Sunday 25 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Chievo v Genoa (11:30 BST) 2.72 3.25 3.1 99.79 %
maximize.gif Atalanta v Novara (14:00 BST) 1.84 3.4 5.1 103.37 %
maximize.gif Cagliari v Udinese (14:00 BST) 2.63 3.3 3 101.66 %
maximize.gif Catania v Juventus (14:00 BST) 4.4 3.45 2.07 100.02 %
maximize.gif Lazio v Palermo (14:00 BST) 1.9 3.7 4.7 100.68 %
maximize.gif Siena v Lecce (14:00 BST) 2.1 3.45 4.33 99.68 %
maximize.gif Parma v AS Roma (19:45 BST) 3.25 3.3 2.45 101.89 %

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Bologna - Inter OK, I know Inter were shit so far, but thankfully for Italian football, mental patient Gasperini is now gone and can now be available for another similar personality (talking about Palermo president, who i gave few more rounds to change coach again). So, Inter will now play with 4 man backline, no more Nagatomo on LW postition and Zanetti in similar role, Sneijder in trequartista and that mean only danger. Sure, Inter have still lots of players out, but after that nut went away, morale should not be questioned, all in all, Inter has excellent team, they only miss on explosive striker, Zarate is selfish bas...rd and can not see him accepted in team... Bologna are still in defender crisis, Antonsson played okay game against Juventus, but Gillet (GK) is out - very probable, also Diamanti - that means far less creativity...while also plethra of other players will sit out this game. To conclude, odds on Inter are good, maybe not value, but fair. In other situation, fe, if Ranieri were Inter coach for 5 weeks, hcp would be -0.75 at least. I do not like him, but he is the best that Inter could take in this situation and i believe it is time for big club to take first win of the season and take tension off. Inter -0.5 @ 1.98 sbobet

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Milan - Cesena Milan did play ok game against Udinese, but now this is way too much. I wont name all of them, but 6 first team players out, whole regular attack..Cassano fatigued, Van Bommel and Seedorf as too old players in midfield to play three in a row. I can see Milan winning this game, but they will have to work hard for it. Cesena made things easy last season when they played counter attack football and this is the game they can exploit the fact that Milan will be very vulnerable in midfield - and with anotonini out they will miss a player who will go forward regularly - Zambrotta might do that for 30 minutes, while also Aquilani is not suitable replacement for Pirlo. It is a big test for small Cesena, but fact they are given this hcp, it is surely a bet not to be missed. Cesena +1.5 @ 1.78 sbobet

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Parma - AS Roma Implementation of Barca stlye football is not working, the only thing that is visible from it is plenty of useless possesion and defence that is leaking when opponent plays two quick passes and spreads it. Enrique will need to adopt his style if he is to get anything from Roma team, which by now is visible from air, do not posses players that can play in this system. Totti bad, Pjanic invisible, Borrielo and Osvaldo not suitable for wide attckers, Borini fighter but bad passer..the only three from Roma that are worth mentioning are De Rossi who is playing sort of CD/DM role under LE, Kjaer who is rock at the back and Angel who is showin signs thathe can be real asset. But all player that i mentioned are defensive players and in attack, problems begin. Loads of possesion and useless passes, but Roma do not have one player who can dribble and make chances, that fact is undermining LE tactics. I can not see LE changing his ideas for this game, where Parma has Giovinco back and very solid squad overall. Parma +0.25 @ 1.82 sbobet

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Lazio - Palermo I am again on Lazio over, not value bet, but fair price. Both teams have capability to score goal, both team tactics is made to do that and both teams are not the best when it comes to defence. lazio also misses 3 defenders for match, Palermo as written some time ago, lost whole CD in transfer window, so basically straightforward bet here. over 2.5 @ 1.91 sbobet

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Siena - Lecce Relegation battle. I saw Siena yesterday, and they are utterly defensive oriented team, very organised at back but not much to say about them when going forward. I believe Lecce has superior team to Siena, with some solid individuals and even though they are winless, they are not playing badly, they lack some luck to smile on them. Odds for Lecce to get at least a draw are very good, as in no logical explanation can be Siena made over 50% favourites in this matchup, i even think Lecce has what it takes to win this game, so odds as said value and only Grosmuller out for Lecce due to ban, otherwise, teams are complete. Lecce +0.5 @ 1.95 sbobet

