** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Italia Serie A second round

Cagliari - Novara I believe Cagliari are overpriced after win in Roma. They played good organised game, but only won because Roma is in total mess. Novara showed good comeback in first round against Chievo canceling Chievos lead 4 minutes from time. I agree with bookmakers that Cagliari are better team, but can not agree that they have such a big handicap to beat, hence i see value on Novara. Novara +1 @ 1.87 sbobet -- Catania - Cesena First round Catania failed to beat Siena, now they face better opponent in Cesena. About hosts, they lost Silvestere in defence, but got few good transfers. Cesena lost only Giaccherini to Juvenstus and bought several good experienced starts. Mutu and Candreva as main players. I think Catania should get to a winner in second attempt, Cesena will play counter attack football, but Catania are better team with more depth and Montella get his first win. Biggest problem for Cesena is that Antonioli, their first goalkeeper is injured and instead of him Ravaglia (come from Serie C) will play. Catania -0.5 @ 2.16 sbobet -- Parma - Chievo Parma lost opener to Juve 1-4. Juve were better team. So it is time for Parma, who eventually dont have bad team overall, show what they are worth. Giovinco and company have some good individuals and they are imo a team which should be placed in middle of the table, without having to worry about relegation. Biabany ,Valiani, Crespo, Floccari, Santacroce.... good players who might get a shot after that loss. Chievo this season, unusualy with many changes also lost few important figures - Constant and Mantovani gone and midfield is almost all new - Parma -0.5 @ 2.06 sbobet

Re: Italia Serie A second round Parma - Chievo (@2.06) sbobet 3 points After lost 1 match, Parma at home against Chievo has a good opportunity, more quality player for home side, Chievo change trainer and also sell good players as usually, odds gave a value on home win Lazio - Genoa Over 2.5 (@1.95) unibet 5 points According to me this is a value odds, Lazio and Genoa seem both with no good defense in first match, Malesani (Genoa trainer) is well known as an attacking trainer, Reja (Lazio Trainer) usually take more attention to defense part, but first match against Milan show that is side has some difficulties, both play a propositive football. Napoli - Milan 1 (@2.85) 2 points unibet These odds Sunday evening will be a dream I think, Milan without Ibra, both have a champions League match this week, but I think Sunday evening San Paolo stadium will help a lot home side, Milan after match against Lazio seems still not in good form. Siena - Juventus 2 (@1.74) 5 points sbobet Juventus plays an impressive football in 1st match, and player like Vucinic, Vidal, Elia and Krasic were all on the bench, Conte has an idea of offensive football and sure Juventus will play always for win, Pirlo seems to have something to show to Milan which leave free him. Siena will fight for relegation but at this moment Juventus can take 3 points.

Re: Italia Serie A second round

Saturday 17 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Cagliari v Novara (17:00 BST) 1.7 3.75 6.4 100.97 %
maximize.gif Internazionale v AS Roma (19:45 BST) 1.85 3.8 4.77 101.33 %
Sunday 18 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atalanta v Palermo (11:30 BST) 2.6 3.3 3.13 100.71 %
maximize.gif Bologna v Lecce (14:00 BST) 1.95 3.6 4.74 100.16 %
maximize.gif Catania v Cesena (14:00 BST) 2.2 3.25 3.95 101.54 %
maximize.gif Lazio v Genoa (14:00 BST) 1.75 3.8 5.98 100.18 %
maximize.gif Parma v Chievo (14:00 BST) 2.07 3.3 4.34 101.65 %
maximize.gif Siena v Juventus (14:00 BST) 5.6 3.65 1.77 101.59 %
maximize.gif Udinese v Fiorentina (14:00 BST) 2.19 3.35 3.85 101.49 %
maximize.gif Napoli v AC Milan (19:45 BST) 2.84 3.25 2.81 101.57 %

Re: Italia Serie A second round Atalanta vs. Palermo I can't wait for team news and risk this price dropping. Both teams had performances they will be proud of in week 1 and both will come into this psyched up. Palermo had a typical performance. I still think they'll struggle this season but they took complete advantage of Inter's inept formation and calamitous defending. They had their own usual struggles as well though. Atalanta gave Genoa a really good game that ended 2-2. Their attacking four caused a lot of problems with Moralez leading the way bagging the goals. Denis also looked surprisingly decent. Atalanta will look to their home games for safety, as any relegation candidate would. With a relative wind in their sails I'm sure they'll have a real crack at Palermo. Palermo in turn will of course fancy their chances of scoring a couple. Munoz is said to be missing but I am not at all sure why. Given that it is Tuesday it is entirely possible that Gazzetta are wrong and he'll make it. If not Migliaccio could slot in with Silvestre. I think there is a strong chance they'll start Acquah in this one. His intro in the Inter match had a positive impact. Miccoli and Hernandez should both lead the line again. I see this match as being quite a good one on paper. Both teams have impetus to attack and Palermo have a tendency to go over anyway. Great odds in my opinion. Over 2.5 goals - 2.130 - 5 points - Pinnacle

