** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

Mustafa

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

My only thought is that when a bookie puts up a bet in flashing lights' date=' they are happy to lay it. That should say it all.[/quote'] I see where you're coming from, but I am happy enough to back it. Will go with minimum stake though. Liverpool will want to bounce back with a win after their poor showing at White Hart Lane last week. I don't think Liverpool will have any problems here against a Wolves side who started well, but are now slipping back to their rightful position. Man City have also started the season in magnificent form. They are almost a different team this year as they set-out to attack and score goals, unlike last season where Mancini had them set-up more defensively. City will be very disappointed that they let a two goal lead slip last week against Fulham, and I can see them bouncing back with a win tomorrow. Everton won't be any push-overs, but I think City will edge it by a goal. Man United are playing unbelievably well at the moment, with Rooney, Young, and Nani in great form. I like Stoke and I like how they play, but I really can't see them stopping United tomorrow. The Brittania is a tough place to go, and I think Stoke will make it difficult for United, but their quality should shine through in the end. I gave my thoughts on Tottenham in my first post. 1 Unit - Liverpool, Man City, Man United, and Tottenham to win. Paddy Power :hope

I see where you're coming from, but I am happy enough to back it. Will go with minimum stake though. Liverpool will want to bounce back with a win after their poor showing at White Hart Lane last week. I don't think Liverpool will have any problems here against a Wolves side who started well, but are now slipping back to their rightful position. Man City have also started the season in magnificent form. They are almost a different team this year as they set-out to attack and score goals, unlike last season where Mancini had them set-up more defensively. City will be very disappointed that they let a two goal lead slip last week against Fulham, and I can see them bouncing back with a win tomorrow. Everton won't be any push-overs, but I think City will edge it by a goal. Man United are playing unbelievably well at the moment, with Rooney, Young, and Nani in great form. I like Stoke and I like how they play, but I really can't see them stopping United tomorrow. The Brittania is a tough place to go, and I think Stoke will make it difficult for United, but their quality should shine through in the end. I gave my thoughts on Tottenham in my first post. 1 Unit - Liverpool, Man City, Man United, and Tottenham to win. Paddy Power :hope
Yeah think it has a chance, and think you have called each game fairly well. Best of luck with it :ok

Blackburn have won their last 6 games at St James Park. Confidence will be high after beating Arsenal and Geordies struggling to score goals. 3/1 for Blackburn is very tempting
H2H can be strange, but what does it mean for tomorrows match? I think it´s already included in the bookies estimations...by the way, since 1898 Newcastle won 30 PL matches at home vs Blackburn, 7 Draws, 14 defeats...odds around 1,87 for homewin seem to be almost ok... Newcastle seem to have a strong defense (only 2 goals conceded)...Blackburn without a clean sheet so far...and before the Arsenal game they were low scorers as well...but I agree that a win might boost Blackburns confidence... No Bet for me (last season Newcastle were quite unpredictable, so I put them on my black list).

