England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

Mustafa

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

This weeks fixtures show two teams that offer a value in my opinion. Newcastle v Blackburn. Newcastle at 1.91 Ladbrokes Newcastle have started well and although they do not impress upfront they do look solid at the back this season and are sneaking results, they are taking thier chances when they come along. I know blackburn beat Arsenal on the weekend but to be honest Blackburn did not look great and if Arsenal could defend they would of won the came easily. I know obviuosly that we are into a new season but Newcastle took 26 points at home last year and had a goal differene of +14 which is quite impressive and Blackburn took 15 points and had a goal difference of -19. Only slightly worrying trend I have seen is that Blacburn have wont at St James park on thier last 3 visits. Wigan v Spurs. Spurs at Evens Ladbrokes I would agree that Wigan will be happy with thier start to thier season but they have played the 3 teams that have came up and then lost to two teams that were in the division last year and i would agree that they were two tough away fixtures. Spurs on the other hand lost against the two manchester sides and then won thier last two games, at Wolves which is a hard place to go and Liverpool at home but by an impressive scoreline. spurs are starting to get thier players back and do look stronger at the back. Also as mentuioned earlier Spurs had an impressive away record last year and Wigan had the 3rd worst home record only above two relegated sides Blackpool and West Ham. I personally think that Spurs will just have to much for Wigan. The third price that looks appealing to me is WBA v Fulham draw at 3.3 Ladbrokes. WBA dont look the same side that finished last season but they have had tough fixtures at start of the season. I would also say the same about fulham as they havnt looked great at the start of the season but i do expect them to come good under Jol. I expect a draw and under 2.5.
Three out of three correct (3-1, 1-2, 0-0) deserves a mention :clap

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awoken Fulham to not leave the Hawthorns empty handed Its taken 5 games into the season but finally Fulham have sparked to life. Dead and Buried shortly after half time against Man City Fulham looked to be still sitting rock bottom of the EPL with 2 points to their name. But a great strike from Bobby Zamora and a little bit of luck we clawed back to claim a deserved point. If it wasn't for some more away goal keeper heroics we could have even got all 3 points however the one point picked up was as good as a win. Midweek we reshuffled and played our squad players against Chelsea. Taking the game to penalties, Fulham stumbled at the last hurdle to be knocked out. Probably not a disaster result but I feel Jol will be most pleased with the spirited performance resulting in building more momentum towards WBA away on the weekend. In the space of the week I was writing with no confidence about us and wasn't sure what was going to happen with Fulham and when they will finally start to show signs of the team they once have been. From these two games I have been reassured that we have still got it in the locker to be that team again. With no Europa league distractions this week and the majority of the first team players being rested surely Jol will be relishing the chance to get a fresh first team out on the pitch. WBA lost midweek to however they had a few key first team individuals going the whole 120 minutes. As always away from home we are famously known for being poor but I believe winless Fulham have got a foot hold in the season now and will be unprofessional not to capitalize on a very winnable game. WBA haven't started the season strongly. After getting thumped 3-0 by relegation favorites Swansea last week this is a great time for us to be going there. One small factor in the game with the legend Uncle Roy Hodgson in the baggies dug out this time round. He might want to get one up on his old team but its been a while now since Uncle Roy has left and so much has changed, so I don't think this would play a part in the drama. This is a massive game for Jol. If we lose tomorrow I can see the fans seriously jumping on his back. With the way the week has panned out for both teams Fulham are carrying slightly more confidence and momentum into the game. I am going to game and am hoping from what ive seen in the last 2 games we will come away with At least a point. Probably my most confident post so far this season regarding Fulham and I will be very frustrated to be explaining the defeat in next weeks post. We have slowly started to show a bit more of a performance since the Wolves game where we were terrible and signs look good to keep raising the performance and get that first win. Going to keep it simple here Odds are short but Fulham + 0.5 (AH) 1.62 b365 As we are yet to win a game I will be over confident tipping an away win so for better value DRAW @ 3.10 looks better value for you value hunters p.s Ive never seen Fulham lose at the Hawthorns so hopefully this trend continues come 5pm tomorrow. :hope COYW FTID
Good tip :ok According to the BBC report, Fulham were the better side ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14958167.stm

