BBOTD 10th of September

Aidymac

Census - Doncaster 3:10 I think this horse has a big chance of winning tomorrow. I think Sea Moon is far too short in price first of all. Census is improving with every run. Lost out to Brown Panther by 6 lengths in a Class 2 handicap three runs back, then improved again by losing to Masked Marvel by a head in a Group 3 at Newmarket. Then last time out it turned the tables with Brown Panther winning a Group 3 , beating Brown Panther by 1 1/4 lengths, staying on very well at the finish. Meeznah has come out of that race and has franked the form , and if Sea Moon doesnt repeat its last effort, Census is the one that is going to capatalize. WIN @ 5/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 10th of February 2:20 Goodwood Karam Albaari EW - 25/1 (Ladbrokes - bog) Have taken this early as it's a big price in a race full of half exposed horses with question marks. Clearly this horse has constantly surprised connections, finishing in very respectable positions behind good horses. Finished close up to Saamidd last year in the Champagne stakes, and then ran well behind Casamento in the Racing Post Trophy. On pedigree and when watching the horse, it's clear as day that he's going to improve when upped in trip. It's interesting then, that connections decided to start him off at this track over what you'd expect to be an inadequate trip of 7f. He probably surprised them by how well he did despite finishing last. Only 3 and a half lengths behind Libranno. I'm sure they would've taken that. Now he appears back at Goodwood in a group three over just short of 1m2f. Given that the step-up should only bring out improvement, that the horse will come on for his run over 7f last time, and that a lot of this field are starting to look slightly exposed, 25/1 could be a huge price. He's been given time to come to himself this year and track experience, which is vital. Martin Dwyer has a superb record at Goodwood too, which is another positive. The trainer also shows a healthy profit at Goodwood. Also worth noting that he's by King's Best, so his first encounter with a softer surface might also add to his chances.

Re: BBOTD 10th of February I,ve always been a big fan of trainer Roger Charlton so i'll go with his lightly raced 3yr old colt. Roger is sending out a few nice horses today but the stand out for me is his runner in Race 4 at Doncaster, he was a winner last time out at Goodwood and his race before that was not beat by far by Brown Panther. Todays trip is no problem for him but if the rain comes i,am a little unsure if he will take to the going. Jockey W Buick gets the leg up for the first time and they should run a close race. Doncaster 3:45 - Cry Fury 1pt win bet @ 7/2 some firms - Hills VC PP etc. Have a nice weekend troops.

Re: BBOTD 10th of February 14:20 Goodwood Opera Gal 0,5 EW (9,00) Bet365 Opera Gal has showen great form lately, whit 2 place and 1 win in her reacent 3 class one races-. 2 of those where whit a simular going. And she is a distance winner. There are some great horses in this race and Opera Gal need to show her best to win but a place in top 3 is not impossible. She is the fastest horse in the race, so if she can keep her place up front in the group, she might be able to sprint whit the front runners.

Re: BBOTD 10th of February 2.35 Doncaster Joe Packet win @ 14/1 Ladbrokes This horse has returned from a little break in great form. Was a little unlucky last time out not to win a good handicap at Bath as he stumbled at the start. He runs off the same mark today and everything looks in his favour. His stable are in great form at the moment and I think he has a big chance. He is only a 4 year old so there may still be plenty of improvement to come.

Re: BBOTD 10th of February 0.5e/w Buthelezi 100/1 bet365 Doncaster 15.10 i cant resist the big prices in the small fields,especially when there is good e/w prospects and the 9 runners(at the moment) makes the 15.10 at doncaster perfect for a longshot to be placed(or maybe even win) this is one of the better fields of the day with some outstanding horses includeing sea moon,blue bunting and a couple of others census and masked marvel,but im not so sure the outsiders here are that far behind, when buthelezi last met census and brown panther(1st and 2nd) it was a 9/1 shot(and finished 4th) and they were 4/1 and 7/2 tomorrow census is a 5/1 shot and buthelezi is 100/1 even though there was a distance between them i think if the race is run differently buthelezi coud well make up some of the deficit buthelezi has had 9 runs todate,3 1st places,2 second places and 2 3rd places,its never been over 20/1 before so im on the ton to one with a big 50p e/w bet

