BBOTD Sunday 11th of December

Aidymac

Hereford 2:30 A nice little handicap hurdle at Hereford tomorrow with a few promising horses. Kateal was so so impressive last time out and could be hard to beat if in the same vein of form, but a rise in class and a rise of 15 pounds in the weights should make life tougher tomorrow. The Jonjo O Neill trainer Cross The Flags also has to enter the reckoning after a 6 length victory at Towcester last time out, but has a stiff enough opening handicap mark of 114, and of Kateal and Cross The Flags, i would fancy Kateal of the two.. However there is a horse in there that i think has each-way value, Annimation. Annimation ran a superb race at Aintree in April 2010 when 5th of 19 to Big Time Billy in a Listed Class 1 event, and bear in mind tomorrows race is a Class 4 handicap hurdle with far lesser opposition. It followed that with a success at Exeter on heavy going and then went on to finish 3rd to Sparky May, although was well beat. It has run in handicaps its last three runs, and got an opening mark of 110 on its handicap debut when unseating at Exeter, then went on to Newbury and again ran with credit when 10th of 18 behind Line Freedom of the Henderson yard, which was another Listed race. Had a break and had its first run of the season last month when 2nd of 11 to the impressive Emmaslegend of the Suzy Smith stable over 2m 6f in Class 3 off 105, tomorrows shorter trip will suit and this a drop in grade, Daryl Jacob keeps the ride and runs of the same mark, 105. With Cross The Flags and Kateal all bearing big weights, this should have a good chance. Je Ne Sais Plus, Love Of Tara, Kahsabelle, Lucky Breeze, Munlochy Bay, Big Knickers and Inkberrow Rose are all easy to swerve, its hard to know what Miss Tenacious is capable of now after two victories and Victoria Rose can run a good race but finds it hard to get its head up, so im happy with my bet on Annimation. Annimation WIN @ 8/1 >Boylesports BOG :hope

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 7.50 Sha Tin Sahpresa win @ 7/1 William Hill Great looking card early doors tomorrow morning and I will probably stay up after the boxing to watch the racing and I really do like the chances of this horse. Sahpresa is a genuine group 1 miler and this will be the 3rd time she has travelled over to Japan. She is yet to win over there but has ran well on every start and maybe just maybe this is her time. She is a hold up horse and often finishes well and sometimes too late but I expect Christophe Lemaire to get it right tomorrow. She comes into the race in good form having won the Sun Chariot and finishing a good 3rd in group 1 company in Japan on her last start. She is mightily consistent and has finished in the first 3 on 17 occasions from 21. I expect a big run from her and hopefully she will time her challenge right this time and gain a well deserved success. Plenty of European horses to try and take on the home team but I think Sahpresa is the stand out bet in the race.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 14:45 Hereford Miss Tenacious E/W (11,00) Boylesports Miss Tenacious made a double back in july and are now signed up for her first handicap hurdle race. She been away from the tracks for quite some time, but i´ll be surpriced if Hodges, didnt use the time to prepere this 4 year old filly, for the struggles, she might come across this winter. Miss Tenacious runs of a mark off 112. Her two latest wins, where by 6 and 3l, so she might be able to overcome that mark and her weights. Miss Tenacious recent form. 8-UR-5-1-1 The jockey Tom Scudamore are booked, for the first time. He had a decent season so far, winning 11,79 % of his runs

