** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Wed 14th

2:35 Newbury The Giant Bolster 1pt win - 6/1 (WH) Just get the feeling TFR might want further, but is no doubt the class horse of the race. TGB was actually lowered a pound after running in the Hennessy, but after travelling well for a long way (hit about 6 IR, BSP was in the 20s), he failed to see out the distance. Back to three miles will suit, and he likes small fields. TFR likes bigger fields and has had two hard races in top company this season already. He doesn't have gear changes, he just keeps finding and galloping. Pasco hasn't won beyond two miles, and has never tried beyond 2m5f so stamina has to be a doubt. Carpincho has a lot to find even in receipt of weight.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 1435 newbury time for rupert 1 pt win 8/11 pp if rupert can run like he did time before last, this should be a comfortable win, think his latest run came too soon, and this is the ideal race to get back to winning ways, price a little short, but would love to see rupert back to running and winning well

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Newbury 12:50 Sandofthecolosseum looks to have a decent chance here having run a cracker last time out at Wetherby. It ran over 3m 1f and was beat 3/4 of a length by Court Red Handed on soft going, has gone up 3 pounds but a reproduction of that effort should see it go close. That was only its 2nd chase run so should come on plenty and benefit from the experience and Denis O Regan takes the ride.. I am willing to take on the fav Minella Stars of Nicholls who may improve but doesnt have the best form on offer, so the 5/2 looks too skinny. Gandalf, Very Stylish, Not So Prudent and Father Probus dont have the form to win imo. Arturo Uno is ultra-consistent but always finds one or two too good, but does have an e/w chance. Wyck Hill looks too high in the weights now and Penny Max needs to improve on its first run over thr trip. Sandofthecolusseum WIN @ 7/1 VC BOG :hope

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 14:35 Newbury Time For Rupert Win (1,73) VictorChandler Top horse Time For Rupert drops down a grade, to hopefully win his first race in a year. The 7 year old gelding, have made a decent made for himself but a couple of disappointing performances, against some of the best in the game, he will need to regain some confidence and this field looks too weak for him. The going seems to suit Time For Rupert well. He previous done well on a slightly soft ground and as a double distance winner, there are no need to fear the circumstances, surroundings this race. Time For Rupert recent form. 1-1-5-2-5 The jockey O´Regan gets his first run on this horse.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 12.50 Newbury My Boy Paddy 13/2 Bet365 This looks a cracking little race and the one I like is returning from a long lay off from the track but is very unexposed over this trip. Initially trained in Ireland but now with NTD, this horse was very impressive on only his 2nd start for the stable when winning very easily over 3m at Uttoxeter last November. He hasn't been seen since and there is a chance he may need this run as he was beaten last year on his first run returning from a break. That being said you very rarely have to worry about a horses fitness when coming from this stable and I have no doubts they will have this one ready. Everything looks in place for a big run from the horse.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Another of my 10 to follow and once again been waiting on him turning up. Its his first time over the sticks today and if he jumps them ok he must have a great shout in Race 3' on the card at Newbury. Trainer Mr King does think alot of him and him being out today says he's ready, he was 3rd on the 13th of November but he still ran a cracker, he was coming back from a long break ''APRIL'' but still ran a fine race and made prize money. He's been not far behind some very good animals that being 2nd to Steps of Freedom at Aintree, and he was 3rd in his last race behind Jimbill who won yesterday at short odds. Choc is normaly in the plate but Mr King has W.Huchinson up today, he's a very smart horse and bound for the Festival in March. Newbury 13:25 - MONTBAZON. 1pt win bet @ SP Clear safe round please.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 2.10 ling Emerald Wilderness - Came with a race winning swoop over the 10f track at Kempton but had to go extremely wide maybe 7/8 horse widths coming round the tight home bend, maybe that took just too much energy because he just got out battled an lost a nose, this is a weaker race than that an now he's back in form i expect him to take this comfortably. 1pt win 5/2 hills