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Third and final bet for tomorrow. Chelsea vs. Swansea. While there is no value here in the 1X2 market, I have a found a bet at a decent price which I am willing to take: Chelsea to win to nil. I was looking at a Chelsea clean sheet @1.72, but I think Chelsea will definitely win tomorrow, so I am quite happy to take Chelsea to win to nil @1.90. Chelsea have made a decent start to the season under new manager Andre Villas Boas. Chelsea have picked up ten points from a possible fifteen. Last weekend, Chelsea lost 3-1 against Man United but they didn't play particularly badly. I was quite happy with what I saw from them, and had Torres scored the open goal, who knows what could have happened. Chelsea have only managed to keep one clean sheet so far in the league, a 0-0 opening day draw against Stoke City. However, I do not think Swansea will score tomorrow. Despite winning 3-0 last weekend against a poor West Brom side, Swansea are a team who struggle for goals. They failed to score in their first four Premier League matches, and I can't see them breaking down Chelsea's defence tomorrow. 1 Unit - Chelsea to win to nil @1.90. Paddy Power. :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Just the one Premier League bet for today. Newcastle vs Blackburn - Blackburn +0.5AH 2.05 at Bet365 (3/10 units) No reason why Blackburn can't draw or sneak a win here. Their last three results have been very positive for them and they are showing some signs of life now under Steve Kean. Defence wise they are looking a bit better with Dann settling in and Samba now back fit. They kept a clean sheet vs Fulham and were unfortunate with a last minute penalty against Everton other wise that would have been a clean sheet too. Arsenal was a strange game, but credit the fact that they tried to take the game to them rather than sitting back and absorbing the pressure. As demostrated in that game, upfront I think they have a goal or two in them, Rochina is capable of a bit of skill now and then and Hoilett speed and trickery will always be a threat. Yakubu as he did vs Arsenal will get them goals if they can supply him. So there is plenty there to trouble Newcastle, along with their own concerns concerns over fitness having played 120 minutes midweek. Simpson and Collacini in defence played all of those minutes as did Marveux and Obertan clocked up an hour also. All of these are likely to start in this match, so they may labour in the second half, and with a higher proportion of draws then any other result at home last season I think Pardew may settle for the point after their mid week exertions. I think overs or both teams to score would also be worth taking here. :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September G'day all, first post so here's my thoughts on weekend EPL action. Like previous posters, I think Chelsea will take an easy win from Swansea but went looking for a better value bet so selected Chelsea Only to score @ 1.83. Swansea have struggled to get on the board this year, Chelsea's defence is good enough to withstand it, and they'll be determined to bounce back after the Man U result. Like other punters I think Fulham has value against WBA, but moreso I think in terms of DNB bets the 2.25 on offer for Fulham DNB at Bet365 is good value and I've taken that with a decent deal of confidence. Ok so they've had a big workload of fixtures this year but I just can't see WBA being clear favourites for a win and feel it's worth a punt. Arsenal - Bolton; Both Teams To Score @ 1.72. It's Arsenal. Enough said at the moment, right? :( Finally, unable to decide on a Wigan - Tottenham result I thought I'd go for Adebayor to score at any time @ 2.25. He always seems to impress early in his spells and if Wigan's backline open up I think he's the one most likely to exploit it. Anyway, there's some EPL bets, make of them what you will. I've always found the forum good value for tips so thought it about time to contribute some of my own. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Wigan Athletic v Tottenham @ 1.83 Sportsbet Every man and his dog are on the Spurs this weekend, and hey I can't blame them. I loved what I saw from them last weekend and expect them to continue the form with growing confidence. Adebayor was class, and perhaps he can be their missing piece of the puzzle and go on to have a huge season. With Modric looking like he is happy again, and VDV to return, how can the price be ignored? I've also taken a small stakes double on Man City & Tottenham @ 2.51 Sportsbet Tasty odds for me. Tottenham bet already explained, and as for City, well I won't ramble on too much... but damn they look good this year. They've thumped a number of decent sides and I can't see a reason why they should slip up to Everton. Far too much depth in that squad, plenty of determination from the players, and an abundance of talent of course. Everton haven't had a horrible start to the season and aren't a bad side, but I highly doubt they have enough to keep up with Man City, not many sides can these days.