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Cagliari - Udinese And the last bet from Serie A this weekend, already too much "likes" this round is another solid lookig odds for Udinese. Both teams are very solid, but Udinese are in mementum, played a tough game against Milan where they got a draw, Cagliari played a Sicilian derby, which is usualy even more exhausting game for them. Cagliari also a bit of surprise so far, but still i am not convinced by their game, better said, not convinced that they could do damage to Udinese, who i thought would be in a crisis after they sold three key players, but again, they managed to find right solutions for smallish money. Danilo, Torje both impressed since they joined Udinese. I wont go into long writeups, i believe bookies are wrong here and Udinese with depth and quality are superior to Cagliari (they also lost Marchetti and Lazzari this transfer window) and the sheer statistic maybe a factor not to bet on Udine, but reality and how teams perfomed is purely on side of Udinese Udinese +0.25 @ 1.80 sbobet

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September My initial thought is that there is not much value around this weekend. I can't really see anything worthwhile in Inter. I'd say the price is about right but with Sneijder 'doubtful' I can't go in. I probably wouldn't anyway, but if he is missing then the price is totally devoid of value IMO. He may well make it though. Cesena on the exact same line was close to being one of my bets as Milan are there for the taking. Old players in key areas who are racking up matches. Azzurini covers everything worth mentioning but Cesena really were shite against Catania and that has put me right off from backing them. I can't disagree with the pick, but that performance is holding me back. Both of my bets are covered by Azzurini, but I'll offer my thoughts as well. Lazio vs. Palermo I haven't got much to add to the pick in all honesty. Lazio are looking a little haggard of late. They've had a lot of matches recently and they depend heavily on few players. Hernanes is pivotal to their game and he hasn't looked on it recently - perhaps in need of a rest. Defensively they are missing Radu and Biava who are both key. Lulic and Stakevicius both look trash IMO. This has quite an impact defensively, and Lazio haven't looked the same in that respect. I can't deny that Klose and Cisse have had a real impact. I am still skeptical, but it seems as though they'll both do a job for this season. Palermo were involved in yet another goal fest, beating Cagliari 3-2 having been 3-0 up. They are always great to watch because they are incapable of defending and have a lovely recklessness about them. Once more Hernandez is failing to live up to hype so may be dropped for Pinilla. Illicic looks lost so he may also be dropped for Bertolo. They are very direct and only know how to play one way. They cannot hold possession and close matches out. They also have calamity in their DNA so a howler from somebody is never a surprise. This match seems to have a strong 'over' feeling in it. Lazio haven't been the same D wise and I think they are a little short in light of that. They could also have some weary legs in that team in the second-half. Over 2.5 goals - 1.926 - 6 points - Pinnacle Palermo win - 4.860 - 1 point - Pinnacle Cagliari vs. Udinese I see this as a close match-up. Cagliari are a pretty tough team to get past. They were sloppy against Palermo but that is quite out of character. They are a solid but unspectacular side with Cossu being absolutely crucial to their game. He has decent support from midfield and decent options ahead of him - nothing more. They have everyone available for this match and will be pretty hopeful of a result I think. I see this as a pretty big game for Udinese. They have started well but they were far from their usual selves against Milan. Had they performed as usual then they would have beaten Milan but their counter game did not have as much snap as usual. It could be a case of tired legs as their schedule is already mounting up. They rely heavily on physical attributes which will of course be affected most by fatigue. Wednesday to Sunday is not that bad, but it is something I will be looking out for regarding future matches. Nothing to report squad wise. All the important players are there. Isla should move back out to RM with Badu coming into CM. Torje and Di Natale are a tricky partnership with lots of movement right the way across the pitch. The line doesn't scream value, but I'm happy to take them on a positive 'cap, though it wont be an easy match. Udinese +0.25 - 1.800 - 3 points - Bet365

