** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Backing odds on shots long term - the quick way to the poor house?

Re: Backing odds on shots long term - the quick way to the poor house?

Yes I know mate' date=' you were saying that statement was wrong but it wasn't a statement, it was a question. :lol Anyways, I try not to back under 2-1 most of the time, favourite opposer rather than favourite backer. :ok[/quote']yes but it was a statement masquerading as a question:lol.... I could say for example "Isn't so and so's wife ugly"? It is a question but also a statement :unsure.. I never back under 7-1 or 8-1:cow..each to their own.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Backing odds on shots long term - the quick way to the poor house? Erhaab, I have no laptop access at the mo but will try do one on my iPhone even thought it's a bit of a ballache. As for frequency, I've been slaughtered for backing 'every' odds on shot going before, and now I'm being criticised for betting too infrequently so clearly can't win there. Current strategy seems to be working well so think I'll stick with how it is at the moment I reckon

Re: Backing odds on shots long term - the quick way to the poor house? I wonder if there's a psychological thing here From my point of view i know that when i back a short price one and it loses i feel desolate................:loon I'm grumpy all day and feel cheated When i back one in my usual price odds, say average 5/1, I shrug it off when it loses 'cos i think I've got four more goes to find a winner..........:lol

I don't know what happens more on this forum' date=' Erhaab poking Wizzkid about backing odds on shots or Ginge, in his heyday, banging on about value![/quote'] I'm not poking fun at Wizzkid , i myself back a lot of short priced favs.I'm genuinely interested in his thread and wish him all the best. On occassions i do sound sarcastic or critical but that is not the intention , its my fault for not articulating myself properly.

Erhaab, I have no laptop access at the mo but will try do one on my iPhone even thought it's a bit of a ballache. As for frequency, I've been slaughtered for backing 'every' odds on shot going before, and now I'm being criticised for betting too infrequently so clearly can't win there. Current strategy seems to be working well so think I'll stick with how it is at the moment I reckon
Just off my casual monitoring, you do seem to be doing better and avoiding a lot of the volatility you used to get before. You just have to be selective and if that means you only bet once or twice a week then so be it. It's all about the money you make and your return on stakes rather than the number of bets. :ok