** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 5th of September

Aidymac

Handles For Forks - Bath 4:40 Mick Channon is the top trainer at Bath so this represents a big price for his runner who i feel is a bit overpriced. Doesnt seem to find much in a finish but travelled really well two runs back at Yarmouth when 2nd to Native Colony. The step back in trip from 2m to 1m 5f is going to suit this horse very well as it found little last time out over 2m but travels well for a long way. Martin Harley does well for Channon also and looks too big a price @ 14/1. WIN @ 14/1 >Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 5.10 Bath Not the strongest race of the day but one of the more interesting ones on a desperate day. Locum is relatively consistent but doesnt win very often and although on a good mark having won off a 7lb higher mark last year, but tends to reserve his best for Yarmouth it seems and meets 2 inform and potentially well treated horses in this field. Kathleen Kennet is another mare in foal who appears to be in the form of her life right now having won very easily last time out, effectively 9lb higher here today under penalty of course with her being in foal it would be no surprise to see her defy that despite her being an 11yr old and that being her first win but for that reason I am keen to taker her on as she is likely to be a very short price. Into The Wind has been left with a lot to do on last 2 starts, but has really found some form over this trip. The first time was in a seller doing very well. The last race was a handicap at Warwick with Kathleen Kennet back in 3rd only just failing to get up having looked an all over winner a furlong out, 5lb better off with Kathleen on that running and although handicapper has raised her 4lb for that effort she perhaps more room for improvement than Kathleen and looks a likely good price against an older sort! 1pt win Into The Wind

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 3.00 Newton Abbott He's Our Lad win @7/2 PaddyPower He's Our Lad looked the likely winner last time out when getting slightly hampered and falling at the last. Today Aidan Coleman takes over from Rachel Green, and I expect this horse to win should he turn up in the same mood as last time out and stay on his feet. He pulled over 30 lengths clear with the eventual winner last time out and should have beaten 127 rated Smart Freddy 2 outings ago. The horse is in form and now with stronger handling in the saddle, I expect him to make amends. I think the price is fair, as this horse could have been rated much higher today had it not been for a bit of bad luck as he would have been coming here after 2 wins. Stable have only sent out 1 runner in the last 14 days which won so hopefully this one will keep up the 100% strike rate.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 4:50 Newcastle - Aegean Destiny - win @ 14/1 (Bet365) Quite an awful days racing ahead and there's only one catching the eye. 16 runners line out for this extended mile-and-a-half contest at Newcastle and although it's a shocking race with regards to quality (top-rated is a 62 animal), Aegean Destiny could be worth a few quid in the hope that she can gain her first win since September of '09 - achieved in a seller over 7 furlongs on just her fourth career outing. She's ultra-consistent though and rarely runs bad races, which is especially impressive considering the level she performs at. Despite being on a long losing run, this 4 year old filly has finished 2nd on 5 of her subsequent 14 outings, showing that she has a certain amount of ability over various trips. Today, Aegean Destiny tackles the stiff Newcastle track for the first time and based on her penultimate outing at Leicester (stayed on strongly into 2nd in unsuitably run race over just shy of this trip), she could relish this stamina test. There's no problem with regards to her getting the bare trip, it's just that she needs quite a lot to fall her way mid-race in order to be competitive in the closing stages (often weak-finisher). With so many runners in the field, a good pace to run at is a strong possibility and that will suit my selection for this contest. The slight ease in the ground is also a massive plus for John Mackie's charge and although she copes with quicker ground, these conditions seem to suit a lot more. Aegean Destiny is also dropping back into a C6 Handicap on turf for the first time in a long time and she has more than enough about her to get involved at this level. She's also nicely handicapped off a career-low mark of 54 and the capable Declan Cannon takes off another 3lbs. Overall, she's no sure thing to even run a decent race but with plenty being in her favour, she's worth taking a chance on. The opposition are of poor quality, so is she, and that's I'm playing very small each-way stakes.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September N4.20 Joan DArc 0.5pt E/W 8/1 Stan James Although this is (currently) a 16 runner handicap, I think 8/1 is actually really good value for this horse. It relished the trip and give underfoot last time out and the manner of the win suggests the handicapper hasn't caught up with him yet. The 5lb claimer jockey rode the horse to that win last time out (for the first time) and he takes the ride again today. The trainer couldn't be in better form and this looks a cracking e/w bet.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 5.30 Newton Abbot - Cinnamon Hill e/w at 33/1 Bet365 This could be a strange one , I just don't think it should be complete outsider. Best effort so far was when 3/14 in a Nov hurdle , albeit 7 o the runners fell or were pulled up that day but was still a good run and was given a mark of 92. All its best form in its career so far were on on good to firm ground or aw std so strange for it to have 4 subsequent runs in h/cap company on Gd/sft and all over CD. Now racing on a full 16lbs lighter than first h/cap run and getting the ground I feel it needs , I think Cinnamon can belie his odds and get in the frame