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Unders in Parma-Roma is really interesting me. It has potential to be one of the most boring matches in history. Parma are a cautious side anyway with little invention. They have Gio back, but he is all of their creativity. An off-day and it's over. Roma are so clueless around the opposition area it is a joke. Even if the full-backs get within crossing range they pass inside or backwards. They are under instruction that crossing is not part of the new ethos - even if you have Borriello and Osvaldo screaming in the area. There's so few players settled in the system it is a joke. The sum of their game is pass until they get within 30m of the opposition goal and then they hit the wall and can do nothing. Defensively they would worry me, but Parma are disgustingly poor going forward. In all fairness, the 1.80 widely available is a good price I think.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September One for Saturday; Bologna vs Inter - Inter to win 2.0 at Coral (4/10 units) I feel Inters current predicament is down to Gasparini's tactics only and not any other ingrained problems with the squad. So with Gasparini now gone, I expect Ranieri will at least in the short term revert back to a formation that will suit the players he's got and one which they are use to. A core of this team has played together for many years now so get them back to something they know and will instantly look a strong team again, strong enough to beat this Bologna side. Bologna will struggle this year if the start of this season and end of last season is anything to go by, having now not won in 13 Serie A games. With Di Vaio not scoring in 10 games now, Diamanti out injured and Acquafresca still settling in can't see where goals are going to come from in this match. This should allow Inter to focus on attacking and even though there are without Sneider, they should have enough of the ball to create a few opportunities to score and I think converting just one of these will be enough. :hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September I don't think Inter will win tomorrow. Yes, they changed manager, Ranieri is much better than Gasperini, but look at the line up. Sneijder is out, he will be probably replaced by Coutinho (mmmh...). Muntari will be in the starting eleven, and we know Sulley is not a football player at the moment. Furthermore, the defensive department is out of condition (remember Novara...?). Bologna has good offensive players (Di Vaio, Diamanti, Ramirez). I think the first Inter three points have to wait. Pick: Bologna-Inter 1X @1,8 stake 3/10 betfair

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September One more from me AC Milan vs Cesena – under 2.5 goals 2.10 at Ladbrokes (2.5/10 units) Milan are looking so toothless in attack at the moment and are now without Pato as well, so as long as they can keep their discipline in defence Cesena should be able to keep this match tight. Despite not picking up many points I think Cesena have played ok in the first three games. An early lapse in concentration against Napoli was disappointing, but they pegged them back quickly and it wasn’t until Benalouane was sent off that Napoli were able to get the winning goals. It was a poor game against Catania on the second weekend, neither side covered themselves in glory but its worth noting that Catania’s only goal in that game came from the penalty spot. Again against Lazio midweek, they were more than equals for the first half and another penalty conceded gave Lazio the chance to get back in the game. As long as they don’t give Milan anything silly like in their previous games Milan may toil to get goals. At the moment Milans best area is defence so can’t see Cesena being able to trouble them too much. Mutu still has great quality but not much support around him and an experienced back four should be able to handle that. :hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Cagliari-Udinese =over (1.95) bet365 Cagliari position 7° points 6 Udinese position 3° points 7 Preview: Cagliari: unavailable: El Kabir Udinese: unavailable: Ferronetti, Coda, Floro Flores, Pasquale, Barreto, Abdi. Cagliari has a score of w2-d0-l1 goals scored 6 goals against 5 Udinese and has a score of w2-d1-l0 goals scored 5 goals against 1. Both teams are in good shape has two victories in the first three meetings. The first three meetings in Cagliari registered three overs. The Sardinians have been meeting at the first defeat of the season in Palermo. Udinese continues to amaze at the top of the standings, just missed the shot at the San Siro. The two teams are the prerogative of the offensive game, Udinese is known for great skill in the counterattack. So I think this game is full of actions to goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September CATANIA-JUVENTUS CATANIA(4-3-3): Andujar; Potenza, Bellusci, Spolli, Alvarez; Sciacca, Lodi, Ricchiuti; Gomez, Maxi Lopez, Lanzafame. A disp: Kosicky, Marchese, Capuano, Ledesma, Delvecchio, Suazo, Catellani. All. Montella JUVENTUS (4-2-4): Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Pirlo, Marchisio; Elia, Quagliarella, Matri, Pepe. A disp: Storari, Bonucci, Vidal, Grosso, Giaccherini, Krasic, Del Piero. All. Conte Quagliarella returns to the field after the injury with desire for revenge and regain a place in the team, probably the owner with him Elijah. Juve good in previous games against Bologna and equal in 10 men. I think that Juve will have a good race in Catania. Catania's team is now seen very little Juventus 0-0,5 @1,78 IBCBET :drums

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September

One for Saturday; Bologna vs Inter - Inter to win 2.0 at Coral (4/10 units) :ok AC Milan vs Cesena – under 2.5 goals 2.10 at Ladbrokes (2.5/10 units) :ok
2/2 today, very happy with that and +6.75 units profit. Well done to azzurini1976 as well who had similar bets this evening.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September I don't think Cagliari-Udinese will be an over tomorrow. The first three matches of Udinese had been unders. I like Juventus at @1,91, they have long bench and I think it means a lot. Catania is nothing for now, just one goal (on penalty). If I have to pick an over, that will be in Lazio-Palermo at @1,85. Good forwards on both sides, bad defensive departments (especially Palermo). All the others are NO BET for me. But in the evening, I really really like under for Parma-Roma @1,80. I'll give it 7/10 of stake. Roma really can't score more than one goal, they play, play but few attempts. Parma is a defensive team, Giovinco only can score, but I see a 0-0 in this match. However, Under 2,5 is the best thing for me. And what about Under 1,5 @3,30? Not too bad...

