** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Friday 25th of November

Aidymac

Sollim - Newbury 2:10 Paul Nicholls is red hot at the moment and i feel the price may not last about this recruit for tomorrow. Ruby Walsh takes the ride after riding a couple of winners in Ireland today for Willie Mullins. The horse has yet to win , was 2nd to Lamps at Chepstow last time out when going off odds-on but in its 4 runs to date it has run on heavy once and soft 3 times so the better ground may be the key to the horse tomorrow hopefully. Is also the only 4 year old in the field so gets an allowance which is a big help. Nicholls has had 3 winners from his last 7 runners and this horse commands respect tomorrow. WIN @ 10/3 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November W7.40 Totally Ours 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Bet365 The horse is only 3lb higher than win winning on its only other try over c&d. The jockey that day was Franny Norton who is 1 from 1 on the horse and he takes the ride again for this race. The trainers runners have also been running better of late after a relatively quiet spell. That win over c&d was when beating Satwa Pearl by a length and a half and that horse went on to compete in listed races. Admittedly the horse has got to put some recent moderate runs behind it, but a return to c&d might just be the ticket and make the 16's look like good e/w value.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November Sadly he was a faller last time out and lost count how many times i've posted this horse, am a big fan of Colin & Joe Tizzard and i hope they both get some justice today. Would he have beat GrandsCrus had he stayed on his feet ? Mmmmm we will never know, today's race is another tough one for him but i just hope he stays on his feet, Joe has always said back home he jumps well so lets hope he has learned a lesson and his fall last time out has taught him. Both trip and ground should suit, i just hope they get a nice clear round. Newbury 13:35 - CUE CARD - 1pt Win 9/4 @ Hills. Safe round Joe and the VERY best of Luck.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 13:35 Newbury Mad Moose Win (19,00) William Hill Interesting race, where especially two horses stand out. Mad Moose are not one of them but the Twiston-Davies gelding, are too good in the odds to over look. Mad Moose won two chase races but against lower graded horses. He is now up against some quality preformers and he will need to improve a bit. He got a decent second last time at a novice chases race, if he can build upon that result and if he gets a bit lucky, he might be able to win this. Mad Moose recent form. 1-1-7-3-2 The jockey Twiston-Davies are a regular whit Mad Moose. He had a decent couple of days, whit two wins and three placed.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 12.55 Meydan Kal Barg win SP Desperate times call for desperate measures! I am off to Dubai for my nap today. Kal Barg returns to the track after an absence of 260 days but returns in the same race as he did last year. Last year he was beaten by Rochdale who also races today but he is much better off at the weights. Rochdale like last year came out a couple of weeks ago and won first time up quite well. In this race last year Kal Barg was rated 7lbs higher than Rochdale but this time around Rochdale is rated 2lbs higher which gives my selection a nice 9lb swing in the weights. Earlier this year they gave my selection a tough time of it, racing him in some very hot handicaps but this is more his level and he should be more than capable of going close in this grade. Rochdale is the main danger and his trainer A Al Raihe has made his usual great start to the racing season in the Middle East. He likes to get in there before Godolphin start running their horses and he is very good at placing his horses. Saying that the trainer of my selection, D Selvaratnam has also had a good start with a couple of winners at Jebel Ali last week. James Doyle seems to have taken over riding duties for this trainer as it has normally been Willium Buick in the past. He did ride the 2 winners for this stable last week so hopefully confidence will be high. Kal Barg is already a CD winner and should not be lacking in race fitness. Attheraces have him forecast at 16/1 but I don't really see him being anywhere near that come race time.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 7.40 Wolves Tarooq - bumped into a useful type in Loyalty when second at Kempton last time but that one has been very progressive and there is nothing of that calibre in the field today. Hanagan back riding for Fahey and this ones open to more improvement on polytrack. 9/2 VC 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 4:30 Wolverhampton: Maggie Aron 1pt win 12/1 Ladbrokes Priors Gold has the most experience on the level, however he has raced eight times without getting his head in front, so it might be worth chancing Maggie Aron now that she is back with Tim Vaughan. While that has only been a couple of weeks, if the old surroundings and the familiar rountine have the desired effect and she recaptures her former bumper form Maggie Aron could surprise. Maggie Aron has a fine flat pedigree and the other night Steed outran his price for his new trainer on the level at Kempton.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 2:35 Doncaster - Zorro De La Vega @ 9/1 E-W Bet365 Looks overpriced here, form of his last race when 4th has worked out well, that was on good to soft, i think hes better on a sound surface so should suit better today, trainer is in brilliant form 5 wins from 6 runners last 14 days.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November Zorro De La Vega - 2.35 Doncaster The trainer of this horse has been in cracking form over the last two weeks, winning 5 of her last six races. This horse won 3 starts ago but has since struggled, possibly due to it's mark. It's down to a mark of 118 today and it should be in with a shot today. The price for this horse is too much to pass on in my opinion and I think it stands at least a chance of getting a place.* Zorro De La Vega E/W @ 10/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 7:40 Wolv - Munsarim Finished 3rd here 13 days ago and is carrying 4lb less weight, with the same jockey. Yet to win a race on AW but has only had two starts on the surface and started the last as fav. Trainer and jockey are in good form, so prepared to take the 5/1. 5/1 win - vcbet (bog)