Yes - I noticed that. Why should past results in the same fixture affect a game though? Does it make any sense? The only way I can see it might have an effect is if the teams are affected by knowledge of the results of past fixtures - e.g. if City go into the game tomorrow thinking "Oh no' date=' it's Everton - we always lose to them at home" and vice-versa with Everton.[/quote'] It does matter and if you rely on these stats in betting you win more than you will lose.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Man City-Everton = over (1.65) bet365 Man City position 2° points13 Everton position 6° points 7 Preview: Man City: injured: James Milner (midfielder 3 / 0), Nigel de Jong (midfielder 1 / 0). Everton: injured: Victor Anichebe (striker 1 / 0). Man City has a score of w4-d1-l0 goals scored 17 goals against 5 Everton and has a score of w2-d1-l1 goals scored 6 goals against 4. Both teams started the season in the best way. Man City has had an excellent start, the confidence of the players is very high as well as morale. Mancini's team is in full force and has a far greater potential for Everton. All matches start of the season for the home team ended all over. Everton over the last year has weakened in the market and has so far been encouraged by a calendar affordable. By the way Everton played with most of the starting lineup Wednesday night in the Carling Cup extra time could pay and fatigue. At the end saw the offensive potential that is second only to Manchester United I think it's a game full of goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Man City - Everton over 3.5 @ 2.66 centrebet City have showed this year that they will be a force to be reckoned with as the addition of Aguero and Nasri has given them even more creativity up front, to not only create chances but to score goals as well. They were comfortably leading 2-0 against Fulham before allowing them to come back and equalise 2-2. They have scored at least 2 goals in each of their 5 games this season, with jsut 2 clean sheets, and 4 of these 5 games have seen at least 4 goals scored in them. Though Everton do not have the calibre of players to match it with Man City, they find ways to stay competitive and score goals, as their willingness to play as a team has provided them with the results. They havescored 5 goals in their last 2 games with 4 goals scored in each of them, and have won their last 4 games against Man City, scoring twice in each of these 4 wins. Like both teams to score here, and while Man City are more than likely to win this, can see quite a few goals scored. Arsenal - Bolton over 3.5 @ 2.46 pinnacle Arsenal will be looking to move back up the ladder after their 4-3 loss to Blackburn last week, as their defence once again was found out. While they have the players to score goals, they continue to find themselves giving away cheap goals, and now with Bolton coming to the capital, it looks good for more goals in this game. Davies will continue to his aerial presence to put the Arsenal defenders off their game, while Tuncay and Petrov wil be looking for his nod downs. Their own defence have had their problems too as they have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 games, with 4 of their 5 games this season at least 4 goals scored. The last 2 meetings at Arsenal has seen the home team win 4-2 and 4-1, and while they are not travelling as well this season, they can still find ways to score, and can see goals in this game. Chelsea - Swansea under 2.5 @ 2.63 centrebet A concern for Chelsea is that they have kist one clean sheet in their 5 games so far, but believe they will not have too much to worry here despite Swansea beating West Brom 3-0 at home last week. Swansea have not scored in 4 of their 5 games, while they have managed to keep 3 clean sheets so far.This will be a much tougher challenge for the visitors, but with that win last week, they will not be filled with as much tredipation and will have some confidence going into this game. Their manager Rodgers was part of the staff so he knows quite well a number of the players and will have a plan to keep them in check, and believe that he will look to get as many players behind the ball and look to frustrate them. With an important game away to high flying Valencia in the Champions League, Chelsea may be tempted to rest some players, and while their side should be too good for Swansea, it may not be as comprehensive as predicted. Liverpool -2 (EH) @ 3.60 centrebet Liverpool will be looking to bounce back after sufferring successive road defeats where they were unlucky to lose at Stoke before being picked apart by Spurs last week. Now at home, expect them to be more focused and ready to put in a big performance. Suarez has been playing well for them, and with Bellamy having a good game against Brighton mid week, he may be in line to start along side him. Would not be surprised to see Gerrard start in place of Adam, and they will probably look to give about 60 minutes as they face Everton next week and Man Utd soon after that, so they will be wanting their captain to be ready for those games. Kuyt also could replace Henderson in right midfield, while Kelly should slot into right back to give their backline more solidity. After 2 wins to open the season, Wolves have added just a point in their next 3 games as they have not been able to score in these 3 games, while losing 3-0 to QPR and 2-0 to Spurs in their last 2 games. Though Wolves beat Liverpool at Anfield last year, like the home team to show similar form when they beat them 3-0 in the reverse fixture as they look to get back to winning ways. Blackburn @ 4.77 pinnacle Massive price for Blackburn here as a 1-1 away draw with Fulham and then a 4-3 home win over Arsenal has them in a much more positive mood for this game. Newcastle are riding high with 2 wins and 3 draws, and they have allowed just 2 goals this season, while Blackburn have conceded 10 goals in their 5 games. However this is a game where Newcastle will fancy their chances of winning and will look to take the game to Blackburn, but with players like Hoilett and even Yakubu, Blackburn have the players to hit them on the counter. They have won their last 5 visits to SJP, so they will be confident in getting a result here, and at these odds, plenty of value of them getting a win here. West Brom - Fulham draw @ 3.29 pinnacle West Brom have just one win so far and 4 losses, and are coming off a 3-0 loss on the road to Swansea. Fulham have drawn 3 of their games and lost the other two, as they fought back from being 2-0 down to finish up 2-2 with Man City. With neither side doing enough to suggest either will win, can see both sides taking a point from this game, as at this stage, both managers will take that, since neither is playing well. Tottenham -1 (EH) @ 3.40 centrebet Spurs were pretty impressive in beating Liverpool last week, as the addition of Parker in midfield allowed Modric to venture forward and create space and opportunities for Bale, Defoe and Adebayor. Adebayor looked very good as the target man, and Spurs may have found themselves a striker that can not only hold the ball up and link with his creative midfielders, but also score goals. Wigan lost 3-1 at Everton and 3-0 at Man City in successive road defeats, and though they tend to be better at home, they have received a couple of heavy defeats to Spurs in recent years. With the form Spurs showed last week, like them to go out there and make it 3 wins in a row. Stoke - Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Stoke will take some comfort that they have drawn 0-0 with Chelsea and then beaten Liverpool 1-0 in their two home game this season, and while they have 3 clean sheets in their 5 games so far, worrying for them is that they have scored just 3 goals. It does not get easier here as Jones is out and they face the defending champions who are likely to have Ferdinand back. Expect Stoke to continue to work hard at home, as their midfield is designed to press, and they do have a pretty solid backline with Shawcross and Woodgate in particular playing well, to close down Man Utd. Man Utd are cruising and it is games like this where they could get ahead of themselves if they do not match it with Stoke. They have beaten Stoke in their last 3 visits there and none of these games have been easy for them. Can see this being a low scoring game with Man Utd probably edging this. August picks: 20-28 (+7.68)

