** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis - 31 October - 6 November

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November One final bet for me. (3/10) Juan Monaco to beat Juan Carlos Ferrero @ 2.49 with Pinnacle In all honesty, I think that there is value here. Ferrero looked tired and injured yesterday and Bogomolov pushed him all the way, so Monaco will surely give it a shot here. He is better than Bogomolov and will come into the match fresh and ready.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November I've gone for Monaco as well, although at a shorter price than he is now. He played well in Valencia last year, and looks a better Indoor player than Ferrero judging by results over the last few years. Ferrero has barely played Indoors at all really. Also banking on the Spaniard feeling the effects of the match against Bolgo. Expect it to be a three setter though and lots of breaks.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November

Ferrer vs Davydenko - Ferrer to win (2-0) @ 4/5 with Paddy Power - 4.5 Points This really does crack me up, Davydenko is not even 1/4 of the player he once was and the bookmakers are still wary of him troubling Mr Hustle? I feel this is more about the name than anything. Ferrer is consistently good all season round, but he has been especially good for the past couple of weeks. He never takes his foot of the pedal and capitalizes on slackness/carelessness. Slackness/carelessness is what Davydenko has in abundance right now, well he has done for the past 3 years, I mean let's be honest! Ferrer will draw Davydenko into mistake after mistake, just way too consistent and savy on court for Davydenko's liking. Davy's game is what Ferrer thrives on, there's nothing special in the arsenal and to beat Ferrer you need a strength. Handicaps not available yet as the match is on Friday, so leaping on the set market for now, this price will inevitably come in.
Never really in doubt, was it? :cigar :ok :gimme

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Can't agree on this one BTW you two, Monaco has been rather horrendous since the US Open .. and losing to Dodig with the way Dodig has been playing recently fills me with no confidence whatsoever. I doubt Ferrero will be feeling tired when he is playing for a place in the Semi Final's of a 500 event in his home town against David Ferrer, who he knows he is very much capable of beating. Any feelings of fatigue will be wiped out swiftly by rushes of adrenaline I feel. Ferrero possesses too much off both wings, can create angles and Monaco for me, lacks both on the backhand and service sides. Will be close, but Ferrero is way too clutch and overall the better player for me. I backed Ferrero, but good luck with your bets. :ok

- Stanislas Wawrinka (v Florian Mayer in Basel) @ 1.81 with 188bet 6pts No doubt Mayer is having a good week and he munched Ljubicic yesterday. Thing with Mayer is that he can be dreadfully inconsistent and as he only has one gameplan (of the unorthodox variety, I might add), he can't turn to something if he's losing. Wawrinka's comeback against Haase yesterday was impressive and he finally looks more motivated and comfortable back in Switzerland. Better player for me, and I make him a worthy favourite.
Nice, wish I had followed, felt it was too 50/50 and lost faith in F, Mayer's ability to remain inconsistent between matches after his showing over the last month. Good call. :ok

And having 4 involving the men as well today. Roger Federer vs Potito Starace- Under 17.5 games- 11/10 Coral- (3/10) LOSS Nicolas Mahut (+2.5 games) to beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez- 10/11 Coral- (3/10) WIN Jurgen Melzer (-2.5 games) to beat Donald Young- 5/6 Bet365- (2/10) VOID Vasek Pospisil to beat John Isner- 5/2 Bet365- (2/10) WIN
I have literally no time to do write ups this morning due to exams but I'll put the bets up anyways. Apologies to the mods. Juan Martin Del Porto (-3.5 games) to beat Sam Querrey- 10/11 Coral- (5/10) WIN Kei Nishikori (-4.5 games) to beat Mikhail Kukushkin- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) LOSS Marcos Baghdatis (+5.5 games) to beat Novak Djokovic- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) WIN Roger Federer (-4.5 games) to beat Andy Roddick- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10) WIN
Finally update my P/L for the week now I can relax for the night after my exam. Sorry again about the write-ups, but looks like most of my picks were summed up pretty well by others, with only Nishikori letting me down today. +12.28 overall for the week, with Ferrer looking good for the outright, and also Ferrero could meet him in the semis which would guarantee a place in the final for me regardless.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Fantastic call on Federer. Roddick just can't seem to be able to handle him and the handi was easily covered. I am not (yet) posting any write-ups as I am still new to the betting game but I'd just like to thank Atko, Fishy, ImLovinIt and all the others here for the great work! I am loving the discussions. Excellent analysis and awesome guidance!! :clap

