UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December

In both Champion's League and Europa League' date=' teams are awarded money for wins/draws (in Europa League they get 140k euro/win and 70k/draw) so it doesn't matter weather a team is qualified or not, they should always play for the money and pride. Believe it or not, some teams play much better when they don't have the pressure to qualify.[/quote'] I'm aware of the prize money but how often do you see a team who has qualified in the Europa begin to take their foot off the pedal in the final couple of games, and even play fringe players.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Twente Enschede vs Fulham Twente top the group with 10 points , whith Fulham 3 points behind.Twente have already qualified for the next round. Last two games that Twente played in their domenstic league were 2 draws , with modest opponents.I think fatigue maybe cought up with them since they are using almost the same 11 players every game.Twente`s manager said that he will rest some of the 1st team players in this game. Fulham on the other hand comes to Holland with their manager Martin Jol in a special spot beeing an ex Twente player. They looked very solid over the weekened drawing with high flying Arsenal. A draw wont bother Fulham either since they host Odense at their home ground to decide who will go through. The superior motivation of Fulham should see them not losing tonight . My pick is : Twente vs Fulham X2

Twente Enschede vs Fulham Twente top the group with 10 points , whith Fulham 3 points behind.Twente have already qualified for the next round. Last two games that Twente played in their domenstic league were 2 draws , with modest opponents.I think fatigue maybe cought up with them since they are using almost the same 11 players every game.Twente`s manager said that he will rest some of the 1st team players in this game. Fulham on the other hand comes to Holland with their manager Martin Jol in a special spot beeing an ex Twente player. They looked very solid over the weekened drawing with high flying Arsenal. A draw wont bother Fulham either since they host Odense at their home ground to decide who will go through. The superior motivation of Fulham should see them not losing tonight . My pick is : Twente vs Fulham X2
I like the under @ 1.83 Pinnacle Fulham definitely know how to park the bus on the road. 2/2 unders in EL away games (5/6 incl. qualification games) and 6/7 in PL away games. And just like you said, they shouldn't have any higher motivation to go for the win.

I'm aware of the prize money but how often do you see a team who has qualified in the Europa begin to take their foot off the pedal in the final couple of games' date=' and even play fringe players.[/quote'] Not very often if the team is in a position where they can win the group and be seeded with the four third-placed sides from the Champions League and guaranteed they will play the second leg at home.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Just a word of warning as I think some people read a bit too much into Wisla's recent result in the Polish league. I think that this language may not be perimtted on the forum so please accept advanced apologies but Polish league is crap. Anyone can beat anyone and it's mainly a matter of showing some motivation and commitment to get a result. Wisla now is in deep trouble, they lost all their games in EL apart from understregth Fulham at home and they will find it difficult to defend the title in the weak Polish league. I don't much about Odense but they beat Wisla in Krakow 3-1 and i put them on DNB on my acca slip.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Schalke 04 - Steaua Bucharest Schalke 04 with a win here will qualify from the group stage. So far they've done well in this group, recording an easy win at Larnaka, a 3-1 win at home over Maccabi and two nil draws. They have Huntelaar and Raul up-front, hopefully Marica will stay on the bench. Jurado, Baumjohann and Holtby will look to control the midfield and set-up attacks, also supported by the 2 full-backs Hoger and Fuchs. Steaua has no link between midfield and attack. They will come to play with 3 defensive midfielders, all 3 being useless when it comes to attacking or scoring goals. On paper they will have 3 strikers, but it won't matter since they will barelly touch the ball in this game. Problems in defense, with Iliev-Geraldo being error-prone at the back, Martinovici is not a right defender, while Latovlevici is poor defending. Anything but a home win covering the handicap would come as a big surprise. Schalke(-1.5)AH @2.00 - PaddyPower

I wouldn't touch it mate. Both teams have relatively nothing to play [Anderlecht have qualified+AEK can't] for and motivation may be low. Good luck if you do though.
If Andelecht loses today they will be on 12 points. If Lokomotiv wins today they will be on 12 points. Last group game, Andelecht host Lokomotiv. I don't see why Andelecht won't finish AEK today so that they are definetly guaranteed the first place and avoid a difficult last group match at home where 2 teams will battle for the first place.