Norwich City vs. Sunderland. Both sides have five points from their opening five games - a decent start for newly promoted Norwich but a poor start for Sunderland. Both sides won their first league game last weekend with Swansea beating Bolton 2-1, and Sunderland thrashing Stoke 4-0. Norwich are a decent side who try to play football, but I really think they will struggle this season. They are not good enough at the back for me, and have given away some stupid goals already. Amazingly, they have also given away a penalty in all five of their Premier League games. I think Sunderland who are a good side who should be finishing in the top half of the table. Sunderland haven't started well but they managed to stick four past Stoke last weekend, and we all know how tough Stoke can be to break down. I think that win will have boosted confidence at the Stadium of Light and Sunderland will push on from that performance with a win against Norwich on Monday night. However, I'm not confident to go for an outright Sunderland win as you never know which Sunderland side will show up. I'm happy to take Sunderland DNB @2.00 which is a great price in my opinion, as I can't see Norwich winning at all. 3 Units - Sunderland DNB @2.00. Paddy Power. :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September QPR v Aston Villa +0.25: 1.975 bet365 Iv'e watched qpr's last 2 games and been very impressed. As iv'e said previously, i do worry about them if they get a couple of injuries to key players but for the time being, they are looking good. That said, I just can't have them at 5/4 against villa. Villa fans haven't immediately taken to mcleish and Villa aren't looking great. But i still think they are more than equal to the r's and I was expecting a +0 handicap here. Rangers are still novices in the prem and think the value is with villa.

(Re. looking at results in previous fixtures) Mustafa, What evidence do you have of this? Re. City v Everton - I think today, the value, if any, was probably with City, City handicap or City clean sheet. I listened the BBC radio commentary, and they said City dominated and didn't really look like conceding. If you'd gone by Everton's previous results at City (I think they'd won their last 4 games there before today) you would have marked it down as value bet of the year on Everton and piled on them at 9.4. I remember thinking about backing Bayern Munich to beat Villarreal in Spain in the Champions League a few weeks ago, as Bayern have been in superb form and the odds were pretty decent. Then I read that Bayern hadn't won a game in Spain for something like 10 years, so I left it - Bayern won 2-0, apparently fairly comfortably. So I'd like to see evidence that previous results of a fixture affect the outcome of a game.
I think when comparing two evenly match teams, previous stats is important, its just that in the man city vs everton, man city is on a whole new level despite what happened last week against fulham, while everton is regressing

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September English Soccer 2011-2012 5W-5L-2P -1.41 units (50.00%) Aston Ville +0.5 -139 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I think this line is off a little bit. QPR just put up 3 against Wolverhampton, but before that they went I believe over 300 minutes without scoring a single goal (including FA Cup). Villa hasn't gotten any wins on the road this year, but they've come away with a point in each one. I trust they will at least get the draw

QPR v Aston Villa +0.25: 1.975 bet365 Iv'e watched qpr's last 2 games and been very impressed. As iv'e said previously, i do worry about them if they get a couple of injuries to key players but for the time being, they are looking good. That said, I just can't have them at 5/4 against villa. Villa fans haven't immediately taken to mcleish and Villa aren't looking great. But i still think they are more than equal to the r's and I was expecting a +0 handicap here. Rangers are still novices in the prem and think the value is with villa.
No value in my eyes as the Villans are missing star strikers Bent and Heskey as well as defenders Clark and Lichaj.Midfielder Jenas is rated as 50/50.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September QPR vs Aston Villa QPR is playing really great recently and are having a boosted morale after the recent results. I think they should use this momentum and get al the points in as many as possible games, especially today. Villa will be without Bent and this is a massive loss. I believe in Warnock, Barton, DJ Campbell and all the others that came recently to the club. They had a perfect integration and I think they will get another win today. I hope that will be this way, they are offering a great football so, I can't like them! home -0.25 AH @ 1.92 with Stan James

