BBOTD 7th of October

Arabian Spirit - York 3:05 Has won over the trip twice and is ultra consistent although does not win as many races as it should. Ran a nice race last time out at Newmarket when 4th to Indian Jack. Anytime Tony Hamilton has ridden the horse it has finished 3rd, from two rides. Fahey has 4 in the race and of the 4 i like this one the most. Will be there or thereabout at the finish as it is very consistent, im hoping it has that final burst to finish out the race and at this price i think its worth a go. WIN @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 15:05 York Posted this last time for RIGGINS.

15:50 Newmarket Likely that I'll post a couple more up for this race later but little short of time at present and don't want to miss the price with RIGGINS who I still think is well-handicapped off his current mark of 98 and now getting ideal conditions for only the second time this season, he should run a big race. Very lightly-raced for his age due to injury, he's had a quiet season after a very decent 2010 which included a 3rd in a competitive CD handicap after a year off, 2nd in the Royal Hunt Cup off a mark of 100, a cracking effort in a Goodwood Group 2 over 7f and then a win in a Listed contest at Kempton. He hasn't been the same since but it's possible that the trip to Dubai really took it out of him (trainer has stated that he hated the experience). Alongside this, three of the four efforts have been on softer ground which he's never shown his best form on and never really looked happy on it. That being said, he put up a good effort when set an impossible task in the Celebration Mile at Goodwood, sticking about for a lot longer than the figures suggested he would. Penultimate effort at York suggested he was coming back to something like his best too (not knocked about and not a clear run, soft ground too). He should make his presence felt off a mark of 98 with conditions to suit. Ed Walker stated that he didn't like to be crowded which is an obvious negative in a big-field like this, but the plan will likely be to keep him out of trouble and George Baker is canny enough to do so. I think he's up to running up to a mark of about 104ish when conditions are right, and although such a performance might not be enough to see him win in such a competitive race. A price of 28/1 with 5 places paid is too big. Another concern would be that horses aren't really making that much ground from the back generally, the bias might be different tomorrow though and I'll take my chances.
That Newmarket effort is best ignored, especially as he was stuck behind a wall of horses throughout and was blocked in his effort/hampered on about four occasions. Has been dropped 1lb since that effort and I still think he's 7-8lbs well-in. Although this is a decent looking handicap, I've always thought Riggins has a touch of class about him and as long as this shower they're forecasting at York doesn't get into the ground and it remains on the quick side, he's definitely overpriced at 12/1. RIGGINS; Win @ 12/1 Ladbrokes (bog)

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 14:30 York Treasury Devil Win (6,00) Boylesports The 3 year old Colt, got a decent start to his career. He won both his starts at class 3 and 4 races but was since then racing in higher classes. He is now back in class 3 where he properly will pose a greater threat to the competitors. Treasury Devil over all form. 1-1-9-4-3. The jockey William Buick was the rider in all of Treasury Devils races and they are looking to improve their recent form and get back to winning ways. The

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 2:00 York - Verbeeck Fallon seems like a man on a mission to take the title right to the wire after recent efforts and this engagement caught my eye. He's 2 in 6 for McCabe, who is showing 2 in 7 for 2yo's at York over the past 5 seasons, with no winners coming from other age categories. Only moved to the owner at the start of the month, who has never had a runner at the track. Fallon has the joint highest win rate of 22% with 2yo's for the race, as does McCabe (29%), so the price looks irresistable. 22/1 - skybet WIN

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 3.05 York Snow Bay - best when allowed to dominate on fast ground. Has been taken on for lead and often encountered slower ground than ideal on recent starts. Now given a chance by handicapper and back on good to firm, big run could be on the cards if Nicholls times the fractions right. Well drawn too. 20/1 Boylesports, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 2:00 York - On The Hoof - e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365 - 4 places) Mick Easterby and useful 3lb claimer Declan Cannon team up in this 6f Nursery and On The Hoof looks like a lively contender. The drop back to 6f should be ideal if he can just go the likely fast early pace and today's quicker ground is something I think he's crying out for, although it's a step into the unknown. He's a nicely handicapped horse off a mark of 69 after his jockeys claim is taken into account and he has run a very good race over C&D in a similarly competitive large-field handicap before (just beaten 2l when racing on wrong part of track). If all falls into place at the right time, this speedily bred colt could cause a bit of an upset. Hopefully he will.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 2.00 York Radio Gaga ran very green and met tons of trouble lto but still won going away. That experience is bound to have helped and she should come on a ton for it. That form has worked out very well with four horses she beat winning since and she looks to have got off very lightly for it. 1 Pt win 11/4 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 7th of October Y3.05 Snow Bay 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Bet365 Apologies to Fin, but I fancy this one as well today. If Dandy has been lining up this race, (ie by ensuring that the horse runs off a lower handicap mark than its true ability), then it could bounce back to form off a very reasonable mark. The horses last decent run was arguably over c&d when going down by a neck with Barren Brook back in 3rd. Snow Bay races on much better terms with BB today and yet BB is half the price. Dandy has also been in decent form of late with lots of horses running well and I'm hoping this one has been targeted for the race.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October Carlisle 4.30 Baseball Ted win - 4/1 Bet365 Lads Baseball Ted went from strength to strength for Charlie Longsdon last season and should continue to improve, but the only downside of this now is that all his horses are getting backed. Still at 4/1 I think he is worth a bet, because I'm struggling to see any strength in depth in this contest.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 355 Carlisle Flinty Bay 1pt (4/1Skybet) Really liked this one when novice hurdling last season, was placed behibd some useful types before ending the season with two wins in lesser company. This start over fences doesnt look too taxing and the stable have done ok with the few runners they have ran so far this season. 4/1 looks a point too big with skybet.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 1:50 Newton Abbot - Timesawastin - Back Looked a nice type when winning 2 starts ago and was set to confirm that promise when 12 lengths clear and still hard on the bridle when falling 2 out lto. He looks really useful and can make up for that hiccup lto by getting back to sinning ways here. The opposition looks relatively weak here and a clean round of jumping should make him really hard to best here 1pt win @ 1/2 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD 7th of October N/R Sole ride today at York for jockey A.Culhane and he gets the leg up on trainer M.Channon's unraced 2yr old filly. Owned by Mr M Al-Qatami & Mr K M Al-Mudhaf so she could be anything, i'll take a guess that she's a little bit tasty today over the min trip. She does have an entry on 9th Oct ''Sunday'' at Goodwood over 6f. If she does not get the win today am happy to stay loyal and put her back up on BBOTD again on Sunday. York 3:40 - Muaamara - 0.5 e/w bet at 6/1 Corals & Hills