Hello everyone! 4- Lokomotiv vs Strum Graz - Over 1.5 @ 1.23 Reasons: I know almost nothing of these 2 teams, but judging by their past results, Lokomotiv has seen over 1.5 in their last 5 home games as well as their last 3 home games in Europe Leauge. As for Strum Graz, they've seen their last 17 away games go over 1.5. And their last 6 away games have seen 3 games go over 2.5 and the other 3 games ended 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3. Also, their 2 away games in the Europa League this season have seen them go over 2.5. Also, Lokomotiv won the reverse fixture 1-2 and so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't want the win tonight especially since their last game is @ group leaders Anderlecht.
I think this is just a question of does Lokomotiv really want to win. If they play a decent line-up this could get nasty for Sturm. They really struggle in Austrian league at the moment, often having troubles in defense and problems with building up attacks. Szabics and Hölzl, two of their best midfielders are injured and won't play. Also Burgstaller who is one of the worst defenders in the Austrian league will probably have to replace suspended centre-back Feldhofer. Over 2.5 Lok to score more than 1.5 goals Lok win HC 0:1

Hmmmm... Okay' date=' I'll probably make it a small bet then :) cheers! Especially since I know nothing of these 2 teams other than the fact that Wisla might be turning their fortunes around.[/quote'] Dont get me wrong Wisla could win 3-0, but i think its a big risk to go with large stakes on this one, when there are probably better bets around at those odds :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Am i the only one wondering why Stoke are still rising? There not in the greatest of form but they have been consistant performers in Europe so far. It appears that they wont be resting too many players either, with Tony Pulis buildng this up to be like a 'Cup Final' for them. I wouldnt disagree with the fact Dynamo Kyiv are generally a hard to beat kinda side in europe but they have won 1 out of their last 5 Europa League away games and that was in the qualifying round. +0 AH @ 1.8 (Bet365) looks good at the moment

Am i the only one wondering why Stoke are still rising? There not in the greatest of form but they have been consistant performers in Europe so far. It appears that they wont be resting too many players either, with Tony Pulis buildng this up to be like a 'Cup Final' for them. I wouldnt disagree with the fact Dynamo Kyiv are generally a hard to beat kinda side in europe but they have won 1 out of their last 5 Europa League away games and that was in the qualifying round. +0 AH @ 1.8 (Bet365) looks good at the moment
When in doubt regarding unusual odds i always abide by the rule "The bookie is always right", in 90% of cases they have more info than we do

When in doubt regarding unusual odds i always abide by the rule "The bookie is always right"' date=' in 90% of cases they have more info than we do[/quote'] The price of Dynamo shortening is down to people backing them surely? not down to what information the bookies have.....

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Twente - Fulham
Selection over 3.5
Strength 10/10
Date 01/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.80
Reasoning Twente already qualify to the next stage but that team is in very good fit at the moment, they won last three games for that cup with very big results both two games with Wisla they won by 4-1, another good home result was 3-2 against Odense at home. On the other hand Fulham need of these three points today to qualify to the next round they are sitting on the second place with seven points. The last Fulham games finished also with big over they defeat Wisla 4-1 at home after tough loss 1-0 in Poland two weeks earlier. Fulham are expect to start with their best offense players Zamora, Johnson, Dempsey that's why I think we can see another goal affair because host team Twente has also strong offense and no care about the result of this game.

The price of Dynamo shortening is down to people backing them surely? not down to what information the bookies have.....
It's hard to say for this one really, for the odd of stoke to rise there would have to be considerable sums wagered on Dinamo Kiev and i don't think that's the case in such a tight match. Really tricky one, it's a well known fact that sometimes bookmakers use "scare tactics" (by falsely increasing the odds) to discourage players on betting on what they consider the better team as well as constantly underpricing favourites in hard matches to try and convince punters how sure a certain match is (classic example: Barcelona - Sevilla this season). I really don't know what to say about this case, i think it's allmost impossible to predict the outcome in such a very tight match

When in doubt regarding unusual odds i always abide by the rule "The bookie is always right"' date=' in 90% of cases they have more info than we do[/quote'] Fcuking hell,this forum is going from bad to worse :eyes You have more fans here then people who actually use their grey cells. Fcuk rules man,have you ever heard about bookie traps?odds moving not always show you the picture of what is going on.The only reason why odds are going up on Stoke is just cos Dynamo "must"(for all newbies-it's a bad word in betting so don't use it in your posts) but in reality it doesn't mean they will win. I don't expect anythng here but rape.I see Stoke kicking sh*t out of glamour KGB boys.Just ask yourself how many times did Dynamo won away this season in Europe?None.Now ask yourself how many team can beat Stoke at home stadium?Or i can tell you apart from 3 top EPL team not many.Stoke is very physical and brutal team with tall and strong players.I see many broken legs today as Dynamo's butty boys are to fragile to play footie.Dynamo's coach Semin is fcuking alcoholic and don't have a clue about tactics and strategy.he just takes best players on the picth and tells them to kick ball and run.Dynamo are out of shape.They were lucky not to lose against macabi away and played awfull against Besiktas.As far as i know Stoke will play almost the strongest team.It's all down to Stoke's motivation now.If Stoke will turn up today then i just don't see how Dynamo can take any points today.Going with my brain today.I think Stoke at home is a massive value and i prepare to risk and there should be no regrets if i lose my bets. Dynamo is missing regular defenders Mihalik and Popov,while young ladyboy Garmash is suspended. Stoke win @2.5 Stoke -1AH @4.15