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Manchester City - Everton
Selection Manchester City -2.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 24/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.00
Reasoning City are on fire this season holding 4-1-0 record they lose points last weekend after taking 0-2 lead against Fulham allowing two late goals I think that will not happen against especially at home where City recorded two big win 3-0 and 4-0 this season of two matches. I watched the one Everton win on the road in Blackburn against Rovers 0-1 in last minutes. Blackburn missed two penalty shot they hit three time the bar and couple of another good chances over goal I think Dzeko, Aguero, Nasri will not miss so many chances so that will be good home win.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Wigan - Tottenham: Tottenham @ 1.85 (Bluesquare) 10/10 The odds for Tottenham's win aren't spectacular but certainly fair. There is a meaningful difference in roster quality between the teams. Tottenham has a 2-0-2 record but the 2 losses have come against Man Utd. and Man City which have 2 of the best teams in the league. Wigan has faced all three of the newly promoted sides (Norwich, Swansea and QPR), which are arguably among the weaker teams in the league, and collected 5 points with 2 of the matches at home. In the end, Tottenham is a top 6 team, and Wigan is a relegation candidate in my opinion. The guests should win this match and the odds are acceptable.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Liverpool vs Wolverhampton Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: Liverppol: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Enrique, Kuyt, Adam, Lucas, Downing, Suarez, Carroll Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Stearman, Johnson, Berra, Ward, Hunt, O'Hara, Edwards, Henry, Jarvis, Doyle Liverpool is in very bad form. They have lost two matches in the row, 0:1 from Stoke and 0:4 from Tottenham. Manager Kenny Dalglish is under small pressure, he must find a way to motivate his players. It is true Liverpool won 2:1 against low division Brighton in Carling Cup at Wednesday, but that's something different. The captain Steven Gerard is very close to the returning, he even played 15 minutes at Wednesday. Charlie Adam and Martin Skrtel were both sent off against Tottenham, but now are back from suspension. Wolverhampton started the season in excellent way, with two victories in the first two rounds. But then started to play worse and now have two defeats. For this match the manager Mick McCarthy have the skipper Roger Johnson and Steven Fletcher back from the injuries. I think Wolverhampton could stay unbeaten at Anfield. They will defend, no doubt about that. And Liverpool is having problem against such defensive oriented teams. Even more, Wolverhampton won the last season's fixture played on 29.12.2010 with 0:1. It is too much to expect another victory for Wolverhampton, but a draw is possible.

City AH -1 @ 1.70 (Bet365) I think City'll get back on track tomorrow. I think they've done enough to this point to be considered title contenders, and title contenders usually respond to a couple disappointing results. We all know Everton's good recent record against City, but like I've said, City are in the hunt for the league, and whilst I'd expect Everton to make things difficult, I still think the home side will nick it.
Didn't look likely, but City ground it out, which is what genuine contenders do.