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 2:05 Punch Rubi Light 1pt win - 5/2 (WH) Rubi Light is worthy of a bet at the price, one of the only chasers in the race you can consider fairly progressive. His third to Albertas Run at the festival is the best form on offer here, and he appeared full of himself when totally in command on reappearance before tipping up at the last. Joncol can be trusted to run a sound race every time, but usually finds a couple better, the Irish Somersby. I think his win lto looks better than it is, because Cooldine suddenly blew up and Joncol just galloped to the line. Tranquil Sea has dismissed Joncol in the past and over 2m4f on this ground, I think he can stay in front of him again. He won on reappearance, briefly looking in trouble but soon coming back onto the bridle to win. He's usually left with something to work on fto, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him come on a lot for his first run. Kempes looks to have completely lost his way since winning the Irish Hennessy and Cooldine has been a constant disappointment since his RSA win. Would take a miracle for Trafford Lad to bounce back, and although looking a fair price at 16s, Roi Du Mee may've been slightly flattered on his last two outtings and will have to improve a lot to mix it in with the front three in the betting.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 12-35 punchestown - wandering aengus -win i remember this horse beating the champion bumper winner cheltenian last october on its only start at punchestown last october,and i took note of what his trainer said which is as follows [ p.s i have also put the same comments on racecaller site my name on there is bitchy ] Wandering Aengus is to be aimed at the Weatherbys Champion Bumper with trainer Patrick Prendergast ruling out hurdles for his bright prospect this season.The five-year-old is quoted by some bookmakers for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle, but Prendergast is in no rush to send the Tobougg gelding over jumps.Wandering Aengus defeated Cheltenian on his only start so far at Punchestown last October and it was that horse's victory in the prestigious bumper at Cheltenham in the spring that has influenced the County Kildare handler's decision."He's doing very well. He had the summer off and he's back cantering at the moment," said Prendergast."He'll have one run in a winners' bumper and then he'll go to Cheltenham. He will only go to Cheltenham if there is cut in the ground, but we are hoping he will go to the Festival."One of the reasons he hasn't run is that he beat Cheltenian and he gave him 5lb and when we saw Cheltenian won the Bumper this year, we thought we'd have a go at it next year."I don't know why some bookies have him priced up for the Supreme Novices' because no-one has ever asked me. At the moment our plan is to run in the Cheltenham Bumper.The idea is to give him one run before the Festival, probably in January. If it was fast ground at Cheltenham in March we won't be going as he loves cut in the ground."He was quite weak when he won last year. He was four years of age but he was only a shell and he's stronger now."He's cantering away but he's enjoying life at the moment, nothing stressful. He's half-fit already, he's an easy horse to train but what is intresting is that trainer is running him over hurdles now when he said he will be sticking to the bumper route must be showing something at home so i will take the chance with him here and make him my bbotd

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December Punchestown 2.05 Rubi Light win - 5/2 Lads Very interesting race here with plenty coming in good form, but I can't fault Rubi Light. Not just would've beaten Sizing Europe, he would've trashed him if he hadn't fallen. Same in the Ryanair, where he looked the winner until 3 out. Young and will improve this year. Worthy favourite and I hope he wins this and go onto better things as the season progresses.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 2:05 Punchestown: Kempes 1pt win 7/1 Bet365 Kempes lines up here after a pipe opener at Cork over hurdles. With Willie Mullins in fine form Kempes looks a little over priced particularly as he handles this going and is effective at this trip. Kempes looked good when he won the Hennessy and if he recaptures that form today he looks likely to go close.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December Sou 2.00 - Rio Grande - win at 5/2 bog Wm Hill This horse seems to have found his feet since joining Ann Duffield, finishing a close 2nd then winning in maiden company at Wolves Fornerly with Jeremy Noseda he went off favourite for an early Newmarket maiden then ran in a class 3 maiden at York as favourite Somebody obviously thought he was pretty good but he disappointed ! Ann Duffield has lowered his sights and his maiden win looks fairly solid with a 72 rated horse well beaten into 2nd and the rest nowhere He made all that day and those tactics would do very nicely here at Southwell Has no course form but Mrs Duffield has a decent strike rate here so hopefully she knows which horses will take to it. Can avoid the kickback by being at the front ! Adranian put up a good performance here a few days ago behind my BBotD, Whisky Bravo, but he's tended to get beaten in handicaps and has done all his winning in claiming and selling company Same applies to Flying Pickets They're the three that should be involved - I'm hoping that my horse turns out to be a bit better than these.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 2:15 Hereford - Strongbows Legend - 1pt @ 13/2 (Boyles) Strong-travelling maiden who has found one too good on four occasions to date but it's not for the want of trying and eventually it will all come together for Charlie Longsdon's 6-year-old, hopefully today. Off a mark of 111, I feel he's potentially well-handicapped, especially with the very useful Kielan Woods taking off a further 5lbs. It seems an interesting move to get some weight taken off this fellows back and he's also dropping back in grade having failed to get close at Exeter last time out. He was well-fancied that day though, sent off as a 7/2 shot, and looked likely to get involved until he was left flat-footed on the ground when trying to run down the eventual easy winner. It was a good run for a long way and now that he's tackling softer ground, which he's suited to, he should go well. I also think that this much easier track will be in his favour and if his sometimes risky jumping holds up, career win #1 could be on the way. 13/2 is a nice price about him and hopefully he'll get involved.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 245 Hereford: Love Of Tara EW 16/1 VC Tricky mares race but will give this one a chance, left the Keighley yard earlier this year and has had just the one run for Jennifer Mason, she has Timmy Murphy riding for her and he was on board when she made her comeback and ran well late on to take 6th over 3m. She was rated as high as 130 last year and now comes here on 110. Drops back to 2m4f the trip she last won at so all in all a big price about a mare with ability.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December i have selected barwardi 9/2 with VC at sothwell in the 2:30 thruth be told i not expecting much its more of a punt . i selected this runner as this feild is strong but most form is patchy so anything on a good day can win , plus he runs in g2 or g3 3 company and has never raced this low in 6 so should run a good race , can run the distance and having over 50 days offf will be fresh and could just fall into place .