Fcuking hell,this forum is going from bad to worse :eyes You have more fans here then people who actually use their grey cells. Fcuk rules man,have you ever heard about bookie traps?odds moving not always show you the picture of what is going on.The only reason why odds are going up on Stoke is just cos Dynamo "must"(for all newbies-it's a bad word in betting so don't use it in your posts) but in reality it doesn't mean they will win. I don't expect anythng here but rape.I see Stoke kicking sh*t out of glamour KGB boys.Just ask yourself how many times did Dynamo won away this season in Europe?None.Now ask yourself how many team can beat Stoke at Reebok stadium?Or i can tell you apart from 3 top EPL team not many.Stoke is very physical and brutal team with tall and strong players.I see many broking legs today as Dynamo's butty boys are o fragile to play footie.Dynamo's coach Semin is fcuking alcoholic and don't have a clue about tactics and strategy.he just takes best players on the picth and tells them to kick ball and run.Dynamo are out of shape.They were lucky not to lose against macabi away and played awfull against Besiktas.As far as i know Stoke will play almost the strongest team.It's all down to Stoke's motivation now.If Stoke will turn up today then i just don't see how Dynamo can take any points today.Going with my brain today.I think Stoke at home is a massive value and i prepare to risk and there should be no regrets if i lose my bets. Dynamo is missing regular defenders Mihalik and Popov,while young ladyboy Garmash is suspended. Stoke win @2.5 Stoke -1AH @4.15
None mate, considering this is Bolton's stadium :lol However I absolutely agree with you and can't see Dynamo taking any pts from tonights match :ok

Vaslui vs Lazio Away side is looking clearly to win here, but I am not sure they will do that. Vaslui is strong and will be a tight game. But Lazio came in Romania with all the big names and I am sure will continue their great moments on away games: 1 defeat in last 9 trips and at least 1 goal in last 16 away games. Vaslui is the best Romanian side as value of players, style of play, etc. They are not top of the League because their constancy is not their main attribute and also are not one of the teams protected by the referees in the internal competition. (Vaslui is a small city in Romania, much bigger than Urziceni although.) I will go for goals in this match, but I believe will not be many! 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with PaddyPower
FC Vaslui: Cerniauskas - Milanov, Papp, Farkas, Milisavljevici - Pavlovici, Zmeu - Buhăescu, Adailton, Sînmărtean - Temwanjera Coach: Viorel Hizo Rezerves: Puia, Y. Bello, Balaur, H. Luz, R. Costin, P. Jovanovici, Gladstone Lazio: Marchetti - Konko, Biava, Diakite, Şt. Radu - Cana - Gonzalez, Hernanes, Lulici - Klose, Cisse Coach: Edoardo Reja Rezerves: Bizzarri, Sculli, Rocchi, Kozak, Ledesma, Crescenzi, Zauri ... to keep you informed ...

None mate' date=' considering this is Bolton's stadium :lol However I absolutely agree with you and can't see Dynamo taking any pts from tonights match :ok[/quote'] ha ha sorry,my **** up,got this messed up ;):rollin

A lot of the bookies seem to be out to get Stoke tonight. They are in all the enhanced multiples I have seen today. Usually a bad sign for backers
That is normally a bad sign yeah! If you layed all of 'Jamie Redknapp's Red Hot Tips' that are on Skybet you wouldnt go far wrong :lol

I'd be careful, Wisla have lost 6/7 away Europa League games and the win was against some minnow in qualifying. And in recent form domestically they've lost 3/4. I'd totally agree on the fact that OB are poor but they did win 3-1 away in Poland. I dont think this is the greatest game to bet on considering both sides are practically out of the comp too...
Wisla looked very poor in the game at Fulham

