** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 31 October - 6 November

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November

Almagro is carrying an injury' date=' its why nobody is going near him. He may well come through but lots of whispers that he isnt 100% fit (shoulder). Be careful.[/quote'] Yeah, unfortunately hadn't heard that when I took the bet this morning. Shown on Spanish TV complaining about his shoulder and seemed to be in a bit of pain. Big drift on his odds before the start, so looks like I'll just have to write that one off really...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ljubicic vs Llodra - Ljubicic to win with 32Red @ 3/4 - 2 Points Both very good player's on indoor hardcourt however Ljubicic has had much the better season, the bookies have gotten a little carried away with Llodra's win in a petty Challenger event, they're forgetting he was @ home in France and hardly had much of a match against many of the opponents. His hardest tests were in the Semi Final and Final vs Andreas Beck and Clement, he was pushed to 3 sets against Beck and dismissed with Clement in straights. Ljubicic has had his best season ever in terms of results and I feel he will have just a bit too much for Llodra at the crucial moments in this match, Llodra can't match him from the baseline and I see Ljubicic getting the better of Llodra when he gets to the net. :ok
:ok :cigar

Yeah' date=' unfortunately hadn't heard that when I took the bet this morning. Shown on Spanish TV complaining about his shoulder and seemed to be in a bit of pain. Big drift on his odds before the start, so looks like I'll just have to write that one off really...[/quote'] He hurt his shoulder at about 1300 this afternoon on the practice court. Thats arond when I first heard. He seems to be making a come back so fingers crossed for you boys.

Have a few for tomorrow but dont have all the lines yet. For starters: A) Anderson under 20.5 @ 1.83 bet365 5/10 Surprised this line is this high tbh, I expect at least 1 break per set, Anderson too classy. Added: B) Malisse + 6.5 @ 1.80 (2/10) The punk wont go down easy, the court will make his serve not so easy to break and we dont know what condition Novak is in and also how much hes going for it. Seems a big line for novak to cover and the punk wont be affriad to play him and leads the h2h 1-0. C) Wawrinka less than 21.5 @ Evenish (various 2/10) Home turf will help here and Dodig is playing some of the worse tennis you are liekly to see. Can all change on the day ofc but based on current events wawrinka should win with plenty. D) Kei + 4.5 about 2.2ish (1/10) Slighly risky this one but it has more that even mone chance. E) Neiminen/Bellucci I cant yet find a way to exploit the condition of both players but this is one to stay close to and trade as I feel there could be opportunities here as the picture becomes clearer.
About +9 points, 4/4, hope some others made some off it too.

Berdych vs Nishikori - Nishikori (+4.5) with 10bet @ 7/6 - 3 Points Okay, okay, Berdych has been in pretty impressive form but as has Nishi, inspired by playing home, it really brought the best out of him and I see momentum being brought from those two events into this tournament. He beat Tsonga and Berdych possesses quite a similar game to Tsonga you could say. I definitely don't see Nishi losing 6-4, 6-3 or visa versa .. there won't be more than a break in each set from Berdych and even if there is in one Nishi will make one set rather tight you've got to feel, who knows, may even sneak a set. Definitely worth the bet. :ok
What happens when there's no emotionally hysterical ladies in betting? I end with a 100% for the day :clap About time my luck changed :) Congrats to everyone else who picked winners for today and commiserations to the unlucky losers.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Hi all :cheers Fancy Tipsarevic today at the Evens available. I don't like to oppose Mayer as he's an awkward player to play at times, but hate that 22% receiving points won stat in his last match and sticking with Janko here 2/10

