Europa League 11/12 outright

Elchubb

Can't see a thread anywhere for this so started this one!:ok Man City @ 8-1 (Stan James) Man Utd @ 8-1 (Stan James) Absolutely Standout prices here from Stan James with Man Utd being as short as 11-2 and City as short as 7-2 with sky bet so the 8-1 on both looks huge! Both have just gone out the champions league after playing poorly in the group stages but you can't deny the quality in each of the squads and both should be a cut above the rest when european football resumes in the new year! Unfortunately i'm only allowed £12.20 on each but hopefully you guys can get more on than me, watch out if you're backing each way as SJ are only going a 1/3 last 2 where as everyone else is 1/2 last 2!

Re: Europa League 11/12 outright

Can't see a thread anywhere for this so started this one!:ok Man City @ 8-1 (Stan James) Man Utd @ 8-1 (Stan James) Absolutely Standout prices here from Stan James with Man Utd being as short as 11-2 and City as short as 7-2 with sky bet so the 8-1 on both looks huge! Both have just gone out the champions league after playing poorly in the group stages but you can't deny the quality in each of the squads and both should be a cut above the rest when european football resumes in the new year! Unfortunately i'm only allowed £12.20 on each but hopefully you guys can get more on than me, watch out if you're backing each way as SJ are only going a 1/3 last 2 where as everyone else is 1/2 last 21
Well that didn't last long. Five minutes later and best price is 17/2 sj for united and 6/1 city

Well that didn't last long. Five minutes later and best price is 17/2 sj for united and 6/1 city
Thought they looked too big and expected them to shorten but not that quickly! Asked for the price whilst tonight's games where still being played and was told that they couldn't give me a price at the time, once a trader had issued a price they would e mail me, still not received that e mail :spankso lucky i was looking out for the prices coming out! Probably be even shorter by the morning, just wish i was allowed more on!:(

Re: Europa League 11/12 outright I think both City and United wont give a flying hoot about the Europa League and will field weakened sides in the next rounds of it... Dont think either team will come close to winning it, it will be a hinderance to the league ambitions..

Think City more likely to try than United. Mancini apparently said they would love to win it. But think City's squad is deeper' date=' and also given their lack of silverware, they would view it more as an achievement to win it.[/quote'] I would definitely lay United at those bookies' odds. Don't think they will come to close to winning it; they will try and win league and cup double. But I agree with you, City are more likely.

Re: Europa League 11/12 outright Sorry, both prices look stupidly short. I'm laying them both hard for everything I can get. Neither team will put anything close to first choice squads into it. It's worth less than the league cup.

Sorry, both prices look stupidly short. I'm laying them both hard for everything I can get. Neither team will put anything close to first choice squads into it. It's worth less than the league cup.
Would definitely like to lay United for it, don't want to tie my cash up for a couple of months at least though

Can you believe that some retard has traded on Utd at 4.0 on Betfair. Price on both teams has trended up for the past hour as the shrewd layers take the cash. I'd want 16s before i went near either of the Manchester teams
Wouldn't be laying City anywhere near 16s!! There is talk that they would want to do well to increase their UEFA co-efficient, in order to get a seeding for the CL next year. Don;t think that is right though, as there are plenty of teams infront of them (they are ranked 41 or something like that).

Re: Europa League 11/12 outright Stoke are 38, which might be fun. They've handled their group well enough, and beat a decent side in Besiktas. Looking at the teams before them, nothing really impresses me, and if they got a good route, like Fulham when they reached the final, who knows.

Re: Europa League 11/12 outright Perhaps Valencia may be worth a look. They are currently 16's at best. They hold a position of relative comfort in the league - they can't catch Barca and Real but are best placed for a finish of third. Spanish sides have tended to treat the cup with respect and they may look at it as a good opportunity to grab a trophy.

Stoke are 38, which might be fun. They've handled their group well enough, and beat a decent side in Besiktas. Looking at the teams before them, nothing really impresses me, and if they got a good route, like Fulham when they reached the final, who knows.
pwned :)

Think City more likely to try than United. Mancini apparently said they would love to win it. But think City's squad is deeper' date=' and also given their lack of silverware, they would view it more as an achievement to win it.[/quote'] The same said Ferguson. :clap Imagine a final City-United

Think City more likely to try than United. Mancini apparently said they would love to win it. But think City's squad is deeper' date=' and also given their lack of silverware, they would view it more as an achievement to win it.[/quote'] Agree, but City's head is all about the Premier League, and they won't win the Europa. Having said that, even their second string would probably knock out this Porto team.

• 1 month later...

Re: Europa League 11/12 outright Tbh I think backing Man City at 9/2 is ridiculous, though their squad have changed slightly with the addition of Dzeko and Aguero especially, they were very modest in their Europa league games last season. However, I do think Man Utd @ 8.00 has value. Ferguson will definately treat this competition more seriously and go out to win it, having said to field a strong team against Ajax and not a more fringey one some of you might expect. Ferguson and Man Utd have plenty of european experience and know-how to balance the league and Europe, with these the only two trophies left to contend for. I dont usually do outright, but I dont see any team standing in Utd's way over two legs. By contrast, I think City are less likely to win, despite the shorter odds. Utd 8.00 (coral) 1.25/10

• 2 months later...