** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals

Re: Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals Berdych to bt Djokovic @3.41 Pinnacle Plenty of reasons have been said above. I was hunting Djoker in Paris, but he withdrew from his match with Tsonga :-( When you look at his post-Davis Cup results, it's a sad story. Heavy injury in his Davis Cup match with Delpo in week 37 resulted in a 7 week long break. Then Djoker came into Basel. Had a three setter against Malisse (!), beat novice Kubot in straights, had a tough match with Baggy and got bageled by Nishikori. Next week he struggled against Troicki in Paris and gave a W/O to Tsonga. This tells something about how serious his health troubles are. I just do not trust him he is 100% OK 2 wks after Paris W/O if 8 weeks were not enough to get in shape for Paris after Davis Cup. T-Bird is known choker and plays best on really quick courts, while London is somehow slower than he probably would prefer, but he should be fit and highly motivated. GL :hope

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals

Berdych vs Djokovic - Berdych first break of serve @ 11/8 with BetFred - 3 Points Amazing value here, Djokovic is still evidently not at maximum strength and I feel he will just like in his most recent matches in the two master's 1000's just gone make a fairly slow start. The main factor in what has been causing Djokovic issues has been his shoulder and one of the most use areas used when serving is the shoulder.... He was double faulting persistently in his matches after the injury occurred, okay, its inflammation, but that's a hindrance and therefore, effectively an injury. Berdych has a fierce-some serve and forehand and he RARELY makes bad starts to matches, I see his serve and forehand being in the zone for the opening games of the set and therefore would make the possibility of the first break of serve to go in the way of Berdych.
:clap :ok :cigar :nana

Berdych vs Djokovic - Over 21.5 games @ 9/10 with 10Bet- 3 Points Don't see an easy ride for Novak with the handicap of his serve .. could be a long evening ... Berdych could sneak a set or even the match .. who knows ... two straights could still meet this line. Much value here.
:cheers :moon

Re: Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals Tomas just could not pull the trigger at the top moments, that's exactly what happens to mentally poor players when they are playing against the Novak. In my eyes Tomas is definetly out of this tournament because he will be kicking himself of losing this one tonight, and that will affect playing another 2 games. while watching Novak there is a really something wrong in his game for sure, and the other group looks little bit stronger to me. So now i'm expecting Roger to win this tournament. Boy oh boy what a waste of chance of tomas shame on you :sad

Re: Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals Tsonga vs Fish - Fish to serve more aces @ 2/1 with SkyBet - 2.5 Points Ridiculous, just ridiculous odds, both players have massive serves and are renown for serving heavy numbers of aces, yet Tsonga is out ahead @ 4/11 heavy favourite to tally the most? Both player's movements / defence are also equally as weak as each other. Can't understand the odds at all .. its a coin toss for most aces yet the bookies are pricing Fish @ 2/1? Nah. Taking this.

Re: Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals Tsonga v Fish. Over 22.5 games. 1.75 @ Bwin (6/10) Honestly, I can't see any other result than overs in this one. There should be at least one tie-break if not more than that. They played a 5-setter in their only H2H meeting in this year's US Open. Fish was quite good against Nadal apart from the first game when nerves got better of him. Tsonga prolly will win but won't be an easy match for sure. As for the other match, THE Classic, think Federer will win but might not close it out in straight sets. So nothing comes up there for me. Federer 3-0 against Rafa indoors and beat him here over three sets last year.

Tsonga v Fish. Over 22.5 games. 1.75 @ Bwin (6/10) Honestly, I can't see any other result than overs in this one. There should be at least one tie-break if not more than that. They played a 5-setter in their only H2H meeting in this year's US Open. Fish was quite good against Nadal apart from the first game when nerves got better of him. Tsonga prolly will win but won't be an easy match for sure. As for the other match, THE Classic, think Federer will win but might not close it out in straight sets. So nothing comes up there for me. Federer 3-0 against Rafa indoors and beat him here over three sets last year.
Just taken this, only with small stakes though the tie break and one break of serve potential scenario worries me. 7-6, 6-3 and you are ******.