Re: Italia Serie A second round Last update, Milan will be without Ambrosini, Gattuso, Ibra, and Boateng, with Robinho still doubtfull. Formation should be Abbiati, Abate, Zambrotta, Nesta, Thiago, Van Bommel, Nocerino, Aquilani, Seedorf, Pato, Cassano (El Sharaawy) So Difficult game at San Paolo, and a lot of players not available, not good situation for Rossoneri.

Cagliari - Novara I believe Cagliari are overpriced after win in Roma. They played good organised game, but only won because Roma is in total mess. Novara showed good comeback in first round against Chievo canceling Chievos lead 4 minutes from time. I agree with bookmakers that Cagliari are better team, but can not agree that they have such a big handicap to beat, hence i see value on Novara. Novara +1 @ 1.87 sbobet -- Catania - Cesena First round Catania failed to beat Siena, now they face better opponent in Cesena. About hosts, they lost Silvestere in defence, but got few good transfers. Cesena lost only Giaccherini to Juvenstus and bought several good experienced starts. Mutu and Candreva as main players. I think Catania should get to a winner in second attempt, Cesena will play counter attack football, but Catania are better team with more depth and Montella get his first win. Biggest problem for Cesena is that Antonioli, their first goalkeeper is injured and instead of him Ravaglia (come from Serie C) will play. Catania -0.5 @ 2.16 sbobet -- Parma - Chievo Parma lost opener to Juve 1-4. Juve were better team. So it is time for Parma, who eventually dont have bad team overall, show what they are worth. Giovinco and company have some good individuals and they are imo a team which should be placed in middle of the table, without having to worry about relegation. Biabany ,Valiani, Crespo, Floccari, Santacroce.... good players who might get a shot after that loss. Chievo this season, unusualy with many changes also lost few important figures - Constant and Mantovani gone and midfield is almost all new - Parma -0.5 @ 2.06 sbobet
to add: Siena - Juventus Still not 100% about Juventus, but two things make me go for them. Pepe and Pirlo. Pepe was mediocre transfer last year, but in first game, he made to me very good impression so wings are covered at Juvnetus. Pirlo looks like the best added value to the team in game against Parma he was excellent and despite Juventus dont have any real superstars, it looks they have a big depth and complete team. Siena one of candidates to relegate - probably the surest one to go back to B and if Juventus want to win trophies these are games they must win. Also Conte, Juventus coach, was in charge of Siena in last season, so he know their weaknesess very well. Juventus -0.75 @ 2.04 sbobet

Re: Italia Serie A second round agree on the over there ultra, seems Atalanta is playing a free for all type of football. Palermo as usual....seem to fair pretty well for goals, what I love about Palermo is if they score first they will go for another, if they get scored upon the game opens up, most teams just score and then sit.

Atalanta vs. Palermo I can't wait for team news and risk this price dropping. Both teams had performances they will be proud of in week 1 and both will come into this psyched up. Palermo had a typical performance. I still think they'll struggle this season but they took complete advantage of Inter's inept formation and calamitous defending. They had their own usual struggles as well though. Atalanta gave Genoa a really good game that ended 2-2. Their attacking four caused a lot of problems with Moralez leading the way bagging the goals. Denis also looked surprisingly decent. Atalanta will look to their home games for safety, as any relegation candidate would. With a relative wind in their sails I'm sure they'll have a real crack at Palermo. Palermo in turn will of course fancy their chances of scoring a couple. Munoz is said to be missing but I am not at all sure why. Given that it is Tuesday it is entirely possible that Gazzetta are wrong and he'll make it. If not Migliaccio could slot in with Silvestre. I think there is a strong chance they'll start Acquah in this one. His intro in the Inter match had a positive impact. Miccoli and Hernandez should both lead the line again. I see this match as being quite a good one on paper. Both teams have impetus to attack and Palermo have a tendency to go over anyway. Great odds in my opinion. Over 2.5 goals - 2.130 - 5 points - Pinnacle
Can you see the odds shortening before Saturday? They are 2.0 @ Skybet now and that is very tempting. Also, if you dont mind me asking is 5 points a big stake for you? Im just wondering how confident you are about this bet.