Will someone please explain to me why Stepenak is over-whelming favourite to beat Giraldo tomorrow?
perhaps because Giraldo played Davis Cup in Mexico 4 days ago - and on clay. Then had to travel to Europe, while Stepanek just moved from Vienna to Basel.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Couple of ones for me today. Will try to keep summations brief from now on ... - Radek Stepanek -3 games AH (v Santiago Giraldo in Basel) @ 1.94 with Pinnacle 5pts Don't rate Giraldo particularly highly indoors. Stepanek's had good year and was unfortunate to run into in-form Brands last week, who was unbreakable. Stepanek beat the Colombian in Basel last year 3-6 6-2 6-0 and I still have question over Giraldo's consistency. More of a slower hard court man, fancy Czech to cover line. Would take -3.5 so line definitely holds value all the way until there. - Janko Tipsarevic (v Florian Mayer in Basel) @ 1.95 with 188bet 4pts Defeat for Almagro and Fish's retirement keeps door open for Tipsarevic in quest for London. Will be a bit fatigued after final loss in St Petersburg, but evidently on form and loss to Mayer in only meeting was very tight. German can be a little hit or miss against good players. Tipsarevic may want this one more. Not much value left in price so would recommend 1.90 as the limit, and it's worth covering yourself with a bookie that offers refunds on retirements. - Milos Raonic +1.5 games (v Marin Cilic in Valencia) @ 1.926 with Pinnacle 3pts Cilic won in Russia last week but tends to down tools after finals - Shanghai being a good example on back of Beijing. Raonic is a huge server who is dangerous indoors and posted good showing in Stockholm recently. Hard man to break and expecting this to be close. Plus could be a good thing in such instances. I'd take the plus all the way down to 1.80.

Sport Tennis
Event Janko Tipsarevic - Florian Mayer
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 02/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.03
Reasoning In the first round of the ATP Basel Janko Tipsarevic from Serbia will take on Florian Mayer from Germany. This will be their 5th official encounter with the score so far tied 2-2, with the german being successfull in the previous 2 times. Tipsarevic, ranked 13th in the world at the moment, could be considered a late bloomer in my oppinion with his 27 years and allready 10 in pro. He will be finishing maby his best season in his career at the end of this year with 2 titles (Kuala Lampur, Moscow) in his pocket, 3 other finals (Delray Beach, St. Petersburg, Eastbourne) and 3 semifinals (Montreal Masters, Chennai, Belgrade). All and all he has done a very pretty job on every surface playing his 2nd final in a row last week after just winning the Moscow title. Mayer, ranked 22nd in the world, good claycourt player, a big server so he has done good on hardcourt as well and this season didn`t make no difference with 2 semifinals (Zagreb, Sydney) and 3 other quarterfinals (Shanghai, Dubai, Brisbane). On his favorite surface (clay) he got a title in Bucharest and played another final at "home" in Munchen lost to Davydenko in three sets. He made quite long break after his last appearance which was in China (Shanghai Masters) and will be coming with just a 3-2 record this season in indoors/hard. Everybody knows that the conditions in indoors are different than on hardcourt/outroors and with the streak of Tipsarevic who has played 3 consecutive finals (winning 2 of them) in these kind of tournaments, rounding up a very decent 13-2 record, I think his last 2 dissapointing losses against Mayer could not count that much with the serbian having a better overall season then the german and has a clear chance to win. The only "problem" is that Tipsarevic has retired a couple of times this year and I hope he doesn`t do it this time because he is the favorite in my oppinion. So win Janko Tipsarevic.

perhaps because Giraldo played Davis Cup in Mexico 4 days ago - and on clay. Then had to travel to Europe, while Stepanek just moved from Vienna to Basel.
Ugh, wish you'd been online yesterday, I put Giraldo in a 4fold together with Del Potro 2-0, Raonic and F, Lopez.. 11/1 11 pounds lol Can't even lay Giraldo either, his match is on at the same time as Del Potro's and the odds are hardly attractive. :puke Oh well.

Devvarman v Jones Under 21.5 games. 1.8 @ Bet365 :ok Almagro -2.5 to beat Monaco. Evens @ Victor Chandler :( Malisse +5.5 to beat Novak Djokovic. 2.1 @ Victor Chandler :ok
Decent day in the end yesterday, although shame that Almagro hurt his shoulder in practice though. Almost came through anyway though. Couple for today: Stepanek -3 to beat Santiago Giraldo. 2.06 @ Pinnacle Have to agree with Atko on this one. Giraldo has just come from playing Davis Cup in Mexico on clay at altitude to playing a quick indoor court in Basel. Clearly the extra day rest will have helped, but I think Stepanek will be a level above the Colombian here. He beat him in three sets here last time, cruising through the last two sets, and while he hasn't been in the best of form, he enjoys playing in Basel and has only been beaten by Federer and Djokovic here. Brown v Grigelis Over 22.5 games. 1.83 @ Bet365 Both these two came through their opening rounds in straight sets; Brown beat the promising Romanian, Marius Copil, while Grigelis had an excellent win against the home player, Stebe. Grigelis is an excellent prospect, but whether he can beat Brown in Germany at this moment remains to be seen. I do think he will keep it close though and I could see it going to either a tiebreak or a third set, which should hopefully see this through.

