** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Friday 2nd of December

The Fox Tully - Wolverhampton 4:00 Gerard Keane is the Irish raider for this race, and is in with a good shout, he certainly is not coming over for the fun of it. Ran a very good race last time out at Dundalk when 4th of 13 behind Mutasareb and the step back in trip should suit. The trainer has had 2 winners at Wolverhampton before and runs off same mark as last time out. Should be feared in this race. WIN @ 6/1 Bet365 BOG

BBOTD Wednesday 2th December 13:55 Sandown Barbatos E/W (17,00) Ladbrokes Barbatos made a decent debut at this grade, not so long ago. He will once again face Fingal Bay, who are a major favorite whit Simonsig. Barbatos are still a maiden, but whit the form he showen lately, it might not be for long. He runs of a decent mark, witch he should de able to overcome and off a distance, witch he previous won at. Barbatos recent form. 5-5-2-1-2 The jockey Dougie Costello are booked for the 4th time. He got 4 runs at Sandown, winning one and placed two of them.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 2th December 9.25 Dundalk Mister Carter 14/1 Boylesports Apologies BH for the lateness of this one! Mister Carter may be best caught fresh, having won first time up on the flat and also winning over hurdles at the first attempt, returning from a 200 day absence. It's no surprise to see this horse returning to the flat as his exploits over hurdles did not amount to much with him falling on 2 out 4 occasions. He was however running massive races in both those races which came at the Cheltenham festival and at Punchestown so it would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in those races run by 2 very talented horses in Zarkandar and Grandouet. Mister Carter could may well be well handicapped here. The 2 favourites fought out a finish at this track last week and should be involved again, although both are up in the weights. I like the claims if Mister Carter on his first run in a handicap.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 1.55 sandown Fingal Bay - the reasoning for this one is pretty simple, the horse is one of the most promising novices ive ever seen, the way he recovered from a horror mistake, (jockeys fault) at chelt last time was breathtaking in my eyes, to come straight back on the bridle and then win by 3 lengths in decent company was outstanding, this horse is going to the top and this is just another hurdle (pardon the pun) on the way. 1pt win 6/4 fingal bay lads

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 1 point win jump city sandown 13.55 9/1 bet365 the 9/1 on offer with 365 will go soon i think,this is a big price for a quality horse with R Walsh on board,jump city has had only 2 runs to date ,both 15 runner fields finishing 2nd last febuary,them running out an easy winner just one month ago in a class 3 contest,this will be alot more difficult but with the same conditions forcast as its last race,should be there or there abouts at the finish,boyle sports make this a 9/2 shot!!

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 1:30 Exeter - Sound Accord - 1pt @ 25/1 (Boyles) I could be wasting a few quid here but Sound Accord looks a mightily big price if his recent reappearance brings him on sufficiently, as he's potentially thrown in off a mark of 116 if retaining some of his old abilities. Alex Hales' 10-year-old has only lined out twice in the past couple of years (pulled up both times) due to having had a bad leg injury but word from the camp seems quite positive and they expect that he'll come on for having had that run a few weeks ago. This is also a lot easier than his last assignment and the price makes it a risk worth taking. Sound Accord lined out in the Southern National at Fontwell (3m 4f, soft ground) a few weeks ago and although he has won at that track before, I don't think that it's a place where he can give his best. Despite running in snatches from time to time, Hales' charge jumped quite well in the main and also travelled sweetly enough before he tired around 4 fences from home. In the end, he was pulled up but it was a very encouraging outing from a horse who probably needed the outing (has in the past) and he should come on a fair way for it. Connections now step Sound Accord back up to this marathon 4 mile trip and that's something I expect him to relish, as he's quite a one-paced relentless galloper who stays all day. Whether he retains much of his old ability or not is another thing but the handicapper has dropped him another 4lbs for his comeback run and he's nearly 20lbs lower than his peak rating over fences. Despite bordering on 11-years-old at this stage, he hasn't had much racing in recent years and he's not exposed over fences either, especially under ideal conditions. Today, everything will suit and if he's anything like his old self, he should run a good race. I also think the Exeter track could help to bring out the best in him and 25/1 is just too big. It's a bet full of risk though, so a minimal bet is all I can play. Hopefully he'll go well.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December Sandown 2.30 Quinz 1pt win - 5/1 Lads I think Bostons Angel is a slowcoach and would never take such price on him. Royal Charm is interesting, but trip around here might stretch him. Will give Quinz a chance to come to form, because lto was too bad to be true. He was never going.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 1250 sandown traitor 1 pt win sp won on debut at ludlow and upped in grade last time out when a well beaten 6th, this should be the grade to be back on the winning trail,moloney/williams partnership have a 16% record this year