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Catania - Juventus: Juventus @ 2.05 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 Juventus has an improved roster this season and has started the season soundly with a 2-1-0 record including an away win against Siena (0-1). Catania started the season with a 1-1-1 record but seem limited in offense having scored only one goal of a penalty in the match they won against Cesena with a score of 1-0. Last season Juventus won this fixture 1-3. The odds are acceptable for Juventus' win. Chievo - Genoa: Draw @ 3.20 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Chievo started the season with a 1-1-1 record and has arguably been unlucky in its results. The hosts drew against Novara (2-2) with a Novara goal in the 86' after Chievo went down a man in the second half. At Parma they lost (2-1) with a goal in the 90'. Chievo is coming off a 1-0 win, at home, against Napoli so confidence should be good. Genoa has started the season well and has a 2-1-0 record and will look to stay undefeated. Genoa is coming off a convincing 3-0 win against Catania. I expect an unders result which increases the chances of the draw. Last season this fixture ended in a 0-0 draw. A point should satisfy both sides at this stage of the season.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Italian Soccer 2011-2012 3W-0L-0P +3.00 units (100.00%) Cagliari pick -133 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Just see this being a let down game for Udinese after playing 2 huge games in the last week against Fiorentina and then Milan and coming out on the good side. Cagliari playing better then expected so far this season, while I think Udinese might be playing a little over there head. Time to come back to reality.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Catania vs Juventus Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: Catania: Andujar, Alvarez, Bellusci, Spolli, Capuano, Sciacca, Lodi, Ricchiuti, Gomez, Maxi Lopez, Lanzafame Juventus: Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie, Krasic, Marchisio, Pirlo, Elia, Matri, Quagliarella Catania have one victory, one draw and one defeat in the first three rounds. But it is important to be mentioned Ctania good home form. They didn't receive a single goal for 180 minutes and we must respect that fact. Catania played 0:0 against Siena and won 1:0 against Cesena. For this match coach Vincenzo Montella will be without injured Nicola Legrottaglie and Cristian Llama. On other side Juventus started the season very good. They have two victories and one draw in the first three rounds. Juventus is favorite on this match, but they won't have an easy job. Coach Antonio Conte will be without suspended Mirko Vucinic. It is interesting to be mentioned that the last match between Juventus and Catania ended with draw. Even more because that match was played in Torino on 23.04.2011. So, if Catania was able to stay unbeaten in Torino, I think they can repeat that at Sicily.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Today i'm taking; Cagliari vs Udinese - Udinese DNB 2.1 at bet365 (3/10 units) Udinese still sit top of the league even after last nights matches and this is a good chance for them to consolidate that position. Udinese are an ideal away side to back, they will always play the same way, letting the home have the ball, soaking up the pressure and then looking to spring a counter when the times right. Attacking wise I don't think Cagliari will worry Udinese, they may have scored 6 goals already, but 2 of these came after Palermo had mentally stopped playing on Wednesday and against Roma they were able to capitalise on the Romans having a defender sent off. Udinese have a strong defence as well, so think the home side will have a real struggle to score. Against Milan in midweek Udinese were a bit more restrained going forward but I expect them to be more positive in their counter attacks today and with the speed of their midfield and Di Natalie upfront they should be able to create chances against an average at best Caglairi midfield and defence. :hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Also going to go against the thoughts of a couple of people on here and take Parma vs Roma - over 2.5 goals 2.0 at bet365 (2.5/10 units) First lets consider Parma, who I think have enough attacking ablity with Giovinco ,Crespo and Biabiany (now back from injury I understand) to exploit what are quite big holes in this Roma defence. With the two full backs pushing on, there should be space down the flanks and in the middle Burdisso and Kjaer looked very shaky when put under pressure by Siena in midweek. Even the likes of Briaza and Calaio of Siena were able to always find space against this Roma back line which will be promising to the Parma forwards. For Roma, they should look to take hope from Parma's opening day thrasing by Juve. In that match Juve's passing around midfield was neat and tidy and they were able to get runners from all over the pitch to exploit the Parma defence. This is a part of the philosophy that Luis Enrique is trying to install in the way Roma play and although they haven't had much success with this so far they should gradually get better at doing this. Even now though I still feel that if they can get Pizzaro,Totti or Pjanic on the ball then there will be runners for them to pass to and this will trouble Parma a little. The two full backs have shown they are willing to run at defences and hopefully if he starts with either or both of Borini & Bojan they will always be looking to turn and find space behind the defence. Considering this I think its a good possibility that there will be plenty of opportunities tonight so hopefully 3 of them can be taken. :hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Lazio vs Palermo Home side has a very offensive display and can snatch a win against any team in a good day. Palermo lost a lot of good players in the summer but still are something to offer. Lazio coach wanted to resign, but the board said no. Lazio showed they can rely on their coach and I am absolutely sure that the players will give 100% in this southern derby. home win @ 1.83 with 5Dimes

