England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August

Spooner

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August Gonna assess Swindon and Aldershot's chances when I get a chance. Liked Swindon in the last round but didn't bother in the end. Southampton should rotate again, and seem underpriced. Aldershot had a great win in the last round, and maybe have some momentum.

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August I don't understand how you could back Swindon right now.... they look pretty messy. After that 3-0 victory on opening day, they have lost all 4 games in the league. Ok, they won against Bristol, but Bristol is also struggling at the moment. I think Southampton will be just too much for a side like Swindon. Latest team news about Swindon - Sunderland: Swindon skipper Oliver Risser remains sidelined with a thigh strain. Defender Alessandro Cibocchi is out with an ankle problem, but Alan Connell is set to return to the squad having been left out against Bristol City. Southampton midfielder Richard Chaplow is available again after serving a three-match ban.Recent signing Danny Fox could make his full debut for the club, while veteran striker David Connolly is likely to be rested for this game. Odds in Asia dropped pretty drastically for Southampton.

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August

I don't understand how you could back Swindon right now.... they look pretty messy. After that 3-0 victory on opening day, they have lost all 4 games in the league. Ok, they won against Bristol, but Bristol is also struggling at the moment. I think Southampton will be just too much for a side like Swindon. Latest team news about Swindon - Sunderland: Swindon skipper Oliver Risser remains sidelined with a thigh strain. Defender Alessandro Cibocchi is out with an ankle problem, but Alan Connell is set to return to the squad having been left out against Bristol City. Southampton midfielder Richard Chaplow is available again after serving a three-match ban.Recent signing Danny Fox could make his full debut for the club, while veteran striker David Connolly is likely to be rested for this game. Odds in Asia dropped pretty drastically for Southampton.
Magic of the cup, and all that, I guess :) Swindon Draw No Bet @ 3.40 (Bet365) Like Mad Men says, Swindon are obviously struggling, but sometimes the cup can be a release for sides, like in the last round at Bristol City. I'll check the teams as this might be harder to take with a full Southampton side, but otherwise, I fancy Swindon to go a bit further.

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August Carling Cup Leyton-Bristol Rovers = 1(2.00) bet365 Leyton (League One) position 24 ° points 0 Bristol Rovers (League Two) position 10° points 8 Preview: Leyton: injured: Jamie Jones (goalkeeper 0 / 0). Bristol Rovers: in doubt Joe Anyinsah (midfielder 3 / 0), Cian Bolger (striker 2 / 0); injured: Michael Smith (defender 3 / 0) Leyton began the season in a disappointing game tonight and the Carling Cup can make a change to its path as it encounters a team not in shape and with some training problems. The Bristol Rovers in the previous round of this competition 23/08/2011 surpassed only Watford on penalties after the game had ended with the score 1-1. The winner of this match will play the third round tie against Blackburn. Quote of the sign 1 (2:20-2:00), down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August Swindon Town v Southampton Total Goals - Over 2.5 @ 1.70 (William Hill) In terms of picking a winning side these early Carling Cup games are a lottery. Instead, I've been going for Over 2.5 goals recently and had a bit of success (if I remember rightly the last night of Carling Cup fixtures something like 16 out of 20 fixtures had Over 2.5 goals?). The one that clearly stands out is Swindon v Southampton. Southampton will rotate but are still a strong squad and will want a repeat of last year's Carling Cup run. Swindon haven't had the best start but these games are notorious for underperforming sides to pull out shock results as well as underdogs getting the results early on (MK Dons v Norwich last round getting four goals against a pretty much first team Norwich at Carrow Road!). Therefore, I'm going for Over 2.5 goals in this game, I'd be suprised if has no goals.

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August Cant see too many upsets tonight, the only game that I will say is a bit dodgy is the Leyton Orient v Bristol Rovers. both teams have been poor this season as Bristol Rovers could not turn over a Hereford side even after they had played extra time against Newcastle the week before. The other two Carlise to beat Aldershot, Carlise looking strong again this year and should be able to beat an average Aldershot team. Southampton would like to progress to the next round so I would expect them to be beating a poor looking Swindon team who have struggled so far this season. From the reasons above I will be going for small stakes Treble. Southampton Win Carlise Win Leyton Orient Win 7/1 with Bet 365.

Sport Football (England - Cups)
Event Leyton Orient v Bristol Rovers
Selection Bristol Rovers
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.60
Reasoning both team have been doing baldly from the start of this season and i think the away side have a more upper hand in this very game as i see the home side not winning or drawing this game, the away side is the most likey to win this match with their current performance of not losing games i think thay have this game to win.

