal circumstances I would be all over Luton at odds against here but I just cant trust Luton away from home. They have thrown away so many silly points on the road this season that I just think its safer to leave alone and if they win they win. For me Brabin doesnt know what his best team is as he loves to change his side, although they have had a few injuries during the season which hasnt helped. It should be a Luton win but for me its a game to leave alone.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 A couple of spread trades for me this weekend: I've bought total goals in the Stockport County/Alfreton Town game at 2.9 with Sporting Index. Despite the fact the conditions are against goals, and the nature of the match (a six-pointer) can produce a defensive belt-tightening, I still think that there is a decent chance that goals will make up. Alfreton are showing some signs of getting better in an attacking sense while Stockport are going round in circles, and neither side has been doing well defensively. No result would surprise me, especially a high-scoring draw. I've sold the time of the 2nd Mansfield Town goal at 76 with Sporting. Mansfield have been rather limp of late and haven't scored twice away since the end of September, but Paul Cox does have some decent attacking players at his disposal. I think it's a good time to be meeting a Southport side who are off their highs of a month ago, though the gameplan hasn't changed: they will charge forward at every opportunity, which could make them vulnerable to quick counters. It's a risky trade though the downside is limited. One player goal minute trade appeals: a buy of Lincoln City's Jamie Taylor at 15 with Sporting. Injuries have meant he's barely had a look in this season, but there are tentative signs that David Holdsworth may have stumbled across a formation that will produce more goals at the right end. Opponents Forest Green Rovers are much the better side but they've only kept one clean sheet at home (to Bath City in September) and if Lincoln City do score Taylor won't be far away.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Can anyone give some information about Newport - Fleetwood game? I'm thinking Fleetwood price (2.10) is good. Theyre away record is 8W 1D 2L. While Newport home record is 3W 3D 6L. But of course that is only statistics. And I can't find any info about team news. Maybe someone has something to say?

Can anyone give some information about Newport - Fleetwood game? I'm thinking Fleetwood price (2.10) is good. Theyre away record is 8W 1D 2L. While Newport home record is 3W 3D 6L. But of course that is only statistics. And I can't find any info about team news. Maybe someone has something to say?
I can see why this game would appeal. Newport's best performance this season was when they beat Fleetwood 4-1 in the reverse game but bar that they havent done much this season. The small doubt would be about how Fleetwood react after beating Yeovil and Newport are getting a little harder to beat but although Im not having a bet I cant put you off backing Fleetwod.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Darlington v Cambridge United Things looked as if they might be improving at Darlington as they had seemed to better under caretaker manager Colin Liddle. However in the last couple of weeks it has all taken a turn for the worse again as they have been placed under a transfer embargo and their last two performances have been woeful. First up they went to Kettering, the other in trouble Blue Square Premier club, and were lucky to come away with a 0-0 draw. Then last Saturday they lost 3-0 to Grimsby in the FA Trophy, a competition they won last season, and by all accounts it could have been more. Cambridge United are currently in the final play-off position and manager Jez George is doing a tremendous job. I think it is fair to say that the last two or three performances have not been up to the standard they had set but at the same time they have not lost in the league since Southport beat them on October 1st. In fact they have only lost three times in the BSP all season and the other two came in August. I find it hard to see Cambridge losing although the fact they have drawn their last four league games does concern me slightly, but at the end of the day they should be shorter to win this than the general 6/4. For those of you who want extra insurance William Hill offer 10/11 in the draw no bet market. Stockport v Alfreton Stockport’s league form is horrendous as they have only picked up one point (against Hayes) in their last seven matches. Jim Gannon has clearly got a huge task to turn things around and given he hasn’t been that complimentary about his players in recent weeks you do wonder if he is the right man to turn things around. To be fair they did show a bit more in the two FA Trophy games against Stalybridge, but still ended up losing the replay. Alfreton have been showing clear signs of improvement and have been on my radar as a team to keep on the right side of for a couple of weeks now. They beat Newport in the league last Tuesday and then thumped Southport 4-0 in the FA Trophy last Saturday. Both victories should have boosted the confidence nicely and although they have only picked up four points away from home all season I do think they have more momentum than the home side right now. It is also worth pointing out that Stockport are only two points and one place above Saturday’s rivals in the table. Stan James’ 2/1 about an away win looks worth an interest.