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December Its not that often Mr Henderson sends out runners over the flat so when he does its time to take a wee bit of notice, he has this one runner at Sothwell. The 3yr old filly was 2nd last time out at Ffos Las and is she can improve any on that she should run a close run race. Jockey T.Eaves gets the leg up. Southwell 1pm - Sistine. 1pt win bet 2/1 @ Sportingbet. Have a nice Sunday.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 3.15 Hereford Sawpit Supreme looks ready to get another win on the board. On the same mark as last run which was very creditable and she would have got much closer had she not hit the second last. Winner won very easily and was always going best but it was still a very decent run by my selection and she should appreciate this slight drop in trip. All in all conditions suit and should run a good race for an in form stable. 1 Pt win 4/1 Hills

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 1.00 Southwell Henderson has very few runners on the flat and does have a decent strike rate with them at about 18% 12 from 65 in past 5 seasons, but not had a runner here before. On breeding Sistine looks all that and more but has failed to live upto her pedigree on what she has shown so far best form came last time out when 2nd behind CP Joe (who franked form on friday) that was on soft ground at FFos Las but was beaten 6 lengths and will need to find some more to better that effort on fibresand debut. For me Sky High Driver is the one to beat admitly beat very little last time out and has been sent off a big price for both her wins to date but looks open to the most improvement in this field having only had 3 runs winning a weak maiden and a weak CD handicap last time out, yard in good enough form and yard tend to do well here with a 18% strike rate here. 1pt win SKy High Diver 9/4 lads

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December Might As Well - 2.15 Hereford This Is a bit of a gamble really because of the ground. It's form has been on good ground but it has done pretty good on good to soft so hopefully it can handle the soft. Last time out, on it's reappearance, it didn't run overly well. The trip was a problem in my opinion that day as it was probably too short. *It has a decent weight on it today because it won with 11st 7lb at wincanton over today's distance. It has a good jockey in Andrew Thornton onboard and hopefully it can at least pick up a place today. I might as well have a go on it! Might as well E/W @ 18/1 StanJames

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December 2.15 Hereford - 1pt win Sea Saffron @ 9/1 (VC) This one interests me a lot having run a respectable race on his seasonal return over hurdles. He plugged on into 3rd behind two nice horses rated in the 120s and 130s and proved he was clearly in good heart. He's better over fences, and loves soft ground, so conditions today look ripe for him. He's only really put in one poor effort for his current yard (not much came from off the pace that day) and comfortably won a similar race to this at Wincanton in February. A good pace will suit him and he should get that in this field. The concern is his handicap mark, but he's unexposed in staying chase events, so there's hope in that regard. Plum Pudding rates as the main danger for me.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December Course and distance winner that didn't do itself justice LTO here at Southwell.Won here around the same time last year in a class 5 today is a class 6 and is now off a 5lb lower mark.The same jockey as that race also takes the ride today and claims 7lb and is sure to go close at a good price 0.5 e/w @ 25/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD Sunday 11th of December

245 Hereford: Love Of Tara EW 16/1 VC Tricky mares race but will give this one a chance, left the Keighley yard earlier this year and has had just the one run for Jennifer Mason, she has Timmy Murphy riding for her and he was on board when she made her comeback and ran well late on to take 6th over 3m. She was rated as high as 130 last year and now comes here on 110. Drops back to 2m4f the trip she last won at so all in all a big price about a mare with ability.
That's what we like to see... the bossman banging in a 16/1 winner :beer Nice one BH :ok