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 3.15 Newbury 1 point win Passato at 28/1 vc.bet BOG He ran up a 4 timer of Chase victories in 2010, progressing from a Class 4 race win when rated just 103, through to a Class 1 race victory at Newton Abbott in August 2010 worth over £20,000, when rated 133. Obviously highly rated by connections as subsequent efforts included attempts in the Grade 3 Paddy Power Gold Cup and the Class 1 Topham Chase. Out of his depth at that level and was also comfortably beaten in this race last year by Aigle D'Or, when form was clearly below his best. Off 132 now, he's 1lb lower than the mark he won his last race from and a return to that level of form could see him pull off a surprise win here. By contrast, Aigle D'Or, who won this race last year off a mark of 129, is attempting to follow up off a 7lb higher mark of 136. Passato will be ably assisted in his attempt to upset the odds, as a result of the eye catching booking of Richard Johnson. Johnson has never rode him before but has a very good and profitable record for punters when riding at Newbury. Passato's a stand out 28/1 with vc.bet and is about the same odds currently on Betfair. He's as short as 16/1 with Boyles and Hills.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 2:45 Newbury - Sivola De Sivola - 1pt @ 6/1 (Powers) Another tough contest in which it's hard to be confident about anything but Sivola De Sivola is an unexposed, improving horse who could well have oceans of improvement in him on what is his first start over this 3m ½f trip (never went beyond 2m 5f). Tom George's 5-year-old grey has only lined out to race on 6 occasions but he has been steadily progressive and ran a career-best when finishing a 13-length 5th of 10 in a Grade 2 contest over 2m 5f at Cheltenham last time out. As a result, the handicapper has put him up 6lbs but that doesn't come into effect until tomorrow and he's officially 6lbs well in at the weights here. Sivola De Sivola may have finished quite a way behind the winner last time out but it doesn't tell the whole story, as he was last as they turned for home having lost his position behind the leaders before 2 out. He then stayed on stoutly past beaten rivals up the hill and shaped as if he would be a much better performer if given the chance to race over further (gave that impression a couple of times before). Tom George gives him exactly that today and I think it'll suit the horse to no end. The track should also suit a lot more than Cheltenham did and he's certainly one of the more likely types in this contest. It's a tough race for one to get to the bottom of and as a result I'm just playing small/medium win stakes. I'm 100% sure that he has a lot more to give over this sort of trip though and he's bound to give it a good shot if all is well.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November Totally Ours - 7.40 Wol (0.5ew LAD 16-1 BOG) Have to agree with Boulder5111 & TheBoyRooney that Totally Ours seems totally overpriced, as her A-W form is really pretty good (3 wins from 6 runs), while her terrible turf form (only 2 third places from 15 runs) is keeping her handicap mark down. She shaped very well from a wide pitch last time out at Kempton, and although she is drawn 8 today, that's much less of a disadvantage at Wolves than at Kempton. She did actually beat today's likely favourite Tarooq by 5 lengths at Wolves in August, and while that one seems to have improved since then, he has also risen 8lb up the weights, whereas Totally Ours is only 3lb higher (as TheBoyRooney points out).