Is Luton takeable @ 6/5 (Stan James)? Tamworth look strong at home this season (W6 D3 L1) while Luton have drawn a lot of games away from home but I believe only 1 defeat. Maths says draw but I feel a possible victory for Luton maybe on the cards here. The away side have been under-acheiving so far but surely they will put a run of wins together soon? To be honest my knowledge of the two sides at present is poor, would appreciate views and wisdom from the non-league dynasty.
I wouldn't be in a rush to back us because we tend to save our worst performances for these pitches with big slopes on them (record away against Tamworth and Bath in this division = P4 W0 D3 L1). However when we go down the slopes we tend to play well and a feature of our season on the road this year has been to take the lead and then not win the game. Given that Tamworth's home record has to be respected I think anyone betting on this game could do an awful lot worse than the 9/2 that Blue Square offer on Luton to score first but fail to win. It's an outcome which will have been a winner in 6 of our 7 away draws this season.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Telford , 3.65 pinnacle , 10units As you all know from my previous bets I am a huge AFC T e l f o r d U n i t e d fan and I have been listening to their games for over 3 seasons now . I have to say Telford is a very good team right now . They started the new season playing well but lacking good results . They made a few changes some 4 - 5 weeks ago and since then they are playing good football and getting good results so a top 10 finish looks possible for them this season . Braintree started the season extremely well and theyy were at one point considered a legit play off contenders . But now they are playing below their level and thing are not looking good for them . Now , Telford was not a road team as they conceded lots of goals . But they are as I said improved team and they will hardly concede more than 1 goal today and I have to try and bet Telford to get their second road win of the season.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Like addpea, I would have been all over Cambridge United today away at Darlington. Yet despite their woes there seems to be a real Dunkirk spirit up at Darlington and caretaker manager, Craig Liddle, has evidently done wonders in terms of morale and commitment. Liddle actually has the luxury of strengthening his team today with the inclusion of Paul Arnison, Jamie Chandler and the all-important Liam Hatch: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9425837.Liddle_is_full_of_praise_for_unpaid_Quakers_pair/ Apart from last Saturday's narrow 1-0 win in the Trophy at Boreham Wood Cambridge have not won in 6 games. I saw one of those games, an entertaining 0-0 at Kidderminster when United looked pretty tepid up front with Gash and Carew making little impact. They are clearly having problems in front of goal, and I'm not convinced that will end today against spirited Darlington. It's extremely rarely that I'd back a draw, but at 12/5 generally available, I think that's the way to go.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Theres been a gamble on Kettering which doesnt massively surprise as they are too big at 11/2 really but I still think Bath will win given the good form they are in at the moment. They have now drifted out to 11/10 and I think at that price they are backable.

Theres been a gamble on Kettering which doesnt massively surprise as they are too big at 11/2 really but I still think Bath will win given the good form they are in at the moment. They have now drifted out to 11/10 and I think at that price they are backable.
Good spot addpea. I've forgot about Kattering's financial problems. Didn't followed it lately so if you can tell me how are they doing right now it would be of much help. I have to say that I've already took Bath City on a DNB option at 1.66 with Bet365" rel="external nofollow">Bet365. The main reason that I'm backing Bath City to win this is their position in the table which is horrendous. If they still want to breathe in this league and they know they are condemned to make a great game and why now take all three points.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 Sorry only just seen this but Kettering have got a few back from injury which does mean they can name 5 subs. They have also done fairly well in their last two games. Its no gimme but Bath are playing much better than their league position suggests and they can sneak a win.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 game today with York V Kidderminster.. anyone got any thoughts about the game..its not really my league so i don't know much about it but by the stats..both teams like to score goals and seem very open and play good football so maybe overs for this game? really need some thoughts from people who know the league..please:ok

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 17 My first thought is that York's odds for this game are rubbish. Yes, they have good record at home and are now very strong candidates for playoffs but Kidderminster's away record shouldn't be ignored. Probably as you're saying BTTS or over 2.5 might be good calls but I would need to look further into recent trend and stats to make any decision. I initially wanted to take a double of York DNB and Fleetwood to beat HandY tomorrow but prices on both sides are laughable.

My first thought is that York's odds for this game are rubbish. Yes' date=' they have good record at home and are now very strong candidates for playoffs but Kidderminster's away record shouldn't be ignored. Probably as you're saying BTTS or over 2.5 might be good calls but I would need to look further into recent trend and stats to make any decision. I initially wanted to take a double of York DNB and Fleetwood to beat HandY tomorrow but prices on both sides are laughable.[/quote'] thanks for info...BTTS also looks nice value for this game:hope