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 1.10 Bangor - 1pt win She's On The Case @ 6/1 (Paddy Power) Grant Cann's runner in this marathon 3m6f handicap chase interests me very much. I feel she's unexposed over this sort of trip, especially over fences, and it looks likely to suit her down to the ground. She may not have the guaranteed stamina of some of her rivals, but she shapes as if a real stayer, and this could be her game I reckon. She's also a mudlark who relishes these sort of conditions, so as long as her stamina doesn't ebb away, must go well here. She's only had three starts over fences - running respectably even though she fell on her last attempt. That was over a trip of 3m2f and a little bit at Newbury so it would have been ideal if she had finished the race to give an idea of her stamina! However, she is related to stamina-laden jumpers, and her effort over hurdles last time out (staying on over 3 miles, never dangerous) suggests this trip will suit. She was in the process of running a good race at Newbury, travelling up when falling at the 14th, and looked likely to play a part. That was also her first run of the season and on ground perhaps too quick. She's always shaped like a stayer, and this is the first real chance she gets to prove herself. She's not the best jumper in the world but there is improvement possible given her relative inexperience over the larger obstacles. She goes well for Tom O'Brien and goes to war with a nice weight of 10-5. Most of the main contenders have to give plenty of weight to my selection which will not be easy over this marathon trip on testing ground. Everything adds up for this one today, and if she stays as well as I think she will, must go close if ironing out her jumping blemishes.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 12:40 Bangor - Oscar Close - 1pt @ 5/1 (Bet365) Oscar Close comes here on the back of a fall little more than a couple of weeks ago but if that doesn't affect his confidence, a big run should be on the cards on what is just his third start over fences. George Baker's 6-year-old was a maiden over hurdles (from 10 attempts; 3 seconds, 2 thirds) but given his size, he always looked the type to do a lot better over fences. He managed to complete on his debut over fences in May but made plenty of mistakes that day and shaped as if he'd come on for the experience. The ground was also very fast at the sharp Newton Abbot track and his run was encouraging for a long way, especially when you consider that he needs cut in the ground to show his best. Last time out, Oscar Close made his return to chasing having had a run on the flat in between and although he ended up falling a few fences from home, it was a very encouraging run. Baker's charge was a lot more fluent over his fences and loomed as a danger to the eventual easy winner before coming to grief as the tempo had increased. The soft/heavy ground at Ffos Las certainly helped him to travel with a lot more purpose (possibly flattered as they crawled along) than had been the case at Newton Abbot and I'm quite sure the run is suggesting that he's capable of defying marks well above his current rating of 104. Doubts have to be had over whether this extended 2m 4f at the sharp Bangor track will suit (I expect that he'll get further without problem) but at least he'll have his desired ground and a decent pace to run after. It's also a plus that the modest jockey who was on board last time out is replaced with Sam Thomas and although he's not riding many winners of late, he has an excellent 18% strike-rate over the fences at this track. George Baker doesn't have too many chasers but Oscar Close looks like the type who should excel in this code and most things are likely to suit today. Race-fitness should also be improved by his recent outing and if he feels no ill-effects from his fall at Ffos Las, he should run a good race. This is a very modest contest too and I'd be surprised if he's not good enough to get involved, even though there's a lot more to it than just that. 5/1 is a decent price and I'll play medium win stakes, as I feel he should be vying for favouritism. Hopefully he'll go well.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 0.5e/w @ sp cathcart castle 12.20 newbury not sure what price cathcart castle will go off but ive just been matched at 55 and 50 on bf,cathcart castle is a forcast 10/1 shot with sporting so i think i have good value for a horse with a decent e/w record,27 runs todate with only the 1 win but 2nd twice and 3rd seven times,never been tried over 2 miles(allways shorter) but its last run was running on at the end over 1 mile 4 so the 2 miles could be up its street,a big e/w shout in what looks a very ordinery field

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Rebel Swing - Bangor 1.10 This horse ran over 4 miles and finished third last time out a Hexham last month. That was only it's second run over fences which shows it has taken to these obstacles. This horse is all about stamina as shown last time out so it should be fine with today's trip and ground. The trainer is in decent form too so hopefully this horse can win today. Rebel Swing win @ 5/1 PaddyPower

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Bangor 1.10 She's On The Case win - 6/1 PP Travelling at Cheltenham when falling on the 2nd circuit. Would have definitely gone close, money came for her and she looked to be going really well. This trip is what she needs with qutie a bit of stamina in her pedigree. Has bits and pieces of some very nice form and I'd be surprised if she doesn't win one or two handicap chases over these marathon trips off this mark. Tom O'Brien is back in the saddle and despite some well handicapped rivals, I think she is best at the weights and just needs to have a clear round to get involved.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Ericht 1.25 Newbury 1pt Win 10/11 B365 Surprised that Henderson is keeping Ericht to 2m as I thought he'd be suited by a setup in trip. Having said that conditions at Newbury appear to be testing today so he should be able to account for this field. Won 2 bumpers last year before a decent run in the Cheltenham bumper. The key piece of form was his third at the Paddy Power meeting behind Steps to Freedom and Prospect Wells. Ericht ran really well and was bang there a furlong out. He pulled well clear of the 4th and 5th (Ohio Gold who subsequently won). Sure to come on for that run and Henderson does so well with these types. Mountbazon is the danger for me but his trainer has already voiced concerned over him handling testing conditions.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 3.15 Lingfield Formidable Guest has gone very close on her last two starts here and this looks like a good opportunity to finally get another win on the board. Very well handicapped now and has a very capable jockey on board who will hopefully give her every chance. Woop Woop is on a four timer but I just think the handicapper may have caught up with her so I am taking Formidable Guest to come off the pace and get this. 1 Pt win 7/1 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th

woop woop 5/1 bet 365 15:15 ling run very well lately and is on cracking form , joint top of the weights and just short on the OR . last 2 runs here were c n d and before that were 2 2nds at this course , should run a good race , must go !
Pinchy Pricey! :ok Its biggest price has been 5/2 :\