Re: Italia Serie A second round I am on Juventus -0.5 too. They should win this. I am also considering Lazio - Genoa -0.5. Genoa looked nothing special against Atalanta at home, and looked like they are not in form yet. Lazio defense may have problems, but with the new transfers, home atmosphere and good attacking, they should win this game imo!

Can you see the odds shortening before Saturday? They are 2.0 @ Skybet now and that is very tempting. Also' date=' if you dont mind me asking is 5 points a big stake for you? Im just wondering how confident you are about this bet.[/quote'] The odds probably wont shorten greatly because it's not a match that will attract lots of attention. They may slim a little though because I still think it's a good price. Regarding my stake, it is rare that I will go 10/10 on a bet so 5/10 can perhaps be considered as relatively strong. However I am quite easily shook by goal markets so I tend to be a little more cautious.

The odds probably wont shorten greatly because it's not a match that will attract lots of attention. They may slim a little though because I still think it's a good price. Regarding my stake' date=' it is rare that I will go 10/10 on a bet so 5/10 can perhaps be considered as relatively strong. However I am quite easily shook by goal markets so I tend to be a little more cautious.[/quote'] Okay thank you very much :ok. I'l look at the odds on Saturday morning and if they are around the same i shall back it

Re: Italia Serie A second round One more for me and I'll duck out - there are a lot of question marks. Catania vs. Cesena I was very underwhelmed by Catania last week. It's still early though so there is no solid form trend to go on. They had a real chance to make a positive start against Siena but were very limited with the ball. If Siena were a little more on point then they could have snatched a win. As mentioned last week, Catania tend to be hard to beat at home, but I fancy taking them on here. I don't think they are good enough on the ball to sufficiently control matches. After last week though I would expect some sort of reaction and increased effort. Cesena went down to Napoli last week. They have a right to feel aggrieved as until they lost a man they were really hassling Napoli. They are very adept at playing on the counter. They've also got some relative quality on the ball. Parolo is a very tidy all-rounder in CM. Candreva looks re-invigorated also, though he is as flakey as they come so I wont bank on another promising performance. Up front Mutu is the type of player who will love being the big fish in the small pond. He'll have dibs on set-pieces and the team will look to him most of the time. I give the nod to the away side squad wise but they aren't worlds apart. I'm more than happy to take Cesena on the plus based on how they play. I don't think teams would worry about Catania having most of the ball (which they may not even do), and Cesena are happy to counter. They also have the quality to hold the ball themselves, if Catania are particularly woeful. Cesena +0.5 - 1.758 - 4 points - Pinnacle Cesena win - 3.940 - 1 point - Pinnacle

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Inter - AS Roma
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 17/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.50
Reasoning Inter are nothing spercial this season after Etoo left this club they are so poor, last game against Turkish Trabzonspor at home 0-1 home loss, total shots on target Inter 2 Trabzonspor 7, shots wide Inter 2 Trabzonspor 4 corners Inter 2 Trabzonspor 7, offsides Inter 1 Trabzonspor 5, so it seems that Inter aver poor club at the moment. Forlan did not played but what he can do after all team is in poor fit. Roma are also very poor they were eliminated of Europe League defeated by Slovakian Slovan, also lose opening match in Seria A so I think 0-0 today will be good for both sides, point is more than nothing

Re: Italia Serie A second round Inter vs Roma Pick: Away win Probable starting eleven: Inter: Julio Cesar; Jonathan, Ranocchia, Lucio, Nagatomo; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Obi; Sneijder; Pazzini, Forlan. Roma: Stekelenburg; Rosi, Burdisso, Heinze, Cassetti; Perrotta, De Rossi, Pjanic; Borriello, Totti, Borini I expect an interesting and efficient match at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in Milano. And I expect Roma to win. But the main reason for my pick is not Roma, but Inter. Inter started the season catastrophic, with two defeats in the first two matches. They lost 4:3 from Palermo in the first match in Serie A. Having on mind that Palermo is much weaker then the previous seasons, it is clear the defeat was very frustrating for the players and for the fans. But just after that came the second defeat. Inter lost 1:0 from Turkish Trabzonspor in UEFA Champions League opening match. This situation remind me on the last season's situation. The new coach Gian Piero Gasperini could easily finish like Rafa Benitez. Both teams are handicapped here. Inter will miss Emiliano Viviano, Maicon, Ivan Cordoba, Andrea Poli, Cristian Chivu and Thiago Motta, while Roma will miss Juan, Cicinho, Erik Lamela and Juan Angel. I think Roma could win at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in Milano. They are solid team, with many new players. It is clear Roma need some time, the players will play better as time goes on. Coach Luis Enrique announced he will start with Borriello, Totti and Borini in the attack. Don't forget Pjanic, he is also a dangerous and experienced striker. So, I believe Roma is able to win.