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 1.35 Newbury Bobs Worth evens Stanjames first time out last season he won by 9 lengths, he went on to beat loads of really decent sorts. his last run at cheltenham was competetive. hes beaten horses i rate like court in motion, back spin, rock on ruby etc. ground should suit, and hes fine with this distance. wonder how he'll take to newbury.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 1.15 Muss Samebelucky has James reveley back on board and with the blinkers on here should be much straighter than last time. has run well of higher marks and has his ground here. Never got into the race lto and hopefully the blinkers will improve his jumping here. Stable going well and every reason to believe that run was a blip. 1 Pt win 5/1 PP

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 225 Musselburgh: Vosges 1pt 100/30 VCBet A useful hurdler last season and won here at the track, a wierd decision to send him straight into handicap chases over a trip much further than he had done before, the handicapper gave him a mark of 126 for that run and ran well until running out of gas two out, could have been fitness issue as well. Anyway he has been dropped to 118 here, they must be pals with those above, anyway back to two miles in perfect conditions he could go well here in a small field of not very good chasers.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 1300 newbury urbain de sivola 1 pt win 5/1 pp third last time out, when a mistake at the last,lost any chance of winning, form of the race working out,as 2nd and 5th have won since, trainer nick williams in a purple patch with 2 good winners yesterday

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November Aigle D'Or 3.15 Newbury 1pt Win 9/4 Boyles Won this comfortably last year off 6lbs lower and still appears to be on a winning mark. His last run was in the Galway Plate in July and that was a good effort to finish 3rd. Numerous winners have since come out of that race to frank the form. Stable couldn't be going any better and hopefully Henderson will have him fit and ready for a repeat. Rileyev looks like there's a big race in him but he had a pretty tough race behind I'msingingtheblues last Saturday so Aigle D'or might have the edge in terms freshness.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November EMBSAY CRAG 12.50 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. Hurdling needs to bring about some improvement, but I think it will. The trip and ground shouldn't be a concern and so with hurdling hopefully being what he enjoys, he should be able to hold his own in this company. Plenty have questions to answer, so with having every chance and being big odds, I'd be a player. 20/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 2.45 Newbury - 1pt win Kasbadali @ 12/1 (Bet365) I posted this prior to his recent run:

3.20 Towcester - 2pts win Kasbadali @ 6/1 (Bet365) Kasbadali got off the mark over hurdles last time out having previously been unlucky to face some decent novices off unfavourable marks. He showed plenty of promise in bumpers, and won his second start in that sphere, before chasing home the smart Dare Me at Exeter last year, with a further gap to the third horse. There was nothing wrong with this effort. Front Of House, another decent hurdler, was in the way by 5l the time after. Kasbadali again ran well. He got outpaced before staying on in 5th the time after at Ludlow before chasing home a Grade 2 runner up. The attempt to use blinkers next time out in a decent handicap company had far from the desired effect as he never went or jumped with any purpose - but it was no surprise that he readily picked up a deserved victory in a Ludlow novice race last time out. Back handicapping now, I think he has a top chance in this if ready to go after a break. He's been unfortunate to meet some progressive types and I think he could prove just a bit of a cut above the rest in this race.
He won narrowly that day, but shaped hugely as if 3 miles would suit him better, and that win came off the back of a break. He stayed on stoutly to challenge and forge on up the run-in and today's test looks sure to suit. He's done very little wrong over hurdles, and his only previous try over this trip was in a maiden hurdle when 2 3/4l behind Baile Anrai with the pair well clear. That horse is currently rated 13lbs higher than my selection so there looks some scope off this mark of 120. Ian Williams' horse is a really nice type so it was no shame to lose to him. He's fitter now, gets the trip on his side, and looks fairly handicapped. It would be nice if the yard were going better, but many of their runners have been at big prices so I can forgive that.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November Ardlui 1.00 Newbury. 1 point win. Obviously has the odds on favourite to beat, but hurdling fluently could be the deciding factor today, and with hearing he's schooled well and is expected to be quite useful over hurdles, I choose us over the favourite. Trip and ground shouldn't be a concern and so could get off to a winning start. 4/1 Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 7.40 Wolves: My Kingdom 1pt win @ 20/1 Bet365 BOG Hasn't had a lot of chances on the all weather but is handicapped to go well if ready to go after a month off. Has won from far higher marks than this in the past on turf and ran well through the summer from a mark of 83 in class 3 handicap company (6lbs lower here and down in class). Shrewd stable and if there's any money for it take heed. but at the prices is worth a speculative punt here in my opinion given the stables current rich vein of form and the fact that this is their only entry of the night.

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November

Sadly he was a faller last time out and lost count how many times i've posted this horse, am a big fan of Colin & Joe Tizzard and i hope they both get some justice today. Would he have beat GrandsCrus had he stayed on his feet ? Mmmmm we will never know, today's race is another tough one for him but i just hope he stays on his feet, Joe has always said back home he jumps well so lets hope he has learned a lesson and his fall last time out has taught him. Both trip and ground should suit, i just hope they get a nice clear round. Newbury 13:35 - CUE CARD - 1pt Win 9/4 @ Hills. Safe round Joe and the VERY best of Luck.
Thought he was a touch unlucky, he's now proving a wee bit expensive to follow. Funny game this :sad

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 5.35 Wolverhampton Division 2 and again this looks much the weaker division and might not take much winning looking at this. Spinning Ridge won last time out and looks thoroughly overbet and wouldnt touch with a barge at current prices, fully exposed and will need a career best over a trip he has failed to see out in 10 attempts and looks well worth opposing. Bidable is a reliable sort but is probably better on turf and last and only polytrack win came over CD in a poor class 7 handicap off a 10lb lower mark and although has won off a 8lb higher mark on turf he doesnt look as good despite running well last time out on turf looks worth opposing on the back of a short break. Mccool Bannanas is turning out to be quite reliable but is still a maiden and now needs to find 1.25lengths on JustCallMeHandsome with just a 2lb pull in the weights and will probably come up short given general profile so far. JustCallMeHandome is such a likeable old boy, very rarely runs a poor race and bounced back from a couple of below par efforts last time out under this inexperienced jockey, appears to go well for an apprentice and as far as a hold up sort goes he is fairly straightforward and always puts his all in despite how strong the gallop is. Up 2lb for that effort which does push him 2lb above last winning mark but has won off higher marks and this race has a very weak feel about it. Join Up is another likeable sort on the AW generally consistent last season, below best when last seen but that was mainly on turf so is forgiven and may have just needed a break after a long season. Has gone well fresh before and has now dropped 2lb below last winning mark. 1pt win JustCallMeHandsome 9/2 bet365

Re: BBOTD Friday 25th of November 7.10 Wolv Really fancy SONSIE LASS comfortably holds 2nd and 3rd fav easily over 6f here beginning of the month we've since found out mount mcload is not one to trust, (finds little) and dont see anything lurking after 3 runs still think there is value is the 5/2 mark. 1pt win Sonsie Lass 5/2 lads