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Atalanta - Novara
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 25/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.40
Reasoning Atalanta started new season very well draw with Genoa 2-2 in opening round followed by two good win against Lecce 1-2 and Palermo 1-0 that's why this team is farouvite to win today. However Novara also didn't do so bad they are new team but in last round won 3-1 against Inter Millan at home, so this team have quality to play good soccer that's why I think draw will be good to both squads today.

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Lazio - Palermo
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 25/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.67
Reasoning SS Lazio started well they clinched a points in Millano against AC Millan in opening round 2-2 drawn but after that this team lose the one home encounter 1-2 versus Genoa, on Wendesday they defeated last placed Cesena 1-2 on the road, so this team is not in a good fit at home. On the other hand Palermo seems to be hot right now after two home win against Inter 4-3 and Cagliari 3-2, they will want at least a points today I think this will be possible to to that team who hold record 1-1-3 in last five matches at Olimpico. Lazio have very tough draw they are playing Wednesday- Saturday I think we will se some reserve players today so my pick is another draw.

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Cagliari - Udinese
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 25/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.38
Reasoning Udinese are with tieded points for the first place with two win against Fiorentina 2-0 and Lecce 0-2 on the road, last match on Wednesday they drew 1-1 with AC Millan in Millano. Udinese have great striker Di Natale but Cagliari play very well in defense. Cagliari succeeded to defeate Roma in Rome 1-2 in opening round they also won against Novara 2-1 at home we know Novara defeated Inter 3-1, so Cagliari seems to be hot right now. However Udinese are very strong team and draw will be good today.

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Siena - Lecce
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 25/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 3.45
Reasoning Siena started with two draw on the road against Roma, and Catania but at home they lose 0-2 defeated by Juventus so two points in three matches. On the other hand Lecce started with two home loss defeated by Udinese 0-2 and Atalanta 1-2 but on the road they did far better after they won 0-2 in Bologna so three points to that club. It is interesting that Lecce won the last two encounter at this stadium in last two years they hold 4-1-0 record in last two years against this rival so I think they will not lose today.

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Parma - AS Roma
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 25/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.30
Reasoning Two fellows in overall table are playing today, Parma lose very heavy against Juventus 4-1 and Fiorentina 3-0 but both matches on the road while they won 2-1 with Chieva at home so three points. On the other hand AS Roma lose the opening match at home 1-2 with Cagliari big surprise and then drew last two matches 0-0 with Inter on the road and 1-1 with Siena at home I think Roma will not be able to win today but so does Parma so draw.

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Catania - Juventus
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 25/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.31
Reasoning Juventus will be without Vucinic who was booker in red on Wednesday when Juventus drew at home against last placed Bologna 1-1. Juventus seems to have problems now after good start two win of two games. Catania holds record 1-1-1 so far in the new season, they will not give up today, last season they clinched a points at Dele Alpi 1-1 on the road against this rival. Five of last ten encounters between finished draw so this pick has quality.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 24-25 September Parma vs Roma Away side looks shaking in all competition. I am not sure that all the players are supporting Luis Enrique. I think he will end his career at AS Rome after this game. Parma has enough offensive power to put huge problems to Roma and I think they have the first chance in this game. home +0.25 Ah @ 1.82 with Canbet