** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 31 October - 6 November

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November

Seems as if the Florian Mayer vs Rafael Nadal turned up. Had a feeling this would happen' date=' just going to go with my gut instinct from now on when it comes to these 50/50 matches, rather than relying on one player to be a headcase.[/quote'] To me it rather looks like Ljubo is not 100% fit, dispite his ..."tweet" :eyes He has been struggling with injury so this does not really surprise me. Ljubo needs and probably wants a vacation.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it rather looks like Ljubo is not 100% fit, dispite his ..."tweet" :eyes He has been struggling with injury so this does not really surprise me. Ljubo needs and probably wants a vacation.
"Looks" ? All I looked at was a depressing scoreboard. Where did you watch this match?

:lol Oh dear God. You're right, instinct is the way to go. Ljubo broke in the second game as well, and then just collapsed.
I understand the logic you were using and that's why I followed. You thought F, Mayer was simply inspired when facing Rafa and that when facing a much bigger server who occasionally net rushes, becomes flustered. IE Losing to F, Lopez straight after. Ljubicic like F, Lopez is a big server and accomplished at the net. What tipped it was with the head to head being 3-0 too. The bookies saw this coming though, just like Tsonga, I hate following the bookies but they are really on the mark lately.

"Looks" ? All I looked at was a depressing scoreboard. Where did you watch this match?
By "looks" I was referring to how the match progressed, so not in the litteral sense but rather how I interpreted Ljubo's fold. As in: "It look's to me like you didn't catch my meaning" ;)

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Going to support Wawrinka vs Haase overs, although this might mean a kiss of death :-) Stanislas Wawrinka vs Robin Haase over 22.5 games @1.943 Pinnacle I could get 21.5 games nowhere at my bookies, but I still think this bet is good. Robin is exploiting his huge serve (12 aces, 6DF in his last match against Chiudinelli). Both players had more than 80% 1st serve points won in their last matches. H2H is 2-0 for Wawa, but both matches went into three sets. Wawa is a fav, he is playing home, but Robin defends QF points from last year here in Basel (Wawa was ousted in R2 in valencia last year). I watched Wawa's last match against Dodig, and it seemed to me that he was playing carelessly at times, often being 0-30 down on his own serve, but every time he managed to get out of this by excellent serve and net approach. There are not injuries involved, both players should be relatively fresh (Wawa plays his 1st tournament after a pause, Robin his second, but he lost in R1 last week). Wawrinka plays next week in Paris defending R3 from last year, so this might be a tank factor, but IMO he should stay motivated at a home tournament. For Haase I guess this is last tournament of the year, although who knows after Nadal giving up Paris next week. All in all - both players are motivated, are fresh, are tough to break, H2H is all overs, hence an over again today. GL :hope

By "looks" I was referring to how the match progressed, so not in the litteral sense but rather how I interpreted Ljubo's fold. As in: "It look's to me like you didn't catch my meaning" ;)
lol.. I see.. This is also why I asked TennisExpert what he meant when he said he saw Ljubicic against Llodra ... the match wasn't being streamed so how was he to know Llodra just didn't beat himself? Anyways, better luck for the rest of the matches today I guess.

I understand the logic you were using and that's why I followed. You thought F' date=' Mayer was simply inspired when facing Rafa and that when facing a much bigger server who occasionally net rushes, becomes flustered. IE Losing to F, Lopez straight after. Ljubicic like F, Lopez is a big server and accomplished at the net. What tipped it was with the head to head being 3-0 too. The bookies saw this coming though, just like Tsonga, I hate following the bookies but they are really on the mark lately.[/quote'] Have to say I started to worry when the odds stayed the same for so long, and there wasn't exactly a calvalry charge on here either :lol Have a feeling for Anderson later on, but not sure whether Delgo can still make London.