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 15:20 Newcastle MOONLIGHT MYSTERY was sent off favourite last time on handicap debut but never really travelled that day. She's worth another chance however as her trainer, Chris Wall was in very poor form in that period and even shut down the yard for a short time to get to the bottom of the problems. He's going much better now and this horse can definitely strike off a mark of 60. She showed promise in her last two efforts in maiden company, running well when not knocked about in a 7f Newmarket maiden on soft ground, and then running a solid race over 1m at Kempton in a race that worked out well. Her stamina just about ran out over that distance which indicates that her likely ideal distance is this one of 7f. Never travelled last time even though she was extremely well-backed all day and she's worth another chance, especially for a Newmarket trainer who makes a long journey up north for this one runner. A mark of 60 should be within reach on a couple of her efforts and she's much bigger than the 8/1 I expected her to be. EW @ 14/1 Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 4.00 Newton Abbot: King Edmund (11/4 Bet365/Hills) Another selection from the Chris Gordon yard with Tom Cannon in the saddle. King Edmund was a decent hurdler a couple of years ago and his best run was a second to The Betchworth Kid, he is rated 127 and improved over fences winning 3 times and earnt himself a tilt at a Class 1 Chase at Ascot in the process. His chase mark is still in the mid 130's despite not winning any of his last 6 races and pulled up when last seen at Perth in April. Now he may be running here to get him fit for a chase target on the horizon but this is an ordinary novice hurdle and he's recieving 7lbs from the only winner in the field who's only rated 120. At the prices and with the stable in good nick he's worth a punt on a drab monday.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 5:30 Newton Abbot - Argaum - Back Won a really decent looking race for the grade when beating 2 horses that looked progressive lto. He made all that day when kicking off his own pace and he quickly pulled clear and left the challengers for dead. Connections have done a great job here in finding such a poor race and with little form on offer from the opposition, he has every chance of winning again here 1pt win @ 11/10 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 5:50 Newcastle 1 pt win La Bacouetteuse (4,00) Bet365 The horse returned to the tracks in early august. Since then both races was won, so this course winner, will once again be among the fav in this race. The jockey De Souca had a bad day, yesterday at York. He will want to get back on track whit a win. Going seems to suit him well & Good to soft in places has previousley been a success for both horse and jockey.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September Bath 4.40 Oculist - Each Way 16/1 (WH) Been running better of late, upped to this trip. Ran on well at Ffos Las 2 runs back finishing 2nd over todays trip on good to firm ground. Perhaps stretched last time over 2miles at Goodwood on softish ground, back in trip and better ground forcasted should suit and claims at a price.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 4.10 Bath - Enjoying (1pt WIN 14/1 Ladbrokes) Slips a couple of pounds as a result of two seemingly disappointing nursery runs. however, he has two big positives: - he posted his highest ever rating LTO when upped in trip; upped again 2f today - first time blinkers, which according to the stats, is a positive on outsiders There isn't too much form at the head of the market in this uncompetitive affair to worry about so taking everything together I think this one offers a bit of value.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 3.50 Whats for Pudding - 3.50 Newcastle win @ SP 15 runner field here but Whats for Pudding stands out. She is bidding for a hat-trick and has only risen 3lbs after her latest victory at Musselburgh. She won on soft ground that day and good to soft at Catterick the race before so the conditions will be no problem. Both wins came over this distance and she has won on this course previously. Hugh Taylor has picked Chookie Avon in this race so Im going for SP in the hope that more money comes for that horse and subsequently my horse drifts a little

