** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September mens 200m bolt should win but is 1/9 after a good 100m performance i fancy christophe lemaitre to finish 2nd or 3rd the problem is how to back him outright is 25/1 but bolt should win only one bookie was going each way and that was 1/3 1,2 sporting index have a 50-25-10 index on this and lemaitre is 7 to buy so you risk 7 points to win 3 for 3rd and 18 for 2nd that will do for me

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September

Dai Greene to win 400m Hurdles - 6/1 BWin Gotta be took at this price! Welshmen Greene goes into the competition on fine form performing well in the meetings in the Diamond League and at Crystal Palace. He won the Commonwealth Games 400m Hurdles last year in Delhi and has only improved since then, I'll admit I do not know a lot about the 400m hurdles but it seems he goes into it in great form and shape and should be targeting bettering that time he did in Delhi.
Great Performance!! :clap:clap

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September Well done buddy, great shout and a great final. I knew it would be a tight one. Moving on, just watched the semi finals of the womens 200m and can't see Jeter getting beat. She is in a good lane to keep an eye on the others apart from Felix who is in lane 3 but the acceleration out of the turn she showed was class. I'm taking evens at SJ as most other firms go odds on. Quite a strong bet for me 5/10 so lets hope she pulls through. 5pts C. Jeter to win Womens 200m Evs Stanjames

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September One for me for Friday. 2pts S.Solomon to win Womens 200m 14/1 Paddy Power Shalonda Solomon in many ways has come into this final under the radar. Absolutely nobody is talking about her but she beat Carmelita Jeter in the US trials to book her place here and she's run the fastest time in the world over this distance this year. If that's not enough then she was the fastest qualifier from the semi finals too. I accept Jeter eased down a bit but there was no easing down in the Campbell-Brown semi as that was a hot heat. I never like taking on proven champions in the form of say Alyson Felix but having gone hard in the 400m it could have an effect on her in this final and she might not find as much as she normally might if this gets tight in the last 20m. Campbell-Brown and Jeter were competing hard in the womens 100m earlier in the week so the fresher legs definitely belong to Shalonda Solomon. In an ideal world the lane draw might've been nicer but it's not as though she's out in lane 8. She's in 6 which is still a decent lane and at 14/1 I think she's the value in this final by a country mile.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September In the 200m ideally I'd like a w/o bolt market and get an e/w shout but it doesn't look like we are going to get that. I think the young Jamaican ashmeade may be in with a shout of top 3. He is the only other person in the field to go under 20 seconds this season, along with bolt of course. That was way back in may in his home land though. By the looks of things his heat was comfortable enough and hopefully he gets through the semi's without too much trouble. He is sitting at 25/1 with stanjames so I'll have a nibble at that just now before the semi's are run as I see a bit of value in the price. 0.5pts E/W N. Ashmeade to win Mens 200m 25/1 StanJames

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September

what you think about Semenya??
she looks like the winner but at 4/9 is too short to back to beat her someone (savinova) has to make it a fast race as if the first lap is slow semenya will win jepkoskgei is the other possible winner

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September Taking one today. M.Gebremehdin to win Mens 1500m, 1pt EW @ 16/1 Bet365 (1/3 odds 1-2) You'd think from the betting that this is a 2 horse race with the 2 Kips from Kenya, Kiprop & Kiplagat, the likely 1-2. However, I'm really not certain how this will pan out and where the pace will come from, so that makes a shock a real possibility. I'm not a fan at all of the Frenchman, Baala, so will chance my arm on the Ethiopian, Gebremehdin. Finished 2nd in his heat behind Kiprop and 2nd in the 'slow' semi behind the American but has looked pretty comfortable. Still only 20 and has loads of improvement in him so is, without doubt, the big danger to the front 2. Also, has the times in the bag being the 4th fastest in the world this year too. Looks to be able to adapt his style too and, if he can replicate it here, he'll have a fantastic chance in an intriguing contest. With the Kips trading at less than 6/4, the Ethiopian must be the value and I'll take him to split them at least, with the outside hope he'll take home gold.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September Gebremehdin was 7th, poor run really. He tried to go with the Kip's too early for me but in reality, he wouldn't have got there. Looking forward to the Womens 4x400m and think that Russia are definitely the value at 7/2 to hold off the 1/2 favourites, USA. Russia have the world leading time this year and have one to bring in for this final. Admittedly the USA will also have a stronger squad but it's closer than 1/2 vs 7/2. And what of the Womens 100m Hurdles? Sally Pearson is a ridiculously short price but is the standout athlete. However, she's the 'programme cover girl' today and the curse has struck almost every day! I'm not totally convinced by her lane draw either, drawn in 3, with the 4 potential threats in 5-6-7-8. Kellie Wells EW @ 10/1 with VC would be the selection here if she can overcome her penultimate flight battering from the semis.