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Man City - Everton over 3.5 @ 2.66 :( Arsenal - Bolton over 3.5 @ 2.46 :( Needed another goal Chelsea - Swansea under 2.5 @ 2.63 :( Liverpool -2 (EH) @ 3.60 :( Created enough chances to win this comfortably but then got slack in the second half. Blackburn @ 4.77 :( West Brom - Fulham draw @ 3.29 :D Tottenham -1 (EH) @ 3.40 :( Another game where they created enough to win by more Stoke - Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.06 :D August picks: 22-34 (+5.03) QPR - Aston Villa draw @ 3.38 pinnacle QPR have looked much better with the addition of several new players as they beat Wolves 3-0 on the road. They have 2 wins, a draw and 2 losses so far, with 3 cleans sheets but also 3 times they have not scored. QPR have yet to score in their 2 home games so far, and face a Villa defence that has just 2 clean sheets in their 5 games. They have drawn 4 of their 5 games so far, and with no Bent or Heskey to lead the line, they will have problems breaching a defence that did well in the Championship last year, and has done reasonably well this year. But Villa are also another team that does not allow much with Dunne and Collins there, and Given in goals, and can see this game as being one where the defence dominate. Like both teasm to share the spoils here

Wigan Athletic v Tottenham @ 1.83 Sportsbet :) Every man and his dog are on the Spurs this weekend, and hey I can't blame them. I loved what I saw from them last weekend and expect them to continue the form with growing confidence. Adebayor was class, and perhaps he can be their missing piece of the puzzle and go on to have a huge season. With Modric looking like he is happy again, and VDV to return, how can the price be ignored? I've also taken a small stakes double on Man City & Tottenham @ 2.51 :)Sportsbet Tasty odds for me. Tottenham bet already explained, and as for City, well I won't ramble on too much... but damn they look good this year. They've thumped a number of decent sides and I can't see a reason why they should slip up to Everton. Far too much depth in that squad, plenty of determination from the players, and an abundance of talent of course. Everton haven't had a horrible start to the season and aren't a bad side, but I highly doubt they have enough to keep up with Man City, not many sides can these days.
Happy with the results, good weekend of betting for me.

No value in my eyes as the Villans are missing star strikers Bent and Heskey as well as defenders Clark and Lichaj.Midfielder Jenas is rated as 50/50.
I believe Bent is 50/50 too. Clark and Lichaj wouldn't play anyway, mate. Is Jenas such a miss too? Bent plays, Villa would be my pick. Without, and I'd still probably fancy them to get a draw. Think QPR may be like my team at the start of the season, and do better away from home.

Awoken Fulham to not leave the Hawthorns empty handed Its taken 5 games into the season but finally Fulham have sparked to life. Dead and Buried shortly after half time against Man City Fulham looked to be still sitting rock bottom of the EPL with 2 points to their name. But a great strike from Bobby Zamora and a little bit of luck we clawed back to claim a deserved point. If it wasn't for some more away goal keeper heroics we could have even got all 3 points however the one point picked up was as good as a win. Midweek we reshuffled and played our squad players against Chelsea. Taking the game to penalties, Fulham stumbled at the last hurdle to be knocked out. Probably not a disaster result but I feel Jol will be most pleased with the spirited performance resulting in building more momentum towards WBA away on the weekend. In the space of the week I was writing with no confidence about us and wasn't sure what was going to happen with Fulham and when they will finally start to show signs of the team they once have been. From these two games I have been reassured that we have still got it in the locker to be that team again. With no Europa league distractions this week and the majority of the first team players being rested surely Jol will be relishing the chance to get a fresh first team out on the pitch. WBA lost midweek to however they had a few key first team individuals going the whole 120 minutes. As always away from home we are famously known for being poor but I believe winless Fulham have got a foot hold in the season now and will be unprofessional not to capitalize on a very winnable game. WBA haven't started the season strongly. After getting thumped 3-0 by relegation favorites Swansea last week this is a great time for us to be going there. One small factor in the game with the legend Uncle Roy Hodgson in the baggies dug out this time round. He might want to get one up on his old team but its been a while now since Uncle Roy has left and so much has changed, so I don't think this would play a part in the drama. This is a massive game for Jol. If we lose tomorrow I can see the fans seriously jumping on his back. With the way the week has panned out for both teams Fulham are carrying slightly more confidence and momentum into the game. I am going to game and am hoping from what ive seen in the last 2 games we will come away with At least a point. Probably my most confident post so far this season regarding Fulham and I will be very frustrated to be explaining the defeat in next weeks post. We have slowly started to show a bit more of a performance since the Wolves game where we were terrible and signs look good to keep raising the performance and get that first win. Going to keep it simple here Odds are short but Fulham + 0.5 (AH) 1.62 b365 :cheers As we are yet to win a game I will be over confident tipping an away win so for better value DRAW @ 3.10 looks better value for you value hunters :cheers p.s Ive never seen Fulham lose at the Hawthorns so hopefully this trend continues come 5pm tomorrow. :hope COYW FTID
We dominated huge parts of the game and I think if we had the option of Duff and Zamora available we would have gone on to win the game. I didnt even know they wernt around untill KO ha. To much sideways passing and lacking the cutting edge. I guess this comes from being winless. Anyhow West Brom went through a tiny spell but us not to lose was always looking good. Will post a more in depth report next week. Pleased some of you got on. :cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September We should do a Fulham prematch report together like we did for the Toon game, we have both got some good picks going haha.