Re: Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals Federer vs Nadal - Federer to win (-2.5) game handicap @ 5/6 with William Hill - 4 Points Not a chance here for Rafa, Federer's had too much game time on arguably his most favoured surface. Nadal was absolutely and utterly dreadful against Fish, his ground-strokes were shallow and barely reaching past the service line, Federer will pick off those shallow ground-strokes by running around his forehand and setting up for the easy put away at the net. Even Nadal's mental toughness and hustling ways won't be enough for him here, would be fairly suprised if it went to 3 but even so the line here would most probably be safe even if it did.

Re: Tennis - ATP World Tour Finals Sport Tennis Event Nadal - Federer Selection Nadal -1.5 sets Strength 10/10 Date 22/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 5.00 Reasoning What a fantastic odds.. I watched both players in first matches, Federer not looked very strong against Tsonga, lost second set 2-6 and in third not been better player. Nadal too won in three sets, agaisnt Fish, in first set been one class above Mardy, after fiirst set have stomach problems. Before this match Nadal is 100% fit and can play on the level from first set. 18-8 h2h for Rafael. I can't not play 2:0 win with this odds

I think this just goes to validate how shit Nadal was on Sunday' date=' expect a thrashing beat down from the mighty Roger.[/quote'] I don't think that is quite how it works. There will be no thrashing and Nadal might even win the encounter. This is where tennis nowadays lacks depth. Whilst, the players in the top 50 might be very close in terms of talent just the top 3 or 4 really have the mental toughness to take advantage to their opponents mistakes or let-offs. We saw this in yesterdays match where really Berdych should have won but was rushing the his shots, committing unforced errors and clearly displaying a lack of mental toughness. The same happened in Tsonga's match against Federer. Tsonga was on the up after winning the second set but once again couldn't hold his nerve to force the issue in the third.

I don't think that is quite how it works. There will be no thrashing and Nadal might even win the encounter. This is where tennis nowadays lacks depth. Whilst, the players in the top 50 might be very close in terms of talent just the top 3 or 4 really have the mental toughness to take advantage to their opponents mistakes or let-offs. We saw this in yesterdays match where really Berdych should have won but was rushing the his shots, committing unforced errors and clearly displaying a lack of mental toughness. The same happened in Tsonga's match against Federer. Tsonga was on the up after winning the second set but once again couldn't hold his nerve to force the issue in the third.
I disagree, I don't believe Nadal played particularly well on Sunday but that's just my opinion, Nadal should have dealt with a Fish playing like this pretty comprehensively if he was playing anywhere near his best. Even a 70% Nadal in terms of match fitness and form shouldn't need a 3rd set tie breaker to come through Mardy in this state. I agree Fish choked in that tie break wherein his forehand just went for walkies though. We'll see if you are right though, for me Nadal was awful in his last match and I don't see how he's going to have enough time to change that around against Roger.

Very hard to see past Federer tonight. He is the only one of the big boys who is at peak fitness. He's evidently in good form and is confident. He's by no means at his best, however, and would be vulnerable to a big performance from Nadal, but the poor Spaniard looked pretty ill on Sunday and a little rusty. His serve is lacking too. There's no doubt that the time he spent on court against Fish will have sharpened his game but if he's ill or indeed injured, then he's going to struggle. He doesn't like this court much either. It's my respect for Nadal and my knowledge that he can cause an upset tonight with his fighting spirit that puts me off the handicap tonight with serious cash, but in the cold light of day it'd be a big surprise if he was to win the match. Stranger things have happened though.

Federer vs Nadal - Federer to win (-2.5) game handicap @ 5/6 with William Hill - 4 Points Not a chance here for Rafa, Federer's had too much game time on arguably his most favoured surface. Nadal was absolutely and utterly dreadful against Fish, his ground-strokes were shallow and barely reaching past the service line, Federer will pick off those shallow ground-strokes by running around his forehand and setting up for the easy put away at the net. Even Nadal's mental toughness and hustling ways won't be enough for him here, would be fairly suprised if it went to 3 but even so the line here would most probably be safe even if it did.
Beat down, absolute beat down! Easiest money ever and should have gone for the -4.5 or -5.5 ... Nadal is embarrassing ATM.

Good call on all those who tipped Fed' date=' only backed him big straight at 1/2 but the -3 handicap would have been a super bet in hindsight. Rafa was terrible and will struggle to beat Tsonga to qualify imo.[/quote'] Hindsight? It was always a superbet, did you not watch him vs Mardy Fish? Diabolical.