Anyone think the Inter - Roma game could go over 2.5? In my opinion i think both teams are shaky and they will concede a few goals. They also have quality attackers. Odds are 1.86 which looks tasty.
Took the odds of 1.88 @ betfair, i think both attacks are strong and hopefully there will be a few goals in this one. GL on this game tonight :hope:hope:hope

Took the odds of 1.88 @ betfair' date=' i think both attacks are strong and hopefully there will be a few goals in this one. GL on this game tonight :hope:hope:hope[/quote'] Roma keeper seriously injured and having to be subbed. Hopefully this could help the overs. Have taken in play on Bet365 @ 2.10 :ok

Re: Italia Serie A second round Yeah, I should have left in alone but it looked like it could have a few goals early on. Inter never really tested the new keeper which was a bit of a shame. Oh well, back to La Liga to see if any value to be found there tonight.

Yeah, I should have left in alone but it looked like it could have a few goals early on. Inter never really tested the new keeper which was a bit of a shame. Oh well, back to La Liga to see if any value to be found there tonight.
Sevilla is 0-0 and they are nearly evens @betfair which could be value, it seems they are dominating the match at least in terms of attempts.

Re: Italia Serie A second round Nobody should expect any degree of consistency from Inter or Roma for a very long time. Neither defence was at all convincing yet very few opportunities were created? Just 90 scrappy minutes of back and forth shite. So now Lavezzi may be able to play? I'm guessing it's best to wait for a line-up. There is no doubt that Napoli will disturb Milan at some point. I'm interested to see how Nesta will cope with 3 matches in a week. Also Seedy as trequartista does not work but he can be swapped with Aquilani very easily. Napoli's pace and energy versus Milan's stability(?). It should be a good match, but I am not going in.

Re: Italia Serie A second round Atalanta - Palermo: Draw @ 3.27 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Atalanta started the season with a positive result at Genoa with a 2-2 draw and could have even taken all three points after missing a good chance at goal in injury time. Atalanta is desperate to collect points given the 6 point deduction that they were given to start the season. Palermo defeated Inter at home in a wild 4-3 match. Early reviews of Palermo cast doubts on the teams potential this season. This is still unanswered since the win over Inter was a good result but given Inter's current state should be taken with a grain of salt. At the moment, I believe there isn't a meaningful differenve between the teams. They both appear to play free flowing football and we could get a high scoring draw here with a 2-2 or even 3-3 score. I feel the draw represents a good percentage bet in this match. Lazio - Genoa: Lazio @ 1.75 (Pinnacle) 10/10 The odds are fair for Lazio's win, I think. Lazio started the season with a positive result at Milan with a 2-2 draw and even led by 0-2 in the first half. Lazio's offense seems potent with the signing of Cisse and Klose although the defense could do with some work. Genoa drew against Atalanta (2-2) at home and was arguably lucky to escape with a point. Atalanta led at one point 1-2 and missed a good opportunity to win the match in injury time. Genoa appears to be less ready than Lazio and the home team seems to be more ambitious and qualified roster wise. Last season Lazio won this fixture 4-2. The home win looks quite probable, I think. Siena - Juventus: Juventus @ 1.80 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Siena played to a 0-0 draw at Catania and thus started the season on a positive note. Siena is a newly promoted team and I suspect it may struggle to find its footing in the beginning of the season and quite possibly even throughout the season. Juventus convicingly defeated Parma (4-1) at home. Juventus has an improved roster this season and the objectives have been set high. If the objectives are to be realised then matches against newly promoted teams should be wins. The odds are fair here for Juventus' win and worth the risk. Good Luck....:hope