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 5.20 York Alashil win @ 20/1 Stan James Won a similar event two runs ago over todays course and distance. Seems to have ideal conditions again today and gets on well with jockey Rogers. Not likely to get things is own way up front but I expect another strong front running performance and his C&D win may just give him the edge.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October

5.20 York Alashil win @ 20/1 Stan James Won a similar event two runs ago over todays course and distance. Seems to have ideal conditions again today and gets on well with jockey Rogers. Not likely to get things is own way up front but I expect another strong front running performance and his C&D win may just give him the edge.
Should be Alsahil DOH!!!

Snow Bay 14/1 ew York 3.05 used to win grade 2, miler races, this is his distance think hes been generously weighted and this jockey rides the best of his dads horses. :hope
You have to post your selection at least 10 minutes before the race. Snow Bay void mate! And not only that you also just pinched a price, the best price on Snow Bay is 10/1..

230 at york le drakkar 1pt win ex south african group winner and placed at meydan makes his godolphin debut
Corky, welcome to the competition, we need reasoning with at least 20 words with every bet, excluding horse name, time etc.. Everyone gets one free bet without penalty, will need more in future mate:ok

Re: BBOTD 7th of October I'm not going to make any comments about today's selections as the racing was tough and I couldn't find a bet so congratulations to those who did spend the time trying to dig them out. It's not easy at this time of years. I will put myself on the line however for tomorrow. York 4-05 SIRIUS PROSPECT has a very good chance of winning this. He is potentially a Pattern class performer according to my time and performance ratings and ran to a 106 latest (Official Rating 101). He is currently 10/1 on Betfair. I'm not too sure whether the draw will have much bias but I don't think so. This Horse starts very slowly usually but with the expected fast pace and hopefully opening gaps he'll produce his finishing kick and get there.

I'm not going to make any comments about today's selections as the racing was tough and I couldn't find a bet so congratulations to those who did spend the time trying to dig them out. It's not easy at this time of years. I will put myself on the line however for tomorrow. York 4-05 SIRIUS PROSPECT has a very good chance of winning this. He is potentially a Pattern class performer according to my time and performance ratings and ran to a 106 latest (Official Rating 101). He is currently 10/1 on Betfair. I'm not too sure whether the draw will have much bias but I don't think so. This Horse starts very slowly usually but with the expected fast pace and hopefully opening gaps he'll produce his finishing kick and get there.
This needs to go in the daily thread for Saturdays racing, start a thread if you want:ok

Re: BBOTD 7th of October WOODEN KING 7.15 Wolverhampton. 0.5 points each way. Dropped a pound, which always helps, and should appreciate this switch back to the aw and going back up in trip. Is proven on this surface and is consistent, so the current odds are quite generous. 12/1 Victor Chandler BOG.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 9.15 Wolverhampton - 1pt win Mill Mick @ 16/1 (BlueSQ) This trip might be about right seen as he hasn't been fully getting home over 10f on softish ground. This distance of between 9 and 10f with the conditions not too testing might prove ideal. He's run well and is still relatively unexposed. He's related to an all-weather winner and should get his head in front sooner rather than later as he travels well through his races.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 9.15 Wolverhampton - Hill Tribe - 18/1 Bluesquare Not much pace on here and with Hill Tribe drawn fairly low and her best efforts being when making the running she could go close at a big price. Still on a workable mark and goes well round here. Dont have much faith in the jock on board but i'd like to think he'd get her out and up there with the pace, hopefully gaining a soft lead. Monster Munchie the main danger.

Re: BBOTD 7th of October 8.15 Wolves - Flurry of Hands ew at sp Didnt seem to act on soft ground lto and makes its aw debut tonight under the handling of SDS. All its prev good form was on gd / frm ground and won a 4 runner nursery two starts back off only 2lbs lower Silvestre 2/6 on yards 2yos with a further place so looks interesting that hes booked tonight