** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September I'll put a first one up: Asafa Powell to win 100m - 3.75 William Hill Yes I am backing against Usain Bolt. He is the 6th fastest man on the earth this year, he has struggled with injuries all year and goes into the world championships very unprepared. Anyway to Powell. He goes into this years worlds brimming with confidence and in good form, he has been running consistently 9.90 throughout the year-even in cold conditions and was also the 1st man to break the ten second barrier in Birmingham earlier last month. I just think with Bolt out of form and worries over his fitness and Tyson Gay out injured for the championships Powell will see this as a opportunity to be crowned 100m World Champion.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September mens 400m kirani james was very impressive at the start of the month at crystal palace winning in a worlds fastest time. jeremy warriner is injured and misses the championships. merritt is favourite at the moment but this may change. if you view the video you will see what i mean. he is only 18 runs in america and comes from grenada.Even though he won going away he looked like he had more in the locker. selection: kirani james 400m 9/4 skybet this was tipped by steve downes in the racing post at 5/2 and this price has disappeared. the 9/4 has gone with all but 3 bookies

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September mens 100m bolt looked unbeatable in the heats, so betting without him may be the way to go. The silver and bronze look between yoann blake and nesta carter. Carter was imo the more impressive. Only stan james and betfair offering odds according to oddschecker and the 7/2 carter with stan james looks worth taking to me.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September Mens 100M w/o Bolt: Christophe Demaitre 7/1 The 21 year old frenchman is the most promising sprinter in europe,he has ran quicker than what Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay did at his age. Earlier this year in the indoor championships he finished 3rd taking the bronze in the 80m. His times keep improving every time he runs gaining a 9.92 in late July. And with the field weakening all the time I think its time for the frenchmans name to be light up.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September Mens 10000m Winner - Mo Farah 8/13 SkyBet Can only see one outcome here with the British athlete taking gold. Farah has proven many times he is the best athlete at this event many times this year with no one coming close to him. He has set British and European records this year and I personally think he can smash those times on the big stage. Dai Greene to win 400m Hurdles - 6/1 BWin Gotta be took at this price! Welshmen Greene goes into the competition on fine form performing well in the meetings in the Diamond League and at Crystal Palace. He won the Commonwealth Games 400m Hurdles last year in Delhi and has only improved since then, I'll admit I do not know a lot about the 400m hurdles but it seems he goes into it in great form and shape and should be targeting bettering that time he did in Delhi.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September mens 110m hurdles just watched the heats and the two to impress were liu xiang and jason richardson the times were 13.2 and 13.19 and both looked at a similar level. At the prices 5/2 and 6/1 richardson has to be the pick. stan james price of 6/1 looks wrong and should be taken.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September One for me for tomorrow. 3pts L.Xhang to win Mens 110m Hurdles 9/4 Boylesports I really think Liu Xhang is the one to beat on Monday. He absolutely cruised 13.20 in his heat but he looked so smooth in doing it and was hurdling fantastically. I totally accept Robles as a danger in the final and they get a look at each other in the semi final too but the simple fact is of the two Xhang has the faster time this year and I think he's better suited to the conditions too. David Oliver is the fastest in the field in 2011 but I didn't think much too him in his heat and the way Robles put him to bed at Crystal Palace has to be a concern. Jason Richardson was arguably the most impressive of the runners in the heats but he's fairly new to major championships. Xhang will have most of the following out in Korea and after what he's been through with having to miss the Beijing Olympics he's probably got that fire and desire to make sure he nails gold here. I think he's a quality athlete and in the humid conditions he's the one for me on Monday in Daegu.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September Jason Richardson is the big mover in the odds. Best odds for the final (I'm not even going to bother quoting Victor Chandler's odds from now on): Dayron Robles 6/4 (Boylesports/Stan James) Jason Richardson 9/4 (Stan James/William Hill) Liu Xiang 3/1 (William Hill) David Oliver 12/1 (Bet365/Boylesports/Ladbrokes/William Hill) Aries Merritt 25/1 (Boylesports/Ladbrokes/William Hill) Dwight Thomas 66/1 (Ladbrokes) Andy Turner 150/1 (Bet365) William Sharman 200/1 (Bet365)

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September i don't like picking favourites but the mens 400mh looks like a match between dai greene and javier culson. greene was very impressive in the semi, culson looked to me like he may just pick greene off towards the finish . not a great price but culson @ 13/8 with skybet is my pick.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September I wouldn't put you off backing Culson Wayne but it is too close to call for me. They both looked good in the semi's, both winning pretty comfortably. I wouldn't discount Bershawn Jackson either, he hasn't looked as good as previous years but he still has a quick time in him going by his performance earlier in the season. It would be great to see Dai Greene take it down though and I will be leaving my hard earned in my pocket for this event so I can enjoy what is sure to be an exciting race.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September I quite like the look of Silas Kiplagat in the 1500m at odds of 5/4. May wait until after the semi finals on Thursday though before I put some money down. He has been impressive this year and is worthy favourite for this event. A few tricky customers in the event though so will wait and see how they go in the semi.

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September does anyone have any views on the womens 400mh? based on the semis demus should win from antyukh but is there any way back for kaliese spencer? she seemed to run very flat but are there excuses if i had to pick one it would be antyukh as she looks tough and consistent and i think demus is too short

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September leaning towards pearson to win the 100m hurdles, she has said in an interview for her opponents to be wary of her. looks like shes in top form. the link to the interview: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/london-olympics/hurdler-sally-pearson-happy-to-play-favourite/story-fn9dheyx-1226121435394 another australian to watch is mitchell watt for the long jump. young and motivated. the one to beat definitely

Re: IAAF World Championships Athletics 27th August - 4th September

does anyone have any views on the womens 400mh? based on the semis demus should win from antyukh but is there any way back for kaliese spencer? she seemed to run very flat but are there excuses if i had to pick one it would be antyukh as she looks tough and consistent and i think demus is too short
I think you've pretty much nailed it, demus looked impressive in the semis and looks the one to beat. I have no idea what has happened to Spencer, world leading time and should be challenging but has looked poor so far. The one I like the look of is hejnova to finish in the top 3 at odds of 21/10. She has a sb of 53.29 and has antyukh on the outside of her which could help. I think it could be a straight fight with Spencer to get the 3rd spot and at those odds I'm willing to take her.