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 3.00 Newton Abbot: Space Telescope 1pt win @ 6/1 Boylesports BOG Horse recent form has been nothing to write home about but think that the reapplication of blinkers could have a positive effect today. Won twice on the trot when blinkers were first applied and after recent poor runs, they're back on again today and from a shrewd stable would be no surprise to see a completely different horse. Has ran well from this kind of mark finishing a close up 3rd over 2f further from 1lb higher in June. Likes fast ground and trip no concern and has been the subject of early money so a better effort could be on the cards :ok

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 4:10 Bath - Maastricht 1pt win at 4/1 (William Hill) Although it wasn't the strongest maiden lto, the horse impressed by making his own running and fending off the persistent challenge of the runner up to win comfortably. Stepped up again in trip and this looks more likely to suit. Ran over trips too short when first up, and although not being beaten far was always going to be suited to a mile plus. Has to run off 76 with a 6lb penalty but looks the type to defy it.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 0.5e/w de luain gorm 16.00 newton abbot 20/1 stan james de luain gorm is a course and distance winner here at newton abbot,has not been in very good form of late but the 2 month plus layoff might mean its fit again and if it is can run a decent race,last time out was carrying a stone heavyer,i cant see much real class in the field except for maybe king edmund who if fit could be in there at the end but as an e/w chance i think de luain gorm has a great chance,of its 4 wins todate 2 of them have been here at newton abbot

Re: BBOTD 5th of September 4.20 Newcastle - 1pt win Circus Clown @ 11/2 (Bet365) - BOG This 2 mile race looks sure to be a test on ground softer than good around Newcastle. This should play into the hands of my selection - the Jim Goldie trained Circus Clown. This horse improved over hurdles before returning to the flat this year, progressing from a 92 rated horse to a 113 rated horse over timber. He was well fancied on his return to the level at Ayr but it looked like he wasn't going to succeed when niggled and pushed along from quite a way out. However, he showed his stamina late on to power to the front close home. He raced over 14f last time out when again he didn't travel with immense zest. However, again he shaped as if needing every inch of the trip when 2nd behind Bocciani. A progressive horse who has won 5 of his last 7 over both codes. There was 11l back to the third on that occasion and it was an amateur riders race. Back up in trip today will suit and he goes in soft conditions. Daniel Tudhope takes the ride which is an obvious plus and he will be staying on when others tire. I think he'll take some beating today.

Re: BBOTD 5th of September Michigan Assassin 3.30 Newton Abbot. 0.5 points each way. Can't win on recent form, but I think his front running style will suit him well this afternoon and the trip and ground's fine. The price is there to take the chance, as he can go close at the weights and best form combined. 28/1 William Hill (bog)

Re: BBOTD 5th of September

Michigan Assassin 3.30 Newton Abbot. 0.5 points each way. Can't win on recent form, but I think his front running style will suit him well this afternoon and the trip and ground's fine. The price is there to take the chance, as he can go close at the weights and best form combined. 28/1 William Hill (bog)
Too late, so my next choice. Lily In Pink 3.40 Bath. 0.5 points each way. Handicap debut and that could be seeing her get her first win. Trip and ground fine and doesn't look a strong race. Should be able to run her own race, so no reason why she shouldn't go close. 5/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD 5th of September Bath 4.10 - Maastricht - win at 4/1 bog wm hill Ten furlongs on this stiffish track is a real test of stamina for 2yos and no one better tham M Johnston at training horses for stamina. This one won last time out when stamina was at a premium, 8 furlongs at ponty on good to soft ground prior to that he'd been running over 6 and 7 furlongs at easy/sharp tracks and plugging on one-paced Hopefully he'll get out in front and set a decent clip

Re: BBOTD 5th of September

Handles For Forks - Bath 4:40 Mick Channon is the top trainer at Bath so this represents a big price for his runner who i feel is a bit overpriced. Doesnt seem to find much in a finish but travelled really well two runs back at Yarmouth when 2nd to Native Colony. The step back in trip from 2m to 1m 5f is going to suit this horse very well as it found little last time out over 2m but travels well for a long way. Martin Harley does well for Channon also and looks too big a price @ 14/1. WIN @ 14/1 >Hills BOG
Hampered twice and lost by half a length, was finishing fast! :wall Will have to follow this one!