Hi all :cheers Fancy Tipsarevic today at the Evens available. I don't like to oppose Mayer as he's an awkward player to play at times, but hate that 22% receiving points won stat in his last match and sticking with Janko here 2/10
Luckily I backed Tipsarevic with VC and the match was deemed a void, the other 2 selections are still in play :nana. Those who backed him with Pinnacle had a bit of a sweat as if the 1st set was finished it was curtains, especially as Mayer had at least 1 match point. You really got to watch with retirements this time of the year, can be very costly!!!

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November There was very huge odds shift in Tipsa match - Flo went from being underedog 2.01 to low 1.8-ish fav at Pinnacle within 2-3 hours before the match started. Retiring at 1-5 40:40 is not common, also. Add to this Flo had a setpoint at 40:30 before that. I can remember only Gasquet (that was Gasquet-Berrer 2-5 0:30 Berrer serving) doing the same earlier this year. Make your own conclusions.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Ivan Ljubicic to beat Florian Mayer @5/6 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Can't resist this one and expect prices to drop on Ljubo as the match draws closer. He holds a 3-0 head to head lead over Mayer, two of those on indoor hard, and has just come off a good Indoor showing in Metz where he just lost out in a close tussle with Tsonga in the final. Mayer is always capable of a big performance however at this time of year he doesn't usually fancy it and I'm not reading much into today's match against Tipso either. His victory over Nadal will be his 2011 swansong and he can relax until next year. GL! :hope

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November F, Lopez = Disgrace to Spaniards. I had this as close so thought I'd leave it, but then suddenly, I stupidly believed Felly would be on song and serve good enough to get him through as he was playing @ home. Not to be, even after being a set and a break up. lol Catastrophic meltdown. :@

Ivan Ljubicic to beat Florian Mayer @5/6 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Can't resist this one and expect prices to drop on Ljubo as the match draws closer. He holds a 3-0 head to head lead over Mayer, two of those on indoor hard, and has just come off a good Indoor showing in Metz where he just lost out in a close tussle with Tsonga in the final. Mayer is always capable of a big performance however at this time of year he doesn't usually fancy it and I'm not reading much into today's match against Tipso either. His victory over Nadal will be his 2011 swansong and he can relax until next year. GL! :hope
Just a question, how can you be sure the F, Mayer vs Nadal won't turn up?