Have to say I started to worry when the odds stayed the same for so long, and there wasn't exactly a calvalry charge on here either :lol Have a feeling for Anderson later on, but not sure whether Delgo can still make London.
I would just stick to the overs personally, I'm sure Tsonga and Cilic falling will have inspired Del Potro to win .. great chance of taking the tournament now.

Sport Tennis Event Seppi - Nishikori Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00 Reasoning Over 22.5 is the best option for this match. Nishikori played in first round agaisnt Berdych, won in three sets, show very good service stats. Lost only one serve game. Seppi played against Muller, too concended only one serve game in match and won in three sets. Both are in TOP50 in this moment, but out of the TOP30. This is close match up, without clear favourite.
So close :(

I would just stick to the overs personally' date=' I'm sure Tsonga and Cilic falling will have inspired Del Potro to win .. great chance of taking the tournament now.[/quote'] Yeah, just checked that out. Del Potro can make a move here in Valencia. I've gone for an Overs treble involving Del Petro-Anderson, Haase-Wawrinka, and Roddick-Stepanek.

Yeah, just checked that out. Del Potro can make a move here in Valencia. I've gone for an Overs treble involving Del Petro-Anderson, Haase-Wawrinka, and Roddick-Stepanek.
Hmm, fancy Roddick to break Steps once in each set.. good luck though.

Ferrero vs Bogomolov - Ferrero to win @ 4/7 with YouWin - 3.5 points Bogomolov's a talented player, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he has the game to trouble a player of Ferrero's ability when on song and Ferrero right atm, is "on song"... Although Ferrero you could say was somewhat shakey in moments against Kunitsyn in his last round, he still showed enough skill and class under pressure to warrant me keeping faith with him here. He's been on a good run and there have been few glimpses in the recent months of him back in his prime years. Solid of both the forehand and backhand wings and capable of hitting angled winners in baseline tussles which would trouble most players outside the top 4. One thing Ferrero hasn't lost since his younger days has been his "clutch game" he still produces the big serves (1st and 2nd) and forehands when it most matters. Bogomolov came through against F, Lopez who I've heard practically beat himself with a stupid low serve percentage and rather a lot of errors. He's also going to be the less fresh out of the two, after having played, you could say, quite a fair share of tennis over the last couple of weeks. Ferrero fed of the Spanish crowd last match and I expect much of the same from him this time too, he is generally a man that becomes inspired by the big occasion. I expect a tight match but the eventual outcome to be in favour in that of the Spaniards. The (-2.5) game handicap is also available at 10/11 with Bet365... however I am much more comfortable with just the win, especially considering the stubborn resistance Bogomolov can be at times.
:loon :ok

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November my book doesnt have handicaps for challenger matches but ive still taken Somdev Devman in the Charlottesville challenger tonight over Kudla at 1.35. Charlottesville is where Dev went to school (university of virginia) and will have many friends and family supporting him in a tournament i'm sure he's confident in winning so motivation very high. Kudla basically a challenger player and Dev beat him 1 and 1 last time they played, last year, but on this same indoor hard court surface.

Going to support Wawrinka vs Haase overs, although this might mean a kiss of death :-) Stanislas Wawrinka vs Robin Haase over 22.5 games @1.943 Pinnacle WIN ?
Wawrinka 4-6 6-1 after the 2nd set, overs guaranteed unless there will be a retirement. Unlike Tsonga that tanked after the lost tie-break in the 1st set because of Paris next week, Wawa really means to actually win this match. However, unless a player retires, this bet is a winner ;)

Del Potro vs Anderson - Over 21.5 games in match - @ 4/5 with Bet365 - 4.5 Points Kidding right? The bookies still won't respect big Kevin! Despite their last match, only a week ago going to 3 sets the bookies are still comfortable setting the total this low? :\ Thier loss I guess. Whether or not Del Potro does this in straight sets is another debate, he may well need 3, but you would expect atleast one breaker even if he doesn't! 7-6, 6-4 (Or visa versa) 7-5, 6-4 (Or visa versa) or even 7-6, 6-3 (Or visa versa) would do it! Too good to pass up, Anderson's in the form of his life, serving remarkably and on a high.
Close, not close enough though, had only Anderson dragged it to 5-5 .. oh well ... can't win em all. :sad