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 2.20 Lingfield: Focail Maith 1pt win @ 7/1 Bet365 BOG Quite an open looking race as cases could be made for quite a few here, however I really like the look of John Ryan's Focail Maith. Won very nicely on penultimate start over C&D quickening up well to win cosily in a race that has offers solid looking form. Didn't appear to quite see out the 10f on bottomless ground at Newcastle LTO but returned to the AW here today and from only 5lbs higher than that penultimate win, I think this horse may be good enough to take this today if able to get a decent pitch early from a dodgy draw.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 2.20 Lingfield Hurricane Spirit has found some form since fitted with blinkers and stepped up in trip and he beat Lisahane Bog but that was in a small field and should find this a lot more competitive and he has to carry a 6lb penalty today but would be 3lb lower off a new mark from tomorrow. As for Lisahane Bog all his best form has come over shorter trips despite winning on penultimate start over this trip and probably doesnt have much room for error off this sort of mark. Nibani was pulled up last time out which has to be of concern although pulled up sound reportedly. Had previously been running well on this surface and similar trips but now finds himself 3lb higher without winning and this looks tougher. Daring Indian didnt show much on debut in this country in a maiden over Wolves at similar trip and a mark of 72 looks extremely harsh and would only be interested if money came for him from a gambling yard Strike Force has to be included 5 times AW winner who shaped as if he wasnt far from returning to best last time out when a fast finishing 4th in a typical finish to a course handicap with several all on the line. He is still 2lb above last winning mark but has placed off higher marks only concern would be this trip perhaps on the sharp side but hopefully they will go fast enough up front to see him to his best effect. Winning Spark didnt have to improve to win a weak maiden and probably bettered that effort in a handicap last time out although not setting the world alight suggested that perhaps this mark was a workable mark and Ryan has a good strike rate with his Dad and has to be respected with so few miles on the clock. That all said they all have someway to go to beat Hurricane Hymbrook if he can repeat his effort last time out when landing a massive gamble in the process. Had been rated in the 90's as a 3yr old but pretty much failed to beat a rival since until last time out when stepped up to this trip running away with the race with the first 2 running clear of the reat of the field the 2nd has since narrowly been beaten off a 6lb higher mark so that form looks solid. 1pt win Hurricane Hymbrook 4/1 boyles

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 2th December

9.25 Dundalk Mister Carter 14/1 Boylesports Apologies BH for the lateness of this one! Mister Carter may be best caught fresh, having won first time up on the flat and also winning over hurdles at the first attempt, returning from a 200 day absence. It's no surprise to see this horse returning to the flat as his exploits over hurdles did not amount to much with him falling on 2 out 4 occasions. He was however running massive races in both those races which came at the Cheltenham festival and at Punchestown so it would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in those races run by 2 very talented horses in Zarkandar and Grandouet. Mister Carter could may well be well handicapped here. The 2 favourites fought out a finish at this track last week and should be involved again, although both are up in the weights. I like the claims if Mister Carter on his first run in a handicap.
I'll be in bed by then;)

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 2.40 Exeter: Swincombe Flame (8/15 VCBet) Rubbish price but this one should win ok, very highly thought of by connections and got a surprise last time when betaen by Dream Function, thats a decent animal so no shame there and she will be much straighter this time with that experience behind her. Won both bumpers in good style and this mare could go far. Has only the Jonjo horse to beat who ran well at Bangor last time but he will have to have improved to beat the selection giving away 7lbs.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December Just the one runner & ride for the family of Joe & Colin Tizzard. The 4yr old gelding has only had the 3 runs and yet to get a win, its looks like he might need heavy ground as he put up his best effort in a 1m 4f N/H flat race back in Jan at Newbury on heavy ground. He was 6th last time out at Wincanton N/H race but today is his first pop over the sticks, if he does not get some prize money today am sure he will get his day soon enough. Exeter 2:05 - Milarrow. 0.5 e/w bet 16/1 - The Magic Sign Lads. Enjoy your day folks.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December Notus De La Tour - 1.00 Exe 1pt Win 11/10 PP Going for the in form Notus De La Tour to notch his third win on the trot. This Pipe horse has been a revelation since going chasing and is hard to oppose. He has to give weight all round but is in such good form and jumps so well its difficult to see past him. My other angle is that his main opponents, Walkon and Zaynar, are not the horses they once were. Walkon has form from his novice days and is highly thought f but was disappointing last year. Chasing may bring about improvement and King can get them ready but it would still require a good performance to get the better of Notus De La Tour.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 2.55 Lingfield Admirable Spirit - Unexposed on polytrack and looks handicapped to win a small race when things drop right. As a Hannon runner, has to be respected on the AW, especially since R Moore is booked to ride. Hopefully can overcome a wide draw to get in contention. 10/1 Sporting Bet, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December Sand 1.20 - Semi Colon - win at 5/2 bog bet365 Henderson's mare ran a corker in a very competitive handicap hurdle at Cheltenham recently and this looks a lot easier if she takes to fences Apparently she's a big chasing type and the yard says she jumps well at home so I'll take the chance ! Although she ran well at Cheltenham both of her wins have come on right handed tracks so Sandown should suit her