We should do a Fulham prematch report together like we did for the Toon game' date=' we have both got some good picks going haha.[/quote'] Wasn't it one of you that said Man City were gonna romp home last week? :lol

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Yes, I did. But still, Dempsey to score and a 1 goal margin in that game, Fulham +0.5 yesterday. Back us on a handicap in big games, back opposition if they are below us.

Unusual for me but I've gone for a high odds treble. The reason being that I have been waiting until the next round of games before getting seriously involved, but I have a few that I fancy this week and would kick myself if they all came off without me putting any money on it. So rather than put normal stakes on each I've just gone for a treble. Maybe not the best reasoning for long-term gambling but it will only be a small stake. Bolton @ 8.5- Bolton have started poorly and their away record under Coyle is abysmal. However, they are still a decent side and have the potential to cause Arsenal trouble; I'm especially thinking of Davies and Klasnic up against Mertesacker and Koschielny. You'd fancy Cahill to put in a good performance against a side who might buy him in January as well and he may be a threat from set pieces against a shaky defence. The main reason for this bet is of course Arsenal's current form, the media attention surrounding it and the probable effect on team morale. At odds as long as these I think it is worth betting against a team who are arguably 'in crisis'. Stoke +1 (AH) @ 1.87- Man Utd have been phenomenal so far but have yet to be tested by a really hard away game. They might continue to steamroller all and sundry but the odds are skinny in my opinion, if you consider their long term away form, and especially their away form last season. Stoke is a very hard place to go and it goes without saying the fans and players will be well up for this. Tiredness should not be too much of an issue with players rotated in midweek. Vidic is still out and you'd fancy Evans to have a problematic game against a physical Stoke side. QPR @ 2.37- I like the look of this QPR side. They have some quality players, Barton and Wright-Phillips have looked stunning and Taarabt looks as though he might prove me wrong and make it in the Premiership. He's certainly come on a lot since his days at WHL. Although it's early to judge QPR, I would say that they look at least equal to Villa in terms of quality. If this is the case, they should be close to evens when playing Villa at home. Comes to 38.5 with Victor Chandler.
Pretty poor, only 1 out of 3, but it was only a 0.2 pt stake. Now that the season is properly underway, back to normal punting (i.e. singles, larger stakes) next weekend.