Close' date=' not close enough though, had only Anderson dragged it to 5-5 .. oh well ... can't win em all. :sad[/quote'] Anderson broke back to level at 4-4 in the second, and promptly got broken again :eyes and ruined my treble The bookies definately know something we don't this week.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Ferrero vs Monaco - Ferrero to win to win @ 8/11 with Paddy Power - 3.5 Points Okay, arguably hardly much separating these two players on hard-court, HOWEVER, Ferrero possesses that little bit of extra magic and shot making ability that Monaco just doesn't have. Ferrero is a better clutch player not to mention, this coupled with the home advantage makes me smell a victory for Juan Carlos tomorrow. :ok

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer vs. Nikolay Davydenko
Selection Davydenko
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.26
Reasoning Well, this will going to be a game between two great players where David Ferrer is the croud favourite as he is playing at home while Nikolay Davydenko is the underdog. The spaniard clear had a much more succesfull season than the russian player and this point of view surely makes a lot of sense why he is rated as a big favourite, but from the other side I will try to mentionate the specific of the situation of the moment which is just different from the many other ones for the russian player as he had so many bad tournaments till this stage. Well, Davydenko for the first time defeated a really strong opponent which is Gilles Simon and that IMO turn all the things as certain here at Valencia he has started to show a different tennis. From the class point of view I will say without any doubts that Davydenko is just a better hard-court player than David Ferrer and taking into consideration his good form from certain this tournament he should be very competitive in today's game. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Djokovic vs Baghdatis. Over 19 games. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Djokovic has admitted that he won't be 100% this week and he was really poor against Malisse in the first round. Crushing Kubot is no big deal. Let's see what he'll be able to do against Baghdatis. The Cypriot always brings his best game against top players and has taken at least one set of Djokovic in their last four meetings, the latter of those was in this year's Wimbledon. Djokovic won that match in 4 sets. Despite having inconsistent serve this week, I believe Baghdatis will be able to get something out of the rallies as well. Total games line is set at low 19 games which is wrong for me. Basically 6-4, 6-3 will be good for a push and I don't think it will be anything less than that.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Ok, let's see...might come back later with more. (3/10) Sabine Lisicki (-3) to beat Daniela Hantuchova @ 1.84 with Pinnacle Sabine has been the better player in the second part of the season and I believe that the surface will help her more than Hantuchova, who has not recorded any good results for a long time - pretty much since the US Open. Last match was won by Lisicki - and by a big margin. (3/10) Marcos Baghdatis Over 7 Games (vs. Djokovic) @ 1.86 with Pinnacle Marginally better odds than for the overs, while it is almost the same bet. Baghdatis is the much better than Kubot or Malisse, so he should give Djokovic a fight. He is still not at 100% and Baghdatis knows how to play against him - 7 games is not that much on this fast surface.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Not got much time but here are a few for today (take it or leave it, I dont have time for write ups): Baghdatis + 5.5 Evens B365 Bartoli under 19.5 4/5 SJames Kie -3.5 1.75 Unibet Del P. -3.5 1.87 Unibet Roddick +4.5 11/10!! PP. Crackign price. 1 unit on each. Some of my bets are with more than 1 bookie (cos of amount) but this is best price I got. Gl.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November I have literally no time to do write ups this morning due to exams but I'll put the bets up anyways. Apologies to the mods. Juan Martin Del Porto (-3.5 games) to beat Sam Querrey- 10/11 Coral- (5/10) Kei Nishikori (-4.5 games) to beat Mikhail Kukushkin- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) Marcos Baghdatis (+5.5 games) to beat Novak Djokovic- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Roger Federer (-4.5 games) to beat Andy Roddick- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10)