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Sport Tennis Event Seppi - Nishikori Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00 Reasoning Over 22.5 is the best option for this match. Nishikori played in first round agaisnt Berdych, won in three sets, show very good service stats. Lost only one serve game. Seppi played against Muller, too concended only one serve game in match and won in three sets. Both are in TOP50 in this moment, but out of the TOP30. This is close match up, without clear favourite. Sport Tennis Event Wawrinka - Haase Selection Over 21.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.91 Reasoning Over is the best option in this game. Robin Haase is 40 players in the ranking, one of the strongest serve. In first round concended only one service game against home player Chiudinelli. Haase not played on the highest level, in this match, with higher motivation can be very dangerous. Wawrinka beat Dodig in two sets, but Dodig is not in the best form at the moment. Wawrinka serving very good. Wawrinka is big favourite, but this is not easy match for him. Sport Tennis Event Djokovic - Kubot Selection Under 18.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.91 Reasoning Djokovic defending final from last year in this tournament. Novak in first round played against big server from Belgium Malisse and won in three sets, match been close because Xavier serving really good. Kubot yesterday played against Kamke, won in three sets, but give 26 break points for the rival!!! Kamke converted only 5. If Lukasz keep this 'level' against Djokovic, I don't see any chances for him. 6-2, 6-3 Sport Tennis Event Monaco - Fognini Selection Over 21.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.91 Reasoning In previous season Monaco played at Indian Wells hard courts against Fognini and match end with 22 games exactly. Monaco in first round played against injured Nicolas Almagro and take win in this match after three close sets. Fognini too played against home player in first round, against Daniel Gimeno-Traver and take comfortable straight sets win. Serving good. Monaco is favourite, but this is not easy match for him. Sport Tennis Event Cilic - Granollers Selection Over 20.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.75 Reasoning Bwin show too low line and I mustplay it. Last match in h2h, at Chennai courts in previous season been very close - 6:7, 6:3, 6:4 for Cilic. Granollers in first round won 6:3, 6:4 against TOP20 Dolgopolov, Granollers hold all service games in this match. Cilic won 6:4, 6:4 against big server Raonic, too hold all service games in match. I see minimum 21 games in this match. Sport Tennis Event Anderson - Del Potro Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.00 Reasoning Over is the best option here. Both players are in very good form. Anderson in first round played against gifted Martin Kilzan and won 6-1, 6-4. 9 aces for RPA player in this match. Del Potro in first round played against experience Dimitry Tursunov and won 6-4, 6-1. 10 aces for Argentinian player in this match. Valencia surface have high bounce and this is advantage for Anderson. Three sets Sport Tennis Event Ljubicic - Mayer Selection Ljubicic Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 1.87 Reasoning In my opinion Ljubicic take win in this match I watched Ljubicic in first match here against Llodra and played very well - the biggest weapon serve been very hot, give one break points for French player, but save it. Llodra is big server, but Croatian player broken him two times. Mayer won first round match by Tipsarevic retiretment - 5:1 in first set, but Florian made only 33% first serve in court, not good stats before matcha against Ljubicic. Sport Tennis Event Tsonga - Querrey Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.91 Reasoning For me Over is the best option here. Querrey before injury been one of the best server in the tour. In last weeks backing to the best form. In first round played against Ernests Gulbis and been totally untouchable on the serve. Tsonga in first round played against young, local player Marti, won in three sets, but looked tired. Of course Jo have great serve and this match can be very close.

Just a question' date=' how can you be sure the F, Mayer vs Nadal won't turn up?[/quote'] Nadal got his juices flowing. Hadn't played him before, Rafa was coming off a spanking by Murray, and Nadal generally struggles on the Asian hard courts at this time of year. Mayer probably thought "I fancy this" and used his box of tricks to befuddle Nadal. I don't think Big Ljubo on an Indoor hard court, and at the end of the season for him, will hold quite the same allure - and I doubt we will see the German at peak motivation. Also Ljubicic said on twitter that he's in good shape, so if he's feeling good then he should be tough to beat and ready to fight even if Mayer does turn up.

Nadal got his juices flowing. Hadn't played him before, Rafa was coming off a spanking by Murray, and Nadal generally struggles on the Asian hard courts at this time of year. Mayer probably thought "I fancy this" and used his box of tricks to befuddle Nadal. I don't think Big Ljubo on an Indoor hard court, and at the end of the season for him, will hold quite the same allure - and I doubt we will see the German at peak motivation. Also Ljubicic said on twitter that he's in good shape, so if he's feeling good then he should be tough to beat and ready to fight even if Mayer does turn up.
Fair enough explanation. Good luck. I took Ljubicic in a 6 quid accumulator with Cilic, Del Potro, Tsonga, Nishikori and Roddick.... Cilic's and Tsonga's prices are ridiculously good... could not care less how hard Marti fought yesterday, Querrey is not back to anywhere near his level best since coming back from injury, yet.

Sport Tennis Event Ljubicic - Mayer Selection Ljubicic Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 1.87 Reasoning In my opinion Ljubicic take win in this match I watched Ljubicic in first match here against Llodra and played very well - the biggest weapon serve been very hot, give one break points for French player, but save it. Llodra is big server, but Croatian player broken him two times.
How did you watch this match? It wasn't being streamed anywhere as far as I could learn?