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 2:35 Doncaster - Addictive Dream - e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365, 5 places) Time to play the persistence card again, as I always thought Addictive Dream had another nice handicap in him ever since he landed the spoils at Ripon - bringing in a decent bet for myself in the process. Things haven't gone to plan for Walter Swinburn's 4 year old since and he has also shown signs of temperament, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an exceptionally talented animal on his day. If things can fall his way during the race today, I'm convinced that he's up to landing this £37,350 prize for connections over a trip that should be around his optimum. Addictive Dream put in a performance worthy of seeing him get involved at Listed/Group 3 level when overcoming having to race on the 'wrong' side of the Ripon track back in June. He was over 6½ lengths clear of his own group and 2 lengths clear of the favoured group which was headed by the Tim Easterby trained 5 year old, Grissom, a three-time winner since having won off 78, 82 & 88. 8 of the 13 runners in behind have won since and some of them multiple times, so to see Walter Swinburn's charge hammer them off a mark of 91 was impressive. He's 6lbs higher now but it's not beyond him if he's at the top of his game and I'm hopeful that connections should have him spot on today. Addictive Dream has run on 4 occasions since then, putting in 3 solid efforts before flopping last time out on his return to Ripon in the ultra-competitive, 19-runner Great St Wilfred Stakes. However, he was drawn on the wrong side and never got into contention, possibly paying for his exertions a week earlier when coming an unlucky 1½ length 5th behind Dungannon over 5f at Ascot. On that occasion, he was very well-backed in the Shergar Cup Dash and if it hadn't of been for getting wedged on the rail with nowhere to go, he'd of added to his 3 career wins. Usually the bare 5f is a bit on the sharp side for this animal but he was cruising in behind the leaders and that bodes well for his chances here. If he's in the same form again, I'm sure he'll go close. Walter Swinburn isn't having too much luck of late and all of his last 26 runners have lost, despite many running well. Today he and connections see fit to book the brilliant Frankie Dettori, which I'm hopeful is a signal of intent. Frankie rarely rides for this yard and he's riding exceptionally well of late - with 5 winners, 6 seconds and 1 third from his last 14 rides. He could be key to getting the best out of this tricky animal and maybe the removal of cheekpieces (on last twice) could also spur Addictive Dream on - even though he previously looked in need of some help but horses are weird animals and it could be a positive. The ground shouldn't pose an issue, he's well positioned in stall 16 and a solid pace to run at is virtually assured, which he wants. 20/1 looks like a price that's much too big for him and I'd imagine that 14's would be fair whilst 10's would be correct - although you couldn't price him at that purely on his latest run. Medium each-way stakes for me and hopefully he'll run into one of the 5 available places at least.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 3.25 Goodwood - 1pt win Al Khaleej @ 8/1 (PaddyPower) - BOG Al Khaleej seems best over 7f and has finished runner-up on both trips to Goodwood in his career so far. There are therefore no issues regarding the track, trip or ground (winner with cut). He's only raced 3 times this season and has improved since his flat return at Windsor when last. However, he clearly needed that and has shaped better on his two starts since. It was a strong race at Windsor and this is proved by the fact Boom And Bust was beaten 14l before winning the valuable Totesport Mile at this course next time. Al Khaleej ran well at Newmarket to be 9th of 20 next time out, staying on at the finish following a slow start. The race has a very solid look about it with horses such as Excellent Guest, Fathsta and Docofthebay involved. Today's race doesn't look as strong and he competes off a 3lb lower mark. Things didn't really pan out last time back over a mile at Newmarket. The slow pace over the trip caused him to pull hard and he struggled to make an impact. Invisible Man was 2nd with subsequent winner Colonial in 3rd. At the weights he was always going to struggle to beat these, though, so factoring in the race wasn't run to suit, he still ran adequately. The first three were rated in the 100s and it helped to be close to the slow pace. Back to 7f today run at a true gallop will really suit this one and looks very capable of a big run back in a handicap. David Simcock's horses are running well and is well handicapped. Won by 2l at Newmarket off a 1lb lower mark last summer. Martin Lane took 3lbs off that day but he's still very much up to winning off this mark. I expect a huge run.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 2.20 Goodwood Nationalism win @ 6/1 Coral Put in a very dissapointing performance at York last time where he was badly drawn and switched sides early and was never able to make any impression. Prior to that at Windsor he had looked back on top form when finishing in front of Dux Scholar, Balduchi and Boom Or Bust in a listed race and all 3 have gone to frank the form. Nationalism is drawn in stall 1 and is close to the only front runner in the race Opera Gale and should get a good tow. French Navy looks the main danger but Nationalism could just get up in what I expect to be a close finish.