Norwich City vs. Sunderland. Both sides have five points from their opening five games - a decent start for newly promoted Norwich but a poor start for Sunderland. Both sides won their first league game last weekend with Swansea beating Bolton 2-1, and Sunderland thrashing Stoke 4-0. Norwich are a decent side who try to play football, but I really think they will struggle this season. They are not good enough at the back for me, and have given away some stupid goals already. Amazingly, they have also given away a penalty in all five of their Premier League games. I think Sunderland who are a good side who should be finishing in the top half of the table. Sunderland haven't started well but they managed to stick four past Stoke last weekend, and we all know how tough Stoke can be to break down. I think that win will have boosted confidence at the Stadium of Light and Sunderland will push on from that performance with a win against Norwich on Monday night. However, I'm not confident to go for an outright Sunderland win as you never know which Sunderland side will show up. I'm happy to take Sunderland DNB @2.00 which is a great price in my opinion, as I can't see Norwich winning at all. 3 Units - Sunderland DNB @2.00. Paddy Power. :hope
I'm going with this one as well. 2 units.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September English Soccer 2011-2012 6W-5L-2P -0.41 units (54.54%) Sunderland pick +108 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes No reason to not take Sunderland here. Even though they aren't exactly world beaters, Norwich City just won there first Premier League game last week. I doubt this team can string together 2. I think this is draw probably, but I can see Sunderland putting something together.

Yes' date=' I did. But still, Dempsey to score and a 1 goal margin in that game, Fulham +0.5 yesterday. Back us on a handicap in big games, back opposition if they are below us.[/quote'] Won't be backing many of your opponents for now then :unsure

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Norwich-Sunderland = under (1.80) bet365 Norwich position 14° points 5 Sunderland position 13° points 5 Preview: Norwich: in doubt: Wesley Hoolahan (midfielder 4 / 1); injured: Zak Whitbread (defender 2 / 0), Elliott Ward (defender 0 / 0), Ayala Dani (defender 1 / 0). Sunderland: Suspended: Phil Bardsley (defender 4 / 0); injured: David Meyler (midfielder 0 / 0), Craig Gordon (goalkeeper 0 / 0), Fraizer Campbell (striker 0 / 0). The Norwich has a score of w1-d2-l2 goals scored 5 goals against 7 Sunderland and has a score of w1-d2-l2 goals scored 6 goals against 4. Both teams started the season in disappointment. The two sqaudre got last week the first win of the season the Norwich won away against Bolton with a score of 1-2 and Sunderland won at home against Stoke with a score of 4-0. The background between the two teams are: In the last 6 games with Norwich City that was playing at home, Norwich City has won 3 times, I drew 2 and Sunderland has won 1. In the end I think this is a game with few actions to score a few goals scored seen and suffered by both teams. :hope:hope:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Just wrote out a long analysis of the Norwich Sunderland match and then pressed back and lost it. Error. Anywho, to cut the long story short, I'm avoiding the results market in this one. Two many unknowns, such as whether we can finally NOT concede a penalty, the fact that Holt was benched and this worked out (this, to an outsider may look insignificant, but Holt has been the talisman for Norwich for so long that not playing him is a signal that Lambert is prepared to do literally anything to survive this league), the atmosphere at Carrow Road and the fact that Steve Bruce is an ex-Norwich captain. Oh, and we won away last week for the first time in 30 premier league away matches. I would go for unders here, this match has ended 1-0 to the home side in the last 5 meetings (Norwich twice, Sunderland thrice), and while Bruce lamented the time they thrashed us 4-1 in the cup in 2009 I don't think that really should be taken too much into consideration, given that we haven't given a monkeys about anything other than the league for a long time. However, the odds are total crappola, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this game will end 2-1 to the winning team. The best I can see in this match, therefore is a cheeky little punt on a Red Card being Shown, which is 5-1 at William Hill. All the signs point to this being a good shout - Norwich have conceded 5 penalties in 5, 2 of which resulted in red cards. Sunderland have the Red Card KING in Lee Cattermole, and have been handed a record 15 since 2009/10. If I had to stick my neck out, I personally think this is a Norwich win, but I think so many people have jumped on us that there is limited value available. GL all.