My picks are as follows: Fulham +0.5 @1.625 :nana Man City -1.0 @1.725 :nana Newcastle @1.9 :nana Arsenal - Bolton BTTS @1.72 :@ Spurs @1.9 :nana This years picks: SR = 80% (4/5) *** Points Staked = 5 *** Total = +2.15
A good week.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September I'm feeling sick as a parrot, bloody bluesq. Went place my bets late thurday night, double/treble system as i usually do and when hit place button up popped an error service unavailable message. Totally forgot to log back in and place bets, thinking i'd already done it. Just watched the scores come in, went check account and no bets were there. 10 minutes of being perplexed finally remembered the error message. And you just know what happened, out of 6 double/treble bets would have hit 1 double and 2 doubles/trebles returning just under 110% profit :sad Few decent picks too in newcastle/wimbledon/derby/wolfsburg/southend Gutted

Arsenal v Bolton Watched the Gunners last week at Blackburn and although they are still very threatening middle to front, they are shambolic at the back and ended with a demoralising 4-3 reverse. The club is without doubt in crisis and there is big pressure on Wenger to get a win tomorrow. For those reasons, I think they look a bit short at the 1.4 mark. Yes they have a great record at home to Bolton but I don't think this is relevant to tomorrows game as the circumstances are different. Bolton are far from in good form either, however the fixture list has not been kind to them at the start of the season pitting them against United, City and Liverpool in their opening games. I feel they can cause Arsenal's backline problems and if the home side are to win I think it will just be by the odd goal. Selection: Bolton +1.5 AH @ 1.74 with 32Red - 2 units:eyes
Garbage.

Stoke +1 at 1.87 is the worst tip I've seen on this forum. Do you watch the Premier League? Stoke shipped 4 against lowly Sunderland last weekend whilst Manchester United put 3 past Chelsea in 45 minutes, handed their coach their first defeat since he was in charge of Steve Kean's old side!!! I read somewhere that Wayne Rooney hasn't scored against Stoke, but the argument in the article was that Javier Hernandez will be able to dribble through this big Stoke defence, as well as Nani and Ashley Young, with the Portuguese winger on fire recently. Chicharito scored both goals in a 2-1 victory last season so if Fergie starts him I will be taking United who are currently just over halves. I think that's good value against a Stoke side who don't match up well on paper. The only downside is their physical game versus de Gea. But as it's on TV, it's easier to judge how he's going to do and you can take them in play too :ok
I really wish that all tips were this bad then. :unsure

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September A rather predictable set of results so far this weekend I think. I've got 8 out of 8 on Iknowthescore predictor game results right with three correct scores as well. Shame I didn't put any money on anything this weekend.