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Four for me ... and I'll add in some reasoning too, just for the banter ;) - Kei Nishikori -4 games AH (v Mikhail Kukushkin in Vienna) @ 1.97 with Pinnacle 5pts It's been a good week for Nishikori. Solid wins over Berdych and Seppi and certainly looks at home in the quick conditions. Had a good Asian swing and is playing some solid tennis now that he's fully fit - injuries have been his Achilles heel in the past. He beat Kukushkin in straight sets in Cincinatti this year and for me, is a more talented player. Kukushkin's had a nice route here in Young and Blake but the Japanese is several steps higher and should be too strong. Comfy win predicted. - Stanislas Wawrinka (v Florian Mayer in Basel) @ 1.81 with 188bet 6pts No doubt Mayer is having a good week and he munched Ljubicic yesterday. Thing with Mayer is that he can be dreadfully inconsistent and as he only has one gameplan (of the unorthodox variety, I might add), he can't turn to something if he's losing. Wawrinka's comeback against Haase yesterday was impressive and he finally looks more motivated and comfortable back in Switzerland. Better player for me, and I make him a worthy favourite. - Roger Federer -4 games AH (v Andy Roddick in Basel) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle 5pts H2H speaks for itself with Federer and Roddick (20-2 in favour of the Swiss). Federer coughed up a few chances in R1 and R2 but I expect him to be more focussed up against someone like Roddick - he knows the American's dangers. Stepanek was in control yesterday against the American, exposing his weaknesses. It's not the Roddick of the past, and I reckon Federer, in Switzerland, should be a little higher than the -4 quoted, even if he's not at his best. - Juan Martin Del Potro -3.5 games (v Sam Querrey in Valencia) @ 1.87 with Unibet 7pts Kudos to Querrey for getting this far, but he's meeting Del Potro at the wrong time. The Argentinian is gunning for form ahead of the Davis Cup final and a spot in London. He's covered this line before against a fit Querrey - the American has only just returned from injury and I'm not sure he's ready for three matches in four days indoors. Del Potro should have the measure of him in these conditions and I'd be surprised if he didn't come out on top.

- Stanislas Wawrinka (v Florian Mayer in Basel) @ 1.81 with 188bet 6pts [..snip..]
This one is rather risky, IMO. Stan is not playing the best tennis by now, and his comeback yesterday was mainly due because of Haase's serve was extremely below par. 12 aces in Chiudinelli match, 1 ace against Wawa, something was wrong with him. Still Robin was able to take the first set. Flo is in no case a pushower, he did beat Nadal, who later admitted that he "did nothing wrong, but Flo was simly better." Flo > Wawa was one of my intended plays today, but I decided to go for Baggy vs Djoko over 19.5, in which I am more confident. I am not saying Wawa will not actually win, this is only my opinion. BOL with your plays anyway.

This one is rather risky' date=' IMO. Stan is not playing the best tennis by now, and his comeback yesterday was mainly due because of Haase's serve was extremely below par. 12 aces in Chiudinelli match, 1 ace against Wawa, something was wrong with him. Still Robin was able to take the first set. Flo is in no case a pushower, he did beat Nadal, who later admitted that he "did nothing wrong, but Flo was simly better." Flo > Wawa was one of my intended plays today, but I decided to go for Baggy vs Djoko over 19.5, in which I am more confident. I am not saying Wawa will not actually win, this is only my opinion. BOL with your plays anyway.[/quote'] Wawrinka is a much better returner than Chiudinelli, which in part explains the reason why there were more aces. Also, Wawrinka put Haase under more pressure in his service games - Chiudinelli only broke when Haase was serving for the match. The Dutchman is known for getting tight when under the cosh. Mayer's playing well, but I'm gambling on his inconsistency hurting him here. Good luck with your bets too :ok