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Well done you two, you saw the sheer unenthusiasm and lax attitude coming, when people say Ferrero is just too one dimensional, boy are they right. Idiot moved Monaco all around the court and Monaco was like a little 12 year old playing in an LTA tournament .. lobbing the ball back to neutralise the rally ... all Ferrero had to do was rush to the net a play the SIMPLE volley ... but he didn't ... really dumb.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Kirilenko +5 vs Kvitova. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Kvitova of course is 19-0 indoors this year and fresh from winning WTA Championships on the same surface but I think Kirilenko has a chance in this match to avoid a hammering. She will have the home crowd support which is always very important in events like this. Kirilenko is a decent player herself and knows these conditions very well. She reached Kremlink Cup final last year. That was played in the same Olympic Stadium. With Kvitova it's hit or miss and if she makes enough unforced errors, Kirilenko certainly will have a shot. btw, she has beaten Kvitova in both matches, so there has to be something wrong about the match-ups.

- Kei Nishikori -4 games AH (v Mikhail Kukushkin in Vienna) @ 1.97 with Pinnacle 5pts Nishikori d. Kukushkin 6-4 5-7 6-4 LOSS - Stanislas Wawrinka (v Florian Mayer in Basel) @ 1.81 with 188bet 6pts Wawrinka d. Mayer 6-2 6-2 WIN - Roger Federer -4 games AH (v Andy Roddick in Basel) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle 5pts Federer d. Roddick 6-3 6-2 WIN - Juan Martin Del Potro -3.5 games (v Sam Querrey in Valencia) @ 1.87 with Unibet 7pts Del Potro d. Querrey 6-2 7-5 WIN
+10.54pts yesterday, which I'll snaffle up, bank, and use next week - it'll be the weekend off for me in the tennis.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November WOOOWW!!!!!! Nishikori to bt Djokovic @11.5 Pinnacle would for sure have been a stupid selection, wouldn't it? LOL. Djoker has serious problems with his back and shoulder. Looks like he's out for the rest of the year. This bagel in the decider speaks for itself.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Lets me honest, its been an awful week for tennis gambling, I mean obviously you don't expect every favourite to win, but occasionally perhaps? Logic completely goes out the window. For Marcel Granollers to beat .. Monfils then Cilic and the DEL POTRO?! Its crazy and probably more a reason as to why I'll be sticking to 1000 masters and Slam events for my big money betting.

Had a £1 four fold accumulator today for a laugh. Granollers' date=' Nishikori, Monaco and..............Wawrinka. Would have won £1,315.95.[/quote'] LOL. Unbelieveable You should have done 3 and taken the two World class players (Djokovic and Federer) outta the fold for 1 each .. So... Granollers Monaco Wawrinka Granollers Nishikori Monaco and then Granollers Nishikori Monaco Wawrinka Unbelievable it almost came off though.