I see where you're coming from, but I am happy enough to back it. Will go with minimum stake though. Liverpool will want to bounce back with a win after their poor showing at White Hart Lane last week. I don't think Liverpool will have any problems here against a Wolves side who started well, but are now slipping back to their rightful position. Man City have also started the season in magnificent form. They are almost a different team this year as they set-out to attack and score goals, unlike last season where Mancini had them set-up more defensively. City will be very disappointed that they let a two goal lead slip last week against Fulham, and I can see them bouncing back with a win tomorrow. Everton won't be any push-overs, but I think City will edge it by a goal. Man United are playing unbelievably well at the moment, with Rooney, Young, and Nani in great form. I like Stoke and I like how they play, but I really can't see them stopping United tomorrow. The Brittania is a tough place to go, and I think Stoke will make it difficult for United, but their quality should shine through in the end. I gave my thoughts on Tottenham in my first post. 1 Unit - Liverpool, Man City, Man United, and Tottenham to win. Paddy Power :@ :hope
3 out of 4 came in. If I had known Rooney was injured, I wouldn't have placed the bet. Think United were unlucky not to have got a penalty at some stage during the game. Hernandez going off did not help either.
Third and final bet for tomorrow. Chelsea vs. Swansea. While there is no value here in the 1X2 market, I have a found a bet at a decent price which I am willing to take: Chelsea to win to nil. I was looking at a Chelsea clean sheet @1.72, but I think Chelsea will definitely win tomorrow, so I am quite happy to take Chelsea to win to nil @1.90. Chelsea have made a decent start to the season under new manager Andre Villas Boas. Chelsea have picked up ten points from a possible fifteen. Last weekend, Chelsea lost 3-1 against Man United but they didn't play particularly badly. I was quite happy with what I saw from them, and had Torres scored the open goal, who knows what could have happened. Chelsea have only managed to keep one clean sheet so far in the league, a 0-0 opening day draw against Stoke City. However, I do not think Swansea will score tomorrow. Despite winning 3-0 last weekend against a poor West Brom side, Swansea are a team who struggle for goals. They failed to score in their first four Premier League matches, and I can't see them breaking down Chelsea's defence tomorrow. 1 Unit - Chelsea to win to nil @1.90. Paddy Power. :@ :hope
Chelsea conceded with five minutes to go. I've yet to see the goal, but I'm disappointed with that.
Wigan vs. Tottenham. My initial thoughts are that Tottenham are good value at around evens to beat Wigan at the weekend. Yeah, Tottenham have lost two of their first four games, but we must remember the two of those were against Man City and Man United who were both in scintillating form. Apart from that, Spurs beat Wolves 3-0 and Liverpool 4-0. Not a bad start in my eyes. Wigan haven't started too badly - with two draws, two defeats, and one win - but they do not have the quality to keep out an in-form Tottenham side, especially with Adebayor up-front. I'm very confident that Spurs will win on Saturday so I am going in with a max bet. 5 Units - Tottenham to beat Wigan @2.00 (Paddy Power) :loon
Main bet came in anyway so I'm in profit from the weekend's matches so far. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Queens Park Rangers vs Aston Villa Queens Park Rangers win @13/10, odds from Paddy Power. I think there is some good value in QPR at this price at home. They seem to have pushed on with the new signings at the end of the transfer window. QPR They have a good Keeper in Paddy Kenny. The back four while not spectacular are all solid and relatiely experienced. Gabbidon and Ferdinand have played together before in their West Ham days. Luke Young is decent and has plenty of Premier League experience while Armand Traore has notable talent and while somewhat inexperienced at this level he has plenty of pace. In midfield i rate Barton very highly and i think the fact he will be pretty much their main man can only make him play better. On the wings Adel Taraabt and Shawn Wright-Philips are a handful for anybody and Faurlin is also a very tidy footballer. Even Shaun Derry has been performing out of his skin. Up front Jay Bothroyd is relatively unproven at this level but he is quite physical and causes problems. Even if he doesn't score just his presence seems to create chances. DJ Campbell could also be in the running for a start. Squad News: Of their expected first team the only doubt (that i know of) appears to be Danny Gabbidon with a knee injury. I believe he may start but if not (one size) Fitz Hall is in line to deputise. Aston Villa Obvious talent in their side. Their Keeper and back four have undoubted quality. Their regular back four of Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock should remain with Given behind them. That combined with McLeish's natural defensive tendancies may make them hard to break down. I believe however with the injuries in their squad at the moment their line-up further up the pitch is far from their first choice and they will struggle to offer much going forward. They still have proven Prem quality in Agbonlahor, Petrov and N'Zogbia but there is a lot of youth mixed in. Squad News: Bent, Cuellar and Heskey are all out. Warnock, Clark, Jenas, Petrov are all rated as doubts. Verdict Qpr have been impressive of late. I don't expect Villa to be that adventurous and so expect plenty of chances for QPR. I think even one goal may be enough to win this as Qpr's defense (and indeed Warnock's teams in general) are compact and organised. Can't see past a home win and i think there is value in the price. Good luck to all:hope

It does matter and if you rely on these stats in betting you win more than you will lose.
(Re. looking at results in previous fixtures) Mustafa, What evidence do you have of this? Re. City v Everton - I think today, the value, if any, was probably with City, City handicap or City clean sheet. I listened the BBC radio commentary, and they said City dominated and didn't really look like conceding. If you'd gone by Everton's previous results at City (I think they'd won their last 4 games there before today) you would have marked it down as value bet of the year on Everton and piled on them at 9.4. I remember thinking about backing Bayern Munich to beat Villarreal in Spain in the Champions League a few weeks ago, as Bayern have been in superb form and the odds were pretty decent. Then I read that Bayern hadn't won a game in Spain for something like 10 years, so I left it - Bayern won 2-0, apparently fairly comfortably. So I'd like to see evidence that previous results of a fixture affect the outcome of a game.

This may be bias as I am a tottenham fan, but one of the stand out bets for me this week is tottenham to beat wigan. Tottenhams first two games were against Man city and Man utd who were both in amazing form at the time, Since then tottenham have won both games comfortably, keeping clean sheets in both games. Tottenham at EVENS seems to be an amazing price to me! I have taken this early because i think the odds will drop come the weekend. If Ledley King Plays i will be tempted to go for spurs to win to nil. GL :ok
Very good value call on Spurs I think. They deserved their 2-1 win according to what I've heard - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14957897.stm