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Hello guys, i've just registered to give people thinking of betting on the Odense - Wisla krakow game a bit of info about the Odense team. Currently they are on a terrible run, losing to a Midtjylland team from the danish league that isnt playing impressive. The pressure from the media on odense is insane as of late. There is constant talk about how the manager has lost the respect of the team and how the team is divided between the african players and the rest. Looking at the interviews after the recent EL game it looks like they have given up on the EL and now are focusing on the danish league so they can play european football next season. Ontop of that Eric Djemba Djemba is NOT playing which is a major blow and they have a couple of unregular starters in Daniel Hoegh (very young CB) and Morten Skoubo who hasnt really shown anything since he joined from Roda. Bottom line i'd be careful with betting on Odense.. i predict a narrow win to Wisla or a draw :) Good luck guys

Fulham need of these three points today to qualify to the next round they are sitting on the second place with seven points.
I would have thought Fulham would be happy with a draw tonight, with a home game against Odense to come.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 1st December Excellent Football Portal, Excellent Tipsters around here :ok What more can I say? The Punter's Lounge - without doubt, it is the best tipping site you will ever find on the net! Stoke City (England) vs Dinamo Kiev (Ukraine) Pick: Stoke (0) / odds: 1.847 / stake: 4/10 @ Pinnacle In my oppinion Dinamo Kiev will sacrifice this competition and continue the fight for title with the Miners of Donetsk in the Ukrainian League. Firstly, theyr goal to make it next year into Champions League: who will win title in Ukraine will take direct access while 2nd place will take in play-offs. Another reason to sacrifice the Europa League: Shakhtar Donetsk, arch rivals ended theyr adventure in the European Competion and Lucescu's men will focus on title battle, besides there is another team Metalist Kharkiv 3rd placed wich keeps the tempo at the top of Ukraine League with brio. Dinamo are top of the Ukraine Premier with 46 p after 18 games/30 , followed by Shakhtar 45p and Metalist Kharkov 41p. To continue in European League it means Dinamo will get a bit distracted from the local championship. I dont know if this is quit a reason to take Stoke City tonight - it is only my view on Dinamo Kiev (Ukraine). To maintain a good physical condition and avoid injuries, sometimes you must sacrifice something. Well, it's only a cheap argument, and how it will be in practice, we shall see tonight. For Kiev will not play mifielder Garmash (suspended). Vaslui (Romania) vs Lazio (Italy) Pick: Disciplinary: Over 5.5 yellow cards / odds: 2.02 / stake: 4/10 @ Panbet Very tense game, both have chances to qualify. Referee of this match: serbian Mazic and his stats this season in the Europa League group stage. 20.07.11 Dinamo Kiev - Besiktas : 7 yellow cards 15.09.11 PAOK - Tottenham : 8 yellow cards In the first leg Lazio - Vaslui : 7 yellow cards and one red, two penalties awarded. I think in this reverse we will have salt and pepper, once again. Like also other bets base on stats: penalty awarded? yes and red card? yes. 5f9b429a52720969206b13da2820c4d4.gif

Am i the only one wondering why Stoke are still rising? There not in the greatest of form but they have been consistant performers in Europe so far. It appears that they wont be resting too many players either, with Tony Pulis buildng this up to be like a 'Cup Final' for them. I wouldnt disagree with the fact Dynamo Kyiv are generally a hard to beat kinda side in europe but they have won 1 out of their last 5 Europa League away games and that was in the qualifying round. +0 AH @ 1.8 (Bet365) looks good at the moment
I agree mate. Was initially going to leave this one but now @ 1.85 I think this is value.

A lot of the bookies seem to be out to get Stoke tonight. They are in all the enhanced multiples I have seen today. Usually a bad sign for backers
I know what you mean but I think when it comes to European competition they almost always include the English clubs simply because they know people are likely to bet on them, whatever the circumstances.

Steaua not to score @ 1' date='90 [/quote'] I also didn't fancy to take Shalke for a simple win but took the HT/FT instead . Damn Rusescu's goal blew both bets and ruined my night. I had serious money on that bet, was sure of it. And Shalke played very well, had like 12 corners or something...but sometimes, things just don't come out :(

I also didn't fancy to take Shalke for a simple win but took the HT/FT instead . Damn Rosu's goal blew both bets and ruined my night. I had serious money on that bet' date=' was sure of it. And Shalke played very well, had like 12 corners or something...but sometimes, things just don't come out :([/quote'] I am also annoyed, Steaua didn't leave their half in the first 30 minutes, Schalke had 11 corners in the first half hour and managed to score once. Steaua had one shot towards gol, on target and goal. After that Schalke seemed to have led in their boots, hope they will come around in the second half. It would be a huge upset for the germans not to win, Steaua are a really weak team