Sport Tennis
Event Granollers vs. Monaco
Selection Monaco (-1.5) Set H (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.62
Reasoning Well, this is surely not the final that everybody has expected, but a final is a final in the end. Both players did played so well in this tournament, both are clear playing their best tennis these days, so from the form point of view I can't see any difference here. Granollers is rated as the favourite here and I can understand that when I take a look at his latest four results where he has defeated players with really big names. Ok, Granollers did showed his best tennis these days, but we just don't have to forget about his real level which is just under Monaco's ones. Juan Monaco is a player who can play a very closed level to David Ferrer's best tennis, yesterday's game wasn't just a surprise where Ferrer there was only about the spaniard's unforced errors or something like that, this semi-final was a really battle between two great defenders. All in all, Monaco is just a much much better defender than Granollers who doesn't possess any serious dangerous shot, no big serve no big forehand, so I really can't see his solutions for this game as he will surely have a very difficult job to beta Monaco's defence. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Karol Beck - Rajeev Ram
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 06/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.40
Reasoning This year`s final of the Eckental challger (Germany, hard/indoors) final will see the croatian Karol Beck taking on the american Rajeev Ram for the 5th time in his career. After Beck won their first meeting back in 2005, Rajeev followed with wins in their next three (09 and twice in 10). Beck is currelty ranking at exactly 100 ATP, with his ussual more challenger tournaments in his path, where he also got a title and another final, this being his 2nd of the season. His only impressive result of the year was at Wimbledon where he came from the qualifiers (3 rounds played) to reach the 3rd round losing to Ferrer in straight sets, but actually in the first and 2nd round he had to face claycourt players, so not that big of a deal in terms of the quality he faced. In the previous rounds here at Ecktantal modest players like Przysiezny, Zverev and Kravietz (players outside the top160), his first real challenge coming in the semifinals when he meet the "local" Brands against which he won 6-4, 6-4 (probably like the score shows it was a close match with maby the only 2 decisive breaks). On the other side, you can`t let his ranking fool you, Ram is 237th in the world but he is a very good server, strong fourhand and a slick one-handed backhand. He had to face stronger players then Beck, that is Sousa, Soeda, Brown and A. Beck, beating all of them in straight sets, proving that he feels very good here at this german challenger. Even if his only real result was at Atlanta where he reached the quarterfinals (2 qualifying rounds) in this season, I feel that he is the one with the edge in this one as he beat Beck 3 times in a row now. Adding the fact that he is doing a very good job so far, yet to give up a set and the fact that his chances are going up because of the surface, I will take him for the win.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Sport Tennis Event Granollers - Monaco Selection Over 21.5 Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.80 Reasoning Look like a three setter. Granollers is home player and always feel great in Valencia, in previous season go to the Final here, but lost against Ferrer. Second chance for Marcel to win this tournament. Today is small favourite, but Monaco too is in very hot form - beat Ferrero and Ferrer in last two matches. Serving very nice. In previous season here Granollers won in three sets, repeat of this result today? Who know.. Sport Tennis Event Federer - Nishikori Selection Under 20 Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.86 Reasoning Federer is free money here. Title defender, local hero. In previous season in final beat Djokovic. In this year have easier way to take title - Nishikori in semifinal beat injured Novak in three sets. Nishikori of course is good player, make big progress in this year, but have to worse serve to play close match against Roger on the fast surface. Minimum one break more per set for Basel player. 6-3, 6-4 is my prediction. :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer - Kei Nishikori
Selection Kei Nishikori
Strength 3/10
Date 06/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 8.00
Reasoning Roger Federer should be a favorite in this match. He is great champion, playing at home but in my opinion Kei Nishikori can beat him. He played against Novak Djokovic, lost first set but won second after tie-break and third 6-0! Novak he has health problems but that does not change the fact that Kei Nishikori plays great. I think Roger will have problems against him in rallies. He rarely makes mistakes, not many unforced errors. Kei Nishikori's backhand is really good. What is important it will be first meeting between these players. Roger Federer has no patent for him. I have to say that odd at bet365 is great and I see value here!

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Federer vs Nishikori Hi all hope everyone is well and having a good week This week i have made a lot on nishikori i watched him play berdych earlier and berdych when fit destroyed him in the first set nishi however is very quick and makes you play the extra set with berdych not moving in for the kill to the net he let the japanese monster back into the game it then seemed berdych might be injured but a good win for nishi in the end. Against kukushkin he nearly lost through lots of unforced errors and he onyl came good because kukushkin couldnt hold his serve Finally i took nishikori to beat djokovic at 40-1 when he lost the first set against djokovic because i thought djoko might retire (based on his interview the previous day) djoko throughly outplayed nishi first set and then started to falter when nishi made him play more shots (decision making was poor by djoko aswell) However seeing federer play wawrinka who is no slouch either i have to say fed has got to win here straight sets probably under 19 games and he will cover the handicap fed dismantled wawrinka moving him side to side and finishing him off although nishis back hand is good i dnt think he can trouble fed 6-2 6-2 fed!

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Sport Tennis Event Chardy - Granollers Selection Chardy Strength 10/10 Date 08/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.95 Reasoning Chardy is great on this surface, big serve, good shots on the net. Play at home, in Paris. Public can give extra power for him. Granollers today play in Valencia, two days later match in Paris - travel, other suface and 5long matches in legs. Not good situation for Marcel. Chardy is favourite. Sport Tennis Event Llodra - Lopez Selection Llodra Strength 10/10 Date 08/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.95 Reasoning I play on Michael here. I remember last year tournament in Paris when Llodra been unstopable, beat Davydenko or Djokovic in a road to the final. Serving on the amazin level. Big motivation, many points to defend. Lopez have bad record in Paris and I don't trust for Feliciano in this game. :hope