I think the highlighted bit is a little bold, as it's Sunderland not Barcelona, but I do agree that, unfortunately, I think Sunderland will avoid a loss. Like I said yesterday, I felt Villa would avoid defeat, as I get the impression the Hoops and ourselves may be better away from home, at least to begin with. We drew with Stoke, and lost lost to a poor WBA team, giving a very average performance and not making Ben Foster work at all. Away, we deserved a draw at Chelsea, and beat Bolton. There's quite a contrast. Last season as well it was really only our away form that kept us at the top of the league, at least until the latter part of the season. Sunderland have done well away from home, a very good draw at Anfield and a good 0-0 at Swansea. Obviously last weekend they kickstarted their season with the spanking of Stoke. I think a draw is nailed on, but I'd much rather play it safer, and either lay ourselves, or take Sunderland AH +1 @ 1.25 for a big stake. Not sure yet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Norwich City vs Sunderland Both teams were victorious in last game and both of them got those wins as the first one of the season for each of them. Looking to the other games of the Canaries at home, we will see that they were very precautions and also had real problems ins coring goals. Sunderland were also very hard to break down, but also had problems ins coring goals. If no player will be eliminated I think we will have at maximum 2 goals. under 2 goals @ 2.50 with Betsafe

Just wrote out a long analysis of the Norwich Sunderland match and then pressed back and lost it. Error. Anywho, to cut the long story short, I'm avoiding the results market in this one. Two many unknowns, such as whether we can finally NOT concede a penalty, the fact that Holt was benched and this worked out (this, to an outsider may look insignificant, but Holt has been the talisman for Norwich for so long that not playing him is a signal that Lambert is prepared to do literally anything to survive this league), the atmosphere at Carrow Road and the fact that Steve Bruce is an ex-Norwich captain. Oh, and we won away last week for the first time in 30 premier league away matches. I would go for unders here, this match has ended 1-0 to the home side in the last 5 meetings (Norwich twice, Sunderland thrice), and while Bruce lamented the time they thrashed us 4-1 in the cup in 2009 I don't think that really should be taken too much into consideration, given that we haven't given a monkeys about anything other than the league for a long time. However, the odds are total crappola, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this game will end 2-1 to the winning team. The best I can see in this match, therefore is a cheeky little punt on a Red Card being Shown, which is 5-1 at William Hill. All the signs point to this being a good shout - Norwich have conceded 5 penalties in 5, 2 of which resulted in red cards. Sunderland have the Red Card KING in Lee Cattermole, and have been handed a record 15 since 2009/10. If I had to stick my neck out, I personally think this is a Norwich win, but I think so many people have jumped on us that there is limited value available. GL all.
You think it'll end 2-1 but would go for the unders? :unsure I'm on the over 2.5 goals @ 1.91, decent odds for an attacking direct home team versus a vulnerable away team with a goal threat.

You think it'll end 2-1 but would go for the unders? :unsure I'm on the over 2.5 goals @ 1.91, decent odds for an attacking direct home team versus a vulnerable away team with a goal threat.
Yes, possibly not my best use of words. I mean I would have gone for unders if there was value available in that market, but I haven't found any. This is due to the history of tight matches between the teams, the fact that Lambert will really want the team to focus on the basics (ie not conceding a penalty, not getting someone sent off) and the fact that we have not been prolific scoring so far. My 2-1 hunch is just that, a hunch, and is not something I would back, but nor is it something that makes me want to take poor odds on under 2.5.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Hi Chaps, This is my first post on Punters Lounge after reading threads on the forum with great interest for some time. My method of selecting bets is mainly based on rating teams in each division into 3 categories (ABC) and looking at the form that each team has had against this type of opposition over the last 2 or 3 seasons. For example I have tonight's game as Norwich C against Sunderland B. I keep spreadsheets to track: FT results, HT results, goals, corners and bookings. Norwich v Sunderland With Norwich being newly promoted the only relevant game for them was at home to Stoke which they drew 1-1. Sunderland have played away to C graded teams 16 times with the only game this season, the 0-0 draw with Swansea. The overall record is 7 home, 5 draws, 5 away. Games have tended to be tight with 11 unders and 6 overs with few goals scored particularly in the first half. When Sunderland have won they have also been leading at HT on all 5 occasions. Recommended bets: Under 2.5 goals 3pts Betfair current odds 1.85 0-0 HT 1pt Betfair current odds 2.96 0-1 HT 0.5pt Betfair current odds 6.00 Away HT/FT 0.5pt Betfair current odds 6.00