Event Swindon v Southampton
Selection Southampton
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.73
Reasoning Southampton from the the start are the favourit6e in this year championship race but with theirlate lost to leceister i think they will do better and beat the weaker side swindon tonight as i can see this side winning this game as they will be playing with ateam that scores alot of goals and create alot of chances for scoring. this a sure bet for today english game i see.

Event Aldershot v Carlisle
Selection Carlisle
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.50
Reasoning Carlisle have been doing good from the start of this season and they will be laying this game against a side that i can't see we have have what it takes to win this match with their current league perfomance so far i dont see them ckhanlenging Carlisle here at their very home ground. i think a win for the away team is better to go with here.

SportFootball (England - Cups)
EventAldershot v Carlisle
SelectionCarlisle
Strength10/10
Date30/08/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.50
ReasoningCarlisle have been doing good from the start of this season and they will be laying this game against a side that i can't see we have have what it takes to win this match with their current league perfomance so far i dont see them ckhanlenging Carlisle here at their very home ground. i think a win for the away team is better to go with here.
Be careful with this one. I think Aldershot can win tonight, They played 80mins with 10 men on Saturday and got a 1-1 draw against a decent Oxford side. Remember it was only last week they beat West Ham too! I'm avoiding this one

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August Swindon - Southampton: Southampton @ 1.75 (Stan James) 10/10 Two leagues separate these teams and their form is in totally opposite directions. Swindon has a 1-0-4 record in League 2 and is in 21st place. Southampton has a 4-0-1 record in the Championship and is in 2nd place. Yes, Southampton may use reserve players tonight, but they still will probably have too much for a weak team that plays 2 leagues below them.

Magic of the cup, and all that, I guess :) Swindon Draw No Bet @ 3.40 (Bet365) Like Mad Men says, Swindon are obviously struggling, but sometimes the cup can be a release for sides, like in the last round at Bristol City. I'll check the teams as this might be harder to take with a full Southampton side, but otherwise, I fancy Swindon to go a bit further.
Only real changes for Saints are Lambert benched, with Lee Holmes in his place, and no Connolly, so I think I'll swerve.

Re: England > Midweek > Carling Cup > 30 August Aldershot vs carlisle Aldershot @ 19/10. 10/10 I feel that in this cup competition the home advantage is massive. After a good draw away in the league and knocking out west ham, the crowd will really get behind them. Leyton orient vs bristol rovers Leyton orient 3/10 Small punt but i feel its time that leyton orient won a game. Also made a double at 5/1 3/10 Double both teams -1.5 with a small punt 1/10 good luck all

Swindon Town v Southampton Total Goals - Over 2.5 @ 1.70 (William Hill) In terms of picking a winning side these early Carling Cup games are a lottery. Instead, I've been going for Over 2.5 goals recently and had a bit of success (if I remember rightly the last night of Carling Cup fixtures something like 16 out of 20 fixtures had Over 2.5 goals?). The one that clearly stands out is Swindon v Southampton. Southampton will rotate but are still a strong squad and will want a repeat of last year's Carling Cup run. Swindon haven't had the best start but these games are notorious for underperforming sides to pull out shock results as well as underdogs getting the results early on (MK Dons v Norwich last round getting four goals against a pretty much first team Norwich at Carrow Road!). Therefore, I'm going for Over 2.5 goals in this game, I'd be suprised if has no goals.
:cigar :nana was never in doubt.

Aldershot vs carlisle Aldershot @ 19/10. 10/10 I feel that in this cup competition the home advantage is massive. After a good draw away in the league and knocking out west ham, the crowd will really get behind them. Leyton orient vs bristol rovers Leyton orient 3/10 Small punt but i feel its time that leyton orient won a game. Also made a double at 5/1 3/10 Double both teams -1.5 with a small punt 1/10 good luck all
Aldershot came in 10/10 @ 19/10 Leyton came in 3/10 @ evs (nearly lost though i felt aldershot had more chances to win with higher odds!) Aldershot Leyton double 5.6/1 came in nicely 3/10 Lost the 18/1 both teams -1.5, only if leyton scored one more goal it woulda been a perfect night! couldnt ask for more, raked back some of me losses from EPL weekend and the barca game yesterday!

Be careful with this one. I think Aldershot can win tonight' date=' They played 80mins with 10 men on Saturday and got a 1-1 draw against a decent Oxford side. Remember it was only last week they beat West Ham too! I'm avoiding this one[/quote'] thanks , after your reminded me about how they won against Westham , i took Aldershot result 2 - 0 :)