Re: Italia Serie A second round Siena v Juventus JUVENTUS WIN Siena are without striker Reginaldo and defender Gabriele Angella due to fitness concerns. Juve's summer signing Mirko Vucinic has recovered from his ankle problem that kept him from starting against Parma last weekend. Vincenzo Iaquinta, Luca Toni, Amauri and Fabio Quagliarella are all also pushing for starts up front, but after the 4-1 win last time out, displacing Alessandro del Piero and Alessandro Matri will not be easy. Siena claimed the most points (49) and scored the most goals (45) at home in the last Serie B campaign. Juventus conceded only 16 goals away from home last season, only AC Milan (12) had a better record in Serie A. Juventus have won 10 of the 12 games played against Siena so far in the top-flight, losing only once in May 2008; the last meeting ended in a 3-3 draw. Siena have only scored one goal in six home Serie A meetings with the Old Lady so far. Juve conceded only one goal in their last four games on the road last season. 5 minutes and 38 second were enough for Arturo Vidal to score his first Serie A goal after coming on from the bench on his debut for Juventus against Parma. Juve recorded the highest ball possession of the opening match-day of Serie a (65.9%). Andrea Pirlo made (109) and completed (96) more passes than any other player in the first round of this competition, and also made two assists.

Siena v Juventus JUVENTUS WIN Siena are without striker Reginaldo and defender Gabriele Angella due to fitness concerns. Juve's summer signing Mirko Vucinic has recovered from his ankle problem that kept him from starting against Parma last weekend. Vincenzo Iaquinta, Luca Toni, Amauri and Fabio Quagliarella are all also pushing for starts up front, but after the 4-1 win last time out, displacing Alessandro del Piero and Alessandro Matri will not be easy. Siena claimed the most points (49) and scored the most goals (45) at home in the last Serie B campaign. Juventus conceded only 16 goals away from home last season, only AC Milan (12) had a better record in Serie A. Juventus have won 10 of the 12 games played against Siena so far in the top-flight, losing only once in May 2008; the last meeting ended in a 3-3 draw. Siena have only scored one goal in six home Serie A meetings with the Old Lady so far. Juve conceded only one goal in their last four games on the road last season. 5 minutes and 38 second were enough for Arturo Vidal to score his first Serie A goal after coming on from the bench on his debut for Juventus against Parma. Juve recorded the highest ball possession of the opening match-day of Serie a (65.9%). Andrea Pirlo made (109) and completed (96) more passes than any other player in the first round of this competition, and also made two assists.
Nice post! I agree with you here and will be backing Juventus to win today. The other bet i like the look of is over 2.5 in the Atalanta vs Sampdoria game @ evens which looks good value. Both teams play attacking football whilst they seem shaky at the back.

Re: Italia Serie A second round Juve is a bit of a tempter today but I can't bring myself to back them yet. I have no doubt that defensively they are vulnerable. Their CM is a little weak in that respect and the way they appear to play could expose that. These may be faults that only the better sides can expose - although Siena have said they are gunning for Pirlo. On the flip, going forward Juve will cause problems. Very direct and lots of width will be effective I feel. I'm sure that their matches will be exciting to watch more often than not, but I'm more interested to see how they get through this match.

Nice post! I agree with you here and will be backing Juventus to win today. The other bet i like the look of is over 2.5 in the Atalanta vs Sampdoria game @ evens which looks good value. Both teams play attacking football whilst they seem shaky at the back.
I think you like to say ATALANTA VS PALERMO :) Here is the last 5 games of bouth team ATALANTA’S LAST 5 RESULTS Serie A Sunday September 11, 2011 Genoa 2 - 2 Atalanta Coppa Italia Sunday August 21, 2011 Atalanta 3 - 4 Gubbio Serie B Sunday May 29, 2011 Grosseto 1 - 1 Atalanta Serie B Saturday May 21, 2011 Atalanta 2 - 2 Cittadella Serie B Monday May 16, 2011 AlbinoLeffe 2 - 3 Atalanta PALERMO’S LAST 5 RESULTS Serie A Sunday September 11, 2011 Palermo 4 - 3 Internazionale Europa League Thursday August 4, 2011 FC Thun 1 - 1 Palermo Europa League Thursday July 28, 2011 Palermo 2 - 2 FC Thun Coppa Italia Sunday May 29, 2011 Internazionale 3 - 1 Palermo Serie A Sunday May 22, 2011 Palermo 1 - 3 Chievo And i think that you may bet that this game will go OVER 2,5