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 1.30 Exeter - 1pt win Quazy De Joie @ 13/2 (Hills) Stamina is the name of the game here, and that's one thing that Jonjo O'Neill's charge has. The yard are flying as they so often are and this horse proved himself when a staying on 3rd over 3m5f at Warwick back in 2009. He's already won 3 times this year, the latter two coming by 7l and 9l and he's only 6lbs higher than when scoring by 7. He could only finish 4th in quite a hot contest next time (stronger than this), and returned to the track with a respectable pipe-opener when 3rd over 3 miles on soft at Ffos Las. Any soft in the going description doesn't concern this horse either so things add up to him going well today. Other horses have things to prove such as Shaking Hands and Incentivise never winning right handed and Power Pack Jack's stamina isn't totally assured. I feel there are fewer question marks over my selection and it's difficult to see a bad run so long as he stands up. I think he has a good chance of outstaying them, and outclassing them off a nice weight for this marathon contest.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 2:40 Exeter - Swimcombe Flame - Back Won his 2 bumper races, the 2nd of which was at a good level, and ran a really good race lto on hurdles debut when only narrowly denied into 2nd. Looked like he'd learn a fair bit and come on for the experience. Strongly Suggested looks the only realistic threat but he was only 3rd when well fancied lto and might have to settle fit 2nd here 1pt win @ 1/2 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December MILARROW 2.05 Exeter. 0.5 points each way. Gradually finding his feet in Bumpers and now goes hurdling. Expected to be a useful recruit and so with connections hoping to see plenty of improvement now hurdling, he should be capable of going well. Already proven on a soft surface, so all in all would look a decent each way bet. 16/1 Ladbrokes BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December Spinning Ridge - Wolverhampton 4.30 This is a horse that I follow but I didn't bother listing as my BBOTD on here when it won at 16/1 two *starts ago luckily I did have a few quid on him. It narrowly finished second last time out in a handicap over course and distance last time out and I think it can go one better dropped in grade today. From What I've found he can be a bit inconsistent but while he's in good form I might as well have a go! Spinning Ridge win @ 7/1 Stan James.

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December smokey cloud has thrown in two poor runs,but before that it won a 7f at gowan park with a bit in hand.it also won on the beach at laytown also in september and also with a bit in hand.this is only its second try at lingfield and the second run under amy weaver so if she has worked her magic it looks to be a e/w bet 1455 lingfield skybet 33/1 0.50 e/w

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December

Spinning Ridge - Wolverhampton 4.30 This is a horse that I follow but I didn't bother listing as my BBOTD on here when it won at 16/1 two *starts ago luckily I did have a few quid on him. It narrowly finished second last time out in a handicap over course and distance last time out and I think it can go one better dropped in grade today. From What I've found he can be a bit inconsistent but while he's in good form I might as well have a go! Spinning Ridge win @ 7/1 Stan James.
couldnt agree with you more , i love this horse , he was going to be my BBOTD but i lost my balls and went for fingal bay , least he won lol . good luck !

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December 5.00 Wolves With the drop in grade and the move to this stable recently this looks like a gilt edged opportunity for Famusa to win again. The drop in trip will also help and Bottis horse are always worth a close look in the betting. Very good jockey on board and every chance of a big run. 1 Pt win 7/2 bet365

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd of December

couldnt agree with you more ' date=' i love this horse , he was going to be my BBOTD but i lost my balls and went for fingal bay , least he won lol . good luck ![/quote'] He was second again! :wall just got caught by the winner who was finishing fast. At least you got a winner today ! :ok