Ugh, wish you'd been online yesterday, I put Giraldo in a 4fold together with Del Potro 2-0, Raonic and F, Lopez.. 11/1 11 pounds lol Can't even lay Giraldo either, his match is on at the same time as Del Potro's and the odds are hardly attractive. :puke Oh well.
mate start making your decisions instead of relying on other people, your attitude is poor, 1st you were a sore loser after azarenkas match vs bartoli asking for advice on a refund from paddy power and now how ing would get back to you straight away and putting ugh in front of a sentence shows lack of respect now i know why uwere banned !!

mate start making your decisions instead of relying on other people' date=' your attitude is poor, 1st you were a sore loser after azarenkas match vs bartoli asking for advice on a refund from paddy power and now how ing would get back to you straight away and putting ugh in front of a sentence shows lack of respect now i know why uwere banned !![/quote'] *Shrugs shoulders* :\ Better say sorry before I get banned again I guess. :\ Sorry, sincerely. But if you think having a personality deems having a bad attitude then that's your opinion, I'm just sorry I offended you... somehow? I was just making a laid back, casual, down-to-earth response to the insight homunculus gave me. It wasn't a dig at him, but more at my luck, it didn't mean to suggest I wasn't grateful or anything. I would also like to respectfully add, I made 3 of my own tips 2 days back, 2 of which no one else put forward (they also all won), to say I am relying on other people would be a bit short sighted. (Not arguing with you and I accept your comment and how it may have come across as rude, sorry if so) @ Atko, who is probably reading this and thinking "he is at it again with causing arguments and agro" - I've really tried to be as diplomatic as I can be and certainly haven't meant to come across as having a bad attitude as insinuated by Ka4by.

Re: Tennis - 31 October - 6 November Ferrero vs Bogomolov - Ferrero to win @ 4/7 with YouWin - 3.5 points Bogomolov's a talented player, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he has the game to trouble a player of Ferrero's ability when on song and Ferrero right atm, is "on song"... Although Ferrero you could say was somewhat shakey in moments against Kunitsyn in his last round, he still showed enough skill and class under pressure to warrant me keeping faith with him here. He's been on a good run and there have been few glimpses in the recent months of him back in his prime years. Solid of both the forehand and backhand wings and capable of hitting angled winners in baseline tussles which would trouble most players outside the top 4. One thing Ferrero hasn't lost since his younger days has been his "clutch game" he still produces the big serves (1st and 2nd) and forehands when it most matters. Bogomolov came through against F, Lopez who I've heard practically beat himself with a stupid low serve percentage and rather a lot of errors. He's also going to be the less fresh out of the two, after having played, you could say, quite a fair share of tennis over the last couple of weeks. Ferrero fed of the Spanish crowd last match and I expect much of the same from him this time too, he is generally a man that becomes inspired by the big occasion. I expect a tight match but the eventual outcome to be in favour in that of the Spaniards. The (-2.5) game handicap is also available at 10/11 with Bet365... however I am much more comfortable with just the win, especially considering the stubborn resistance Bogomolov can be at times. Ferrer vs Davydenko - Ferrer to win (2-0) @ 4/5 with Paddy Power - 4.5 Points This really does crack me up, Davydenko is not even 1/4 of the player he once was and the bookmakers are still wary of him troubling Mr Hustle? I feel this is more about the name than anything. Ferrer is consistently good all season round, but he has been especially good for the past couple of weeks. He never takes his foot of the pedal and capitalizes on slackness/carelessness. Slackness/carelessness is what Davydenko has in abundance right now, well he has done for the past 3 years, I mean let's be honest! Ferrer will draw Davydenko into mistake after mistake, just way too consistent and savy on court for Davydenko's liking. Davy's game is what Ferrer thrives on, there's nothing special in the arsenal and to beat Ferrer you need a strength. Handicaps not available yet as the match is on Friday, so leaping on the set market for now, this price will inevitably come in. Del Potro vs Anderson - Over 21.5 games in match - @ 4/5 with Bet365 - 4.5 Points Kidding right? The bookies still won't respect big Kevin! Despite their last match, only a week ago going to 3 sets the bookies are still comfortable setting the total this low? :\ Thier loss I guess. Whether or not Del Potro does this in straight sets is another debate, he may well need 3, but you would expect atleast one breaker even if he doesn't! 7-6, 6-4 (Or visa versa) 7-5, 6-4 (Or visa versa) or even 7-6, 6-3 (Or visa versa) would do it! Too good to pass up, Anderson's in the form of his life, serving remarkably and on a high.

Seems as if the Florian Mayer vs Rafael Nadal turned up. Had a feeling this would happen' date=' just going to go with my gut instinct from now on when it comes to these 50/50 matches, rather than relying on one player to be a headcase.[/quote'] :lol Oh dear God. You're right, instinct is the way to go. Ljubo broke in the second game as well, and then just collapsed.