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 2.10 Lingfield Not the most interesting handicap in the world with several of these out of form and most of the rest having something to prove at the moment. Green Wadi won back to back handicaps in october but was held last time out off revised mark and having never won off a mark this high he is probably held by the handicapper right now plus wide draw no help. Silver Bullitt won his 2nd start in a maiden in June but failed to beat a rival in handicap at Salisbury and now has it all to prove on the back of another break and stepped up in trip. Opus Maximus is in great heart at the moment but has done all his recent winning in sellers and claimers and despite running very well in an apprentice handicap last time out this is a much stronger race. Lisahane Bog landed a gamble a couple of starts ago when rather gifted a race but was well below best last time out reverting back to his quirky ways. Emarald Witness used to be a decent sort having raced in dubai and won off marks in the high 90's when at his best, never been so good on turf but has run his handicap mark down nicely to make him look well treated, he has ran 2 greats races from poor draws returned to polytrack this winter last time out only go down a neck to the inform and improving True To Form, set to go up 4lb for that but runs off same mark tonight and on that form should be hard to beat. 1pt win Emarald Witness 9/4 boyles

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Newbury 2.00: Polisky 1pt (11/8 SJ) I have this one well clear on ratings after a good effort behind Fingal Bay at Cheltenham in a graded contest. His other runs are well up to this class anyway and should have no trouble landing a race like this on his way to better things. The Henderson horse beat Cinders And Ashes last time at Ascot but was probably flattered a bit and has to carry a penalty which should put paid to his chances.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Newbury 2.35: Pasco 1pt win @ 9/2 PP BOG Certainly has a bit to find with Time For Rupert here, however this isn't a bullet proof favourite in my opinion and the Nicholl's horse has a touch of class about it and should be all the better for a breathing op since last run. Wouldn't be the first time a Nicholl's horse comes out in similar circumstances and shows improved form. Has the form to play a part here and loves it round this course never finishing out of the first two which is a massive plus. Ground conditions shouldn't inconvenience and if this step up to 3m suits then 9/2 could prove a fair price.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th B1.10 Incentivise 1pt Win William Hill This marathon trip in heavy ground is really going to take some getting, but at least we know this horse can do it after winning the race last year whereas most of its rivals today are unproven. Everything looks good for a repeat today, the jockey, the handicap mark and the conditions. I'd have liked to have seen a better run LTO, but I think back at this c&d, it should show its true colours and the 4/1 looks to be a fair bet in a race where many of the horses won't get home.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th

B1.10 Incentivise 1pt Win William Hill This marathon trip in heavy ground is really going to take some getting, but at least we know this horse can do it after winning the race last year whereas most of its rivals today are unproven. Everything looks good for a repeat today, the jockey, the handicap mark and the conditions. I'd have liked to have seen a better run LTO, but I think back at this c&d, it should show its true colours and the 4/1 looks to be a fair bet in a race where many of the horses won't get home.
Sorry, that should have read 4/1 with William Hill

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 2.10 Lingfield - Uphold - 12/1 VC E/W Mentioned him last night in the flat thread, been a little bit of money around for him and im convinced he's gunna pick up a race soon. Needs everything to fall right for him and this race looks set up for him. No other definite front runner in the race and if nothing pesters him for the lead he should go close, drawn 2 here. Won off 85 earlier this year so looks handicapped, goes well here, yards runners doing ok, had excuses lto and may be able to nick this from the front.

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 2.10 Lingfield Uphold and Edgewater now non-runners. Lisahane Bog hammered for easy Kempton win and may be too high in weights. King of Windsor needs to improve for longer trip but under priced. Green Wadi up in weights for recent double. Emerald Wilderness chinned with no obvious excuse last time and priced short enough now. Opus Maximus last win in claimer. Mister Green out of sorts and Choral Festival back up in grade. She Aint a Saint held off similar marks of late. Jawaab very inconsistent. bearing that in mind might be worth chancing SILVER BULLITT who made all to score in a Nottingham maiden two runs ago and has the ideal front running jockey on its back in Joe Fanning. 16/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th 2:35 Newbury - Time for rupert - Back He is undoubtedly the classiest of these and has a really bright future. Has been a tad fusspot ring in his last couple of starts so connections have dropped him in grade hoping he'll get back to winning ways again. A clear found of jumping and he should be hard to beat 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD - Wed 14th Uphold a N/R 3.15 Lingfield - Brown Pete - 22/1 Bet365 E.W Could just be in this race to set Kames Park up and we'll know whether that's the case a furlong out. Ran well on his first start in England lto in a Wolverhampton claimer, travelled well and almost won against some fair all weather sorts. Not much pace in the race so with Martin Harley on board could go well from the front.