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 2.35 Doncaster Joe Packet would have got a lot closer lto but for a stumble at the start. Still ran really well and with a strong pace should go very close today. Stable flying and is much to big at the price.All the interest will be on Zero Money and York Glory but I have a feeling they may have done their winning for now. 1 Pt win 14/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 5.35 Bath - Little Perisher (1pt WIN 20/1 BSq) Consistent ratings in defeat and rarely runs a real stinker. Drops another 2lb today and is down in racing quality yet again (Cl5 seller > weak Cl6 handicap > Cl6 apprentice handicap today ;)) Last run was the best effort for several tries, turned out quickly to see if the momentum can put him over the line today. Not in with a big chance by any means, but 20/1 is too big IMO and if the cards fall just run he might regain the form of his youth.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September Sorry about the late race BH! 8.25 Kempton : Andorn 1pt 5/1 VCBet Noticed this one running a creditable race over hurdles at Sedgefield and went into the notebook (memory), the trainer is in decent form and was surprised to see him entered up on the flat last week over this course and distance. He ran a good race but had no luck in running and finished fourth to an easy winner. He wouldnt have won that day even if he did get a clear run but this looks a weaker race and is certainly capable from a mark of just 65.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September Goodwood 3.25 Kalk Bay win - 14/1 Boyle Paddy VC Been folliowing this fella all season, but he's disappointed me a lot. He traveled like a winner at Ascot, but for some reason didn't finish his race. Tongue tie applied today and apparently he has breathing problems. Bit of a shot in the dark with him, but good 3lb claimer on board and decent price on offer are worth a bet. I trust Haggas to sort him out and if the tongue tie works, I think he can run a good race today. Price is too big not to be tried.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 3:10 Doncaster: Man of Action 1pt win 6/1 Bet365 Man of Action's recent form figures are none too inspiring and he has been deserted by Frankie Dettori, however he could still go well here. His last run at Goodwood was pretty good despite his poor draw and not getting a clear passage. Looking at those who finished in front of Man of Action at Goodwood, Pintura the third finished second in a York handicap and the fifth Dance and Dance was a neck second in a Group 3 at Salisbury. So the form has a solid feel. Often when Godolphin run two in a race there is not much between them and Saeed Bin Suroor has been going pretty well of late.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 2.35 doncaster Mouth watering stuff for sprint handicap fans. My pin stuck in WAFFLE so I'll take him for bbotd purposes with doctor parkes and bajan tryst in reverse forecasts. This horse ran a worldie in the wokingham, not only was he only just denied having come with a late run, history now shows he was giving weight to a subsequent group 3 winner - no wonder he couldn't get to deacon blues. He raced too quickly in a muddling pattern race at newcastle when he needed a rest. He has been wrapped in cotton wool for noseda in the past but that geordie race found him out. Last time he didn't get the run of the race in a tactical gt st wilfrid. Its time to hand the money over the counter, roll back on the sun lounger with a glass of sangria in one hand and sporting life fast results on wap in the other. If he, or one of the aforementioned pair, comes in at 2.37 ill be shouting ole and dancing in the aisles. Waffle, 1 pt win. Good luck all.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 3.00 Chester: Steed 1pt win @ 16/1 bet365 BOG Highly progressive on the all weather when with Kevin Ryan at the start of the year, however yet to show a similar level of form on turf. Has since moved stables to Richard Guest and the last three runs haven't been anything to get excited about, however has slipped down the weights as a consequence and is below last AW winning mark. Best recent effort was penultimate start over C&D and no surprise to see the horse take a step back in the right direction today from a decent draw.

Re: BBOTD 10th of September VAINGLORY 3.45 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. Consistent enough and the trip and ground suits. Should be able to run to par again and with being dropped to a mark of 89 I think that will be enough to see him go well today. Laura Pike not the best around, but the other 5lb to come off could help more than hinder if the going gets tough. 11/1 Victor Chandler BOG

Re: BBOTD 10th of September Wooden King 3.55 Bath. 0.5 points each way. I'm a little worried about the ground, but hopefully it'll continue to dry out and be more on the good side. The trip's fine and he has a good record at this track, so with being let in off a mark of 74 again, I can see him going close to winning this. 8/1 Ladbrokes (bog)

Re: BBOTD 10th of September 3:50 Curragh - Fame And Glory - Back Cost me a hefty 9pt win bet on my thread lto when beaten by a horse he had already hammered 3 times this season. Some of the O'Brien horses have a tendency to struggle a bit after a break and he is one that does, frequently getting beaten in his prep and seasonal re-appearance races. He tends to come on a bundle for them though and he devastatingly put many of these to the sword in the Ascot Gold Cup. I take him to do the same here 1pt win @ 5/6 Hills BOG